Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

pidan posted:

Take your bike on trains whenever you like but understand that your bike is low priority when there's no space.
Also if there's rules about not taking bikes during rush hour then obey them lol, what kind of commuter train doesn't have those.

like i said, non of the commuter trains in berlin have rules for this; it's a free for all every morning in the U and S Bahn. The only thing we can do is be as rude as possible to the people who take their bikes onto the trains during rush hour and judge them with our stares and/or disapproving shakes of the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
I‘m hella judging the dude that put his backpack on the seat next to him on the bus, right now. He‘ll notice any second now and offer me the seat, im sure.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Maybe that American lady was right about us germans

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I ran into a somewhat odd thing during apartment hunting, and was wondering if somebody else here might have some insight. Basically the place in question (located in here Germany) is owned by a brit, who is using a brit real estate firm to handle the whole thing. They just contacted me with their procedure, and it just sounded kinda unusual compared to what I'm used to. Basically their deal is that they've got an ordered waiting list for viewings, and the first person to make a firm offer during a viewing gets it, which I haven't encountered yet but fair enough I guess. The more unusual (to me, at least) thing was they also offer a thing where if you agree to give them first months' rent and security deposit ahead of time to hold in escrow, you get guaranteed first pick of the place, and if you don't take it you get the money back.

I'm not gonna go for that anyway because gently caress that, but does that sound kind of suspect to anybody else? Is that actually a common arrangement either here or in Britain? Kinda smells like it'd be ripe for some nonsense along the lines of "whoops we had to charge something for currency conversion/service/holding/because gently caress you, also you only get it back in half a year tops, anyway if you object have fun suing us across the channel". Also they posted the waiting list with full real names online on their site which seems, uh, not ideal in terms of privacy concerns. :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I thought "scam" from the second sentence on.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I'd say everything up to the first comma already spells "scam"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Thanks for checking me on that, I looked into it some more and it 100% is a scam. The company in question is named specifically to be nearly impossible to google (Privacy Real Estate Ltd.), doesn't seem to show up in any registry, their domain was registered literally two days ago, and turns out the pictures they used to for the place are also used for a different apartment in loving Salzburg. Time to meld them everywhere I can I guess.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Perestroika posted:

Thanks for checking me on that, I looked into it some more and it 100% is a scam. The company in question is named specifically to be nearly impossible to google (Privacy Real Estate Ltd.), doesn't seem to show up in any registry, their domain was registered literally two days ago, and turns out the pictures they used to for the place are also used for a different apartment in loving Salzburg. Time to meld them everywhere I can I guess.

It's like one of the most basic scams I'm surprised this is the first time you run into it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

niethan posted:

It's like one of the most basic scams I'm surprised this is the first time you run into it

Just got lucky so far I suppose, until now I mostly just ended up in places referred to me through friends and acquaintances, or got lucky with one of the very first places I looked at. This is the first time I'm really trawling listings for a prolonged time. :shobon:

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

niethan posted:

Don't shame them for double-checking, dude

Son of Rodney posted:

Fußballfans on trains during any time

"Dunkelkammer, Dunkelkammer, hey, hey'
Bortmund fans after ausdrehing the lights on their own train, and I was there to fremdschäm myself for them, welp...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Der Zug brennt, der Zug brennt fa lala lala
- Fußballfans after setting the train they are in on fire

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Good times Gute Zeiten

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

I cannot understand that you are allowed to take bikes with you on public transport during rush hour here lol.

Like, maybe learn from the netherlands, a country that knows a thing or two about handling bike traffic:

We had NS staff too at some point, but it just didn't work out I guess.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...te-9992884.html

Berlin is doomed. Geliefert wie bestellt, as they say.

quote:

Keine neuen Radwege mehr für Berlin, wenn dafür auch nur ein Pkw-Stellplatz wegfällt: Die Senatsverkehrsverwaltung hat die Bezirke gebeten, Radwegprojekte vorerst zu stoppen. Eine dementsprechende E-Mail aus der Abteilung Verkehrsmanagement der Senatsverwaltung an den Bezirk Lichtenberg liegt dem Tagesspiegel vor.

„Die neue Hausleitung unserer Senatsverwaltung wird künftig andere Maßstäbe an die Straßenaufteilung setzen“, heißt es in der Mail. In Abstimmung mit Manja Schreiner (CDU), der neuen Senatorin für Mobilität und Verkehr, würden derzeit keine Stellungnahmen, Prüfungen, Anhörungen oder ähnliches mehr zu Radverkehrsplanungen vorgenommen.

Es sollen alle Projekte vorübergehend ausgesetzt werden, die auch nur einen Autostellplatz gefährden oder den Wegfall von einem oder mehr Fahrstreifen zur Folge haben. Außerdem soll Tempo 30 weder auf langen Strecken, noch zum Lückenschluss ausgewiesen werden. Lediglich besondere Anträge wie von Kitas und Schulen sollen weiterhin geprüft und umgesetzt werden.

Man, I hate this car-centric country so so much.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

CDU stoppt HABECK'S FAHRRADTERROR

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah it’s turbo hosed especially considering the leaps we made during the roni years.

There’s so many lovely Radwege that don’t ever get fixed, sometimes for reasons like „if we renovated them we’d have to adhere to new regulations and there’s no space to make them wide enough“ and that was even before Giffey decided she’d push us all down the large scale industrial Fleischwolf

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

In bubatz-news surprising absolutely no-one, Cannabis-Club owners are raising a stink over how lovely the Gesetzesentwurf for legalization is

https://www.lto.de/fileadmin/files/studium-referendariat/Gesetzentwurf-090523.pdf

tl;dr (the feedback from the clubs, not the Gesetzesentwurf):
- the Verwaltungsaufwand for clubs due to the law is going to go through the loving roof
- due to clubs being limited to 500 members, the Mitgliedsbeiträge / price for weed they offer is going to be absurd
- there is absolutely no reality where the Bundesdemand for weed can be covered by cannabis clubs
- cannabis clubs can't be within 250m of Kitas, schools, "Sportstätten" and Spielplätze, nor will you be allowed to consume weed within 250m of those places (someone took the liberty to apply this rule to Hamburg and could come up with the huge number of zero places inside Hamburg where you can have a cannabis club or smoke week)
- cannabis clubs will therefore be relegated to the absolute boondocks outside cities or possibly Industriegebiete

So under the current draft of the law, legal weed will only be available on the rear end-end of nowhere and be so scarce and expensive that people will probably just illegally the weed they grow themselves and the Schwarzmarkt won't disappear at all

summa summarum: :lol:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

lmao I wonder if this’ll lead to the reanimation of villages that were basically abandoned re: schools but still have train stations

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

It's called Förderung strukturschwacher Räume you snob

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

lol new traffic senator wants to connect the ends of the stadtautobahn, this is beyond hosed if true but otoh consider the critical mass opportunities for Sternfahrt, just ride in circles

https://twitter.com/nickscharioth/status/1669560602363146241?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
You vote CDU, you get CDU: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/...te-9992884.html

Ist ja jetzt auch mal genug. Die Autofahrer in Deutschland mussten ja wohl schon genug leiden.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Thing is there was a majority for just trucking on, turns out giffey is a ludicrously massive shithead

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
Not surprised in the least considering she absolutely ruled out respecting the results of Enteignungs-Volksentscheid.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Bad day to be a cyclist in Berlin lol

https://twitter.com/glr_berlin/status/1669622783569952770?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

https://twitter.com/constzerger/status/1669592944280498177?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

summa summarum: :lol:
Oh no. I was looking forward to register the consumption of a substance that can cost your Führerschein when you are driving within weeks of said consumption.

So far, this is "no seriously Wähler, see, we tried and now something exists, we did our job". I believe in the legalization as soon as you are allowed to grow your own and consume it outside. Offering 20 milligrams of weed a month for 5000€ after registering with the state isn't legalization, at least in my Sprachgebrauch. It's an insult in multiple ways.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If only someone had licked those aphids, this could have been avoided

RabbitWizard posted:

Oh no. I was looking forward to register the consumption of a substance that can cost your Führerschein when you are driving within weeks of said consumption.

So far, this is "no seriously Wähler, see, we tried and now something exists, we did our job". I believe in the legalization as soon as you are allowed to grow your own and consume it outside. Offering 20 milligrams of weed a month for 5000€ after registering with the state isn't legalization, at least in my Sprachgebrauch. It's an insult in multiple ways.

Wait, did they change that again? The last I heard about the Gesetzesentwurf was that you can grow your own and smoke it yourself as much as you like (lol 250m rule)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, did they change that again? The last I heard about the Gesetzesentwurf was that you can grow your own and smoke it yourself as much as you like (lol 250m rule)
I also heard Star Citizen will come out soon ;) Is there a consensus by now and this will definitely happen? Are we just waiting for a Fax to go through? If that's the case I missed the news.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ideas pitch meeting in the Lindenstrasse writers room is gonna be real short this week

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

I also heard Star Citizen will come out soon ;) Is there a consensus by now and this will definitely happen? Are we just waiting for a Fax to go through? If that's the case I missed the news.

Not sure if you followed the development of the current Gesetzesentwurf since Lauterbach's press conference, but this version is already the comically-watered-down version of legal weed. The Star Citizen in this case would be the original promise by the coalition, namely actually-legalized sale and growing of weed by professional means.
They mulled over it for roughly a year and then went "whoopsiedoodles, yeah this isn't vereinbar with EU law" (weird how what's happening in the Netherlands is somehow possible, and yes, I know that there are some additional legal clusterfucks up there as well, but hell, you can buy and smoke weed), and instead went for decriminalization of growing and consuming weed for personal use, and decided that the only way to bring weed to the people that don't grow themselves was cannabis clubs (and lol @ that for the above mentioned issues).

What we're getting is a low-budget, accelerated clone of Star Citizen, the actual Star Citizen is still never happening if you ask me.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The Dutch situation is specifically what we don't want, because there the entire supply chain is illegal while there is plenty of demand. The Netherlands has a serious organised crime problem as a result of its policies.

Just make growing your own stuff legal and leave sharing *wink* illegal (as if anyone would ever get prosecuted for that). Anything more ambitious (or useful) is inherently impossible because for that you need a Bundesrat majority.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Zwille posted:

Bad day to be a cyclist in Berlin lol

"In Berlin sorgt der Urin...", a story old as Berlin and Urin.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

Just make growing your own stuff legal and leave sharing *wink* illegal (as if anyone would ever get prosecuted for that). Anything more ambitious (or useful) is inherently impossible because for that you need a Bundesrat majority.

Don't think this is really practical in any way for most of the German population. Flowering weed is extreme geruchsbelästigung when you grow it on the balcony. And if you get a grow tent with lights and an air filter, where the gently caress are you gonna put it. In the living room?

This entire half-assed decriminalization attempt is just embarrassing.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Legalize it first and then amend the current laws. Much easier that way than trying everything at once. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when that first step is finally done.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

RabbitWizard posted:

So far, this is "no seriously Wähler, see, we tried and now something exists, we did our job".
So SPD in a nutshell, then.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Zwille posted:

lol new traffic senator wants to connect the ends of the stadtautobahn, this is beyond hosed if true but otoh consider the critical mass opportunities for Sternfahrt, just ride in circles

https://twitter.com/nickscharioth/status/1669560602363146241?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

That's already an incredible congested rear end street there. Really won't change much.

If they build an Autobahn there underground, it would own incredibly much actually.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Haramstufe Rot posted:

If they build an Autobahn there underground, it would own incredibly much actually.

Sadly, only possible if Berlin gets teleported to some place with more stable, less "is a drained swamp"-like ground. Maybe Berlin can be set up new on the moon?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

You can totes build a Stadtautobahn on a bridge, China does it all the time. Though maybe in Berlin that's also impossible for swamp reasons.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Libluini posted:

Sadly, only possible if Berlin gets teleported to some place with more stable, less "is a drained swamp"-like ground. Maybe Berlin can be set up new on the moon?

Yes please, can they take Bayern with them?

pidan posted:

You can totes [...] China does it all the time.

Fantastic point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

What about a Stadtautobahn that is alternating between untergrund for one block and on Pfeiler the next I bet China hasn’t done this before