Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dick Fontaine posted:

I got real high and discovered those boba bar things had appeared in my freezer. Divine. PBUC

Boba bars had the star of death at my Co this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Propaganda Hour posted:

Boba bars had the star of death at my Co this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

Sound bars suck rear end. Even a pair of cheapo computer speakers will sound better imo
We bought a Sonos sound bar for our bedroom after concluding there’s literally no space for speakers. Doesn’t at all compete with my living room’s tower speakers and SVS sub. But it’s way better than the TV itself and honestly impressive in its own right. Massive QoL improvement for late night TV and changed my perspective on soundbars altogether. I think soundbars are perfectly adequate for a lot of people.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i tried 3 of them before I just got a pair of logitechs :shrug:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PokeJoe posted:

Sound bars suck rear end. Even a pair of cheapo computer speakers will sound better imo

No.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sonos also has some nice EQ modes that boost speech and normalize audio levels so you can hear people talking without rattling your windows when the action starts.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Does anyone have any experience with the Body Glove X2 paddle board Costco sells? I'm looking to pick up a new one, and it has lots of features I like, but if anyone has bought one I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

I have had horrible issues with video latency on many brands of expensive sound bars and finally gave up and set up a proper system with a receiver. I’m convinced there is no such thing as a good sound bar and people who like them are unable to notice lips and voices being a full second apart.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Tiny Timbs posted:

I have had horrible issues with video latency on many brands of expensive sound bars and finally gave up and set up a proper system with a receiver. I’m convinced there is no such thing as a good sound bar and people who like them are unable to notice lips and voices being a full second apart.

:dafuq:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My sound bar works ok

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've had really good experiences with soundbars. I do have a full proper 5.1 surround system in the upstairs game room, but I almost never use it. I've got a dolby atmos compatible soundbar (only 3.1 though) in our main living room and it's good enough I don't often bother going upstairs to watch a movie.

I have more problems with my Roku Ultra dropping things down to stereo than I do with anything else.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
smh all of you guys wasting money on expensive soundbars when it's trivial to just make your own artisan ones at home

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My local costco group is erupting with some rancor because some rear end in a top hat allowed their dog to take a shot in the produce section and just walked off. Sneaking your dog in as a service dog is bad, not even bothering to clean up after them is some kind of wild.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol just use dell computer speakers

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Vegetable posted:

My local costco group is erupting with some rancor because some rear end in a top hat allowed their dog to take a shot in the produce section and just walked off. Sneaking your dog in as a service dog is bad, not even bothering to clean up after them is some kind of wild.

jesus, was the dog on heroin or meth?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PokeJoe posted:

soundbar w/ sub isnt that bad at all, i don't have room for a full setup with my living room so the soundbar works

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just got one of the lightweight Tektron hoses that are like $50 and I gotta say, it's totally 100% worth the extra $12 if you have a more compact yard. If you have a huge yard, those cheap hoses would be fine but they do not break it well at all and stay stiff af. But are still like $10+ cheaper than a comparable so its still a good deal lol

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Alucard posted:

Free shipping is a bit of a misnomer, shipping is just built into the online price. I've yet to see much, especially heavier stuff, that's the same price online as when you go in store.

2 years ago I went to the nearest costco bc my mom was coming to visit our new home and we needed a bed. So I bought the queen sized mattress + box spring in person. I tied it to the roof of my prius, solo, and drove home on some minorly hilly roads. First, multiple dads stopped by me tying it down and made comments like "don't forget to tie it down in the front" while failing to notice it already tied down in the front. Then the drive home was messy because the bed would sometimes lurch forward on hard stops.

When we replaced our ikea mattress last year, I just ordered the new mattress online. Two guys delivered it and set it up. They also then left a bunch of trash in my yard and bedroom, and spit gum onto the carpeted bedroom floor. I contacted Costco customer service and reported it all and got a $100 credit. This past winter we combo'd some really goofy refrigerator deal where if you got a specific LG fridge, they included a dormroom/breakroom fridge for free, and you could also get $300 off the price if you included a $50 tiny fridge. Those were all delivered fine with zero headaches.

I guess my point is, there's pros and cons to both, but the convenience of delivery for large items should not be discounted.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tiny Timbs posted:

Well my cheap Vizio is optical and a lot of sound bars have offsets that you can adjust solely for that purpose!

Also my cable remote works on both my TV (vizio as well) and sound bar at the same time. My friend has like 4 remotes for I don't know what the gently caress for.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I just turn subtitles on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well my cheap Vizio is optical and a lot of sound bars have offsets that you can adjust solely for that purpose!

Also my cable remote works on both my TV (vizio as well) and sound bar at the same time. My friend has like 4 remotes for I don't know what the gently caress for.

most soundbar offsets only work one way, they'll delay audio but can't make it come earlier

i ran into the issue mainly using eARC for stuff that's getting fed to the sound bar by the TV. plugging devices directly into the sound bar will also fix the issue but they don't tend to have many inputs

the biggest problem i had with my $800 costco soundbar was it constantly losing its wireless connection to the subwoofer that was 3 feet away

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 13, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The worst part about sound bars is the fuckin lack of HDMI ports.

I used to have a proper setup and having the extra hdmi ports was awesome

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Anyone recommend eyeglasses from Costco? If I have my perscription can I just use it there?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

err posted:

Anyone recommend eyeglasses from Costco? If I have my perscription can I just use it there?

Yes you can so long as it isn't out of date. That varies from state to state (mine is one year).

Good selection of frames and the prices are reasonable. They accept a few insurances including mine :smugdog:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I won my sound bar in a raffle and I didn't think I needed it but I love it. No latency issues or I'm numb, and it is controlled by the TV though eARC. Once I had it I understood why they were popular. They just work for most people. The subwoofer works very well in my room and I haven't upgraded in the decade or so that I've owned it purely because I would want to upgrade and that is more than I want to pay.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Sound bars have a pretty big limitation with room sizes, as soon as your room is big or lacks walls it's gonna sound like a single speaker.

That said it's always an improvement over a flat panel's rear facing speakers, especially for a tv that isn't up against a wall. Since the sound bar will point towards you it will sound better than bouncing the tv sound off the wall.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

err posted:

I go to the optometrist in the costco and then go get glasses and contacts. The whole setup is nice. Pretty good selection of frames and contacts. Some good lens options, too, if that's your jam.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I got the $100 Ninja blender at Costco thinking it's going to suck because Shark vacuums which are from the same company have a really bad rep.

But, the design at least turned out to be fantastic; it has three rows of blades on a spindle, and the lid locks in place. So you can chuck in some Kirkland frozen 3-berry mix and bananas or whatever, hit the "Smoothie IQ" button and it figures out from the motor resistance when it's done. Pour those out then you can just just put some water in the blender and shake it to clean.

I still have my reservations about the longetivity, and it seems like the rod that slots into the lid to stabilize has no bearings, it is just steel rubbing against plastic. But so far it's a great upgrade from the $20 Hamilton Beach special.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes. A $200 sounbbar is far better than a TV sound.

The goon who said Sonos beam is very correct

Sonos is an absolute poo poo company with poo poo products and even poo poo employees, trust me on this.

Stick with any old LG/Sony soundbar and you should be fine, even the $100 bars are leagues better than what's built-in.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The shark vacuums are pretty good though? :confused:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have two Shark vacuums and they're great.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

MarcusSA posted:

The shark vacuums are pretty good though? :confused:

I'm still using a $60 one from 2008

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That poster seems to just not like many companies

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chunderbucket posted:

I'm still using a $60 one from 2008

My $200 Dyson is still going but when it craps out I’m getting a shark no question.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

have shark stratos love it

any corded folks who think battery doesnt make difference are wrong; i used to be like you but the barrier for entry for quick little vacuums sessions while something is cooking in the oven or tea brewing is frankly amazing

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My wife is a professional cleaner and prefers Shark vacuums for both at home and on jobs

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I have a Shark (purchased at Costco) and love it. No hair wrap! Do you know how many years I've been razor blading my long hair off of vacuum brushes?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

The worst part about sound bars is the fuckin lack of HDMI ports.

I used to have a proper setup and having the extra hdmi ports was awesome

I had a proper setup like a decade ago until the HDMI daughterboard on my Onkyo done broke. Got rid of it, my stupid universal "smart" remote, and learned to love the speakers in the TV and the freedom that comes with only having one remote (the little one that comes with an AppleTV). Fortunately, my TV was expensive enough in like 2008 to come with three HDMI ports, which is enough for the playstation, switch and AppleTV.

I picked up a $100 Roku soundbar to use with our cheap outdoor projector for movie nights but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Seemed like a good deal to replace a Big Jambox and a laptop.

Wirecutter really likes this setup: https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/sound-bars/magnifi-mini-ax/300410-new.html
The "bar" part is super short, but they say it sounded better than many of the bigger ones. I think $499 is about a hundred bucks into the range of what I'd consider "serious business," so I'm sticking with my existing speakers for now.

One thing I semi-considered: Apple's little HomePods can pair with the AppleTV for wireless stereo at $100 each. That only works for the ATV tho, not the playstation.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hutla posted:

I have a Shark (purchased at Costco) and love it. No hair wrap! Do you know how many years I've been razor blading my long hair off of vacuum brushes?

.......what?!?!!?

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
I bought a Dyson model that Costco carries direct from Dyson. A month after the warranty expired the plastic bin housing cracked and it took 6 months for a replacement part to be in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Fitzy Fitz posted:

.......what?!?!!?

It advertised a self-cleaning brushroll AND IT ACTUALLY IS. Mine’s this guy, but there are newer models.