Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

If it rains all weekend that would own

Canada 2011 ftw

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol it’s going to be covered in wildfire smoke.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDCS7_3kjY

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

DTS Trip Report:
Random question. So Red Bull is a constructor, right? And Honda makes there engines. Why is Aston Martin on their gear? I've also noticed a team that has an Infiniti logo.

S3E6: I'm gay for Gasly!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Redbull used Renault engines as a constructor/works team in the past, Infinity is a Renault related brand (through Nissan); Renault didn't have their own team for a while.
When their engine relation with Renault soured they got Aston Martin as a Title sponsor, Aston Martin wasn't/didn't have their own team yet at that point.
After trying out the Honda engine (which is it's own whole story) in their second team Toro Rosso, they went with Honda for both teams.

And yes Gasly is quite the handsome lad.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

The most happiness he's experienced in years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zedd posted:

Redbull used Renault engines as a constructor/works team in the past, Infinity is a Renault related brand (through Nissan); Renault didn't have their own team for a while.
When their engine relation with Renault soured they got Aston Martin as a Title sponsor, Aston Martin wasn't/didn't have their own team yet at that point.
After trying out the Honda engine (which is it's own whole story) in their second team Toro Rosso, they went with Honda for both teams.

And yes Gasly is quite the handsome lad.

i still think they should have branded the Red Bull engines as Hondas and the Alpha Tauri engines as Mugen

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

puting in an order for a max voodoo doll

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

spaceblancmange posted:

puting in an order for a max voodoo doll

just get a small frog doll OP, should work too

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

DTS Trip Report:
Random question. So Red Bull is a constructor, right? And Honda makes there engines. Why is Aston Martin on their gear? I've also noticed a team that has an Infiniti logo.

S3E6: I'm gay for Gasly!

Red Bull is a consistently difficult team for engine builders to get along with. RB was always arguing with Renault about engine matters and I think that’s why their engines also used to be branded TAG Heuer (the watch company) despite still being made by Renault.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat they upgraded Albon’s car but left sargeant’s the same

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat they upgraded Albon’s car but left sargeant’s the same

There’s no use in throwing spare parts for Albon in the bin now is there?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-was-not-allowed-to-join-red-bull-nordschleife-f1-run/10483130/

"there are too many walls Max, we can't trust you"

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They've installed a Bernd Maylander summoning device at turn 1.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Red Bull is a consistently difficult team for engine builders to get along with. RB was always arguing with Renault about engine matters and I think that’s why their engines also used to be branded TAG Heuer (the watch company) despite still being made by Renault.

They did a similar thing in V8 Supercars years ago, when they were running Ford engines. Ended up removing the Ford badge/logo off the car and just used a bull logo instead.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Back in the big manufacturer support days the one team that wasn't getting any of it decided to alter the mandatory window branding.

But also, the Red Bull Racing in Australia is just a title sponsor, Red Bull don't own the team.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

They've installed a Bernd Maylander summoning device at turn 1.

was going to make some joke involving the 1998 race but it appears nobody went spiraling through that gravel trap in the sector, so it might be safe? just feels like overkill. seems like a good way to bounce a car back into traffic.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Let's bring joker laps into F1 and the joker path always has sprinklers running.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

harperdc posted:

was going to make some joke involving the 1998 race but it appears nobody went spiraling through that gravel trap in the sector, so it might be safe? just feels like overkill. seems like a good way to bounce a car back into traffic.

It’s tecpro so they’ll just get stuck there

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

And by they I mean max :getin:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dudley posted:

Back in the big manufacturer support days the one team that wasn't getting any of it decided to alter the mandatory window branding.

But also, the Red Bull Racing in Australia is just a title sponsor, Red Bull don't own the team.

hi Craig

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i'm not going to watch this or read thuis thread

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

track day bro! posted:

ban this rear end in a top hat!!!!!!!!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

track day bro! posted:

you will and you will suffer with the rest of us

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

track day bro! posted:

https://stewardle.com/

Stewardle 360 2/6

🟩🟥⬆️⬇️⬆️⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ArmZ posted:

Stewardle 360 2/6

🟩🟥⬆️⬇️⬆️⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lmao. The logic I had for getting it made me laugh

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ArmZ posted:

Stewardle 360 2/6

🟩🟥⬆️⬇️⬆️⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

acting like alpine is a different team from renault when it's just branding is very rude I'm writing an angry email

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Laughed at TSN this morning talking like Lewis or anyone has a chance to win this Sunday without a red bull car and then they pivoted to talking about Lance.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the paradigm shift posted:

acting like alpine is a different team from renault when it's just branding is very rude I'm writing an angry email

i got lucky on the nationality of my first pick :shrug:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ilmucche posted:

Lmao. The logic I had for getting it made me laugh

lol same

Stewardle 360 3/6

🟥🟥⬆️⬆️⬇️🟩
🟩🟥⬆️⬇️⬆️⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you will and you will suffer with the rest of us

i have not watched formula 1 for two years and hell, it's good everybody should try it. you could go to the gym, take a nice walk, do some gardening or maybe share some time with your loved ones. or like me try and get the evp999 rank in splatoon 3

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

i have not watched formula 1 for two years and hell, it's good everybody should try it. you could go to the gym, take a nice walk, do some gardening or maybe share some time with your loved ones. or like me try and get the evp999 rank in splatoon 3

Timmy Westphall but instead of St Elsewhere in the snow globe, it's Charles Leclerc winning the championship.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

track day bro! posted:

you are acting like it's some big commitment to watch a 1 hour race. you are a dingus

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sunk Dunk posted:

you are acting like it's some big commitment to watch a 1 hour race. you are a dingus

is this your first time viewing a track day bro! post?

Track day bro! close the thread

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
yes

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Schnaps Verstappen

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Close the thread until Max loses a race.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
mmm rac eweek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sam collins ftw