Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I got to go up on stage during a Lift Off/ABC Kids stage show and Mark Mitchell said my name

They probably got real upset at a full-grown goon barging their way onstage at a kid's stage show, I'm not surprised they called your name out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Chrpno posted:

Soula? Voula? Agape??

learning that Mr. Fish and Con the Fruiterer were the same person was a horrible realization for me as a young child

e: also the loving mayor from Round the Twist, it was a wild time

Autisanal Cheese fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 6, 2023

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I once went go-karting with the guy who played Rabbit in series 3 and 4 of Round the Twist, there’s my underwhelming claim to fame.

Inceltown posted:

Melbourne, they all look like that there.

Ignore the fact that his bar is in Sydney, he's a transplant.

As a lifelong Melbourne boy I apologise for this man’s existence.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
The bloke who played Hermes Endakis on Ship 2 Shore is a DJ in Melbourne who was doing bachelor parties last time I checked.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I went bowling and then to clubs with Ryhs Muldoon. He was a very strange guy

He told me he he used to yell "hey gently caress you" at the deaf presenter of playschool but covered his mouth, so she couldn't lip read. And also had his mistress with him while he'd just had a newborn baby that he showed us pictures of

I think he cowrote a children's book with Kevin Rudd, which is the most hosed up thing about him

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 9, 2023

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

The Peccadillo posted:

He told me he he used to yell "hey gently caress you" at the deaf presenter of playschool but covered his mouth, so she couldn't lip read. And also had his mistress with him while he'd just had a newborn baby that he showed us pictures of

I think he cowrote a children's book with Kevin Rudd, which is the most hosed up thing about him

Sounds like a loose unit

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Chrpno posted:

Can I say I once sat on John's wood on the Blue Heelers police station set

Nice

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/gp2tu9a.mp4

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Half the time the Bunnings staff I get don't even know where to find stuff in the store (thank goodness for their app). Not going to trust them to be life coaches.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

The Peccadillo posted:

One of my friends painted his portrait a few years back for the Archibald. Confirmed he's a very strange dude.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lolie posted:

Half the time the Bunnings staff I get don't even know where to find stuff in the store (thank goodness for their app). Not going to trust them to be life coaches.

They're helping you find you, give them a break.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
Rhys Muldoons episode of Farscape was so good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just keep thinking Stoat Muldoon from Butt Ugly Martians.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I work in TV these days so I have met heaps of the lunatics.

I have a lot of cool experiences, but talking to George Spartels about Mad Max III was a highlight.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I work in TV these days so I have met heaps of the lunatics.

I have a lot of cool experiences, but talking to George Spartels about Mad Max III was a highlight.

Let me ask an important question:

Have you ever met David Field or heard any David Field stories.

Bloke always plays absolute arseholes or mad cunts or cops, and I always enjoy finding out if they're like that in real life too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Bloke always plays absolute arseholes or mad cunts or cops, and I always enjoy finding out if they're like that in real life too.

In my experience it seems they're either not really acting OR they are the nicest people irl out of character. Very little in between.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

A film enhanced by the music of, and diminished by the acting of, more recently bereaved father Kick Knave.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
:gary:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://archive.org/details/agro-album

Agro made the Thong Song before Sisqo!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lolie posted:

The Bunnings app has ruined every other store's online presence.

Bunnings - okay, it's aisle 53, bay 7. If it's in low stock in your selected store, would you like to see stock levels for that item in the nearest ten other stores?

Every other store - maybe we stock it, maybe we don't. Not gonna tell you poo poo, oval office.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mega Chonk

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The Bunnings app has ruined every other store's online presence.

Bunnings - okay, it's aisle 53, bay 7. If it's in low stock in your selected store, would you like to see stock levels for that item in the nearest ten other stores?

Every other store - maybe we stock it, maybe we don't. Not gonna tell you poo poo, oval office.

Pretty sure IKEA's app does this. Their website definitely does.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Which of you was the 3 day growth, aging hipster whose beer fuelled diet was well and truly evident that I spotted this afternoon carrying a unblemished skateboard with the deck art saying "It's Always Sunny in Petersham"?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

bee posted:

Yeah IKEA’s app gives you everything you need to know right there including aisle, section, shelf, stock levels in other stores, and any other related bits and pieces that might go with whatever you’re buying.

Also in Bunnings-related news I’m going to be helping out with a sausage sizzle in August some time. Wish me luck.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Also in Bunnings-related news I’m going to be helping out with a sausage sizzle in August some time. Wish me luck.

May God have mercy on your soul, Det. Sgt. Bargearse.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

bee posted:

They can help you find your kolon!

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Same

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

:australia:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Speaking of which, are we seeing a resurgence of the old fashioned big deep-fried spring rolls? Not the flaky yum cha selection ones, but the golden, leathery, big cock sized ones full of cabbage mush. Had plenty of them in the 80s (with a shitload of salt) but didn't see them for years... now they're back!

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Autisanal Cheese posted:

May God have mercy on your soul, Det. Sgt. Bargearse.

It's a piece of piss. You just go up to their table and say here's your bloody food! Now I'm off to get a job in the best restaurant in town!

Stuff this. Nobody appreciates fine food in this town.

seriouspost, it's for the Freemasons raising money for Eastern Palliative Care :mason: no, they don't even let me near the UFOs

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

No, I have not.

But what I can retain is:

Rove Mcmanus is insane, always 'on', but nice enough.

Nobody likes KAK

Diesel is humble, self efficient and professional.

Kamahl is very funny.

Ray Martin has incredibly warm hands.

Penn is taller than you think and responds well to mentioning very obscure bands he has been involved with, Teller is incredibly kind and talks about as much as anyone else.

George Lazenby is lecherous as gently caress and looks like a ballsack.

George Takei is as awesome as you would expect.

Hanson are surprisingly great to hang out with.

Grant Denyer is one of my favourite people to work with.

Dave Hughes is a wanker.

As for stories, not many notable ones as everything is pretty run of the mill or just fades away into the big nothing.

One of the funniest was hearing about George Calombaris having an epic meltdown after someone suggested he do a cross-promotion for Pizza Hut or something on a guest spot cos they were sponsoring whatever it was. I think the exec that sent some poor assistant to bring it up slipped out a back door cos you could hear it throughout the building.

The best story was the dwarf pony with diarrhea. Obviously.

Chrpno posted:

Speaking of which, are we seeing a resurgence of the old fashioned big deep-fried spring rolls? Not the flaky yum cha selection ones, but the golden, leathery, big cock sized ones full of cabbage mush. Had plenty of them in the 80s (with a shitload of salt) but didn't see them for years... now they're back!

Get a 4 pack from the big shops and chuck em in your air fryer.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 15, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i think i might be a distant relation of roves

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Grant Denyer is one of my favourite people to work with.

Dave Hughes is a wanker.

Not surprised by either of these tbqh

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Not surprised by either of these tbqh

Me neither, though I never thought that I would ever have to read this sentence:

George Lazenby is lecherous as gently caress and looks like a ballsack.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

https://youtu.be/KlywHEiueJU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

To Det. Sgt. Bargearse, who ended his series the same way he started it.

With a fart joke.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
There's a few sydney goons who are freemasons, if you don't tease them as badly as I did maybe they'll let you put on their white gloves pfffft hahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Diesel is humble, self efficient and professional.

Seems like the guy is the most boring, nice guy there ever was. Doesn't seem to have any personality beyond "Barnsey's little mate"