Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

smackfu posted:

Think you can think “there should be no deaths in motorsport” at the same time as “you shouldn’t show deaths in motorsport when they do happen.”

Like, they are both upsetting things.

The repeated showing of people mangling limbs like others have mentioned kind of runs contrary to your thesis tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

OTOH, We have pretty good doctors, they can fix up most gruesome injuries with only a scar left behind. The mental damage to the people who see it is much harder to heal. That’s why we have a :nms: tag.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

smackfu posted:

OTOH, We have pretty good doctors, they can fix up most gruesome injuries with only a scar left behind. The mental damage to the people who see it is much harder to heal. That’s why we have a :nms: tag.

On the other mangled limb, bringing up the mental trauma of the willing spectators in the same sentence as hand waving away the individual who experiences a gruesome injury is a loving wild take.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Won't someone think of the fat TV watchers who have to think about the person going through actual pain????? 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If your reaction to watching someone die is "I shouldn't have had to watch that" your priorities are kinda hosed tbh and it reeks of a certain level of privilege

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Charles Leclerc posted:

On the other mangled limb, bringing up the mental trauma of the willing spectators in the same sentence as hand waving away the individual who experiences a gruesome injury is a loving wild take.

Agreed it's nothing compared to the mental trauma of not finishing a ski run

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

Lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

:eyepop:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

:drat:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh this conversation is going places tonight

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

FFS I leave you guys alone for 24 hours and you devolve into this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Kirios posted:

FFS I leave you guys alone for 24 hours and you devolve into this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lmao the thread is heating up for some good ones.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

Won't someone think of the fat TV watchers who have to think about the person going through actual pain????? 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

That’s not the point being made, though. Simply that broadcasters shouldn’t show repeat replays until they know the driver is safe.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

No I fully understand that was the point. And my point is that being concerned about that when somebody actually died or got injured and then forcing some poor soul to have to watch and edit that poo poo out for a living so your delicate mental state isn't disturbed is bordering on sociopathy.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
k

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

Lmao the thread is heating up for some good ones.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These AI image generation things are getting good. that really looks like a human chicken McNugget

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

These AI image generation things are getting good. that really looks like a human chicken McNugget
turn your monitor on

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

tony quidtana posted:

No I fully understand that was the point. And my point is that being concerned about that when somebody actually died or got injured and then forcing some poor soul to have to watch and edit that poo poo out for a living so your delicate mental state isn't disturbed is bordering on sociopathy.

I expect that the convention of not showing accident footage until we can be reasonably sure that nobody was seriously harmed has as much to do with advertisers as anything. I think advertisers would not want to be associated with a broadcast that openly exploited the footage of pointless human deaths for views.

I also think averting your eyes from something horrible happening to somebody is pretty normal and not sociopathy? I think it's perfectly possible to be concerned with a driver's safety without being asked to watch them die/almost die.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just fyi u guys are arguing with a guy trolling u on purpose lol

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I just finished Season 2. Gasly getting second and his team being so happy for him was :3:

I don't know if he's still in F1 or not (I"m avoiding spoilers aka news lol) but he seems like a really good kid.

Also, the episode about the Williams team was depressing. Onward to the Covid season!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

that's a terrible thing to say about jos verstappen

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

that's a terrible thing to say about jos verstappen

Jos looks more like a weisswurst that is 3 weeks past its expiration date

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Raceweek

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A favourite in the Verstappen house

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Bloody love Rawe Ceek.

Hope all the Canadians are OK with the wildfires :(

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait to see who comes second and third this week!!!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I think it's good Gio was vindicated and I hope Kimi congratulated him in some insane Kimi way.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

refleks posted:

I think it's good Gio was vindicated and I hope Kimi congratulated him in some insane Kimi way.

Italian Jesus has risen!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Rawe ceek

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Aphex- posted:

Can't wait to see who comes second and third this week!!!

Alonso and Hamilton, op

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lusty Grundles posted:

Bloody love Rawe Ceek.

Hope all the Canadians are OK with the wildfires :(
What about the people who have to see them on TV?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

Alonso and Hamilton, op

perfect

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks Ants posted:

A favourite in the Verstappen house

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Khablam posted:

What about the people who have to see them on TV?
Probably just blame Latifi, honestly.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ArmZ posted:

Italian Jesus has risen!

He’s not looking like Jesus anymore, just an average dude. Better, if you ask me.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Hey, it is race week.

Lap Record: 1:13.078 V. Bottas (2019)
2022 Pole: M. Verstappen

Your race weekend:

Let's take a look at the circuit:

Current Driver and Constructor standings:

2022 Race Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQCRKXiRpo

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006