Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

If nothing else, Conquest mode is getting me to snap more often. Just get it the gently caress over with.

Hmmm, I'm sure this is the customer feedback the dev's crave on day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Haha I was just coming in here to bitch about how it was too long, glad to see I'm not the only one

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So the new Lady Deathstrike crushes my deck with Collector and Cage

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
y'all have ladder if you want short games, conquest (and battle mode before that) are literally for people who want a longer session against the same opponent

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Should've done three rounds, most cubes at the end wins. A fixed length, rather than letting it drag out forever.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I got to the second match in Gold on my first run. My Sera deck had no real answers for new Galactus, only won one round out of 6. Used to be able to save Shang Chi and win T6 but that doesn't work anymore now that they're focusing more on Wolverine/Nimrod lines, and G-man himself has more power. Thinking Cosmo might be a good sub in for Scarlet Witch or Lizard.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1668640971398037504

Guess I should've posted this

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, I guess Conquest isn't all bad. I finally got a nice mystery variant.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kalman posted:

Should've done three rounds, most cubes at the end wins. A fixed length, rather than letting it drag out forever.

it's already a fixed length, there's no way to gain cubes only lose them

i guess it can last ages if you're not snapping strategically? idk what to say other than 'do that, lol'

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
My last match went 8 rounds.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
small sample size but i regularly have gone 5 rounds. Probably means my deck is poo poo lmao.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've just started snapping immediately. Either I lose and concede right away or I win and don't have far to go. It just isn't fun to use play against someone and know each others' decks over and over, there's no real surprise or strategy. Either needs to be a draft and you have the same decks, or let you pick 3 decks and switch in between like pokemon or something

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Opopanax posted:

I've just started snapping immediately. Either I lose and concede right away or I win and don't have far to go. It just isn't fun to use play against someone and know each others' decks over and over, there's no real surprise or strategy. Either needs to be a draft and you have the same decks, or let you pick 3 decks and switch in between like pokemon or something
I agree, I played a lot today and coming in and seeing you have a bad matchup takes all of the interest out of the format, there's nothing you can do, you need to keep stomping on rakes over and over again despite knowing it's not going to work.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Ninurta posted:

I love this variant but also, this is another thing that Second Dinner doesn't seem too clear about.

Spider Man and Miles Morales: Spider Man are different cards. Thor and Jane Foster: Thor are different cards.

Why is Robbie Reyes relegated to being a variant? He's been the current Ghost Rider for almost a decade. Are they never going to do another Robbie Reyes variant for Ghost Rider?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Definitely wasn't very forward-thinking on their part. I thought the exact same thing. I think making Superior Spider-Man and Doc Ock the same character was pretty dumb too.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
conquest can be a bit slow but i appreciate having the option for longer more strategic games - sure it sucks to get matched against a hard counter deck but you can always just concede after the first few games and get losing out of the way, or snap aggressively to see if you can bluff them.

the upside to it is it does feel a bit more "interactive" even if you arent playing a deck that actually interacts with an opponents card, eg i had a game where seeing their off-archetype shang chi in round 1 informed my game winning play turn 6 where i had 3 9+ options in hand along with doom - i would probably have played a HE hulk to definitely lock a lane, but instead of risking getting hit by shang i opted for doom and hoped that he would keep me above their turn 6 play, which turned out to be the difference between winning and losing.

if i just wanna throw cards i can always play for cubes, but its nice having the option there to mix it up a bit. its also a nicer way (for me) to get a feel for how different decks play, because rather than just seeing one snapshot and moving on you see a larger spread of ways they can play and what you might expect to see next time you face it

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ninurta posted:

If nothing else, Conquest mode is getting me to snap more often. Just get it the gently caress over with.

Hmmm, I'm sure this is the customer feedback the dev's crave on day 1.

I very much doubt they also want the feedback that not only are there bots in Conquest, there are the omniscient cheating bots that always beat you by 1. It's a rigged game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Ugh. I know snapping on Ego is a meme, but he's never won me a game, ever. It's a stupid way to lose 8 cubes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

Ugh. I know snapping on Ego is a meme, but he's never won me a game, ever. It's a stupid way to lose 8 cubes.
Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever won with him either

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The key to winning with Ego is to have a simple deck. Patriot? Sure. Stuff with Doom? Probably good. Destroy? Not great. Anything needing to combo? Absolutely not.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever won with him either

I've won exactly once, but lost every other time. On the flipside, Agatha always wins for me.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Jedit posted:

I very much doubt they also want the feedback that not only are there bots in Conquest, there are the omniscient cheating bots that always beat you by 1. It's a rigged game.

Judging by the thread, Ben Brode is carefully coding in new ways to screw over you specifically every month. That’s the sort of bespoke game design you don’t see too much of these days.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I really want the game to stop rolling the "win match" daily when it's also only giving me full high evo/galactus decks to go up against with my piddling series one collection. Every other daily is kind of doable but this one really feels impossible sometimes. Maybe I should just try blind snapping on turn one to bait a retreat.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Smiling Knight posted:

Judging by the thread, Ben Brode is carefully coding in new ways to screw over you specifically every month. That’s the sort of bespoke game design you don’t see too much of these days.

There's times when I'm just sorely vexed. But I'm seeing reports from other people that they're facing the omniscient bots as well, so this isn't just me.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Jedit posted:

There's times when I'm just sorely vexed. But I'm seeing reports from other people that they're facing the omniscient bots as well, so this isn't just me.
I'm not 100% sure if I'm facing bots, but I know I played a set against a bounce deck this morning that drew turn 1 Kitty 6 out of 7 matches. I'm a sweaty infinite player and Conquest is still kicking my rear end, it feels like an epic lovely luck streak and running into decks specifically tuned to be my worst matchups repeatedly. Also getting the same punishing locations repeatedly in the same set. I'm not sure it's bots yet, but something feels off.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Ninurta posted:

Gaaaah I want this one so bad it hurts

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just got Master Mold time to make the shittiest deck based around filling the other person's hand with Sentinels.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I keep frustratingly ping-ponging between 89 and 85.. I keep getting bad hands or edged out by decks I don't do well against like this Venom-Nimrod thing going around.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It took a while, one of my matches went 7 drat rounds...but I beat Gold mode and have my Infinity ticket for when that goes live, and bought all but one of the items in the Medal Store, and will just churn out some Proving and Silver rounds to get the ~100 medals I need for the oh-so-desirable title...ugh.

My Mystery Variant from the Medal Shop ended up being the Secret Wars Viper, which is cool, but I never play her...though I was getting my rear end kicked by a Viper/Goblin/Sentry deck in my FIRST attempt to win Gold, so maybe I'll give that deck a shot?

I do at least appreciate Conquest for being a mostly consequence-free way to try out new decks (at least on Proving Grounds...and honestly, since that's pretty easy to win, Silver is mostly consequence free, just have to spend five minutes winning a Proving match.)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Good day for mystery variants. I now have four different Rhinos somehow.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
First silver game guy played armor perfectly to stuff my destroy deck and then misplayed it every other game. I was about to concede after the first game!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I have over 6,000 tokens, I don't play move so I don't care anything about silk, I have Iron Lad pinned. Think I should pick him up or wait for something else?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

New Leaf posted:

I have over 6,000 tokens, I don't play move so I don't care anything about silk, I have Iron Lad pinned. Think I should pick him up or wait for something else?

I’d say cards like Iron Lad, Jeff, and later this month, Spider Ham are all good cards that you’d want in your collection but aren’t really build around cards. I’m gonna get Ham but I’m saving my tokens for when Jeff falls because that’s a great card but it’s general utility.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

New Leaf posted:

I don't see silk as a move deck card as much as I do a strong stat card that moves

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Shanna dropped to P3 and so is now the only P3 I don't have.

There's no downside to getting her from the shop for free, right?

Like...I worry the day after I nab her, they'll suddenly announce a change where you can get a free P3 card OR 1000 free tokens that I'm saving for..uhh...poo poo, I don't even know, probably Spider-Ham when he's released? Silk is there now, but seems she's more limited...like, you'd better hope she moves to wear Kraven is, otherwise...eh? Big deal? I mean, yeah, she also makes Miles only cost 1, but in a decent Move deck basically he should cost 1 ANY time after T1.

Edit: Oh snap, didn't notice she's a 2/5. I guess that's good. Still holding out for Spider-Ham, though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't see silk as a move deck card as much as I do a strong stat card that moves

I put her in my C5 deck but every time I play it in conquest I get some power altering locations or Monster Island so I assume she's cursed.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Shanna dropped to P3 and so is now the only P3 I don't have.

There's no downside to getting her from the shop for free, right?

Nope! Get at leisure.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

I’d say cards like Iron Lad, Jeff, and later this month, Spider Ham are all good cards that you’d want in your collection but aren’t really build around cards. I’m gonna get Ham but I’m saving my tokens for when Jeff falls because that’s a great card but it’s general utility.

I have Jeff, bought him last time he dropped a rank, so I may as well get Lad. He shows up pretty often in decks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I bought the duck when he first debuted but I regret it. I had iron lad and it seemed like a good fit but actual results didnt match expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I think my favorite snap players are the ones who lose 8 cubes in the first round of proving grounds and decide to play it out. Dogg the BEST case scenario is you win the next 5 rounds straight and I'm not retreating and dragging it out even further. Just concede my guy and start over.