Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

all i know about the gout is that somehow my nephew had it in his... twenties? early thirties?

Gout isn’t (just) caused by organ meat. Any meat, especially fish, many veggies,alcohol, carbonation, genetics, being a man, and elevation changes will cause. Luckily there’s a medication that mostly makes it go away.

Anyway your asparagus looks great. That’s almost identical to my recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

nexous posted:

Gout isn’t (just) caused by organ meat. Any meat, especially fish, many veggies,alcohol, carbonation, genetics, being a man, and elevation changes will cause. Luckily there’s a medication that mostly makes it go away.

You forget the risk factor of being Filipino

Also what's that medication, cuz I literally do know a bunch of Filipino people with gout problems

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

drk posted:

You forget the risk factor of being Filipino

Also what's that medication, cuz I literally do know a bunch of Filipino people with gout problems

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682673.html

Allopurinol.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

gorged at a cookout for a kid's bday party today, so a light dinner

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Egg roll bowls

Ground pork
Cabbage
Carrots
Garlic
Ginger

And what my wife has dubbed liquid slim Jim sauce. Sesame oil, red chili flakes, sesame, greeen onion, garlic. Just let that sit on low heat for hours then strain. Tastes as named

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
A frozen chicken patty, sesame bun, mayo with Valentinas mixed in, pickled jalapenos, avocado, pepperjack cheese, and like 3 inches of shredded lettuce. And frozen tater tots. Kind of like lovely takeout but you dont have to leave.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nexous posted:

Egg roll bowls

Ground pork
Cabbage
Carrots
Garlic
Ginger

And what my wife has dubbed liquid slim Jim sauce. Sesame oil, red chili flakes, sesame, greeen onion, garlic. Just let that sit on low heat for hours then strain. Tastes as named

It's really loving good, way back an old gf and me would make a batch then eat it like 5 meals in a row

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Homemade TacoBell bean burritos. 60grams whole wheat flour 38g water, tsp of baking powder, salt. Blend a 14.5oz can of good tomatoes and cook down with fresh garlic, onion granules, cumin, smokey paprika, chili powder, vinegar, salt. pinto beans with reserved cooking liquid food processed, salt. Tillamook med cheddar, sour cream. Finely diced red onion. I just can't do a $1.89 for a bean burrito at TB anymore; used to be able to walk from work and get a two bean burrito lunch for $1.78

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

drk posted:

made a big messy pile of chicken tinga

the picture undersells it, it was real good served in a hot tortilla

Hell yes, I haven't made Tinga in over a year, it is so drat good with sour cream and cilantro

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why the Christ would anyone want to drink a slim Jim

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Polished off some buffalo short ribs in chipotle BBQ sauce w/ garlic mashed potatoes and calabacitas I got yesterday

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 16, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

Why the Christ would anyone want to drink a slim Jim

Do you drink many sauces?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yes

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My favorite is that vinegary tempura sauce you get I’ll put a couple pieces of tempura in the sauce bowl and then drain the whole thing like I’m doing a shot of Jäegermeister while my wife hides her face in shame.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Last night I made a couple of sandwiches of leftover curry. Probably finish off the rest of it the same way tonight.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

bird with big dick posted:

My favorite is that vinegary tempura sauce you get I’ll put a couple pieces of tempura in the sauce bowl and then drain the whole thing like I’m doing a shot of Jäegermeister while my wife hides her face in shame.

Yes picture that in bottled form

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The last two nights I had this. A pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach and provolone with a broccoli cauliflower salad and potato salad. The potato salad was super sweet which was gross. Overall it was really good.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
That sounds tasty

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I'm pre-loading my dinner with tobacco and alcohol. It'll probably be alcohol and tobacco with sauce

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Alcohol and tobacco for me too until later when I make sloppy joes!

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Alcohol and tobacco for me too until later when I make sloppy joes!

That's a good sauce

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Realistically It'll be alcohol and tobacco for dinner, then simple despair over my career floundering until I think about my family and rewatch some cartoons. Tomorrow is gonna get here soon

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The last two nights I had this. A pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach and provolone with a broccoli cauliflower salad and potato salad. The potato salad was super sweet which was gross. Overall it was really good.

I normally hate pork cuts but holy poo poo that looks amazing. Nice work.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I bought it like that. :(

But it was from a local butcher and it was really good. Cheap too because it was pork tenderloin. Two of those together was like $7-8. A single beef tenderloin that size would be like $15.

I'm not a huge fan of pork unless it's a tenderloin or a sausage. It's really easy to dry out a pork chop and I ate so many dried pork chops as a kid that I don't remember the last time I had one. Maybe 20 years. Tenderloin is WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better and more forgiving. I have a few whole ones in my freezer.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 16, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I cut pork tenderloin (when safeway sells it to me cheap) into ~1/3inch so it fries up in 8mins (seasoned breading, panko) - fried pork sandwiches are potentially economical and delicious

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah. That's a good idea.

I always cook them whole in the oven after a very long marinade. Although I usually buy the pre-marinated ones because they are pretty cheap.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pork tenderloin definitely doesn't get enough love

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

drove 4 hours to the beach. split a fisherman's platter for lunch. altogether goddamn fantastic, but the hush puppies were unbelievable. the toddler kept stealing clam strips.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I need more tartar than that /size king. That's 4 bites

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Seriously is that some kind of a sick joke?

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Gambit is great in this thread 'cause he brings pics

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

“Japanese pan noodles” (udon) from Noodles & Company. With beef.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Hammu-rob-i posted:

it was in a bottle so that was only a portion of the total. don't worry.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

runchild posted:

“Japanese pan noodles” (udon) from Noodles & Company. With beef.

we had cold noodles with chicken for dinner, but i ate it instead of taking pictures

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB posted:

Kraft Dinner. :canada:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

the stoned boomer across the street from this beach house is yelling very loudly at his wife about what he thinks they shouldn't order for dinner. it is my belief that he should simply eat.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

drove 4 hours to the beach. split a fisherman's platter for lunch. altogether goddamn fantastic, but the hush puppies were unbelievable. the toddler kept stealing clam strips.

I can't convince most adults to enjoy fried clams so the toddler has good taste.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like kraft dinner fine as a side, but just plowing through a bowl ehhhh

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Pizza Hut half cheese half pep pizza, breadsticks, bourbon and a Pepsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003