Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That makes sense. I don't know much about cars, just theirs always had a bit of a semi 4WD look.

An old school friend of mine hit a roo and got knocked out, he woke up in time to realise his car caught fire. I'm not sure what happened to the roo, it's entirely possible it hopped away.

Apparently kangaroos try to zigzag when they see an approaching threat, which probably works better against dingos than cars.

Dingos haven’t been on the continent long enough to drive much prey evolution.

It might have worked against thylacines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kangaroos occupy that niche in Australia and rural vehicles often have those giant Mad Max bumpers called 'roo bars' for that reason. You even see them on otherwise unassuming Subarus. (Subaru is or was popular in rural Australia, something about the styling works when you're on dirt roads some days and going into town others)

Subaroos

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CommissarMega posted:

God works in mys-deer-ious ways.
She was supposed to miss?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Biplane posted:

What have I doen

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mllaneza posted:

My mom hit the Money Deer.

She was coming home from work after a 4pm-midnite. A deer decides to commit suiced by automobile and leaps in front of her. It makes it far enough across the road that she hits it just behind the shoulder, square on the front bumper. Its head whips around and smashes in the side of the bumper. The deer goes out like flipping off a light switch, as humane as you can get.

Her insurance looks at it, totals the car, and writes her a check for Blue Book value. That's enough to pay off the note on the car, fix the front bumper, and have a few hundred left over. Mom goes from wondering if she can keep up payments, to owning the car free and clear in one instant on the way home one night. We still respect that deer's sacrifice.

F

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Its sacrifice will not be in venison.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Its sacrifice will not be in venison.
sensible-chuckle.gif

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Biplane posted:

What have I done

D'oh!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I lost track of tabs and spent 10 minutes carefully assembling the deer puns into a post for the funny forums quotes thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Splicer posted:

I lost track of tabs and spent 10 minutes carefully assembling the deer puns into a post for the funny forums quotes thread.

:justpost:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Additional deer pun

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Biplane posted:

What have I done

I think you mean

"Oh deerie me, what have I done"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Deer

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Platystemon posted:

Dingos haven’t been on the continent long enough to drive much prey evolution.

It might have worked against thylacines.

Would it have worked against those huge lizards that used to live there? Probably.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

Would it have worked against those huge lizards that used to live there? Probably.

The monarch and their family never actually lived in Australia. They visit sometimes to show their dominance.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kangaroos live in anticipation of hurling themselves bodily into the nearest vehicle moving at high speed. They are dumb fuckers and being mostly dense muscle can utterly gently caress up the vehicle they choose to merge with the front of.

Some higher-end motorcycle gloves use roo leather for the palms and fingertips because it's supposed to be as abrasion-resistant as cow leather that's twice as thick, so you can use thinner leather, feel the controls better (or dig your wallet out without taking your gloves off) and still be safe.

But now I'm wondering how much good it does the roos.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Phy posted:

Some higher-end motorcycle gloves use roo leather for the palms and fingertips because it's supposed to be as abrasion-resistant as cow leather that's twice as thick, so you can use thinner leather, feel the controls better (or dig your wallet out without taking your gloves off) and still be safe.

It's the material of choice for bullwhips, for the same reason. I do a little leatherworking and I've always wanted to do something with kangaroo leather, but it's expensive and I'm not skilled enough to make really good use of it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Splicer posted:

A second deer pun has hit the tower

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Usually, removing the skin of a mammal doesn't go well for them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's the material of choice for bullwhips, for the same reason. I do a little leatherworking and I've always wanted to do something with kangaroo leather, but it's expensive and I'm not skilled enough to make really good use of it.

My brother's yard backs onto a state forest and he has an entire mob of kangaroos hop over the fence every night to feed so there's thousands of dollars worth of potential leather just wandering around loving up his garden and making GBS threads everywhere. :v:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lobok posted:

People do a brisk trade in it though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inceltown posted:

Just be careful, it's cutthroat, you might lose your skin in the game.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Careful, if we get a second pun cascade this quickly a mod might tan our hides.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Lobok posted:

source?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We read this in high school.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I thought that was just for tips?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

A second deer pun has hit the tower

drat thing came outta nowhere and just BAM(bi).

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Breetai posted:

Imagine, if you will, someone taking a big poo poo, wiping, and then standing up, turning around, and only then taking a piss.

I can conceive of no action that would convince me more strongly that aliens walk among us in disguise.

Trabant posted:

__________________/

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My brother's yard backs onto a state forest and he has an entire mob of kangaroos hop over the fence every night to feed so there's thousands of dollars worth of potential leather just wandering around loving up his garden and making GBS threads everywhere. :v:

For American perspectives I feel it might be important to emphasis that kangaroos, at least common ones, are definitely not endangered species to any degree, and are in fact believed to have grown in population since white colonisation, thriving in farmland. They're very much a similar ecological and physical niche to deer in the US. Their meat and leather is only hard to get because it's not quite popular enough yet, and apparently you can't really farm them. (then again you hardly need to)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
You can also make an excellent coin purse from a kangaroo's... Coinpurse.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Kangaroos have their balls above their dicks.

How weird is that?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Platystemon posted:

How weird is that?

They're in Australia mate, from our perspective they're the right way around.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

please stop making funny posts in this thread, I have nowhere to share them

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

That's what emptyquoting is for, my man.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Share them with your friends.
Oh...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Samovar posted:

Isn't this basically a dog equivalent of one of those mangas where someone gets sent to a magical world after a truck crash?

Paper Tiger posted:

Yeah, it's called Lassikai

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Brawnfire posted:

Is she doing electrical work?

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah, in my pants.

Brawnfire posted:

Aw, got a short?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Platystemon posted:

How weird is that?

Classic case of superpenis testicles.