Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's too much for a cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i got a cooler for free from work and i only had to give approx 50 hours of my life every week for 5 years to get it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A person with a Yeti cooler is signaling their genetic material could produce a high IQ child

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7115110221181095211

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

There's only one cooler I care about

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's only one cooler i care about and that's being cooler than you

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this is me everytime i get weird "Swag" points at work i can excahnge for things

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeti coolers are expensive because they make them out of real yetis

Apr 7, 2003

speaking of coolers, remember this og kickstarter scam

o7

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ok that mom's def gonna buy the $400 cast iron

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

if some fucker brings a blender and speakers to a campsite i'm pissing all over the inside of their rv

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol wirecutter's (peak yeti customer demo) recommended cooler is an $80 coleman, yetiheads losing their minds over this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

marine hard lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you may find yourself
drinking from a yeti thermos
and you may find yourself
grilling at a yeti grill
and you may find yourself
filling your cabinets with yeti containers
and you may find yourself in a yeti brand house
with a yeti brand wife
and you may ask yourself, "well
how did I get here?"

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if some fucker brings a blender and speakers to a campsite i'm pissing all over the inside of their rv

I am extremely loving jealous if your typical campsite experience doesn't involve every single person within 10000 ft. having some kind of bluetooth speaker.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmfao her complaints are that 2 or 3 Germans told her her German sucked and that they don’t have big box stores like America

Apr 7, 2003

my wife's firm gave her a Yeti tumbler for her 10th year there. I looked it up and it's $80. It holds 12 oz

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
cooler

lifetime cooler

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Yeti fooler

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Yeti tumblers are top tier corporate swag.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

lifetime cooler

introducing the yeti coffin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1668634451088392193

lol

if they'd just make the strike indefinite it could do some real damage to the internet

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It just shows how lovely and useless the google search algorithm is.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That information exists elsewhere on the internet, but google sucks so much rear end that it can't find it anymore.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

It just shows how lovely and useless the google search algorithm is.

same but also most of the internet as well
you can trust approximately 0% of search results and even if you're looking for something like a recipe you're gonna get a page with a blog and like 50 ads instead of the damned recipe

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I am extremely loving jealous if your typical campsite experience doesn't involve every single person within 10000 ft. having some kind of bluetooth speaker.

car camping is a miserable experience and i won't do it anymore

idiots idling their diesels all day
running generators
screaming kids
a loving TV is on

so much nicer to walk a few miles into the woods or park on a random forest road

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yeah the web is centralized as gently caress now

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i was using archive.org to read old reddit posts because search engines are near worthless now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
90% of the time i google something, i really want its wikipedia page. the rest is finding game tips for 20 year old crpgs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

90% of the time i google something, i really want its wikipedia page. the rest is finding game tips for 20 year old crpgs.

and the wikipedia page is now halfway down the page because the first 4 results are ads

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

That information exists elsewhere on the internet, but google sucks so much rear end that it can't find it anymore.

That's part of it, but a lot of specialized knowledge has always existed on forums. Even 10-15 years ago you'd get better results on a lot of things from forums threads where someone was working through a problem than from anywhere else. It's a particularly useful format for technical/DIY issues because sometimes the back and forth troubleshooting is worthwhile even if your problem doesn't have the same solution as the OP.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's the feedback loop of google search engine feeding into a few top sites and then the few top sites just becoming aggregators of the poo poo people look for.

So google users ended up being conditioned to look in those few specific spots and nowhere else.

Although internet becoming bigger and more bloated is a problem. But google was resting on their laurels and ignored the problem.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

The only hypothetical good version of the internet was one where search engines were immediately nationalized and treated as a public service. Every other path inevitably led right here.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lostconfused posted:

I remember when Google was at war with the SEO scum, always trying to strip them out of results, then at some point they just surrendered entirely.

Around the same time they started guessing what you actually meant

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Paradoxish posted:

The only hypothetical good version of the internet was one where search engines were immediately nationalized and treated as a public service. Every other path inevitably led right here.

I wonder if Baidu sucks like Google.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1668634451088392193

lol

if they'd just make the strike indefinite it could do some real damage to the internet

They already said that they are gonna be done tomorrow so reddit has nothing to lose by waiting it out

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Spaced God posted:

They already said that they are gonna be done tomorrow so reddit has nothing to lose by waiting it out

fair but more than a few have said they won't be reopening and if reddit takes away their mod powers, gently caress it and gently caress /u/spez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was nice they announced ahead of time that they will easily fold on all the changes