Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there like, a goon discord for this?

Anyway I'm proceeding with the story at a glacial pace, because I get JRPG brainworms and try to power cap everyone.

My thoughts in general:
- I like Asta a lot, design and gameplay-wise
- I pulled the Ice Hunt brat twice on both Jing Yuan and Silver Wolf banners and he just shits out incredible damage, but I'm still sore over getting spooked
- Mahjong Girl rules
- I never take out Fire!Stelle and Natasha out of my team anymore, am I doing things wrong
- This game has a lot of little stuff that I wouldn't expect in gacha (the Overworld hotel can trigger a The Shining scene by eavesdropping on all the rooms)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lily Catts posted:

Is there like, a goon discord for this?

Anyway I'm proceeding with the story at a glacial pace, because I get JRPG brainworms and try to power cap everyone.

My thoughts in general:
- I like Asta a lot, design and gameplay-wise
- I pulled the Ice Hunt brat twice on both Jing Yuan and Silver Wolf banners and he just shits out incredible damage, but I'm still sore over getting spooked
- Mahjong Girl rules
- I never take out Fire!Stelle and Natasha out of my team anymore, am I doing things wrong
- This game has a lot of little stuff that I wouldn't expect in gacha (the Overworld hotel can trigger a The Shining scene by eavesdropping on all the rooms)
Seconding the desire for a goon discord or something.

In terms of your team comp, if Fireblazer and Natasha are your only aoe tank/healer respectively, you're never hurting yourself by carrying them

In terms of my team comp, what builds do you guys use for Bronya and Silver Wolf? I'm seeing lots of conflicting reports between people using their elemental sets and Musketeer, and there's likewise a mix on the orb/cords for them too, with both often given the Immortal set but Silver Wolf sometimes being given the effect one and Bronya sometimes given the critical damage one

I ended up getting a really good Meteor set on Silver Wolf because of how easy it is for her to break with her tech, including a speed foot relic, which feels fine, but I wouldn't mind a second opinion, and I haven't even started gearing Bronya yet

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Come join us in the Genshin discord, we have star rail channels

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Any future 5 star Serval needs to have her Ult damage tied to music rhythm game. Full combo a song? Major damage!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

the best part of break effect Silver Wolf is that it's not even contingent upon Simulated Universe buffs to just chunk people

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Any future 5 star Serval needs to have her Ult damage tied to music rhythm game. Full combo a song? Major damage!

HI3 has a character whose ult is a small rhythm game and if you get it right it does more damage.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

no thanks theres a reason im playing this and not genshin, I dont need a loving action sequence in a turn based battle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

dang if you guilt trip Pela she guilt trips you back

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

dang if you guilt trip Pela she guilt trips you back

Wait what? Where? When?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i just want Pela to share her Tale of the Winterlands fanfiction with me and she keeps brushing me off :negative:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh man the guy who plays Sampo kills it every scene (eng)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Same reason it's The Hunt as the class and not The Preservation. It's shorter so they don't need to truncate.
I don't think that's the reason The Hunt is the only class name to get the article in English. If you're clipping them for length, you'd want to clip all of them for consistency, but you can't use the word "Hunt" on its own as an abstract noun without it. Like, the help text for LC abilities would read: "The following effects only work on characters of the Path of Hunt", which doesn't work. You'd have have to call it "Predation" or something. They actually did cut the article from that line in the handbook: it says "Calyx (Crimson): Bud of Hunt" and it sounds very unnatural. So I think they just missed it in editing.

Saying "Open Daily" there rather than "Open Every Day" seems like a mistake too. It makes it sound like you can only do them once a day, not that they're always open. And unlike Genshin, this game doesn't have have anything that's only open on certain days of the week, so it's weird that they include that line at all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The Hunt certainly sounds weird without The, but every other path also has The in other places, such as in the patch notes whenever they mention a character they follow it with (The Abundance: Physical) or whatever. So it's less that The Hunt had The added and more that every other path had to take it out for whatever reason. Probably text length.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Right, but you could also write "The Nihility" out in full and it would still be shorter than "Preservation". I just mean that the reason "The Hunt" kept the article when they cut it from all the others is because it's necessary, not because it's already short enough.

Incidentally, I think every text box where it would matter has a dynamic font size and will just shrink itself if the string is too long, but it does seem like the English version tries to make sure that's not necessary:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

someone awful. posted:

i just want Pela to share her Tale of the Winterlands fanfiction with me and she keeps brushing me off :negative:

me too, she keeps thinking I'm making fun of her but I'm not!!!

FractalSandwich posted:

And unlike Genshin, this game doesn't have have anything that's only open on certain days of the week, so it's weird that they include that line at all.

I just assumed that was an artifact of earlier design that never got removed. :shrug:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

an artifact artifact artifacted

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
How much art could an artifact fact if an artifact could fact art?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Araganzar posted:

I dunno, let's ask Sampo. :v:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Speaking of artifacts, they're gonna fix the issues with the museum after 1.2 drops and will be extending the reward collection period until August 7th.

You'll also get to keep playing after you hit Prosperous Glory, for those of us who just want to max everything.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh nice. I'm glad I could spend more time with Eris, she's a total looker.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Leraika posted:

Speaking of artifacts, they're gonna fix the issues with the museum after 1.2 drops and will be extending the reward collection period until August 7th.

You'll also get to keep playing after you hit Prosperous Glory, for those of us who just want to max everything.

Let's go!

I'm already at 113 days. I think the Industrial Hall is all I have left.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Araganzar posted:

None because curiously at that point it's a curio!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I finished the museum at 61 days 😁

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just tried taking on SU 4-3 with an experimental healerless team of Asta, Hook, Fire TB, and March, following the Preservation path, and I made it over halfway through Svarog’s final phase… I would have won if those hands hadn’t targeted the team’s most important character (March) three goddamn times in a row :negative:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Izzhov posted:

I just tried taking on SU 4-3 with an experimental healerless team of Asta, Hook, Fire TB, and March, following the Preservation path, and I made it over halfway through Svarog’s final phase… I would have won if those hands hadn’t targeted the team’s most important character (March) three goddamn times in a row :negative:

Preservation characters draw the highest aggro

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress I should have used my 2 "make-a-relics" on getting Seele a perfect Link Rope and Orb. I was insomniac and customized a body and feet instead last night. I am a complete and total fool.

Well I'm glad they do exist at least.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

gently caress I should have used my 2 "make-a-relics" on getting Seele a perfect Link Rope and Orb. I was insomniac and customized a body and feet instead last night. I am a complete and total fool.

Don't feel too bad, I'm actively considering making speed mainstat thief boots because my Silver Wolf only has a 4-star +12 there. :v:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

padijun posted:

Preservation characters draw the highest aggro

You know, I didn't even think of this... now that I'm thinking over the battle, I'm starting to think that maybe if I hadn't even tried to free the captured character and instead just 100% rushed down Svarog every time, maybe I could have scraped through that way. Sometimes my brain is a bit too wired towards trying to make it through without anyone dying...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

EL60, the fun starts here I guess.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

To this point nihility has far and away been my.most effective runs in su. Bring in sampo, run up 99 stacks of suspicion even with just the unupgraded blessing and see Kafka or svarog eat half a health bar at the start of their turn

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

ATK% link ropes are very common. Use your relic slots to get cape/orbs because elemental damage% and crit stats are much rarer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Garrand posted:

To this point nihility has far and away been my.most effective runs in su. Bring in sampo, run up 99 stacks of suspicion even with just the unupgraded blessing and see Kafka or svarog eat half a health bar at the start of their turn

It's even better when you are doing poo poo like Break Effect Silver Wolf and get the +Break Effect and +Break Efficiency blessings and just detonate a DoT bomb with every break because Confusion.

I've had Svarog go from 73% to 0% after recovering from a SW break + DoT damage.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eimi posted:

HI3 has a character whose ult is a small rhythm game and if you get it right it does more damage.

I love Susannah and her big dork energy and loved the start of the current event being a buddy cop movie with Seele

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Who says you need a healer for SU :smuggo:

I had WAY better luck this time than my last attempt lmao. By the time I got to Svarog I was frequently able to have like 3/4 characters at max shield without even really trying. I often found myself just pressing Q on March because having her add more shield felt like it would be even more useless than the like 2 damage she does with her basic attack.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I wish we could name teams.

Team Dot: Sampo, Serval, Silver Wolf, Fireblazer w/Trend.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Garrand posted:

Yeah that’s definitely been true for SU worlds 3 and 4 at least, where the damage just eats through Gepard’s shields and does enough damage to Svarog before his drat phase 3 mechs destroy me, because I still struggle to find a good counter to them. Might be true for SU 6 too actually, but that’s the one I’ve gone through the least. I think SU 5’s best path might be abundance though, between that and a way to remove debuffs then Kafka is essentially unable to do much to you.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Walla posted:

I wish we could name teams.

Team Dot: Sampo, Serval, Silver Wolf, Fireblazer w/Trend.

You can

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think SU 5’s best path might be abundance though, between that and a way to remove debuffs then Kafka is essentially unable to do much to you.

My last SU5-2 run ended with everyone mind controlled and Kafka exploding in a gratuitous funfetti blast of DoT ticks and an Entanglement detonation for six figures. :v:

nihility4lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

In terms of my team comp, what builds do you guys use for Bronya and Silver Wolf? I'm seeing lots of conflicting reports between people using their elemental sets and Musketeer, and there's likewise a mix on the orb/cords for them too, with both often given the Immortal set but Silver Wolf sometimes being given the effect one and Bronya sometimes given the critical damage one

I ended up getting a really good Meteor set on Silver Wolf because of how easy it is for her to break with her tech, including a speed foot relic, which feels fine, but I wouldn't mind a second opinion, and I haven't even started gearing Bronya yet
Any opinions on this?