Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

GateOfD posted:

*also presses "No" button on story leaks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah no story leaks, yes character leaks and if they seem majorly plot relevant probably spoil the name? Like we know one of the 1.3 5* is Dan Heng which is really cool. The other is Fu Xuan do surprise the anime is playable.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Bland posted:

Why does it need to be talked about here in the first place though? If you really want to discuss leaked story spoilers then you can do it in whatever discord server or subreddit you read about it on.

My thought was it's weird to not be able to talk about some aspect of a thread's subject, but if no one wants it anyway, then it's a non-issue imo. Whatever people vote for

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I think it would be okay to talk about that aspect of the story, once that part of the story is out and we can actually play it.

Not sure there's really any point to discussing it here before then.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's kind of poo poo that Dan Heng is the worst Hunt character in the game, especially since March and Fireblazer only get outclassed by 5 star characters. Like his e4 is what is built into Sushang to start, and he never gets a skill point refund.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Walla posted:

It's kind of poo poo that Dan Heng is the worst Hunt character in the game, especially since March and Fireblazer only get outclassed by 5 star characters. Like his e4 is what is built into Sushang to start, and he never gets a skill point refund.

He isn't, though. He's actually #3 on the damage ratings for single-target DPS, behind only Seele and Yanqing.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It's also kinda hard to say exactly how strong M7 (and Nat) really are since there's not a whole lot to compare them to at this point. M7 is the best single-target shielder in the game!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

dan heng is strong he's just really boring

basic attack: hit enemy
skill: hit enemy harder
ultimate: hit enemy even harder

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Clemency? Never heard of it

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Once you get enough copies he does start having Seele-lite turns where he can act consecutively a bunch of times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dan heng is really good

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
these tier rankings are but a vision

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Dan Heng does slow which is like the best status effect in the game. Albeit sort of hard to notice.

Jabor posted:

I think it would be okay to talk about that aspect of the story, once that part of the story is out and we can actually play it.

Not sure there's really any point to discussing it here before then.

Yeah I think talking about contextless spoilers leaked through a game of telephone is probably less productive than not talking about it at all.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Bit late to the party but I'm also a no on discussing major story leaks in here. Character leaks are another story within reason since they're very helpful for planning ahead with the gacha.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

a great little bit for Dan Heng is he never smiles for his pictures or when looking at his phone

contrast with Tingyun who apparently loves to browse OnlyFoxians or w/e

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

UHD posted:

Yeah, basically. I don't have any better Hunt characters atm, so :shrug:

Meowywitch posted:

Clemency? Never heard of it

Leraika posted:

these tier rankings are but a vision

I hate that I can hear these in his voice lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i identify as an offensive healer irl

A harmacist if you will

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dan Heng is a high scaling unit that gets better the more you put into him. He really wants >50% crit in order to proc his slow consistently, or have a suppoet unit that can consistently apply slow. Once you have that though, his numbers get very large.

On the other hand, Sushang is very strong in low-mid investment (where more people are at right now), and can and does outperform DH, because the attack resets and lack of need for crit makes her easier to deal damage.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 15, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
dan hengs biggest problem is free unit bias

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People really don't understand how good guaranteed Slow is

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dan Heng would be a lot better if his slow was guaranteed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Someone sent me a message thanking me for keeping my Bailu on support. Good to feel helpful and justifies my reasoning of "it's always good to have access to a strong healer."

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think Dan Heng is fine if you just get him some of he typical carry relics with crit, and he then more or less guarantee the slow

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 15, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

He can also use the wind set and the wind set slaps. Top tier set.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Danakir posted:

Bit late to the party but I'm also a no on discussing major story leaks in here. Character leaks are another story within reason since they're very helpful for planning ahead with the gacha.

This take I 100% agree with. For people who don't care about story (I'm personally more on that side of spectrum), there's not much for them to lose by disallowing story spoilers, because guess what, they didn't care about story anyway. For those that do care about story, they have everything to lose if they accidentally mouseover spoiler tags.

Here's a non-story-related leak -- there's a double relics drop event coming up next week-ish, so save up your free SU relic token thingie! Although if it's anything like Genshin, you might only get the double drops for the first X relic dungeon runs you do each day.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UHD posted:

Is this not how Hunt characters work?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, that's basically how almost every carry unit works.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i never said it didn't apply to anyone else

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
at least dan heng doesn't do that stupid giggle that yanqing does whenever he ults

yanqing was my pity on the standard banner and i hate him!!!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The real tier list is how annoying ults get after seeing them a million times. Still fun every time, okay sped up, okay sped up and muted, terrible every time. I wish they had at least two voice clips they'd alternate between.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Illusions of the past. Disappear amongst the sea of butterflies!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sushang dropping a giant chicken on nerds never gets old

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

berenzen posted:

Illusions of the past. Disappear amongst the sea of butterflies!

I have no idea what any of that means and it cracks me up every time I use her

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I like to think Seele spent a long time trying to figure out a cool catchphrase and that’s what she arrived at.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Himeko’s ult line gets old fast

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Silver Wolf: I would simply do literally millions of damage with entanglement.

:sickos:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sampo's ult is king poo poo at both normal and 2x speed

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dmboogie posted:

sampo's ult is king poo poo at both normal and 2x speed

:agreed:

I love the poo poo out of Sampo, both as a combat unit as a character.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i love clara but the sped up "help me mr svarog" is really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

someone awful. posted:

i love clara but the sped up "help me mr svarog" is really bad

needs a "You're my only hope!" tacked on the end.

Serval's should be a 6 minute music video you can interrupt if you're in a hurry.