Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Looks like Tubi now has almost all of the Lupin III movies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

GateOfD posted:

Wtf, the new Transformer movie is actually good! What a surprise

Bumblebee was quite good. I recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anonymous Robot posted:

Looks like Tubi now has almost all of the Lupin III movies!

Tubi really is the best streaming service.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Steven Caple Jr said Michael Bay advised him to not put in too much emotional moments with the Transformers because CGI is expensive.

Probably why these movies should be animated.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The MSJ posted:

Steven Caple Jr said Michael Bay advised him to not put in too much emotional moments with the Transformers because CGI is expensive.

he's right

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BenjaminCrew1/status/1668975244671963137?s=20

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wait, Maribel is playing Nora Allen in The Flash?

Barry can't you see, please don't try to strangle me. This universe could be wrong, cause I'm in love with Barry's mom.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Finally a Hollywood release schedule that makes me confront my own mortality

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1505327720129040384?s=20

can't wait for this to leak and nobody gives a poo poo

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Didn't it come out that it's just a short film?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

Didn't it come out that it's just a short film?

They're expecting people to wait 100 years for a short film? I won't even wait for a short film to download.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

It's not even a short film, it's a commercial for cognac.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/gggrlck/status/1668784169931927552?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he put his bah sheep in me

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Flying Zamboni posted:

It's not even a short film, it's a commercial for cognac.
So they make the commercial when they press the grapes?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Saw the Little Mermaid and I am very disappointed to say that it is not the Cats-level visual catastrophe I was led to believe. It was butt-ugly, but mostly in a very bland way, some musical numbers got busy like a wimmelpicture but nothing really stands out as noticeably off-putting. Which is a shame, as the movie is completely boring otherwise. Ursula is the biggest offender, she just has no oomph to her performance, is not chewing even a little bit of scenery. Everybody is weirdly subdued like that, it just is most noticeable when the original is like this

and Melissa McCarthy is barely smirking in most of her scenes. It's all just very static and lifeless.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Grendels Dad posted:

Saw the Little Mermaid and I am very disappointed to say that it is not the Cats-level visual catastrophe I was led to believe. It was butt-ugly, but mostly in a very bland way, some musical numbers got busy like a wimmelpicture but nothing really stands out as noticeably off-putting. Which is a shame, as the movie is completely boring otherwise. Ursula is the biggest offender, she just has no oomph to her performance, is not chewing even a little bit of scenery. Everybody is weirdly subdued like that, it just is most noticeable when the original is like this

and Melissa McCarthy is barely smirking in most of her scenes. It's all just very static and lifeless.

Sounds like it’s a case where, in trying to update a children’s property for a primarily adult audience, they became embarrassed of the original work and tried to make it more mature.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Just seems that since midway through Beauty and the Beast the house style for the disney remakes became avoiding any kind of flourish whatsoever. The most dynamic thing in Jungle Book is the credits.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Grendels Dad posted:

busy like a wimmelpicture.

Huh. I didn't know there was a word for that. Dig it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Less_HumbleTeej/status/1669385803016056835?s=20

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This film rules.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Why would anyone want to fight Michael Jai White? Michael's awesome and seems like a pretty cool guy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gatts posted:

Why would anyone want to fight Michael Jai White? Michael's awesome and seems like a pretty cool guy.

they're not the Vindicator

or the Victimizer

or the Vaporizer

or the Vibrator!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

josh04 posted:

Just seems that since midway through Beauty and the Beast the house style for the disney remakes became avoiding any kind of flourish whatsoever. The most dynamic thing in Jungle Book is the credits.

I discovered recently that there's a cohort of Disney fans who loving hate Emma Watson because allegedly she had a bunch of demands about her dress which went against classic ballgown construction so the movie dress looks like poo poo to dress nerds and they had to CGI the skirt in the dancing scene to make it move right.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Alan Smithee posted:

or the Victimizer

or the Vaporizer

or the Vibrator!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Alan Smithee posted:

or the Victimizer

or the Vaporizer

or the Vibrator!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1669295090123124740?t=DlQxbJxH2qPjhTvD8NQ-3w&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ralphbakshi/status/1669555884585021442?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Grendels Dad posted:

So pretty much all the soul taken out and replaced with lifeless acting like every other live action Disney attempt

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Grendels Dad posted:

Melissa McCarthy’s a fine actress and can put out some great work, but she really can’t live up to animators summoning Divine from beyond the grave.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The villains are certainly the most effected, Disney villains always had great exaggerated facial expressions and just so much character in their animation in general. It's almost impossible to recreate that in live action unless maybe you cast Nic Cage as the villain in every movie or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grendels Dad posted:

You will be able to go back and watch CATS (2019), you will not be able to do this for any of the Disney Live Action Remakes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

This film rules.

It looks amazing, I just did a 7 day trial of a martial arts Amazon channel so I can watch it. Hopefully it's not a poo poo transfer though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You will be able to go back and watch CATS (2019), you will not be able to do this for any of the Disney Live Action Remakes.

No one will ever want to

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I will.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Failed Imagineer posted:

No one will ever want to

I own Cats on blu ray, coward

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's no question people will be watching CATS in a decade. No one will ever watch those Disney Live Action remakes outside of the weekend they come out.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
I watched I Like Movies last night and it was exactly the kind of unlikable loser movie I love but can only watch a couple times a year. It reminded me of like a meaner Rushmore, or Zero Charisma, a story about an actually socially awkward train wreck with a hobby I can relate to. A perfectly equal number of genuine laughs, cringing through squinted eyes, and painfully empathetic moments. The video store manager, Alana (Romina D'Ugo) was fantastic, I predicted her character arc and scenes incorrectly like 4 different times but they all made perfect sense in retrospect.

I highly recommend it. I suspect many of you will feel personally attacked. The lead 100% would have created an account here when the movie timeline ticked over to 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=godMZzeWTu0

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why would anyone feel attacked

no one here likes movies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yep. i LOVE THEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I did a 3 year run at Blockbuster Video in the early 2000s and it was definitely a disillusioning experience because of course as a kid/teenager the video store has a sort of magic to it. It's where the movies live. But then you start working there and it's all corporate and yea just like in that trailer you end up getting about a thousand copies of Shrek or the latest Segal atrocity and nobody who works there even particularly enjoys movies that much. It's a job.