Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

KakerMix posted:

It is always, always a dumb rear end and never intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668346557182115840

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hooray, but quit fuckin around and send the drat ATACMs.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Dandywalken posted:

Chernobog!?!?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Runa posted:

the brexit blockage of sex arses has had unforeseeable knock on effects

I think you meant knock up.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668358041681424385?s=20

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/olga_pp98/status/1668367563057659904?s=20

Big air attack incoming.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 12, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Those pesky civi hospitals must be denazified for the tankies

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kherson Mother posted:

It's sickening. We lost everything. My children have a breakdown. My children and I have been creating 'our paradise' for years, which had EVERYTHING!!! We could not save it in time as we rushed to save animals and elderly neighbors: from a Kherson survivor."

Putin is a tremendously awful piece of poo poo.

In other news, as a result of a Ukrainian missile attack, the Russian Chief of Staff of the 35th Combined Arms Army, Major General Sergey Goryachev, was liquidated

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1668369362422493190?s=20

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

They took out a major general? God drat

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

They took out a major general? God drat

*another major general

The Ukrainians have killed six so far (though to be fair, three of those are claimed but not proven, and the other three are verified. It's highly likely at least one of the claimed unproven kills is real as well but nobody can verify whether Mityaev was actually killed, though no one has seem him since 15 March 2022...)

Western intelligence estimates Russia has sent 20 major-generals deployed to Ukraine, so a loss of 6 would be a 30% loss rate of your senior-most officers in-theatre. Not great!

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 12, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/LoWKQLA.mp4

I don't have any context for this but I'm just going to assume that the stolen raccoon has been recovered.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I thought animals are supposed to have Z carved into their skulls like the good old days last year. You don't rescue them.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Is that trash panda high, I've never seen a raccoon that chill and affectionate before.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mulva posted:

Is that trash panda high, I've never seen a raccoon that chill and affectionate before.

domesticated raccoons are very cat-like actually. Getting them and raising them domesticated is another issue entirely.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's no such thing as a domesticated raccoon, there are tamed raccoons and even while being very cute greatly surpass cats in being giant loving assholes who try to get into everything and have fingers to actually do it.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
People joke that cats are like furry toddlers but raccoons are REALLY like furry toddlers. Nothing is safe from a bored or curious raccoon

Also, the thing about the dead Russian generals - it should be noted that unlike western militaries, a Major General in the Russian army is the LOWEST ranked general, equivalent to a 1 star. Lieutenant Generals are equivalent to 2 stars. However it doesn't really matter WHAT level of general it is because you shouldn't be loving losing generals in combat to start with, and if you have things have gone russian on you.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe he was on the front line improving morale. Throwing out candy bars and grenades to the troops.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
paper towels

to mimic most valuable american clown asset

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Drone_Fragger posted:

I heard ukraine is invading vladivostok next week. This is from the top brass, they left the invasion plans at a bus stop and i read them. Anyway, russia should immiediately redeploy 90% of its forces there to prevent the perfidious ukrainian backstab attack on brave vladivostok.
Retaking Green Ukraine for the win.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Also, the thing about the dead Russian generals - it should be noted that unlike western militaries, a Major General in the Russian army is the LOWEST ranked general, equivalent to a 1 star. Lieutenant Generals are equivalent to 2 stars. However it doesn't really matter WHAT level of general it is because you shouldn't be loving losing generals in combat to start with, and if you have things have gone russian on you.

Major General is lower rank than Liutenant General in pretty much every army, even though the amount of stars varies. That is because the original rank used to be Sergeant Major General, which is obviously lower than Liutenant General. The Sergeant part has just been shortened out from the name.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bad_fmr posted:

Major General is lower rank than Liutenant General in pretty much every army, even though the amount of stars varies. That is because the original rank used to be Sergeant Major General, which is obviously lower than Liutenant General. The Sergeant part has just been shortened out from the name.

What's the rank above Captain-General called then?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Hooray, but quit fuckin around and send the drat ATACMs.

I suspect the U.S. doen't want to send them for two reasons: 1) they're clearing out old stocks if the lesser stuff and keeping the top shelf goods for ~reasons~ and 2) they don't want ATACMS out in the open for other nations to observe/scavenge if the other stuff is "good enough".

Karma Comedian posted:

Hmu if y'all want cspam gifted avs blanked

IIRC the previous thread had the ruling of "if it's not some coded tankie hate speech or something equally egregious, it can stand" because the :decorum: sanctity of redtext avs must be preserved :decorum:

It's one thing to take a dick off a BwBD, quite another to give someone sonnenrads or wolfsangels.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

yeah that bird dick is sacred.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

bad_fmr posted:

Be My Little General, in the US Army. Brigadier, Major, Lieutenant, General.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mistle posted:

I suspect the U.S. doen't want to send them for two reasons: 1) they're clearing out old stocks if the lesser stuff and keeping the top shelf goods for ~reasons~ and 2) they don't want ATACMS out in the open for other nations to observe/scavenge if the other stuff is "good enough".

3. They're all in places where it will be easy to deploy them in defense of Taiwan. The Pentagon has been pretty open that they don't think they have enough, and they expect that if they ever need any, they will need a lot of them all at once.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

bad_fmr posted:

Well drat, I learned something today. Thanks for the info. I consider any day where I don't learn something new to be wasted and you snuck this one in at 11:13 pm in the best coast time zone so hats off to you, goon

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1668501559032918020
gently caress Russia. The drones hit infrastructure facilities in Kharkiv and missiles hit an apartment building in Krivyi Rih. There are dead and many wounded.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: one of the top Google searches for Ukraine Russia is "how many Leopard tanks did Russia destroy"

Are people really this loving stupid and think if you destroy some tanks in war you are winning? What in the actual gently caress

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Are people really this loving stupid and think if you destroy some tanks in war you are winning? What in the actual gently caress

Hearts of Iron brain, make way for Command and Conquer brain

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: one of the top Google searches for Ukraine Russia is "how many Leopard tanks did Russia destroy"

The most charitable explanation is that they have vaguely heard about Russia inflating the Leopard kill numbers and wonder what the deal is.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

The same people will, without a shred of irony, when quizzed on the general that got done for recently, will probably go "xaxaxaxa there are 1000 more where he came from, or we can just promote more colonels"

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

What's the rank above Captain-General called then?

There isn’t a rank above Captain General. Sometimes it is translated as Marshall.

But if you think about it literally, captain general means that you are the captain of all things ie in charge of everything.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I am the very model of a Russian Major General,
I was hit by a missile and I am unidentifiable,
Some limbs are in Kharkiv and some in Melitopol.,
I am the very model of a Russian Major General.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

quote:

He is the very model of a Russian Major General....
____________/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mllaneza posted:

3. They're all in places where it will be easy to deploy them in defense of Taiwan. The Pentagon has been pretty open that they don't think they have enough, and they expect that if they ever need any, they will need a lot of them all at once.
I still think it's just an excuse. Recall that form a long time they were saying that Ukraine actually doesn't need long-range strike capabilities lol.
  • ATACMS is 30 year old stuff that's being replaced right now with PRsM
  • They're shooting them at nothing as a show of force in Korea
  • Its not an anti-ship missile so wouldn't be particular useful for Taiwan
  • The US has the Air Force, Navy and Marines aviation to blow poo poo up
  • If the supplies are tight, surely they could find, I dunno, a dozen out of 3,500 that had been built? Even that would be useful to take out a bridge or some high-value target.

IMO they're either still somehow worried about "escalation" or concerned that they'd just get shot down and not be effective.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

TulliusCicero posted:

Your average person is not sitting on Twitter and forum threads all day reading about all of this information in general, so yeah, some of them are likely uninformed. That doesn't make them "loving stupid", yikes. Get over yourself. It's okay for people to ask questions and learn poo poo.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668392412232790016
:dafuq:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
According to WSJ, US intends to provide UA with depleted uranium tank shells (like UK did in the past)

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1668556174919073792

obligatory
https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1668556602926940160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1668329647841632258