Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

THE COMMUNITY WITH AUTISM?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Passive Voice Speaks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Autism-involved shooting

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

THE AUTISTIC COMMUNITY??!

yup

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Hey I finally watched that Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher match and uh, what the gently caress? First of all it was crazy that commentary was Eddie Kingston and CM Punk and that the ref was Bryce Remsburg.

But what was crazier was Necro Butcher seemingly going out of his way to take moves right to the dome? Why'd he do that? How is he still alive? That poo poo was wild! Were they botches?

If I had to sum it up in just one question it'd be: What the gently caress?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apophenium posted:

Hey I finally watched that Samoa Joe vs. Necro Butcher match and uh, what the gently caress? First of all it was crazy that commentary was Eddie Kingston and CM Punk and that the ref was Bryce Remsburg.

But what was crazier was Necro Butcher seemingly going out of his way to take moves right to the dome? Why'd he do that? How is he still alive? That poo poo was wild! Were they botches?

yes.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

apophenium posted:

God-tier wrestling does indeed bewilder the brain sometimes.
gently caress, that match is so loving good. One of the best ever, imo.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

apophenium posted:

Eddie Kingston said it best, THAT'S loving AWESOME, that's what the gently caress.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

neoaxd posted:

God-tier wrestling does indeed bewilder the brain sometimes.
gently caress, that match is so loving good. One of the best ever, imo.

necro landing on his head taking a powerslam on the concrete lives in my head forever

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZdX_ub03I

Does anyone know where I can find the Judy Bagwell promo here?? I tried searching YT and the best I could find is when Rick introduced her as the co-holder of the tag belts. I want to see the supposedly massive pops she received.

I don't recall this part of Nitro because I completely fast forwarded through most of them because of how stupid the entire Warrior/Wolfpac poo poo was.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Suplex Liberace posted:

necro landing on his head taking a powerslam on the concrete lives in my head forever

Sadly he brain-damaged himself into becoming a Trump supporter and wrestles as MAGA Butcher now.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CombineThresher posted:

Sadly he brain-damaged himself into becoming a Trump supporter and wrestles as MAGA Butcher now.

Well, at least he's not paying any child support!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CombineThresher posted:

Oh, wow, I thought it was Madman Pondo who went that route.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I know MAGA Butcher is 49, but he looks a solid decade older than that.

As for Pondo, AFAIK this is all he had to say on the matter

https://twitter.com/MadmanPondo/status/823888810513600513?s=20

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Cant stop pondo indeed

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

folks, etc.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

lmao Butcher is only seven years older than me. Makes me feel even better about myself than all those pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio with all those signs of aging.

I was wondering, what's up with Randy Orton? Is he still in WWE? Last I bothered to check, he was their on-and-off chosen one that got a TON of focus and was involved in lots of stupid poo poo that didn't get him more over but got many people buried. I haven't heard about him recently, though, not that I really checked. Is this just a down-period from the usual thing? Is he hurt, as he often happens to be? Or worse, is he in the midcard? Where is the voices guy?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Grendels Dad posted:

lmao Butcher is only seven years older than me. Makes me feel even better about myself than all those pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio with all those signs of aging.

I was wondering, what's up with Randy Orton? Is he still in WWE? Last I bothered to check, he was their on-and-off chosen one that got a TON of focus and was involved in lots of stupid poo poo that didn't get him more over but got many people buried. I haven't heard about him recently, though, not that I really checked. Is this just a down-period from the usual thing? Is he hurt, as he often happens to be? Or worse, is he in the midcard? Where is the voices guy?

He's currently out due to a back injury. Before that, he was in an odd couple tag team with Matt Riddle. If the rumors are right, that tag team was supposed to break up a year ago but Orton fought to keep them together because he was so happy to be something besides The Viper (he hears voices in his head, they talk to him, he understands, they talk to him) for once.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He said the same thing about his team with Bray years ago. "Wow I get to wear a shirt? That's different"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

He's currently out due to a back injury. Before that, he was in an odd couple tag team with Matt Riddle. If the rumors are right, that tag team was supposed to break up a year ago but Orton fought to keep them together because he was so happy to be something besides The Viper (he hears voices in his head, they talk to him, he understands, they talk to him) for once.

Yeah, the tacit formation of the Riddle team was where I stopped following, I think.

DeathChicken posted:

He said the same thing about his team with Bray years ago. "Wow I get to wear a shirt? That's different"

You'd almost feel sorry for Orton if he wasn't constantly overpushed.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Lurks With Wolves posted:

He may be done altogether due to that back injury. Or at the very least the RKO may become a PPV/PLE only finisher for him.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Randy Orton should retire from too many “injuries”… then go to AEW :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I would no joke be interested in seeing what randy could do outside wwe but it's likely way too late in his career for it

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
As someone who has never seen anything Randy Orton did that interested him at all, I would love him as the leader of a New World Order-style faction in AEW trying to bring sports ent... oh. Never mind, yeah, Jericho was 10x the Orton Randy could have been really

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't actually see this, but is this the skit where orton turns off the lights and splinter cells like three legends?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yes and it seemed like it was entirely built around a prop one of the writers found at a thrift store

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Shard posted:

Yes and it seemed like it was entirely built around a prop one of the writers found at a thrift store

In my head, the prop was gonna be like splinter cell cosplay, but you're right, that looks cheap and lame.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

welders glasses

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

:dogstare: Lemme just erase that from my YouTube history...

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Edit: nvm.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't actually see this, but is this the skit where orton turns off the lights and splinter cells like three legends?

Didn't the legends include Christian Cage, Paul Wight and possibly Mark Henry?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

you forgot the best (well actually worst) part. He wrestles as MAGA Butcher IN XPW.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The first time I heard about his new "gimmick" was when he showed up in my local indy to be a heel manager to one of our guys. I hadn't gone to that show so someone who regularly did at work told me about it. I thought it was just a tasteless heat thing but, welp. There's a very real possibility that my local indy was the first place that saw his new shtick.

Shame, but at least with the current goings-on it can be laughed at. Classic Necro stuff is still very good and it still blows my mind he was in The Wrestler.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Shame, but at least with the current goings-on it can be laughed at. Classic Necro stuff is still very good and it still blows my mind he was in The Wrestler.

I remember alarming my non-fan friends who enjoyed it by explaining that Necro stapling dollar bills into his head wasn't movie magic.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Dawgstar posted:

I remember alarming my non-fan friends who enjoyed it by explaining that Necro stapling dollar bills into his head wasn't movie magic.

When he worked Abdullah the Butcher in NWA-SW I saw some kid after the match go "see I told you the blood was fake" and dipped his finger into some blood on the apron and then stuck his finger in his mouth. Ugh

I'm in the back on the bleachers near the entrance way

https://youtu.be/cbAI3aBjo28

I again met Necro sometime later in the ring during my very first wrestling match.

http://cautionlowflyingwords.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-i-met-necro-butcher.html?m=1

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Now for the real question on all our minds: when is he going to wrestle "The Progressive Liberal" Daniel Richards?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flatluigi posted:

I would no joke be interested in seeing what randy could do outside wwe but it's likely way too late in his career for it

AEW was interested in signing him at his last contract negotiation, but Orton just used them to leverage more money out of WWE. Seems like he's really not interested in doing anything new.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is there any interest in a watch along of 90s njpw? Ive been going through 1992 chronologically and i've got a lotta matches to post about but no thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Honestly weird that there isn't really a non-modern wrestling chat thread, not counting the WCW thread, or if there is I missed it. Would be good for anything before 2010 or what-have-you.