Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Lol this guy

https://twitter.com/P__Wrestling/status/1666757614074560513?t=eV2P9WxsTIi1EvjpwBjqkg&s=19

In storyline the only wrestling outside of njpw he watches is nakamura matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Lol this guy

https://twitter.com/P__Wrestling/status/1666757614074560513?t=eV2P9WxsTIi1EvjpwBjqkg&s=19

In storyline the only wrestling outside of njpw he watches is nakamura matches

I hope everyone just turns on him & beats the poo poo out of him 5 on 1, drat disrespectful punk. Finishing with Kaito Tiger Driver '91ing his rear end. :rant:

Anyway, I'm going to try to remember to put up a Gameday Thread for the show in the morning. I think the card looks really fun.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That'd last for maybe a minute before Kenoh gets grumpy and starts fighting random people

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I hope everyone just turns on him & beats the poo poo out of him 5 on 1, drat disrespectful punk. Finishing with Kaito Tiger Driver '91ing his rear end. :rant:

Anyway, I'm going to try to remember to put up a Gameday Thread for the show in the morning. I think the card looks really fun.

I'm really excited for it. Will be a very fun show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Really wish it were on a weekend so I could watch it live

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

PWF Junior Heavyweight Title: Atsuki Aoyagi(c) vs Kaito Ishida
Hokuto Omori, Minoru Suzuki & Naruki Doi vs Kaz Hayashi, Satoshi Kojima & Taiyo Kea
Doi and Ishida on the same card. :raise:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

Doi and Ishida on the same card. :raise:

They even had a match during Junior Battle of Glory earlier this year, Ishida and Kotaro Suzuki vs Doi and Naoki Tanizaki

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

They even had a match during Junior Battle of Glory earlier this year, Ishida and Kotaro Suzuki vs Doi and Naoki Tanizaki
Mr. Kyu Kyu pls come back to DG :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1667128427785363456?t=rTkPFQmj5sDoJEHLNu_daw&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If you have a Wrestle Universe sub I highly recommend going to watch the 31/5 NOAH show, specifically the Kenoh vs Nakajima main event

My #2 NOAH match of the year after Kenoh vs Kaito from 1/1. These boys beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a tiny but vocal Shinjuku FACE crowd, it's exactly what you'd hope for from these fellas

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

If you have a Wrestle Universe sub I highly recommend going to watch the 31/5 NOAH show, specifically the Kenoh vs Nakajima main event

My #2 NOAH match of the year after Kenoh vs Kaito from 1/1. These boys beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a tiny but vocal Shinjuku FACE crowd, it's exactly what you'd hope for from these fellas

I watched a 3rd Kenoh match in 3 days that I've gone ****¾ on: on Friday I saw the All Together Again main event, on Sunday I watched that NOAH match mentioned above, today I watched the 2/6 Dragongate main event with Kongo vs M3K & woof. That's some drat fine wrestling.

Elsewhere, GLEAT have been slowly posting matches on their upcoming Tokyo Dome City Hall show on 1st July & it is looking like a hell of a show
LIDET UWF Rules: Ayato Yoshida & Yu Iizuka vs Hikaru Sato & Shinya Aoki
Aoi, Janai Kai, Michiko Miyagi & Risa Sera vs Itsuki Aoki, Rydeen Hagane, Unagi Sayaka & Yukari Yosokawa
LIDET UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Azusa Inaba
Black Generation (Flamita, Kaito Ishida & Kotaro Suzuki) vs BANDIDO, El Lindaman & KENTO MIYAHARA

God drat that's already shaping up to be exciting. And I'm sure there will be title matches, I think Takanori Ito vs Fujita Hayato is basically confirmed for the LIDET UWF belt.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Is Azusa Inaba related to Tomoka? I see they've teamed a fair bit in JTO.

Also happy Miyagi is back for a show, haven't seen any of her IR stuff since she left GLEAT

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Is Azusa Inaba related to Tomoka? I see they've teamed a fair bit in JTO.

Also happy Miyagi is back for a show, haven't seen any of her IR stuff since she left GLEAT

They are sisters

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SG Bamboo posted:

Michiko Miyagi tagging with Aoi makes me very happy. They both kick rear end.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Dragon Kid has been added to the mascara contra mascara cage match at Kobe World.

It's now Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid, Shun Skywalker, Diamante, Strong Machine J - escape rules only (probably flag retrieval rather than climbing out as usual), no pin or submission. Last one in loses their mask.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
YIkes

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1667932235868037120

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Bonk posted:

Michiko Miyagi tagging with Aoi makes me very happy. They both kick rear end.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seems Anzai picked up some hair care tips from Kenoh

https://twitter.com/anzai_AJPW/status/1667669179800125441

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
We've got a full card for Kobe World 2023 on July 2nd. I'll probably make a Youtube video previewing the storylines and such. I'm assuming "Advance Match" for the first two means a free pre-show on Youtube.

Advance Match❶
Shachihoko BOY, Takashi Yoshida, Problem Dragon vs. Genki Horiguchi, Punch Tominaga, Ho Ho Lun

Advance Match❷
KAI & HYO vs Rookie Selection Team (probably hedging on whether Nagano & Kato are back from injuries)

① 6 Man Tag:
Dragon Dia, La Estrella, Eita vs. Kagetora, U-T, Taro Nohashi (Michinoku Pro)

② Open the Brave Gate Championship:
Jason Lee© vs. ISHIN (non-title if he doesn't make weight by the show, but I'm sure they'll kayfabe it)

③ Tag:
Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii vs. [Kongo] Shuji Kondo & Kenoh (NOAH)

④ Bosou 10 Match Series Revival #2
Konomama Ichikawa vs. X (last year was Keiji Muto, so expect anyone)

⑤ Open the Twin Gate Championship:
[M3K] Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda© vs. [Gold Class] BxB Hulk & Ben-K

⑥ Single:
YAMATO vs. Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW)

⑦ Open the Triangle Gate Championship:
[Natural Vibes] Kzy, BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky 'Funky' Kamei© vs. [Gold Class] Kota Minoura, Minorita, Naruki Doi

⑧ Open the Dream Gate Championship - D'courage EXPLODES!:
Madoka Kikuta© vs. Yuki Yoshioka

⑨ Mascara contra Mascara 5 Way Steel Cage Survival Match:
Ultimo Dragon vs. Strong Machine J vs. Shun Skywalker vs. Diamante vs. Dragon Kid
-No pins/subs, must retrieve masks from posts on top of the cage to escape, last to escape must unmask

:woop: :bubblewoop:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I guess Strong Machine J is losing here? Ultimo is Ultimo, there's nothing in it for DK, I don't think they're unmasking Diamante and I'm not even sure if he's actually contracted to DG, next most likely is Shun but he's done an amazing job emoting even with a mask

Also what's the kayfabe explanation on why DK is there lol

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
DK says that he'll always "protect the principal's mask", plus Diamante unmasked his protege Dia via Shun's betrayal so he's probably still pissed at both of them about it.

My gut says Diamante because he's always won mask apuestas but now he's coming at the king. Plus Shun has a history of betrayal and they've been showing some tension lately.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

DK says that he'll always "protect the principal's mask", plus Diamante unmasked his protege Dia via Shun's betrayal so he's probably still pissed at both of them about it.

My gut says Diamante because he's always won mask apuestas but now he's coming at the king. Plus Shun has a history of betrayal and they've been showing some tension lately.

That's spicy because it was Shun who was about to lose his mask during the one where Dia ultimately unmasked, and it was opposite Diamante... yet they managed to team up and win the Twin Gate after forming Z-Brats... who knows if dastardly Shun is planning to do screw over someone like Dia again

Also doesn't Ultimo have a recurring thing where he refuses to shake DK's hand or something (but he'd do it for someone like Hajime Ohara on the opposing team even lol)

I loved the Dead or Alive 2021 main event where they paired up the guys who were feuding, and managed to do a few tag team spots until they remembered they hated each other (YAMATO and KAI in particular)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kobe World card is spicy as hell. They must have something sick planned to put the cage in the main. Hopefully this motivates Kikuta/Yoshioka to go even harder over being upstaged. Also it's nice when the universe listens and gives me something I want like Kenoh/Fuji.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1668453142873378817

WHY

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So DDT has been teasing a "former WWE superstar" appearing on their show, and...

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1668453437636501504

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He's just too powerful

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

Kobe World card is spicy as hell. They must have something sick planned to put the cage in the main. Hopefully this motivates Kikuta/Yoshioka to go even harder over being upstaged. Also it's nice when the universe listens and gives me something I want like Kenoh/Fuji.

Think this is a double intermission need time to set up the cage night more than Ultimo upstaging the title.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I love how WORLD FAMOUS is in air quotes

anyway Shooter vs Yoshitatsu was awful and you can kind of tell from Shooter's face after the finish lmao

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lily Catts posted:

I love how WORLD FAMOUS is in air quotes

anyway Shooter vs Yoshitatsu was awful and you can kind of tell from Shooter's face after the finish lmao

Dude basically stormed out of the arena.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
He's WORLD FAMOUS in the same way the Money Clip is, and his appearance inspires the same reaction (silence and mild annoyance)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I realize that I haven't seen a Yoshitatu match since his run in WWE. I'm going to rectify that and come back with a trip report.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

I realize that I haven't seen a Yoshitatu match since his run in WWE. I'm going to rectify that and come back with a trip report.

He had some good matches, but they almost all featured either Kento Miyahara or Suwama. And were 2 years ago (or more).

Though I swear by the TLC match he had with Jun Kasai, that was good dumb fun.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

forkboy84 posted:

He had some good matches, but they almost all featured either Kento Miyahara or Suwama. And were 2 years ago (or more).

Though I swear by the TLC match he had with Jun Kasai, that was good dumb fun.

I watched his All Together Again match with Shota Umino and found the match to be... kinda bland? Don't know why, but I feel like I can't lay all the blame on YT's shoulders. More research is needed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://vk.com/video543863954_456239792 is probably the best match Yoshitatsi was in, at least from what I have seen. Phone posting so can't get a direct timestamp, but skip to about 1:57 into the video

Like, Yoshitatsu is clearly the weak link here, but by his standards he puts in a good showing

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yoshitatsu: the "Yo____atsu" is silent.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Some non YT news to lift spirits

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1668578058087874560

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

Dude basically stormed out of the arena.

He wouldn’t be a Tanahashi clone if he didn’t constantly disrespect Yoshitatsu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was thinking about Shigehiro Irie today. I miss him :( Hasn't been in Japan for 4 months now.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

I was thinking about Shigehiro Irie today. I miss him :( Hasn't been in Japan for 4 months now.
He's booked on the upcoming GLEAT Ver.6 show on July 1st. Looks like a fun card:

G.PROWRESTLING:
1) Issei Onitsuka & Yusuke Kodama vs. Shigehiro Irie & Junje
2) Komander, Galeno Del Mal, Quiet Storm vs. YUTANI, Emperador Azteca, El Bendito
3) G-Infinity Championship: Jun Saito & Rei Saito© vs. Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka
4) Yukari Hosokawa, Unagi Sayaka, Aoki Itsuki, Rydeen Hagane vs. Michiko Miyagi, Aoi, Risa Sera, Janai Kai
5) Unit Disbands: 60 Seconds (Tetsuya Izuchi, Jun Tonsho, Keiichi Sato, Oji Shiiba) vs. BULK Orchestra (Ryuichi Kawakami, Hayato Tamura, Check Shimatani, KAZMA Sakamoto)
6) El Lindaman, Kento Miyahara, Bandido vs. Kaito Ishida, Flamita, Kotaro Suzuki
7) G-Rex Championship: T-Hawk© vs. Soma Watanabe
LIDET UWF:
8) Maya Fukuda vs. Azusa Inaba
9) Yu Iizuka & Ayato Yoshida vs. Shinya Aoki & Mitsuru
10) LIDET UWF World Championship: Takanori Ito© vs Fujita 'Jr' Hayato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bonk posted:

He's booked on the upcoming GLEAT Ver.6 show on July 1st. Looks like a fun card:

G.PROWRESTLING:
1) Issei Onitsuka & Yusuke Kodama vs. Shigehiro Irie & Junje
2) Komander, Galeno Del Mal, Quiet Storm vs. YUTANI, Emperador Azteca, El Bendito
3) G-Infinity Championship: Jun Saito & Rei Saito© vs. Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka
4) Yukari Hosokawa, Unagi Sayaka, Aoki Itsuki, Rydeen Hagane vs. Michiko Miyagi, Aoi, Risa Sera, Janai Kai
5) Unit Disbands: 60 Seconds (Tetsuya Izuchi, Jun Tonsho, Keiichi Sato, Oji Shiiba) vs. BULK Orchestra (Ryuichi Kawakami, Hayato Tamura, Check Shimatani, KAZMA Sakamoto)
6) El Lindaman, Kento Miyahara, Bandido vs. Kaito Ishida, Flamita, Kotaro Suzuki
7) G-Rex Championship: T-Hawk© vs. Soma Watanabe
LIDET UWF:
8) Maya Fukuda vs. Azusa Inaba
9) Yu Iizuka & Ayato Yoshida vs. Shinya Aoki & Mitsuru
10) LIDET UWF World Championship: Takanori Ito© vs Fujita 'Jr' Hayato

loving yea. Need more Irie. Also as an aside I would love to know why Google translates always translates Hikaru Sato's first name as Mitsuru. The kanji for Mitsuru is 美鶴, for Hikaru is 光留 and while I know basically nothing about logographic writing systems those seem different to me.

I just watched the Gatoh Move show where Chris Brookes got hurt and god drat is it just the most innocuous looking spot; reminded me of Shun Skywalker vs Madoka Kikuta with Kikuta's freak injury.