Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Headline inflation soars; journalists priced out of lett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

is something awful going to become popular again?

lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

will we start making fun of 2023 reg dates?

God I hope not.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Let the zoomers come, I want to see posts that aren't all back pain related

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

Let the zoomers come, I want to see posts that aren't all back pain related

goons are about to realize that as scoldy as they can be, they don't hold a candle to the zoomers in that department

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

goons are about to realize that as scoldy as they can be, they don't hold a candle to the zoomers in that department
that's because we trained them well with tumblr in their formative years :patriot:

the prodigal xon returns :3:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

will we start making fun of 2023 reg dates?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

nature is healing

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1667233235531624450?s=20

quote:

More than 1 in 13 holders of federal student loans are currently behind on their other payment obligations, the CFPB found.

As of March, around 2.5 million people with student debt were delinquent on another one of their loans or payments. That’s 200,000 more borrowers with a delinquency, compared with last September.

Even before the Covid-19-related public health crisis, when the U.S. economy was enjoying one of its healthiest periods in history, there were still problems plaguing the federal student loan system.

Only about half of borrowers were in repayment in 2019, according to an estimate by Kantrowitz. Around 25% — or more than 10 million people — were in delinquency or default, and the rest had applied for temporary relief measures for struggling borrowers, including deferments or forbearances.

These grim figures led to comparisons to the 2008 mortgage crisis.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1667332081238646785?s=20

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

Hmm I don't believe you, councillors!

*basket of goods shrinks 3% every year until it defies Zeno's paradox*

bullshit chart lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wow, I can't believe The Economist would publish something garbage!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

weekend Schadenfreude

https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1667527022736801796

and

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

would prefer a graph like accident per 100,000 cars but there’s no doubting tesla autopilot is a mobile suicide booth

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jel Shaker posted:

would prefer a graph like accident per 100,000 cars but there’s no doubting tesla autopilot is a mobile suicide booth

the article says the manufacturer with the next highest number of automated crashes is subaru with 23 since 2019

tesla has more than 100 in q1 2023 alone

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

the article says the manufacturer with the next highest number of automated crashes is subaru with 23 since 2019

tesla has more than 100 in q1 2023 alone

yeah but is that 23/23? the question is if tesla is especially bad at this or is autopilot itself completely irresponsible on the road with todays technology

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Yeah, the numbers can be high but without the rate it doesn't tell you anything.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
although it’s a weird comparison because eyesight (subarus thingy) isn’t a self driving feature, it’s a driver assist that does lanekeeping etc

there’s roughly as many Teslas in the world as there are subarus with eyesight installed

without a per miles driven figure it’s statistically invalid but it’s also obvious that teslas are deathtraps and huge pieces of poo poo. now. what thread am I in

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

every tesla on the road is born with an unquenchable thirst for self-destruction with as much collateral damage as possible

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Gunshow Poophole posted:

although it’s a weird comparison because eyesight (subarus thingy) isn’t a self driving feature, it’s a driver assist that does lanekeeping etc

there’s roughly as many Teslas in the world as there are subarus with eyesight installed

without a per miles driven figure it’s statistically invalid but it’s also obvious that teslas are deathtraps and huge pieces of poo poo. now. what thread am I in

I imagine it's also an owner culture thing like plenty of cars have lane assist and basic things like that but tesla is the only one selling their poo poo and literally calling it Autopilot which has morons posting on twitter about how they nap in the backseat while autopilot drives them across state lines

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah but is that 23/23? the question is if tesla is especially bad at this or is autopilot itself completely irresponsible on the road with todays technology

it's both. teslas are particularly bad at automated driving because they rely solely on a relatively unsophisticated camera system to do it. the older cars that had specific sensors for judging distance and object detection had them disabled whenever they went in for service (newer models just don't have them entirely). elon says the sensors are useless and that the camera system is better, but it's unequivocally not

it's incredibly irresponsible. the article notes they have about 400,000 active users and nearly 1,000 crashes. it should be illegal. there's also the problem of software updates: while they give tesla flexibility in their recalls, a software update can obviously also make things worse. if one introduces some severe bugs and is pushed to every tesla that has the FSD feature, then that's 400,000 more potentially dangerous drivers on the road, opting everyone else into their lovely beta test without anyone but the elon stan consenting to being a test subject

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Gunshow Poophole posted:

so is "full self-driving". they're using (and marketing) it in a way that the NHTSA didn't intend

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the number would be higher but obviously a lot of crashes are slipping through due to it turning itself off

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so I will say that on a long drive I realize I can no longer live without automatic radar cruise control

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/sweatystartup/status/1667530395204694016?s=20

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Love it, check out the "luxury outdoor living" at rentals near me

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i hope the other side of the patio door also opens so u can just kick your garbage bags out the side with no floor

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i laughed but i don't think that's a parody account, and now i'm filled with dread

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

I read some of the replies on this account and pray that it's some sort of parody landlord account because holy poo poo throw him in a volcano

https://twitter.com/sweatystartup/status/1667533344031080450?s=20

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lmao
https://twitter.com/sweatystartup/status/1667541236884881409?s=20

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

roffles posted:

I read some of the replies on this account and pray that it's some sort of parody landlord account because holy poo poo throw him in a volcano

That guy is a right-wing troll saying intentionally inflammatory stuff.

Him bragging about owning some self-storage locations seems real though, and that is a great business for scumbags because it's less regulated than rental housing so you can bait and switch or arbitrarily jack up rents.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

That guy is a right-wing troll saying intentionally inflammatory stuff.

Him bragging about owning some self-storage locations seems real though, and that is a great business for scumbags because it's less regulated than rental housing so you can bait and switch or arbitrarily jack up rents.

fair enough, triggering the libs from your main business account seems counterproductive to me but that’s why I’m not a landlord.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I don't think I've actually seen these numbers before, drat that is bleak

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

i laughed but i don't think that's a parody account, and now i'm filled with dread

bet they didn’t anchor that to the wall, bet it’s just nailed.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wouldn't that mean that Binance is doing securities broker stuff (since they're effectively churning securities)? :thunk:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

nick i think they appear when construction companies build the buildings and hand them off to the final custodian, not because weirdo hustle guys build them from home depot wood out of the back of their f350

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

bet they didn’t anchor that to the wall, bet it’s just nailed.

Considering there is literally no way for one of the railings to be anchored to anything, as it abuts the glass door, you are probably correct. This is a tragedy and/or lawsuit waiting to happen.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I don't think he's serious.

https://twitter.com/sweatystartup/status/1667533344031080450

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

This is the "don't complain about being poor when you could simply plant 2 million tomatoes" guy.