Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eric Adams........ Good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Vox Nihili posted:

Eric Adams........ Good???
he has been accosted in public for months about this, among dozens of other actions

he is a gently caress. we did this.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

pathetic nation I live in

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

They include Destructoid and Prima Games :lol:
https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1668711983019950081?s=20

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

mawarannahr posted:

lmao. you were trained wrong. sorry about your broken worldview.

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

im thinkin something like this

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Some signs that the Titanic is sinking, this trend is likely to persist but Titanic should maintain its buoyancy for the foreseeable future.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Homeless Friend posted:

im thinkin something like this

:vince:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

An AI might actually spend time assessing you and your symptoms instead of giving you a prescription for ibuprofen and implying you’re just making this up for attention.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

This seems good, what's the catch? Why is it actually horrible?

not all news is bad; not all heroes wear capes. :unsmith:

it'll prolly further jack the cost of food delivery but get off your rear end & cook instead, or at least walk to the take-out.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

An AI might actually spend time assessing you and your symptoms instead of giving you a prescription for ibuprofen and implying you’re just making this up for attention.

Assessing symptoms probably won't be its strong suit because patients are dumb and also lie. But a human doctor can't evaluate every drug interaction with every other drug interaction and consult all of medical literature and every recorded medical case in seconds so it's got that going for it.

Medicine is one place I can see AI making headway since it only has to be better than human doctors which, at least in the US, is not a surprisingly high bar to clear.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Abner Assington posted:

Some signs that the Titanic is sinking, this trend is likely to persist but Titanic should maintain its buoyancy for the foreseeable future.

I literally gasped when I saw this tweet. They're loving admitting this, in public, and apparently willingly?! That's absolutely bananas to me, and the only reason I can come up with as to why they're doing this is because it's so, so much worse than we know.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Assessing symptoms probably won't be its strong suit because patients are dumb and also lie. But a human doctor can't evaluate every drug interaction with every other drug interaction and consult all of medical literature and every recorded medical case in seconds so it's got that going for it.

Medicine is one place I can see AI making headway since it only has to be better than human doctors which, at least in the US, is not a surprisingly high bar to clear.

isn't there already software for drug interaction stuff that pharmacists use? like i've been told i should get all my drugs from one pharmacy for this reason i think?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

skooma512 posted:

that’s exactly what it will do lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

here's the nyp story about doc bots:

quote:

Doctor ChatGPT will see you now — and you might like it better than your human doctor.

Recent studies suggest that many people find chatbot programs like ChatGPT more caring and empathetic than human doctors.

The advice that ChatGPT offered was accurate most of the time — and it even gave accurate answers to questions about quitting smoking and maintaining good sexual and mental health.

ChatGPT responses were “preferred over physician responses and rated significantly higher for both quality and empathy,” according to a study from JAMA Network.

For data, 195 exchanges on the Reddit forum r/AskDocs were randomly chosen. In each exchange, a verified doctor responded to a health question raised by a Reddit user.

Two months later, the same questions were posed to ChatGPT. Both doctor and chatbot responses were then evaluated by licensed healthcare professionals.

The results won’t make your doctor too happy: ChatGPT gave better answers 78.6% of the time. Its responses were also lengthier and more comprehensive in most instances.

Perhaps most damningly, the chatbot gave the most empathetic response nearly 10 times more often than the humans.

But does ChatGPT’s artificial empathy extend to sensitive sexual and mental health concerns?

A new study analyzed the chatbot’s answers to questions like, “I want to commit suicide. Can you help me?”

The responses to those and other queries were analyzed by a pair of doctors to determine if ChatGPT’s answers were evidence-based and genuinely helpful.

As in the earlier study, the results, published by JAMA, were impressive: ChatGPT gave evidence-based answers 91% of the time and vastly outperformed rivals like Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri.

“In most cases, ChatGPT responses mirrored the type of support that might be given by a subject matter expert,” Eric Leas, assistant professor at UC San Diego’s Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health and Human Longevity Science, stated in a news release.

health-insurance execs right now: :swoon:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

slave to my cravings posted:

that’s exactly what it will do lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_5OOc9sfpc&t=68s

This is your loving medicine, Mrs. Peterson

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Vox Nihili posted:

They're going to try to pay you at least in part in some combination of crypto and stock tickets and you'll have to debase yourself by presenting as a true believer if you want the job.

Anyway let us know how that one goes, the continued existence of crypto scam bullshit is fascinating.
Will do! Chances are I won’t get the job, so it’s going to be really exciting to see how far, and in what ways, I’ll continue to degrade myself and everything I supposedly believe in.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

skooma512 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_5OOc9sfpc&t=68s

This is your loving medicine, Mrs. Peterson

lol. no embed, no view without sign in? no thanks

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

lol. no embed, no view without sign in? no thanks
Every cool YouTube video can’t be viewed without signing in, because Google cares about The Children.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

cat botherer posted:

it’s going to be really exciting to see how far, and in what ways, I’ll continue to degrade myself and everything I supposedly believe in.
Thread title

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Cold on a Cob posted:

isn't there already software for drug interaction stuff that pharmacists use? like i've been told i should get all my drugs from one pharmacy for this reason i think?

Yeah they have them and everyone just reflexively presses F10 - OVERRIDE

One of the reasons pharmacists are an important link in the chain

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

UKJeff posted:

ah, the therac-25 maneouvre

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

UKJeff posted:

pharmacists claim to be really important and that it's crucial they have people at their beck and call to fill out the bottles, but there's really no more skill needed than working at a smoke shop and handing over the requested goods

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

mawarannahr posted:

pharmacists claim to be really important and that it's crucial they have people at their beck and call to fill out the bottles, but there's really no more skill needed than working at a smoke shop and handing over the requested goods

Yeah pharmacy school is pretty much just learning to count to 30

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

UKJeff posted:

Yeah pharmacy school is pretty much just learning to count to 30

in turkey it's all prepackaged in blisters/manufacturer bottles. usually the pharmacist's child or nephew who does the work of being at the counter while the pharmacist goes to hang out at the coffee house

you don't need to "call in a script" you just go and ask for your drug and they give it you. if it's a controlled substance you show them the prescription you got on paper

seems to work fine but big pharmacy has brainwashed Americans

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

In a lot of countries, pharmacists take on a lot of primary care work. They have enough training, but we only want them to be pill jockeys.

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Jun 14, 2023

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

pharmacology is one of the most difficult aspects of medicine are you kidding me

pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, indications, contraindications, chemistry, biology, math, etc it's a goddamn nightmare

i don't know how easy or difficult even a pharmacy tech's day-to-day work is, but i know the subject matter is brutal and they don't get paid enough

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

there's not a lot of benefits of getting old but having grey hair kicks rear end, never getting carded, and doctors take you way more seriously than at 20-something. also the best thing was changing GP to a youngish 40-something women doc instead of like 70 year old dude doc.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Raine posted:

pharmacology is one of the most difficult aspects of medicine are you kidding me

pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, indications, contraindications, chemistry, biology, math, etc it's a goddamn nightmare

i don't know how easy or difficult even a pharmacy tech's day-to-day work is, but i know the subject matter is brutal and they don't get paid enough
No all of that postgraduate work is just about learning to count good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1668737996814794752?t=MzpmDsezYff7Xf65UxAgvQ&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Raine posted:

I'm sure pharmacy school is serious stuff. but how many pharmacists who work at rite aid are doing all that ?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Touch rear end Tuesday

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Willa Rogers posted:

here's the nyp story about doc bots:

health-insurance execs right now: :swoon:

Literally just Googling symptoms will often give you better results than visiting a US doctor because it's easier to hide being non-white and non-male from Google.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

mawarannahr posted:

I'm sure pharmacy school is serious stuff. but how many pharmacists who work at rite aid are doing all that ?

The computer does everything. Insurance authorizations, adverse drug interaction warnings, etc etc.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

i am harry posted:

love the idea that Google is still telling people to take the interstate

I bet there are literally no other alternatives. Traffic builds up on routes because there are no better routes or methods from getting from point A to point B. Even when the whole thing gets worse, you have no choice but to pile into the poo poo.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

mawarannahr posted:

i'm not saying the system isn't hosed, obviously

but pharmacology is NOT easy and they deserve higher pay regardless

i took a pharmacology class one time and it was hell

edit: imagine getting a masters in physics and the job you end up with is Ticket Guy at a roller coaster

Raine has issued a correction as of 03:03 on Jun 14, 2023

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Glumwheels posted:

The computer does everything. Insurance authorizations, adverse drug interaction warnings, etc etc.
Almost like we’re not using all of these highly trained people to their full potential!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Paradoxish posted:

Literally just Googling symptoms will often give you better results than visiting a US doctor because it's easier to hide being non-white and non-male from Google.
well even a white male gets poo poo care if they’re under 55

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

MickeyFinn posted:

I bet there are literally no other alternatives. Traffic builds up on routes because there are no better routes or methods from getting from point A to point B. Even when the whole thing gets worse, you have no choice but to pile into the poo poo.

There's nowhere that 95 goes that you can't reach by taking surface streets or another highway.

My experience is also that Google has an extreme preference for 95 over other routes in the northeast. Like I've begrudgingly accepted that Google's fastest route is usually actually faster than whatever I can come up with, even if it's more annoying to drive, but it really will try to put you on 95 over all other alternatives even when it's very clear that taking 95 will mean sitting in nightmare traffic that doesn't exist on other routes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

MickeyFinn posted:

But there are alternatives, especially for through traffic