Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Spotters guides, get your spotters guides:

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/pdf/courses/2023/24-heures-du-mans/spotter-guide-24-heures-du-mans-2023.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Does Fassbender not have social media accounts?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Does Fassbender not have social media accounts?

He can't even use a computer without it crashing.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Rossi won the Road To Le Mans race in GT3 yesterday, would think he's a dead cert for WEC next year

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

lol

Rossi won the Road To Le Mans race in GT3 yesterday, would think he's a dead cert for WEC next year
I still don't understand how race control let him speed through a yellow flag zone at one of the Porsche curves, which was both shown on the YouTube stream and mentioned by RLM.

If Anders Fjordbach was getting punished for tracklimits (which was entirely deserved, as he did), running a yellow flag seems a much worse infringement.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
80% chance of rain and 1.5” forecasted now. We’ll be in the T23 grandstand and my dad and I are doing the grid walk. I feel like we’re the only Americans not wearing race/car branded polos l.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Arcella posted:

80% chance of rain and 1.5” forecasted now. We’ll be in the T23 grandstand and my dad and I are doing the grid walk. I feel like we’re the only Americans not wearing race/car branded polos l.

Plenty of yanks wearing t-shirts and other non-wec aligned apparel in the village. Maybe in the royalty stands it’s another story. Weather is cloudy but not terrible as per this message.

Edit:

Powershift posted:

Thread title material.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 10, 2023

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

Mods thread title please.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

weather forecast I saw had the bulk of the rain falling just as the green flag drops :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope rockenfeller is starting the nascar car or that thing is gonna last all of half a lap

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SlowBloke posted:

Plenty of yanks wearing t-shirts and other non-wec aligned apparel in the village.

Can confirm, wearing my Indycar hat and Indy 500 tshirt on my way to the track now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Mods thread title please.

lol took me a second but I've got it now

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How long is a stint nowadays?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Prototypes are normally 45 to 50 min, gt cars about an hour?

I don't know if that's changed at all.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Cygni posted:

Can confirm, wearing my Indycar hat and Indy 500 tshirt on my way to the track now.

Lol I think I bumped into you. Just parked near the carlsberg tent.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Prototypes are normally 45 to 50 min, gt cars about an hour?

I don't know if that's changed at all.

sounds about right. I think the P2 cars might be a bit shorter than the Hypercars too for spacing purposes.

I think most will do tires on double or triple stints, but we'll see.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Live weather status for goons being fuzzy and warm at home, very light rain, like one drip every 30s. Static cloud banks.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Live weather status for goons being fuzzy and warm at home, very light rain, like one drip every 30s. Static cloud banks.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm so hyped! Love this race so much!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

SlowBloke posted:

Appreciating the minute-by-minute weather reports and hoping they continue throughout the race

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Custard Undies posted:

I'm so hyped! Love this race so much!

it's my favorite race and this one looks like it'll be the best one in years

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How long is a stint nowadays?
Audi one year did five fuel-only to one full-service pitstop, and won on that strategy.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Watching Hockenheim GT masters live and they're just doing the pitstop, its neck and neck.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
@ilmucche connectivity here is ultra shite, awful.app barely loads so cut me a break

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Drama at Hockenheim: Seppänen's car looks like it broke an axle and broke down on the circuit so the safety car's out and bunched up the field of some very hungry chasers a "real dash for the cash" as the announcer is so inelegantly calling it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

@ilmucche connectivity here is ultra shite, awful.app barely loads so cut me a break

just messing with you, enjoy the race!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Oh gently caress me, leclerc is in the Ferrari pitlane, any chances of finishing the race are gone :negative:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
24 hours of listening to the Cadillac

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

24 hours of listening to the Cadillac

:allears:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
This is gonna be gooooooood.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Gridwalk was so fuckin crowded you could barely see the cars. Almost bumped into Michelle Gatting though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there no booth commentary on Motortrend+ now or is my audio mix hosed?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Is there no booth commentary on Motortrend+ now or is my audio mix hosed?

It’s not just you

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Is the Motortrend coverage on the app only or is it broadcast on something?

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
LeBron waving the flag and I have still yet to hear anybody making a 24 Hours of Le Brons joke.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Brass Hand posted:

It should be on their cable channel too, but I think it’ll have commercials

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Brass Hand posted:

You can stream from their site in North America; there’s a big banner at the top. But if you want a commentary booth prior to the start it’s RLM.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
teaching the 6yo twins about lemans and multi-class racing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Patriotic displays at NFL games: BAD.

This special forces french flag bullshit each year: is good, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

algebra testes posted:

Patriotic displays at NFL games: BAD.

This special forces french flag bullshit each year: is good, actually.
:hmmorks: