Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1669489931679420416

Really full-tilt into racism at this point, we are like weeks away from a tape of him just screaming the n-word.

Nah, he's taking over Forza Italia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
she's going to ask musk to help develop a pro-natalist policy and within 30 years Italians will be extinct

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon will tweet the n word

elon was the calm hitler all along

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon will tweet the n word and the blue checkmarks will defend his right to do so because elon musk is african american

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

she's going to ask musk to help develop a pro-natalist policy and within 30 years Italians will be extinct

maybe he isn't so bad after all

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

But but but, if we support the rights of right wing speech than surely they would have to support left wing speech!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Lol what a little bitch

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

spacemang_spliff posted:

Parody reveals a deeper truth.

Satire is reveals a deeper truth you cretin

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

euphronius posted:

car dealers are politically powerful

that is the reason

in FL, for example, a lot of the car dealerships are owned by a handful of house reps and state reps

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

holy poo poo, this might be the most owned anyone has ever been. You can just scroll through it endlessly without finding a single supporting tweet.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Three Olives posted:

Really full-tilt into racism at this point, we are like weeks away from a tape of him just screaming the n-word.

discussing such matters as birth rates and ensuring a future for specific races of children

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon will tweet the n word and the blue checkmarks will defend his right to do so because elon musk is african american

thats right

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

evilmiera posted:

Big Blue Bird vs Gobblin' Google who will win in this battle of the birds??

All's I see is a couple of turkeys.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

motherfucker still has the twitter bird avatar!

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Why can't I hold all these fascists?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Virtual Russian posted:

holy poo poo, this might be the most owned anyone has ever been. You can just scroll through it endlessly without finding a single supporting tweet.

All he had to do is simply not reply but whatever is left of his conscience was just loud enough he got pissy and just had to

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

the milk machine posted:

*scrolling through pages of ads that people paid twitter to show to you, broken up here and there with animal snuff videos* im really sticking it to elon now

Only the things I want to see show up on my feed. My biggest problem is that the weird personal algorithm doesn’t show me tweets from people I follow that I know have happened. I haven’t seen a tweet on the TL from Japanese duck twitter or getfiscal in ages. This happened pre Elon though so I can’t blame him. Just click “following” not “for you”.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Jazerus posted:

sulla took over the government by force, killed most of his enemies, and then retired to his gently caress n suck manor in southern italy where he died of sex and wine before any consequences caught up with him at all

You're right. It's important to remember he had good sides, too.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1669423309337837569

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Just a Moron posted:

Lol what a little bitch

I would say he pissed away his journalistic integrity but I don’t think he ever had any

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It wouldn't be so hilariously tragic if he started with zero integrity.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Taibbi is a walking dril tweet it’s great you can’t buy that kind of publicity

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i know we've all bitched about the prominence and frequency of rightwing accounts on twitter, but i had a separate rage inducing realization today. i saw a tweet from an account that i follow but haven't seen in literally months. MONTHS. it was so long that i had nearly forgotten that they used to be a regular on my timeline. so when i saw her today i thought she must have taken a long break/vacation for whatever reason. NOPE. she's been tweeting multiple times a day, every day for weeks. i asked her and she never took a break after all this time.

it was then that i realized that not only have i not been seeing multiple people like her that i used to on a daily basis, but that i'm practically only seeing 5-10 of literally the same people that i actually follow. before i was angry that i just kept seeing shitheads like tim pool, matt walsh, and of course, elon, but it's become clear that it's even worse than that. that boer bozo has essentially eliminated 95% of the people i actually want to see from my tl.

loving hell

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You can just mute or block those weird little dudes?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All he had to do is simply not reply but whatever is left of his conscience was just loud enough he got pissy and just had to

Conscience? Pfft. He's probably just that dumb

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its exhaustive to mute all the little worms constantly and be doing this clicky ritual just to try to be able to enjoy something.

make no mistake, the goal of the boer is to whitenoise out your twitter feed so hard that your brain turns to aspic and you just throw your hands up and say "you know what, you're right, monkeys with brain implants are part of God's plan, but trans women aren't"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You can just mute or block those weird little dudes?

i can't though! i mean, for some people like tim pool and elon, i swear i've blocked them multiple times and they just keep coming back! :psyduck:

but more to the point, even for the others, it's like if i block one lovely blue check, ten more take their place. it's like dealing with multiple hydras (that like saying racial slurs). blocking them doesn't allow more of the good accounts to show up in their stead. it's just trading some lovely accounts for others :argh:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

i know we've all bitched about the prominence and frequency of rightwing accounts on twitter, but i had a separate rage inducing realization today. i saw a tweet from an account that i follow but haven't seen in literally months. MONTHS. it was so long that i had nearly forgotten that they used to be a regular on my timeline. so when i saw her today i thought she must have taken a long break/vacation for whatever reason. NOPE. she's been tweeting multiple times a day, every day for weeks. i asked her and she never took a break after all this time.

it was then that i realized that not only have i not been seeing multiple people like her that i used to on a daily basis, but that i'm practically only seeing 5-10 of literally the same people that i actually follow. before i was angry that i just kept seeing shitheads like tim pool, matt walsh, and of course, elon, but it's become clear that it's even worse than that. that boer bozo has essentially eliminated 95% of the people i actually want to see from my tl.

loving hell

why the hell are you using For You instead of Following

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Shipon posted:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Shipon posted:

why the hell are you using Twitter

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If you use Twitter on a laptop or whatever, that blue blocker extension is pretty drat good. It'll just block every blue check. After a few weeks you will barely see the weirdos.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
why would i not use twitter? it rocks, best freakshow online

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Shipon posted:

because unfortunately the "following" tab will post literally every tweet from a given person i follow. so for example, if someone makes 10 tweets in a row within the span of like a minute, every single one of those tweets will show up. it can get cluttered to hell with a lot of non-interesting poo poo. whereas before, it would usually post tweets from a particular user that had a really high "like" count. better than the "for you" tab for sure, but annoying in its own way

and all that being said, i would expect my "following" tab to be similar to the "for you" tab regardless :colbert:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

because unfortunately the "following" tab will post literally every tweet from a given person i follow. so for example, if someone makes 10 tweets in a row within the span of like a minute, every single one of those tweets will show up. it can get cluttered to hell with a lot of non-interesting poo poo. whereas before, it would usually post tweets from a particular user that had a really high "like" count. better than the "for you" tab for sure, but annoying in its own way

and all that being said, i would expect my "following" tab to be similar to the "for you" tab regardless :colbert:

skill issue, follow better accounts

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

uh yeah that's the point, to see the things your friends post

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I wonder if they were talking about birth rates in general, or if there was a specific skin color involved (I don't actually wonder this)

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mr Interweb posted:

loving hell

syq

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

That crafty Anglo will instead develop a pro-gauteng policy!

Quotey posted:

Only the things I want to see show up on my feed. My biggest problem is that the weird personal algorithm doesn’t show me tweets from people I follow that I know have happened. I haven’t seen a tweet on the TL from Japanese duck twitter or getfiscal in ages. This happened pre Elon though so I can’t blame him. Just click “following” not “for you”.

Go to their page and like a bunch of their tweets.

Just a Moron posted:

Satire is reveals a deeper truth you cretin

Can we not use medical conditions as insults?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Weka posted:

Can we not use medical conditions as insults?
You are late by like 3 millenniums. 2 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Perhaps stop using Twitter maybe, just a thought.