Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

All my tickets where complete and my bugs per lines of code was the lowest on the entire team. :smug:

Uh sorry but you're salaried for 40 hours a work week, and you've been completing your work in 15-25 ish hours... That's called wage theft.

The cops will be here to beat you shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

isn't that most coolers?

I think of a lot of the newer plastic ones yeah, but I have seen older ones which have metal or even just heavier plastic lids that close on their own

unless you were to like let it down as slowly and gently as possible maybe

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Nice and hot piss posted:

Uh sorry but you're salaried for 40 hours a work week, and you've been completing your work in 15-25 ish hours... That's called wage theft.

The cops will be here to beat you shortly.

Weird how they get upset if you finish up under 40 hours and want that time for yourself, but if you work overtime you're salaried and we don't have to pay you more.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

the cached google version works great AND it probably doesn't give reddit page views if that's what you're after.

A lot of results from reddit don't show up in google's cache, for some reason

same with twitter, sometimes it lets you access the cached version of a search result sometimes it doesn't

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Can't imagine there's a lot of shareholder value to be harvested from a cached version of the content on a third-party host. Better break the functionality to be sure.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I was using Reddit for travel tips for the summer and welp guess I can’t possibly for another day or more. Idgaf about their api changes or 3rd party apps or Reddit in general. They can all die

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Beached Whale posted:

Weird how they get upset if you finish up under 40 hours and want that time for yourself, but if you work overtime you're salaried and we don't have to pay you more.

That’s called capitalism!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Glumwheels posted:

travel tips for the summer

I got you covered. Pack a t shirt, shorts, some light comfy shoes, sunnies, a hat, some sunscreen. And if you go to the beach, don't forget to bring a towel

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

anime was right posted:

this sounds like a functioning society to me. americas like weird faux-politeness dance drives me insane

bless your heart

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Amazon is somehow even worse than google

Amazon really led the charge on enshittification. Trend setters.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Beached Whale posted:

boss: hey i can't approve OT, just take the time off in lieu

oh, not monday, we need you then

not friday either

maybe in two months, ask me then

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Buck Turgidson posted:

I got you covered. Pack a t shirt, shorts, some light comfy shoes, sunnies, a hat, some sunscreen. And if you go to the beach, don't forget to bring a towel

Thanks but I was looking for restaurant, bar, and beach club recommendations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

All the manufactured servility in US retail/restaurant settings is unnerving to me. Everyone knows it's a script! It's not real! The workers there, aside from a few truly deluded individuals, aren't actually happy to see you. They aren't actually thanking you. They're reading from a soulless script penned by an undead monstrosity in a defiled marketing tomb somewhere.

a really bad example of this is when you call customer support and the very obviously non-american worker has to say "hi, i'm bob and i'm talking to you from omaha, nebraska. what can i do for you today?"

everything about calling customer support is such a nightmare.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Gorson posted:

Amazon is stale dogshit and it shocks me every time I hear someone say how great it is and how they order everything from there. The eBay comparison is accurate, Amazon doesn't want to stock or ship anything they just want a cut.

yeah amazon is only good for poo poo you can't find in a store. a lot of the amazon editor pick poo poo is just hot garbage. I bought amazon basics undershirts, supposed to be 100% cotton. I got them and they're tissue paper thin. I looked disgusting - nipples protruding - in front of my fiancee. Very disrespectful

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah amazon is only good for poo poo you can't find in a store. a lot of the amazon editor pick poo poo is just hot garbage. I bought amazon basics undershirts, supposed to be 100% cotton. I got them and they're tissue paper thin. I looked disgusting - nipples protruding - in front of my fiancee. Very disrespectful

They're undershirts. Wear them under another shirt.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

is pepsi ok posted:

a really bad example of this is when you call customer support and the very obviously non-american worker has to say "hi, i'm bob and i'm talking to you from omaha, nebraska. what can i do for you today?"

I loving haaaaate this and it makes me feel like the shittiest person in the world for even bothering to contact customer support.

The worst version of this that I experienced lately is when my girlfriend had to do some online certification poo poo where the exams were proctored by someone who was on camera and very clearly in an overseas call center, and they still had the "Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm your completely American proctor!" script.

It's loving horrific.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

sounds like the pink tax is being applied to dudes now

next they'll be coming for our jean pockets

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

i mean how much did they cost

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

I loving haaaaate this and it makes me feel like the shittiest person in the world for even bothering to contact customer support.

The worst version of this that I experienced lately is when my girlfriend had to do some online certification poo poo where the exams were proctored by someone who was on camera and very clearly in an overseas call center, and they still had the "Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm your completely American proctor!" script.

It's loving horrific.

What sucks the most is, in the age of the internet and more and more people growing up tech-savvy, if you do call customer support it's likely because you truly have some issue that requires someone knowledgeable to help you with a very very specific issue and when you try to explain they'll just go through the "turn it off and back on" script anyway

I had to delay a 20-hour drive trying to set up a security camera by like an hour and a half because their servers were getting hammered (the true problem) yet the customer service person made me redo the setup process a dozen times before realizing why it wasn't working. like no poo poo dude I already tried setting it up multiple times!!!! problem's on your end!!!

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 20:38 on Jun 13, 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

actionjackson posted:

i mean how much did they cost

not enough

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

isn't that most coolers?

I guess not since the aforementioned costco cooler does

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
honestly im learning to sew because I hate most clothes now. ill fitting or too thin, fabric costs as much as the clothes, its just my labor

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why are you installing security cameras

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
drat it would be so sick if I learned to sew and then wore my own clothes. Except I wouldn't really learn how to do it and it'd be all these awkward shapes and colors just barely hanging together. But it'd be pretty cool.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

drat it would be so sick if I learned to sew and then wore my own clothes. Except I wouldn't really learn how to do it and it'd be all these awkward shapes and colors just barely hanging together. But it'd be pretty cool.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

euphronius posted:

Amazon is somehow even worse than google

This is what I don't understand. Amazon makes stupid cash by just showing people what they want. I can't imagine they're going to make a bunch of cash showing people scams and knock offs over what they want.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

This is what I don't understand. Amazon makes stupid cash by just showing people what they want. I can't imagine they're going to make a bunch of cash showing people scams and knock offs over what they want.

They make more money off those products OP

Marketplace makes a killing for amazon

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

ben shapino posted:

They're undershirts. Wear them under another shirt.

we're boiling the ocean this year who the gently caress is still cold enough to wear two shirts

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Glumwheels posted:

They make more money off those products OP

Marketplace makes a killing for amazon

Does it make more money than just shoving everything someone could want in their face and putting a "pay now" button on the page?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

The "secret" is that the scam people give Amazon a fat cut for listing priority. The more scammy, the more they can pay to Amazon because their margins are enormous.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Beached Whale posted:

As a fellow Euro-brain my guess is she expected an Ear Pray Love sort of reception where everyone fawns over a precocious white American, and instead finds out they're just regular people living their lives who generally don't want to deal with your poo poo.

ya know and maybe they would of if it weren’t for well all that uhh body positivity going on there

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

in 2004 I did 2nd line tech support for aol in England (lol!) lots of calls began with “is your name really Harry?!”

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yer a computer whizz ‘arry

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

Does it make more money than just shoving everything someone could want in their face and putting a "pay now" button on the page?

Yeah, lots of people don’t care and want to buy cheap Chinese knockoffs.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

why are you installing security cameras

monitor the cat feeder just in case

unplug em when not traveling

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

monitor the cat feeder just in case

unplug em when not traveling

We also used a cheap motion-activated camera to check in on our cats when we were on vacation. It was very comforting because they are both idiots (being cats and such).

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

in 2004 I did 2nd line tech support for aol in England (lol!) lots of calls began with “is your name really Harry?!”

Well, is it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

update on i-95 collapse

https://twitter.com/davidshepardson/status/1668644897060954115

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

It's loving horrific.

They make you feel like that on purpose. Businesses really hate when people use their customer support lines and want to drive you away from them and shut down down their lines permanently. All cost centers must be wound up, only revenue drivers allowed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

🤣