Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
First of all make sure you spell the city right, I hear location is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Zwille share your one weird trick for getting a house

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

You’ll need timing, a malpractice suit, competent parents and an airport. I’m not sure these are a given here.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I’m not sure I understand. It it hard to get a house if you’re not looking for anything near a large city? I’m not familiar with the housing market so I’m sorry if it’s a dumb question.

I will say we have been looking for 2 years to find something we loved. But it’s a big move from the US so it needed to fit our specific needs.

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016
-

Magic City Monday fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 12, 2023

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I’m not sure I understand. It it hard to get a house if you’re not looking for anything near a large city? I’m not familiar with the housing market so I’m sorry if it’s a dumb question.

I will say we have been looking for 2 years to find something we loved. But it’s a big move from the US so it needed to fit our specific needs.

all kidding aside while people ITT are busy greasing their thermidors

We've been speaking with a mortgage broker and have found banks willing to give us a loan, but I'm not sure how some of the documents the broker is asking for like the declaration of division or land register extract (Grundbuchauszug)

Feel like a sentence is missing here. All I can say based on this is that you’ll probably need a Notar, expect around 0.5-1 grand for the Termin and that you might have to wait a couple weeks for the grundbucheintrag to take hold

quote:

Also, would a Gutachter also consider things like the new furnace regulations that just passed and whether the roof needs more insulation to meet code? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure we understand the whole process.

I’m pretty sure they should know all that and would tell you if they didn’t. Just ask, do you cover such and auch. And re: insulation and regulations, might depend on the region but I’m kind of sure nobody ever checks that so i wouldn’t worry too much about that but it’s good to check and ggf. conform.

A Notar should be able to guide you through the process, or the seller. I don’t think it’s rocket science apart from checking the house. Also have the cellar checked for mold because someone in the neighborhood bought a house without checking the cellar thoroughly and they’ve been renovating since 5 years or so lol, at least that’s what people gossip.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

How easy it is to find something depends a lot on what region you're looking in and what kind of house you're looking for. You'll pay about 6-10% of the house price for various taxes and fees. To get things done correctly, probably best to buy through a Makler. That person should take care of getting all the necessary documents and Notartermine.

You don't get the loan until you actually have a specific house in mind, at which point you should also have the documents. You will need to get a Finanzierungszusage before that, which is just letter where the bank says "generally speaking, we're willing to finance this guy 500TEUR to buy a house in (city)". You might need to send in documents to get that too, but the address and Exposé (what the seller sends you) of a house you're interested in should be enough.

Re: energy stuff, you're supposed to get a Energieausweis from the seller which tells you how much energy the house uses and how it complies with regulations. It does factor into the price.

Most people can't buy a house in Germany because prices are astronomical and interest on loans is also high compared to the last 10-20 years. So most of us don't have any experience with house buying, and the subject can be a bit sensitive lol

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Literally put all land owners on spikes is my position, FWIW.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Start with the landlords, then one can move onto the landowners.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
*blinzelt nach New York*
wie wo wann brennt das denn bei uns?

https://www.wettergefahren.de/warnungen/indizes/grasland.html
https://www.wettergefahren.de/warnungen/indizes/waldbrand.html

lol

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Makäfer flieg
Der Vater ist im Krieg
Die Mutter ist im Pommerland
Und Pommerland ist abgebrannt

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Teltow/Jüterbog is already on fire for a couple days. No Wohngebiete affected yet, says Feuerwehr. I'm frankly surprised we didnt have a really major fire yet, cant remember the last time it even loving rained. March? April?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

They're attempting Streetview in Germany again

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Why wouldn't they? People didn't lose their collective minds when Apple launched their take on Streetview a year or two ago.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Lord Stimperor posted:

Oh good.

The public reaction last time was beyond stupid.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I gotta say, Streetview is really handy for me right now as I'm apartment hunting. Just being able to check the general vibe of the area really quick is very useful. Plus there was one pretty egregious case where the map put up by the realtors claimed the house would be nice and deep in a quiet side street, when looking it up on streetview revealed that it actually was directly at a busy crossroads. Even if half the buildings are blurred all to gently caress :allears:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Hot tip, use Apple Maps, their street view is much better and only has faces blurred, it’s great lol

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The only apple map ill use is https://mundraub.org/map

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tarquinn posted:

Oh good.

The public reaction last time was beyond stupid.

What let me guess some DATENSCHUTZ thing?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Iirc people actively forbade Google Maps from showing their house, it was like an opt out option and was widely used. But yeah, main argument Datenschutz and I’m 99% sure most of these people believed this meant live cams or some poo poo like that

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I mean, the general public attitude to putting pictures online has completely changed since 2009 or whenever it was. People at the time were all aflutter about the privacy settings on Facebook or whatever, now everyone's just uploading HD video of their face and home to sketchy Chinese websites without a care in the world.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I’ve just checked street view again and while it’s wildly out of date (like 10 years minimum) there’s barely any blur to be found, did some statue of limitations run out or something?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Zwille posted:

Iirc people actively forbade Google Maps from showing their house, it was like an opt out option and was widely used. But yeah, main argument Datenschutz and I’m 99% sure most of these people believed this meant live cams or some poo poo like that

Yeah, this.

Even my partner at that time, a very smart person with two degrees, thought it was a live cam of some sort.

People thought that pedophiles and burglars would scout out their properties online before striking in real life. It was fear mongering of the Fox News kind.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Google was collecting more than just photos, going on Privatwege, wardriving, and generally abusing the commons. It's fine to tell a megacorp to gently caress off.

Google would have probably been fine if they just took some photos and made a bit of an effort to not look like a faceless megacorp invading people's privacy for profit.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

pidan posted:

I mean, the general public attitude to putting pictures online has completely changed since 2009 or whenever it was. People at the time were all aflutter about the privacy settings on Facebook or whatever, now everyone's just uploading HD video of their face and home to sketchy Chinese websites without a care in the world.

Really? I feel like it's kind of the opposite in that people were uploading pictures of other people without a single care in the world while nowadays people get a bit more mad about that. Though I might be thinking of a slightly earlier era.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The Facebook/StudiVZ era where everyone just blasted all their Fotos in the stratosphere in big 50+ picture folders of whatever party was mind boggling in retrospect

Meanwhile Instagram is almost dead, you’ll be hard pressed to find actual photos by people living their life and on BeReal even people you know IRL go „sorry bud i only keep close people on here“ when you attempt to add them

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

genericnick posted:

Really? I feel like it's kind of the opposite in that people were uploading pictures of other people without a single care in the world while nowadays people get a bit more mad about that. Though I might be thinking of a slightly earlier era.

Same. In the Facebook heydays everybody uploaded pictures of private events, faces were tagged and photos had location info. Nowadays it’s much harder to stalk people since everybody updated their privacy settings or abandoned Facebook / Instagram entirely. All the private stuff moved to WhatsApp and Google/iCloud Photo Sharing.

The places where Germans are still lenient with their privacy are Xing and LinkedIn.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Google was collecting more than just photos, going on Privatwege, wardriving, and generally abusing the commons. It's fine to tell a megacorp to gently caress off.

Google would have probably been fine if they just took some photos and made a bit of an effort to not look like a faceless megacorp invading people's privacy for profit.

Yeah IIRC they recorded Wifi SSIDs and the like, I guess it was also a kind of kneejerk anti-corporate reaction - which is rather fine IMHO :v:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
From the comments I remember reading on sites like SPON, there really wasn't a "we gotta stick it to the Google" spirit going on.
But I might be misremembering,

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, as someone big on Datenschutz: feel free to photograph my house and hood, but if that photo is then suddenly "fully owned" by an rear end in a top hat megacorp and linked to peoples private information for "value extraction", gently caress off.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I believe the public mood shifted very fast from "if they have to" to "get the gently caress out" when this came up:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2010/may/15/google-admits-storing-private-data

quote:

Google has been accidentally gathering extracts of personal web activity from domestic wifi networks through the Street View cars it has used since 2007, it said last night.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

No one who was protesting Google at the time (excluding one or two IT nerds per million) even knew what SSID meant. They believed that they.were being put under surveillance by an illustrated street atlas. I remember the head of.the police Union going on about how soon the police can just patrol the streets on Google

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Btw were waiting for almost half a year now for the Amtsgericht to process our fathers death. Were informed that there is no way to know when they will get to it, to not call, and no they do not use email and will delete all electronic correspondence unseen

So we're still stuck not being able to move his car and having to pay the landlord for the garage

At least his Krankenversicherung has by now understood that they do not have to assess Pflegestufe anymore. (They first noticed his case when he was already dead. Apparently if an employee goes on a vacation or is sick for a couple of months their cases not reassigned but simply put on a pile)

Funktionierendes land

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Btw were waiting for almost half a year now for the Amtsgericht to process our fathers death. Were informed that there is no way to know when they will get to it, to not call, and no they do not use email and will delete all electronic correspondence unseen

So we're still stuck not being able to move his car and having to pay the landlord for the garage

At least his Krankenversicherung has by now understood that they do not have to assess Pflegestufe anymore. (They first noticed his case when he was already dead. Apparently if an employee goes on a vacation or is sick for a couple of months their cases not reassigned but simply put on a pile)

Funktionierendes land

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, can confirm it just takes that long. If all possible heirs agree about what should be done with the car you can probably just do it, not like anyone is going to complain.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I recall when I told myself "man, I wish Scholz would hau auf die Kacke" instead of just being the personification of :geno:
Now, he haued on the Kacke, and I'm like...mildly uncomfortable with his, uh, delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CDWs5cUU4

Am I crazy here, or does his his rhetoric/oratory kinda - and I want to put this very carefully - resemblant of...someone else's oratory? :tinfoil:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

You are crazy.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I recall when I told myself "man, I wish Scholz would hau auf die Kacke" instead of just being the personification of :geno:
Now, he haued on the Kacke, and I'm like...mildly uncomfortable with his, uh, delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CDWs5cUU4

Am I crazy here, or does his his rhetoric/oratory kinda - and I want to put this very carefully - resemblant of...someone else's oratory? :tinfoil:

It's you.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:rolleyes:

Its not as if this was a planned performance. I liked the way he clung to the microphone. He is really not used to doing things like this :laugh:

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Lol, lmao even. Tell me you haven't been to a slightly more passionate political Kundgebung, without ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012