Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man I was late to the window and just wanted to get a fish to surface slap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Love a good fishing combo

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Thundarr posted:

I haven't been hit at all by the wings in P12, other than the very first run when I didn't catch the tell. I'm very used to moving into an AoE animation the moment it begins, though.

I finally gave P9S a try with part of a super casual static static and boy, Levinstrike just dismantles a party until every single person rewires their brains to do it correctly. First floor savage fights don't usually have a mechanic that wild just a few minutes in.

I thought Levinstrike was infinitely better than Devour from P5 at least. It probably takes longer to learn but during reclears we would definitely have occasional wipes on devour due to weird snapshots or latency that we don’t have on Levinstrike.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

oof

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Should have ground out Chrysalis or something to get newbie points and rerolled that, tbh.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Kwyndig posted:

Should have ground out Chrysalis or something to get newbie points and rerolled that, tbh.

It was a chance at a triple, don't think you should be rerolling those.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Thundarr posted:

I haven't been hit at all by the wings in P12, other than the very first run when I didn't catch the tell. I'm very used to moving into an AoE animation the moment it begins, though.

I finally gave P9S a try with part of a super casual static static and boy, Levinstrike just dismantles a party until every single person rewires their brains to do it correctly. First floor savage fights don't usually have a mechanic that wild just a few minutes in.

Devour was quite similar in week 1 p5s, but the difference there was that eventually a braindead strat was discovered which meant everyone could do the same very simple movement.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

shuffling that 7/9 would have been the dumbest thing ever

but the end result is a tail as old as time

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mainwaring posted:

Devour was quite similar in week 1 p5s, but the difference there was that eventually a braindead strat was discovered which meant everyone could do the same very simple movement.

Yeah, Devour *looked* intimidating but it was quickly found that there's a super easy walking path for each of the two patterns to avoid it entirely.

Levinstrike is more in line with Cachexia imo, but a bit more complicated since the assigned positions and movement aren't fixed to map directions.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Started P10S last night. That fight's more fun than I was expecting.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

boss of P10 sounds familiar and I think it's hermes' va but I'm not sure

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I absolutely love how hammy the voice acting from p8 onward is ngl.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"I will give you special cells"
(my brain)"Look, Look with your special cells." "MY BRAND!"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

webs...lIkE uNtO CHAINS!!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
AND THESE SALES ARE MINE

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

got up to harrowing hell last night, but so far p10s is mostly yoship brutally owning me with tetradaemoniac bond snapshots not including me even though I WAS TOTALLY loving IN IT and/or jade passage

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I wish they'd given Gosetsu some healing poo poo in duty support so if you were a tank you wouldn't miss out on the Lyse/Hien/Gosetsu party, but I understand they know the fandom would have taken that as 'geomancer CONFIRMED'.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I wish they'd given Gosetsu some healing poo poo in duty support so if you were a tank you wouldn't miss out on the Lyse/Hien/Gosetsu party, but I understand they know the fandom would have taken that as 'geomancer CONFIRMED'.

I think it is more that him dropping the sword for healing is supposed to be a dramatic reveal

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
While you were studying the sword, I practiced healing

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

I think it is more that him dropping the sword for healing is supposed to be a dramatic reveal

poo poo you're right. It's been so long since I played through, I'm a dummy

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the healing blade

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

'geomancer CONFIRMED'.

You're god drat right it is. :mad:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

'geomancer CONFIRMED'.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
NPCs don't have job stones so they can cross class physik and fracture

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

NPCs don't have job stones

Such bullshit. They should have them. Playing without them is considered trolling, and can get you in trouble. BRB. Reporting all the Duty, Duty Support, Trust, and Adventuerer Squad NPCs!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Y'shtola: I mastered my arcane powers through years of grueling practice and study.

WoL: i hav stone and beeg hat

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Mordiceius posted:

THIS IS MY LUCKY SHIRT

oh hey! I was there. congrats again

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Such bullshit. They should have them. Playing without them is considered trolling, and can get you in trouble. BRB. Reporting all the Duty, Duty Support, Trust, and Adventuerer Squad NPCs!

well it depends on the job. martyn is handing out blue mage soul crystals like candy

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

well it depends on the job. martyn is handing out blue mage soul crystals like candy

That's because the are... :ssh:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Badger of Basra posted:

webs...lIkE uNtO CHAINS!!!

Athena created spiders in Greek Mythology by the way....

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ruzihm posted:

oh hey! I was there. congrats again

Thanks bud!

I swear that ever since I changed into my new fishing glam, I've had godly fishing luck. Just knocking out multiple fish that have tormented me for nearly a year.

At this point, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm a FSH main. I do other content, sure. But fish always take priority.

Down to my final 13 non-ocean fish. Only need Steth, Salad, Egg, and Lancet for Big Fish.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

I absolutely love how hammy the voice acting from p8 onward is ngl.

Every raid should be voiced

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RME posted:

Every raid should be voiced

As scenery-chewing as possible.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Lord_Magmar posted:

The issue is that a lot of the time, you get the orange floor zones showing you when the snapshot happens, when that is taken away it can feel awkward because all that is left is the animation itself, and when you get snapshotted compared to when the animation hits can be very attack dependent.

The vast majority of the time, the snapshot happens when the castbar finishes. That's it. You know when the attack is going to snapshot because there's a cast bar. The visuals tell you where not to be standing when the snapshot occurs, but the cast bar tells you when you need to be clear. Once you've internalized that this is how it works (that you dodge the snapshot and not the animation), it's both easier to reliably dodge attacks in general as well as identify where your mistakes were if you failed to dodge something.

Mainwaring posted:

I will die on this hill; walking in a circle and counting then going the other direction isn't harder than the braindead strat, PF just can't count - and if you've gone into PF for P9S, you know this is true.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just did P12, once I figured out what the tells were the wings didn’t feel like anything out of the ordinary to me?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Badger of Basra posted:

I have not ever gotten hit by the wings once this is cope

I mostly agree. I do think the wings timing is harsher than it has been in the past (let's say in shb, some euphro mechs are similarly harsh), it sure got me my first attempt! But it's still completely reasonable, you just can't dawdle.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The wings feel absolutely normal. The first one is the same as any other ability with a cast bar. Maybe people expect more time for the subsequent ones, but I dodge into the animation as a habbit.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Finished Alexander questline. Did not expect it to be this good initially, considering goblins can be… a bit much, but I love time travel fuckery

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the alex quests are great and roundrox is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
*touches scar*