Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That's an unusual looking pug you've got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005
rolling around in some wood chips in the garden seems like a good idea

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Dead bird in bathroom, so what?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

YeahTubaMike posted:

:sympathy: I moved into my current, also bigger apartment 4 months ago, and I figured my cat would love it by now but alas. Good luck with your cat.

Good news now, at least! My cat has fully adjusted to the new apartment and has quickly taken up sunning on the balcony and staring out from the window as her new favorite hobbies.

The windowed side of the apartment gets a ton of summer sun and heat in the afternoon, so the floor is still toasty even at night. She's clearly in her glory. :D

E: does anyone's cat get excited after taking a poo poo? Sometimes my cat will use her litterbox then get really excited and run around the house from zoomies.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jun 15, 2023

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Good news now, at least! My cat has fully adjusted to the new apartment and has quickly taken up sunning on the balcony and staring out from the window as her new favorite hobbies.

The windowed side of the apartment gets a ton of summer sun and heat in the afternoon, so the floor is still toasty even at night. She's clearly in her glory. :D

E: does anyone's cat get excited after taking a poo poo? Sometimes my cat will use her litterbox then get really excited and run around the house from zoomies.

maybe the weight was holding her down

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

It is from this very site that I learned about the “poo ghosts”. Cats are just running away from the recently exercised ghosts that are hovering around their litter boxes.

Very few cats don’t run from the poo ghosts.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Found a couple of old pics of Mango

:haw:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

absolutely majestic

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Gwyn likes to sleep with his arms up high like he's on a rollercoaster:

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

Carth Dookie posted:

Found a couple of old pics of Mango

teef

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

:catdrugs:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Got my cat an automatic laser pointer that turns on every hour or so a couple weeks ago. She loves it too much. It ran out of battery last night and after waking up I walked into to her staring at the wall waiting for it to turn on

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
So far today, my cat has hogged the bed, then got up and yelled at me when I got out of bed, and then went back to my bed.

Somewhere in the middle of that, I scratched his chin and told him I love him.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

what the gently caress

yeah, wtf, I've never had a cat, but have been around plenty and i've never seen this. it doesn't even look comfortable.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

blight rhino posted:

yeah, wtf, I've never had a cat, but have been around plenty and i've never seen this. it doesn't even look comfortable.

Cats are unique in that they are comfortable in any position.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

fair.
cats are liquid

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

blight rhino posted:

She’s facing the bedroom door to protect the den from intruders.

The legs are an unfortunate compromise between the need to sleep and the need to quickly neutralize threats

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tarkus posted:

Can confirm

One of my cats likes to sleep almost bent over in a sitting position on the couch at times

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Enjoying the nice weather and open windows.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Lord Hydronium posted:

Enjoying the nice weather and open windows.

If cat's gonna just lay down and snooze like that then you better be diving in to that belleh face first and smooching that tummy like crazy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Got my cat an automatic laser pointer that turns on every hour or so a couple weeks ago. She loves it too much. It ran out of battery last night and after waking up I walked into to her staring at the wall waiting for it to turn on

I've been told never to do this, but especially with dogs, because some of them can basically get in a zone where they spend the rest of their natural lives staring at a wall waiting for a dot to appear. Like, actually sad poo poo where they cat or dog will just look at the wall every day for hours and hours just waiting for it to come back.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ChickenHeart posted:

Superfly continued her brutal war of attrition against the worm-on-a-stick toy and her owner's hands

hundreds have died

:mods: This is a French bulldog, not a cat?!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

If cat's gonna just lay down and snooze like that then you better be diving in to that belleh face first and smooching that tummy like crazy

I've been told never to do this, but especially with dogs, because some of them can basically get in a zone where they spend the rest of their natural lives staring at a wall waiting for a dot to appear. Like, actually sad poo poo where they cat or dog will just look at the wall every day for hours and hours just waiting for it to come back.

I had no idea that lasers were basically cat crack

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
neither of my cats care about lasers at all. one doesn't play, the other only plays with objects he can dig into.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She caught a rat! Clever girl!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I never got a laser pointer for my cat, but using my phone in the morning in the living room that I still don't have any curtains for is basically the same thing, as far as she's concerned.

Toxic Mental posted:

Well poo poo, I guess I should hurry up & get some curtains then. :effort:

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Lucyfur is sleeping in my lap while I'm reading important poo poo on something awful dot com.

Earlier today she was being an annoying shithead but all is forgiven now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She got another rat! Two in one day, what a good hunter!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Bit a costco sized pack of gum and then tried to eat some medical documents.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Slept on my bed, slept under my bed, slept on the bed again, got so many chin and ear scratchies that he drooled while he was purring

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Saw I had peanut butter, so he sat and waited...

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Pomme de Terror posted:

Saw I had peanut butter, so he sat and waited...

I love your username, avatar, and peanut butter-eating cat

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jeez, she's really going through the local rats. Two more dead, and it would have been three if my sister hadn't been around and made her let it go. She's sixteen years old and age hasn't slowed her down one bit.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

I think you just described humans and the UFO phenomenon

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
my cat got 2 new toys today and he isn't even playing with them

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

This is Shiro. Shiro is an rear end in a top hat.

Today he woke my wife up by standing on her and kneading her neck. Immediately after that he lost his mind because the fan blew on him so he tore around the bedroom like a maniac. He then cried until I got out of bed to take a poo poo, and cried about being shut out of the bathrooom. I let him in and then he cried about being shut in the bathroom. He got out and ran downstairs where he, you guessed it, cried for food. When he was fed he did his typical move of bulldozing all the food out of the bowl with his head and gobbled it up off of the floor. Then the wife and I left to do errands so he did god knows what. When we got back he pestered me while I cooked dinner and our breakfasts for the week. He got a morsel of browned hamburger then hosed off to the couch to sleep. Current whereabouts unknown but at least he finally shut up.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Took her thyroid medicine and managed to live another day as a 17 year old cat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Both of my cats seem to sleep more on Sunday for whatever reason. One of them was on a dining room chair for most of the day, and the other one on our bed.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I love your username, avatar, and peanut butter-eating cat

Thank you! Little dude now stalks me anytime I have a sandwich in the hopes it has peanut butter

And today he has discovered that if he sits in the kitchen window, there's a pretty gray cat in the neighbor's window that he can see

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Pomme de Terror posted:

Thank you! Little dude now stalks me anytime I have a sandwich in the hopes it has peanut butter

And today he has discovered that if he sits in the kitchen window, there's a pretty gray cat in the neighbor's window that he can see

One of my cats likes peanut butter, but only Peter Pan and Reece’s for some reason. She was all,” thanks but no thanks” when I offered her some jif I was eating with apple slices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Update. He is now watching Ratatouille.