Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Pretty sure Chernobyl is Ukraine's Chernobyl.

Also, the war is probably worse than both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Murgos posted:

Pretty sure Chernobyl is Ukraine's Chernobyl.
:thejoke:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Journalist have a lot of hate for editors who spend their days thinking up the stupidest headlines they can to put on stories.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A large chernobyl the size of a small chernobyl

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Chernobyl was Ukraine's Nova Kakhovka dam break

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

dr_rat posted:

Journalist have a lot of hate for editors who spend their days thinking up the stupidest headlines they can to put on stories.
Nobody would read the story if you didn't imply the author is a massive idiot, so it's really lose/lose

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ruffian Price posted:

Nobody would read the story if you didn't imply the author is a massive idiot, so it's really lose/lose

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/xRdG8In.mp4

Mark Levin is not looking well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you cross the Rubicon twice, doesn't that count as a mulligan?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gyges posted:

If you cross the Rubicon twice, doesn't that count as a mulligan?

It consuls out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can see where the racism spread and remains to this day. Well, maybe not SE NM.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/notabigjerk/status/1668616542978703360?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

"logical-reasoning bell curve" :wow:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/naomifeinstein/status/1668597565066027009

Oooh. OK. Great reference bro. So that would make you the murderous adolescent then?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

These "blacks", they just love TRUMP!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'd wear that shirt. (Not in the US.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
gods 2: the new batch

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

zoux posted:

Oooh. OK. Great reference bro. So that would make you the murderous adolescent then?

wouldn't the a conch shell be more appropriate?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's been like 20 years but I think Lord of the Flies was supposed to be, like, not something you should copy??

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

cat botherer posted:

These "blacks", they just love TRUMP!

their last name is Black.

maybe, they might be friends of the Black family.

also i love how during the Obama years they said non regressives were celeb worshippers.

oh and donners constantly buying new merch for da latest outrage.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 14, 2023

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

zoux posted:

:hmmno:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's been like 20 years but I think Lord of the Flies was supposed to be, like, not something you should copy??

Yeah it's mostly about how a bunch of privileged upper class white kids are awful and would descend into brutality the moment things get hard.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its also a food crime because the head could have been cooked.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1668702469205966848?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Joke works better if it's Tiffany

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
or Eric

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah it's mostly about how a bunch of privileged upper class white kids are awful and would descend into brutality the moment things get hard.

Close. It's British public school kids lmao. At least that was my revelation recently

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Milo and POTUS posted:

Close. It's British public school kids lmao. At least that was my revelation recently

British public school kids = privileged upper class white kids

"Public" school is a misleading term in the UK. It generally means a school anyone can go to if they're rich enough, but here's Wikipedia on it if you want to get into the weeds.

quote:

In England and Wales, a public school is a type of fee-charging private school originally for older boys. They are "public" in the sense of being open to pupils irrespective of locality, denomination or paternal trade or profession.

In Scotland, a public school is synonymous with a state school in England and Wales. Fee-charging schools are typically referred to as private or independent schools.

Although the term "public school" has been in use since at least the 18th century, its usage was formalised by the Public Schools Act 1868, which put into law most recommendations of the 1864 Clarendon Report. Nine prestigious schools were investigated by Clarendon (including two day schools Merchant Taylors' and St Paul's) and seven subsequently reformed by the Act: Eton, Shrewsbury, Harrow, Winchester, Rugby, Westminster, and Charterhouse.

Public schools are associated with the ruling class. Historically, public schools provided many of the military officers and administrators of the British Empire. In 2019, two-thirds of cabinet ministers of the United Kingdom had been educated at such fee-charging schools.

Gort fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 14, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It was a work of fiction written by a depressive alcoholic with an abusive childhood. Whenever it has happened in reality regardless of the race and class of the those involved, it never goes as poorly as his image of humanity.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's a parody, innit. Golding read The Coral Island and went "lmao like hell would that happen irl", even borrowed the character names to base his corrupted versions on

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A parody in the Rick and Morty school of "what if everyone was an abusive drunk rear end in a top hat like I am, wouldn't that be edgy huh?"

Which makes it all the more amusing that it's even further away from actual observed reality than the Robinsonades it was trying to roll its eyes at.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

The British use of “public school” makes me inordinately annoyed at how backwards the definition is.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

madmatt112 posted:

The British

you repeat yourself

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
in scotland it's the other way round, so you can't even say it's a british thing

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

zoux posted:

You can see where the racism spread and remains to this day. Well, maybe not SE NM.

I think it's a little misleading to think of this as a map of racism. We have our own racism in the north without help from former confederates.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
My take was not that "people are inevitably barbaric" but that it was a specific class commentary.

Like normal people would probably not be awful, but rich people definitely would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

yeah what's your point?