Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This game critically lacks a "dorm" where I can watch the characters interact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

This game critically lacks a "dorm" where I can watch the characters interact

The Astral Express Parlor is kinda that? But like... it's random who shows up and their interactions are limited. A shame, I enjoy seeing my chibi goobers in HI3 interact.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The text messages work in that way but show me what the characters are saying to each other

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I need team building advice. I have Silver Wolf, Seele, Clara and Bronya for 5*. I'm seeing teams where people suggests SW, Clara, Natasha and Sushang as a setup. Would Seele work instead of Sushang? I like Sushang, but I don't have her built and I tend to obsess about efficiency.

I have been doing a Seele carry, with Bronya/Nat/Tingyun, but it would be nice to mix up things a little.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ubersandwich posted:

I need team building advice. I have Silver Wolf, Seele, Clara and Bronya for 5*. I'm seeing teams where people suggests SW, Clara, Natasha and Sushang as a setup. Would Seele work instead of Sushang? I like Sushang, but I don't have her built and I tend to obsess about efficiency.
The point of that specific setup is to make it so Silver Wolf implants physical weaknesses, because Sushang scales a lot with breaking the enemy.

If you don't want to use Sushang I'd run Silver Wolf/Seele/Bronya or Tingyun/Natasha. There's no real point in running Clara in that comp if you aren't leaning into the physical gimmick.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seele/SW/(Bronya or Ting)/healer is probably one of the most optimal team comps at this point

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Awesome. Understood, thank you!

I will tweak my current setup a little and then think about Sushang. I liked her in story and tend to lean into 'rule of cool' even when obsessing about being efficient.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Ubersandwich posted:

I have been doing a Seele carry, with Bronya/Nat/Tingyun, but it would be nice to mix up things a little.

I've been running SW/Seele/Natasha/Clara since pulling SW and it works pretty well. I admit if I had Bailu I'd use Bailu and Tingyun instead of Nat/Clara, but I don't. SW will still have chance to add quantum weakness just because she herself is quantum, so no need to bench Seele to make 3 physical teammates (as far as I understand things).

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sw, Seele, Bailu and Ting seem like such a glass cannon group. I have all of them but I'm used to fire MC tank.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Sw, Seele, Bailu and Ting seem like such a glass cannon group. I have all of them but I'm used to fire MC tank.

I swapped out Ting for SW because of that, but I really want to put her back in because I miss Seele hitting like a truck, so I think I'm going to have to try living dangerously without shields for a while.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I swapped out Ting for SW because of that, but I really want to put her back in because I miss Seele hitting like a truck, so I think I'm going to have to try living dangerously without shields for a while.

Well quick run using that comp, not optimized in any way on a crimson calyx and Seele was hitting for 20k.

I may have to play around with this. Bailu sitting at a clean 5.5k health.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The whole reason for the Seele/(2 of Bronya/Ting/SW)/(Bailu or Gepard) is that you're taking the idea of 'the best defense is a good offense' to its extremes. The enemy can't deal enough damage to you if they only get 3-4 turns to do damage to you, and bailu is good enough at healing it back up and giving you some bad luck protection with her revive. I consistently 3 cycle the first half of each MoC up to MoC 6 with that comp without an issue because the damage gets ridiculous very quickly.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

acumen posted:

Seele/SW/(Bronya or Ting)/healer is probably one of the most optimal team comps at this point

That's the main team I'm running at this point. I finally pulled Welt too, so I'm trying to build him up for my B-Team.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It doesn't count because it was the xp calyx with low hp birds weak to fire and ice but I've been using Herta for the first time since I got her and ignored her. She and Himeko on those birds is hilarious. I set it to autobattle and across 12 sets of enemies one near dead bird got one attack off. Ults triggering follow ups triggering follow ups then the ults are back up again. Good times.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Seele/Clara/SW/Nat is a super solid team. Whichever element you implant will be useful, since both quantum and physical are strong dps break elements. Clara here acts kinda like PMC, only you lose a bit of survivability in exchange for a LOT of damage.

It's what I had to resort to in the end since without Bailu/Gepard you really have to proactively bully enemies with debuffs/breaks from March/Pela/Welt if you want to survive, which either doesn't work too well with Clara's playstyle or leaves Seele with mediocre damage amp. With this new configuration, Seele team can burst down a side relatively safely and efficiently while the B-team flops around doing the best it can.

Don't think this is a choice I would make if I had more units tho, lmao

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well I now have 2 level 80s with level 80 light cones in my primary team. That was certainly a chunk of resources.

acumen posted:

Seele / SW / Ting / Natasha is what I've been using. Pretty strong... in the current content. I have no doubt when we go to space japan or whatever comes after space china we'll be pushed into using lightning, ice or fire teams rather than quantum.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
How much effect chance do you guys pile on SW? I've gotten mine leveled and traced, but even with mostly 5-star relics (one being an effect rate Meteor chestpiece), she only has like 1800 attack and doesn't really do much damage herself.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

GoodluckJonathan posted:

To those considering going for SW E2

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE

My track record seems pretty okay so far.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i had an effect hit relic on SW for a while and it felt pretty reliable, once i took it off in favor of 4pc quantum i started seeing resists on bosses like SU 5-2 kafka even with her event LC. her utility is way more important than her personal damage so i'm probably going to aim for at least one effect hit relic on her because missing a debuff feels really bad.

that's anecdotal though i'm not crunching numbers or anything

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have a bit over a hundred effect hit on SW. Too much? Not enough? Idk, seems to work well enough. Relics are all only +12 though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Right now I have Silver Wolf with Welt, Nat and Sushang. It's definitely not the most optimal, and Asta might even be better in SW's slot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've come to the conclusion that Kafka is the easiest SU boss. She doesn't really have anything threatening other than her charm effect, so as long as you can cleanse it she's easy.

The others usually deal significant damage that necessitates either an exceptional defense or offense.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

m.hache posted:

I've been using SW, Seele, Fire MC, and Asta. Which I guess is also glass cannon since it has no healer. Either way, the point is to kill the enemy before they can kill you.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

m.hache posted:

It demolishes everything I've run into with the current content, including Memory of Chaos. You don't really need shields when nothing survives long enough to do any meaningful damage.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

DancingShade posted:

I have a bit over a hundred effect hit on SW. Too much? Not enough? Idk, seems to work well enough. Relics are all only +12 though.

I believe she needs 80% to cap but I can't remember where I found that number

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
According to GrimroGacha's video guide, Silver Wolf needs to get to 96% Effect Hit Rate to make her skill debuff guaranteed to hit in all content currently in the game (102% if skill level 8 instead of 10, 105% if skill level 7).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsYAQA6VaY&t=1174s

Personally, I have enough EHR from substats on her that using her event lightcone, I can probably drop her EHR chestpiece once I have her fully built.

cranky corvid fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 13, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh god how am I 4k from TL60 suddenly I'm not ready to ascend these dumb action idiots.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Baiard posted:

My track record seems pretty okay so far.

what... the gently caress

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Must be a streamer account /s

(I saw more than a few streamers drop hundreds of dollars going for Himeko as their chase waifu)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bagrada posted:

Must be a streamer account /s

(I saw more than a few streamers drop hundreds of dollars going for Himeko as their chase waifu)

She's as beautiful as the day we lost her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've managed to pull three 5 star characters plus 1 dupe (so 4 total) and a 5 star light cone in the past month as a f2p player. I think that's pretty lucky, even considering one of those characters was from the beginner banner. I pulled Jing Yuan and Silver Wolf and there's no way I managed to reach the pity on both.

The game has decided to not give me Bailu or Gepard as punishment though.

bagrada posted:

It doesn't count because it was the xp calyx with low hp birds weak to fire and ice but I've been using Herta for the first time since I got her and ignored her. She and Himeko on those birds is hilarious. I set it to autobattle and across 12 sets of enemies one near dead bird got one attack off. Ults triggering follow ups triggering follow ups then the ults are back up again. Good times.

There was at least 1 FH clear that I only managed because of Herta. I think she's undervalued, but she shines best in SU farming and most people are focused on MoC instead.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 13, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
huh

:shepicide:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Where can you view those charts?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I've come to the conclusion that Kafka is the easiest SU boss. She doesn't really have anything threatening other than her charm effect, so as long as you can cleanse it she's easy.

The others usually deal significant damage that necessitates either an exceptional defense or offense.

Yeah, Gepard can be troublesome but if you can get rid of his shield quickly enough he's not too bad. Svarog is a goddamn nightmare and every run of the SU I only win by the skin of my teeth. Bronya & Cocolia aren't too bad, so long as you focus on taking out Bronya ASAP. Kafka is probably the easiest of them all if you have a way to cleanse her debuffs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Walla posted:

Where can you view those charts?

It's a 3rd party website called starrailstation.com where you can upload your warp history.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

It's a 3rd party website called starrailstation.com where you can upload your warp history.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem compatible with Android?

Edit: Counting manually it seems I got both Jing Yuan and Silver Wolf at exactly 80 pulls each.

Edit 2: I got my dupe of Welt in 81 pulls, and a copy of In the Name of the World in 4. Including the 50 from the beginner banner and it's over 300 pulls! I didn't think I managed that many.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 13, 2023

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

I've spent 140 warps to get each special once, that seems above average but not incredible?
I do only use Seele out of those so I do need to put in some effort at this game I suppose...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Use who you like. Part of the reason I keep leveling everyone equally is because I can't settle on who I like better. I'm using Jing Yuan and SW but I might end up benching both for Quinque and Sampo maybe.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Doug Sisk posted:

I've spent 140 warps to get each special once, that seems above average but not incredible?
I do only use Seele out of those so I do need to put in some effort at this game I suppose...

Yeah those are hella lucky pulls. The soft pity doesn't start until 75, I think. So you rawdogged those early pulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

qingque is good. smacking dudes with big crit mahjong tiles is hella satisfying.