Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Exactly. Seele was literally my second pull so at that point it was yep time to save and blow it all chasing JY's LC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Meiteron posted:

The best way to mentally handle an early character pull like that is not to think about the potential for Eidolons but think about the extra new character you can now likely afford with the unspent resources! Now you could roll for Luocha too, or try to get Kafka and Blade next patch.
Yeah, exactly. Now I gotta save some for Fu Xuan too to make the Quantum team real

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Bussamove posted:

That's annoying, it looks like if you've already cleared it you can't progress the BP mission to earn stars in Forgotten Hall because MoC doesn't count. I mean there's more than enough exp to max it out but still!

As it's nearing the reset for it I just did my MoC run and they counted for me.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

shrach posted:

As it's nearing the reset for it I just did my MoC run and they counted for me.

Weird. Must have gotten fixed in the interim or was a weird bug on my end. Well regardless that’s good!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly I don't see me getting 15 stars from MoC.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bussamove posted:

Weird. Must have gotten fixed in the interim or was a weird bug on my end. Well regardless that’s good!

They listed it as a bug that was fixed in the notices.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yay I got E1 Sushang now she's even betterrrrr

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

m.hache posted:

Honestly I don't see me getting 15 stars from MoC.

I don't think it has to be all at once, I only have 6/15 for the bp reward even though I have 12/30 overall. presumably it's because I was at 6/30 and started going for more

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

frajaq posted:

are the Path of Abundance people the loving Zerg/Tyranids of this setting??

I look forward to meeting these friendly and nice people.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
You can meet them in SU already! They'll loving eat you but you'll get a nice power boost until you're dead!!!!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The databank describes the Propagation as a creature that saw no purpose to life other than to create more of itself, and after being elevated to an Aeon just started creating a billion clones of itself that went around eating worlds to create more of themselves, etc etc, until the original was killed by the Hunt. So the Swarm still exists but no longer has an Aeon behind them so they're less of a threat. Supposedly they were the first galactic threat before the Destruction appeared and created the Antimatter Legion.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Clarste posted:

The databank describes the Propagation as a creature that saw no purpose to life other than to create more of itself, and after being elevated to an Aeon just started creating a billion clones of itself that went around eating worlds to create more of themselves, etc etc, until the original was killed by the Hunt. So the Swarm still exists but no longer has an Aeon behind them so they're less of a threat. Supposedly they were the first galactic threat before the Destruction appeared and created the Antimatter Legion.

The On The Fall of an Aeon light cone also has some really evocative writing about this.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This museum event is really neat. The management part is fun, I love looking at al the exhibits and the lore dumps, and some of the guide recruitments have uncovered more knowledge about the characters (like Natasha’s).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm kind of wondering how they will handle these sorts of events going forward, since presumably the event needs to be accessible to new players, but they can't all be on Herta Space Station and Bellabog forever, can they? Even ignoring the Luofu, will they ever feel comfortable adding events to the 4th planet or beyond, even knowing that it takes real-world weeks to get enough Trailblazer level to get that far?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Genshin had events on Inazuma and I assume the place after that, and you couldn't just walk to those either.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Finally got an energy regen rope for Silver Wolf and holy poo poo that makes a difference.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Clarste posted:

I'm kind of wondering how they will handle these sorts of events going forward, since presumably the event needs to be accessible to new players, but they can't all be on Herta Space Station and Bellabog forever, can they? Even ignoring the Luofu, will they ever feel comfortable adding events to the 4th planet or beyond, even knowing that it takes real-world weeks to get enough Trailblazer level to get that far?

I mean they seem to be dividing them into Permanent/Limited aspects so new players not being able to reach them while they are current is less of an issue, you just don't get all the rewards if you do them outside the window.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Genshin had events on Inazuma and I assume the place after that, and you couldn't just walk to those either.

You could definitely just walk to Sumeru without doing the quests. Inazuma was an exception that it felt to me like they regretted a little.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh ok, I quit shortly after Inazuma launched, didn't know you could just got to Sumaru whenever you wanted.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Finally got an energy regen rope for Silver Wolf and holy poo poo that makes a difference.

According to theorycrafters I've seen, she only needs the 5% regen from the 2 piece set to get her ult back a turn earlier, so anything above that is wasted.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Clarste posted:

According to theorycrafters I've seen, she only needs the 5% regen from the 2 piece set to get her ult back a turn earlier, so anything above that is wasted.

Are you not using the effect-hit-rate set instead?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Is that Sprightly Vonwaq? I haven't found any good pieces of that to use, so I'm using Pan-Galactic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Jabor posted:

Are you not using the effect-hit-rate set instead?

She doesn't really need that much extra effect hit if you're using her event LC. Although I suppose sacrificing a rope for excessive energy regen might be better than sacrificing a chest for excessive effect hit?

Edit: The effect hit set is only 10% so it doesn't really change the chest consideration, but the bonus atk it gives you at hit effect soft cap is less than the attack you lose for wearing an energy rope.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 11, 2023

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I've made terrible, terrible mistakes.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Clarste posted:

i think putting TR walls makes sense, didn't even the ring matches event was like TR20 or something?
for this one, it can be like "Unlocks after clearing '_____' story event

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If anyone wants to play with Welt while grinding, I've got him listed. He's only level 55 at the moment so he's a work in progress. Here's the code: 604322572

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walla posted:

If anyone wants to play with Welt while grinding, I've got him listed. He's only level 55 at the moment so he's a work in progress. Here's the code: 604322572
FYI, there's a goon friend code sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nl-BKKPVO0BkBIi__H6wOISoQFJhULMSuSKPyZg7fSA/edit#gid=0

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Is that Sprightly Vonwaq? I haven't found any good pieces of that to use, so I'm using Pan-Galactic.

I got lucky and got the quantum main stat one when 1st clearing the simulations so I farmed for the attack mainstat rope

I think pan galactic is fine if you are e1 or have the energy regen rope. I farmed that one before SW released with no avail. It's rough relic set to farm cause how poo poo the other half of the SU relic are.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Knew instantly Wolfie was voiced by Melissa Fahn

I'm glad she's still in the biz so to speak

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, Pela's skill can dispel the buff that makes Mara-Struck Soldiers rez themselves when they die. That's pretty neat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

Knew instantly Wolfie was voiced by Melissa Fahn

I'm glad she's still in the biz so to speak

Time for a bug~

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

TBH I don't like her voice very much at all. I'd switch to Japanese but then they'd start using the Japanese names of all the Chinese characters and I know I'd go insane.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

TBH I don't like her voice very much at all. I'd switch to Japanese but then they'd start using the Japanese names of all the Chinese characters and I know I'd go insane.
I don't know what you're talking about. I get along great with my good friends Tankou, Seijaku, Sushou and Teiun.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
And everyone's favourite, Mitsuki Nanoka.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I like that in the KR script March 7th is just "March 7th" in English, no localisation. I asked a Korean goon about it and apparently March 7th rendered out in Korean proper sounds too much like an illiterate peasant name? Or a dog name, apparently.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Funnily enough the opposite will most likely happen once we hit Space Japan. Not that it'll change what Chinese players will actually say.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is there a Space Japan? I don't recall that being hinted at. Maybe Ruan Mei?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

They still need to add in expies of Mei and Yae, which necessitate a Space Japan.

Also cmon they're weebs there's going to be a Space Japan.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sirin please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Sirin please.

This. Kiana too.