Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's never really worth it to stall at a certain collection level, since you're limiting progression towards the most interesting cards as a tradeoff for maybe getting softer opponents + the former is the thing you really want to go through as fast as possible if you stick with the game

people used to advise it before entering pool 3 just because the difference in decks was so dramatic, but even still I think it was worth it to keep pushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

In my experience today though, crossing into infinite means the gloves are off and you get matched up against people with full collections even though you're still in pool one, so be careful about that.

...I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get any daily missions done now.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Tried out that High Evolution/Lockjaw deck someone posted upthread. Four games in a row I played against someone using the exact same deck.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
drat silk is a 2 5?? with the "downside" that she moves around a lot. that seems strong as. Move decks look like they're eating well.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Aramoro posted:

This is what I'm running for High Evo lockdown

Running at an 86% WR so far.

That deck got me to infinite before the spidey nerf. It was incredibly strong and very high winrate. I cruised. Post-spidey nerf and since I'm infinite I'm just dicking around with other decks for fun. Finally got around to trying Thanos. He's okay.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aero737 posted:

I'm up to collection level 221 and I don't think I've played against a real person yet. Every single match has been against someone with a generic English first name like 'Gavin' or 'Jason'. Is this normal?

Also, should I wait at my current collection level or should I start pushing into pool 2?

Until you hit rank 30 for the first time you will only play bots. Or at least that used to be the case.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I know it's a minority opinion but I'm going to miss playing against Galactus.
It's a polarizing card so I'm fine with them nerfing/reworking it, but I'll miss the archetype in general.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I think I played against Galactus maybe once during my (short) climb to infinite, and not at all since then. And I'm starting to think it's fine when it's maybe 10% of the meta. Certainly more fun occasionally than just endless HE lockdown games.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Hit infinite with Hazmat - this deck was posted ages ago upthread (credit to the poster, i don't remember who lol), the only change I made was replacing Hood with Ironheart.

Hit 6000 and impulse bought Iron Lad, now I can screw around with making a deck for him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No hood??? I'm impressed either way gj.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
when do patches normally go live? the conquest thing is supposed to launch today i think

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

pray for my aunt posted:

Hit infinite with Hazmat - this deck was posted ages ago upthread (credit to the poster, i don't remember who lol), the only change I made was replacing Hood with Ironheart.

Hit 6000 and impulse bought Iron Lad, now I can screw around with making a deck for him.

Luke Cage seems like such a necessity nowadays I have to imagine they'll nerf him

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Or they could nerf high evo (the op card that demands you run luke)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1668635055432843264
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1668636465687928834
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1668637972890001412

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 13, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Makes galactus kind of insane with prio. Actually preserved the spirit of the card while adding a ton more counterplay. Pretty interesting honestly.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dazzler and Ultron huh?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

No Wave posted:

No hood??? I'm impressed either way gj.
Hood is almost certainly the better version of the deck, just a combination of personal preference (Wong/Odin blow-ups are a big favourite) and the temporary surge of Storm/Spidey/Prof X made me want to try it out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That maria change... what? They made her worse?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

No Wave posted:

That maria change... what? They made her worse?

She’s been useless since the Quinjet nerf so I guess they just decided to throw something at the wall to see if it sticks.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/ACozyGamer/status/1668640060454105088

I feel like it's just going to be all Spider-Man->Galactus from now on, and it's just a question of whether you want to gamble when Spidey appears.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
kind of amazed that they unambiguously nerfed galactus but still made it a card i want to play with, i was resigning myself to hanging it up

tried out conquest, got beat the gently caress out by someone who obviously actually planned to make a deck for the format and saved showing me leader until the last match for the gamewinning play. seems fun, i gotta play more

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devo posted:

She’s been useless since the Quinjet nerf so I guess they just decided to throw something at the wall to see if it sticks.
Sure the obvious change was to just push her to generate 2 costs because then she'd work with quinjet. But now she only works with quinjet half the time. idk really weird.

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/ACozyGamer/status/1668640060454105088

I feel like it's just going to be all Spider-Man->Galactus from now on, and it's just a question of whether you want to gamble when Spidey appears.
You mean iron fist -> spider man -> galactus?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It sounds like maybe they killed Galactus but idk im curious to see if it actually becomes a card that I’d like to play.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think Shuri Nimrod Galactus might be an interesting deck to dust off again

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

Sure the obvious change was to just push her to generate 2 costs because then she'd work with quinjet. But now she only works with quinjet half the time. idk really weird.

Oh, yeah. :P

Edit: Actually, I guess locations 'poisoned' by a goblin are going to be ripe.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah uh. This is a buff. The T4 Galactus plays with Wave can no longer be blocked by Professor X, and the variant with Goblins is going to be almost unstoppable.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

No Wave posted:

Wouldn't you need a Mr fantastic or klaw in there too?

e: ah of course goblins

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

No Wave posted:

Maybe Negasonic on 3 to keep the opponent’s power down in that lane.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I had Lockjaw in my S3 shop. I may be having some regret at not taking it. Not because of the recent HE deck, more cuz Lockjaw decks seem fun to play.

But I’m really wanting Zola. 🤔

Red
Apr 15, 2003

crestfallen posted:

I had Lockjaw in my S3 shop. I may be having some regret at not taking it. Not because of the recent HE deck, more cuz Lockjaw decks seem fun to play.

But I’m really wanting Zola. 🤔

If nothing else, Lockjaw is just a ton of fun. I had an absolute blast mixing him up with Mr. Negative and Jubilee.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
People are running Cerebro 2 Galactus decks now.

Also they made a change where I can t pull my 6 cost cards ever and this daily mission of "do 2 6 cost cards" has been on my dash for 8 straight games. gently caress.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I played some conquest, Got my silver ticket with Silk C5, it's bad but good enough. Then Played HighEvo Lockdown for the 2 Gold Matches, they take ages. Both of them went to 6+ rounds.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
i want to know how someone runs into this known issue

quote:

If you own all Series 4 and 5 cards as well as all Ultimate variants then the token shop will become inaccessible for Series 3 cards as well

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

lmao there are very obviously no MMR considerations when making matches in Conquest. I just played against a laughably bad discard deck in the proving grounds.
RIP low pool 3 players I guess.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah uh. This is a buff. The T4 Galactus plays with Wave can no longer be blocked by Professor X, and the variant with Goblins is going to be almost unstoppable.

Ehh it's only a buff in the narrowest sense.

Instead of proff x blocking the wave play now any wave discounted card with 7+ power blocks Galactus.

The goblin varient got better, but it's even more prone to being obvious and has some pretty easy tech against it too. If it ever catches on then Carnage isn't much of an opportunity cost tech card to run.

Seems like an interesting change over all, going to do one thing I think that matters the most. It makes losing to Galactus not feel bad.
The issue before is you would often loose the game on turn 4 or five. Losing on six just doesn't carry the same weight as you loose all the time to a turn six play you didn't see coming. Now Galactus will just be one of those moments and you move on from it.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 13, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So the opponent to start Conquest.. he isn't real, right? I mean, he can't be. This guy lost every single game and refused to concede and his deck was garbage.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

So the opponent to start Conquest.. he isn't real, right? I mean, he can't be. This guy lost every single game and refused to concede and his deck was garbage.

Yeah the starter in Conquest mirrors your play style.

(I’m just joshin’. I don’t think Conquest has any kind of MMR though.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

Your first opponent in Conquest will always be a bot.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Jedit posted:

Your first opponent in Conquest will always be a bot.

Oh seriously? That explains my discard guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nerfing Galactus is another nail in the SNAP coffin. Unless this buffs him, then this is a SNAP W