Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for purposely winding up my girlfriend's older brother and not apologising?

quote:

I (18M) am dating my girlfriend Shay (17F). She has an older brother called Allen (19M) who HATES me. Genuinely, pure hatred. I'm not even sure about why he hates me but if I ever go missing, the police need to speak to him first. I know boyfriends and older brothers traditionally don't get along but he has actively tried to get us to break up a few times. Once, he saw me hanging out with a girl (my cousin's girlfriend) and he took a picture of us and told Shay that he caught us kissing right before he took the picture. He's that crazy. My girlfriend's parents Frank 48M and Amelia 43F love me and they have told Allen to leave me alone.

A few weeks ago, I was tutoring my cousin Ricky (15M) in biology for his GCSEs and he had to learn about how pregnancy tests work. He's a visual learner so I thought that actually buying one and explaining the mechanism using the test would be the most effective way of teaching him. I went to Poundland (UK version of dollar tree) and bought one. While doing this, I ran into Allen. He asked me why I had a pregnancy test with me, and I said 'don't worry about it' to wind him up instead of launching into a full on explanation in the middle of a packed shop floor.

I thought he, like a normal person, would go and ask Shay what was going on and learn that she wasn't pregnant, or he would've texted me later because he had my number. Especially since pregnancy is a sensitive topic. Instead, he freaked out and confronted Shay pretty aggressively by shouting at her, and he didn't let her get a word in. She ended up locking herself in her bedroom because she got a panic attack, and her dad had to come home early from work because both of them were calling him and sending him frantic messages and Shay has mental health problems so he was worried.

Given his overprotectiveness over Shay and the fact that he's only crazy towards me, I literally had no way to guess that he would go and shout at her because he's generally very nice to her. At the most, I would've expected him to wait for me outside the shop to start an argument or to go and tell their parents that he saw me buying a pregnancy test. Shay's birthday is soon and he was supposed to take her for a weekend trip to Italy, but now she's refusing to go because she doesn't feel safe around him anymore. He's blaming me for this and demanding that I apologise for 'misleading' him and that I convince her to go with him so he doesn't lose the ticket money. Her parents think Allen is in the wrong and that Shay shouldn't go if she doesn't want to.

AITA?
Don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Kurieg posted:

AITA for purposely winding up my girlfriend's older brother and not apologising?

Don't worry about it.

Why would you buy a pregnancy test to tutor somebody about biology? What value would you get out of it educationally? If the story is real then OP probably saw the brother at the store and decided to freak him out by buying a pregnancy test but didn't expect the reaction he got so he came up with a BS excuse of 'tutoring'.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA for jumping off a train before the doors closed and “abandoning” my pregnant wife?

lol

quote:

But an explanation isn't necessary here. Autism or not, panic or not, there is a child coming and you reacted in a way that made you leave your pregnant wife behind. What's to say you won't react like that in a similar situation with your kid?

quote:

I just felt it was necessary when I’m trying to get my side across. I wouldn’t react like that with a child

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 16, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nocheez posted:

Man, this thread has finally hit me firmly in the personal feels. It sucks getting called a robot, then a big pussy when you finally show some emotions.

I think I need a break from this thread, and a long walk alone.
Yeah, it really loving sucks, and for whatever it's worth you aren't alone in the frustration. Either we're allowed to express ourselves, or we aren't; fuckin pick one, people, you can't have both.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Tarkus posted:

Why would you buy a pregnancy test to tutor somebody about biology? What value would you get out of it educationally? If the story is real then OP probably saw the brother at the store and decided to freak him out by buying a pregnancy test but didn't expect the reaction he got so he came up with a BS excuse of 'tutoring'.

Yeah, at no point did I need to mess with pregnancy tests for a biology class, and I don't get how looking at a stick that you pee on teaches you anything about hormones or zygotes or whatever.

This reads like a series of scenes from a screwball comedy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My husband eats so. much. food. (over 10k calories a day) and has gotten SO obese and I just don't loving know what to do anymore.

Estimated food budget is 1500 - 2000 per month.

If there aren’t any kids here, OP should divorce. Also if there are kids.

I don't see much of an issue with the 'swapping virginities' statement, seems like a normalish way to say it aside from 'we took each others' virginities'. Definitely agree that the culture around virginity is weird, but I don't think that's going to change.

My (F24) normally stoic boyfriend (M23) broke down in the middle of an argument and I have no idea how to handle it

OP is studiously avoiding who is instigating these arguments.

Dude needs therapy and OP needs to shape up or admit they don’t want their mate to get better or to be vulnerable and end the relationship.

Kurieg posted:

AITA for forgetting about my dog and telling my mom I have bigger things to worry about?

Someone needs to surrender Mom to the county shelter.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah, it really loving sucks, and for whatever it's worth you aren't alone in the frustration. Either we're allowed to express ourselves, or we aren't; fuckin pick one, people, you can't have both.

I have a lot to say about this but every time I try to type something about it it becomes a huge overshare about my own trauma and mental health issues so uh, yes I second this.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

From my experience, we're entirely expected to be brick walls up until the moment we express ourselves, but our expression has to be one of the approved, nice ones. Kindness, caring, empathy, thoughtfulness. Got negative emotions bottled up in there? "Man up, you loving pussy." Or "No one cares, shut up."

EDIT: Or the even better ones, where they go "You can open up to me, I want to listen and be there for you" and then when you do literally the only reaction you get is "oh, that sucks" and the conversation getting dropped. That one's a loving blast.

Yes I have some pretty severe mental health issues, why do you ask?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Don't worry about it.

oh I get it, we're supposed to read between the lines and know that it doesn't add up. It sounds like someone learned about "unreliable narrators" and is trying it out. Not a bad first attempt.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for refusing to see my wife's brother?

quote:

I'll try to keep things short.

I (M29) have gotten along very well with my wife's (F30) family. They are a really great group of people, and I have always felt very welcomed when I'm with them. My wife and I live relatively close to most of her family, so I do see them quite regularly.

For the past few years, my BIL (M33) and his wife (F31) have been fostering dogs. Most of the dogs have been great, but they typically don't keep them for more than a few weeks before finding a permanent home for the dog. However, that all changed with Lucky.

Lucky is a 150 lbs pitbull with a history of, as the shelter put it, "sporadic acts of aggression." Not only that, this dog has unfortunately been subjected to steroid injections by its previous owners. Since no one in their right mind would want to take Lucky, my BIL and his wife decided to keep him full-time as he would most likely be put down otherwise.

I saw this dog once before, and I was more than a little terrified. Lucky doesn't take kindly to strangers, and my BIL has told me that he had to put him into a chain-linked enclosure in the backyard whenever anyone comes to visit them.

Since then, Lucky has chewed through this enclosure, and my BIL and his wife have decided that perhaps exposure therapy to strangers is the best treatment for him. So, they've been asking people to come by their house to say hi.

My wife has volunteered both of us, and when she told me that, I let her know that she'd be going alone. We argued about it for a while, and my wife told me that I was doing the most. She said it would be rude if I didn't go since she had already promised them, but I still adamantly refused.

She then framed it as how a real man would come and make sure she felt safe and would protect her if needed. I was beyond annoyed at this point and told her that hypothetically, I could find a new wife, but I couldn't get an arm back. She got upset by this and decided to leave on her own. AITA?

Edit - For those wondering, my BIL and SIL do have some training with dog rehabilitation. But Lucky is the most challenging case ever seen by them or the shelter which he lived in.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Expressing yourself is overrated. It's not even just expressing myself, you want me to be vulnerable or whatever but to what end? You aint qualified to fix it and I loving know you so now I have another annoying thing floating around my head about how I wonder if you think I'm weird now or if you might tell so and so and the whole downward spiral the spawns from that. Na I'm good. Every single time I've opened up to people it's only added to my ever growing mountain of anxiety that makes me want to scream "gently caress!" on my way home from work when I think about it randomly.

I say keep that poo poo for therapy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ad090 posted:

r/relationships: I could find a new wife, but I couldn't get an arm back

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

JackSplater posted:

From my experience, we're entirely expected to be brick walls up until the moment we express ourselves, but our expression has to be one of the approved, nice ones. Kindness, caring, empathy, thoughtfulness. Got negative emotions bottled up in there? "Man up, you loving pussy." Or "No one cares, shut up."

EDIT: Or the even better ones, where they go "You can open up to me, I want to listen and be there for you" and then when you do literally the only reaction you get is "oh, that sucks" and the conversation getting dropped. That one's a loving blast.

Yes I have some pretty severe mental health issues, why do you ask?
Or the ones that use everything you tell them as leverage against you.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lone Goat posted:

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

My husband eats so. much. food. (over 10k calories a day) and has gotten SO obese and I just don't loving know what to do anymore.

IME if you look at somebody and have a nagging sense that death is coming for them soon, you're probably right even if you have no logical reason to think so. OP should prepare for the worst.

I hope that someone told OP to write wills/POA/living will/etc for them and their husband. That is the best expression of love that a person can give their family, and husband might be willing to do that especially if OP is writing theirs too. He knows he is dying.

OP should either get their house completely in order to inherit property and accept the waiting game for what it is or should divorce their husband ASAP so he has as much time to fix his poo poo as OP can give before the body shuts down. It doesn't sound like a marriage any more.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
It took a long time to get there but I'm pretty good at expressing myself and making sure people I'm with aren't emotionally constipated. Being earnest about how I feel has helped a lot even when I'm sitting at "not good", feelings wise.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I wish you would show your emotions more. No, not like that"

There's quite a bit of a difference between free flowing emotions and three months worth of stress roaring down the valley in one go because the dam gave way.

Getting from stoically damming up everything to being able to express emotions is a serious undertaking though.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I had a friend get dumped for similar reasons. He had emotions, he wasn't bottling it all up, he was just more like a human capybara and managed to be pretty chill most of the time. But if you didn't know him you could be fooled into thinking he was a classic repressed stoic manly man. He had a kinda lovely girlfriend at the time who I guess was pretty big into regressive gender norms. She was also awful, the type that would purposefully poke and start fights. The fights of course were entirely one sided, with her doing all the screaming and yelling and drama and him just being a rock that her waves crashed upon. She was quite unstable and really relied on him being that calm rock. But she's also publicly complain about how men are so repressed and shut off.

Well, his mom died, and for the first time in their relationship he was the one who needed an ounce of support. Seeing him cry, seeing him "pathetic and needy" resulted in her calling him homophobic slurs, that if she wanted to date a woman she'd be a lesbian, and breaking up with him. She made sure to tell EVERYONE the details of his grief and how pathetic he was.

In my personal experience growing up the extreme bullying that teaches dudes to repress their emotions lest they be relentlessly bullied mostly came from the girls. Other boys wouldn't care or would actually be supportive, but the girls would be the ones relentlessly attacking for any "womanly" or "gay" behavior.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

In my personal experience growing up the extreme bullying that teaches dudes to repress their emotions lest they be relentlessly bullied mostly came from the girls. Other boys wouldn't care or would actually be supportive, but the girls would be the ones relentlessly attacking for any "womanly" or "gay" behavior.

What is the weather like on your planet?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah it's true women are traditionally the enforcers of conformity, just go to any church

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Post poste posted:

What is the weather like on your planet?

Very damp winters with no or little snow, warm incredibly dry summers.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ad090 posted:

LMAO “You shouldn’t be afraid or take precautions about this very real threat that I am needlessly exposing myself to and BTW if you were a real man you would come risk your own skin to protect me from the risk I am insisting on taking.”

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I had a friend get dumped for similar reasons. He had emotions, he wasn't bottling it all up, he was just more like a human capybara and managed to be pretty chill most of the time. But if you didn't know him you could be fooled into thinking he was a classic repressed stoic manly man. He had a kinda lovely girlfriend at the time who I guess was pretty big into regressive gender norms. She was also awful, the type that would purposefully poke and start fights. The fights of course were entirely one sided, with her doing all the screaming and yelling and drama and him just being a rock that her waves crashed upon. She was quite unstable and really relied on him being that calm rock. But she's also publicly complain about how men are so repressed and shut off.

Well, his mom died, and for the first time in their relationship he was the one who needed an ounce of support. Seeing him cry, seeing him "pathetic and needy" resulted in her calling him homophobic slurs, that if she wanted to date a woman she'd be a lesbian, and breaking up with him. She made sure to tell EVERYONE the details of his grief and how pathetic he was.

Huh. Very different from my experience with other boys. It wasn’t girls that were beating the poo poo out of me in grade school.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

therobit posted:

Huh. Very different from my experience with other boys. It wasn’t girls that were beating the poo poo out of me in grade school.

Yeah I probably had a pretty weird middle school dynamic.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hmm its almost like people have different experiences based on a range of factors.

very disturbing if true.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the ways people enforce rules that work to their own detriment differ greatly yeah, but it all flows from the same font of stupid. usually boys hit and usually girls gossip

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here is a fun failed power move

AITA for not including my SIL in photos during my bachelorette party because she wore white?

quote:

I'm getting married (yay!) and my brother "John" asked me to include his girlfriend "Sarah" as a bridesmaid as a way to get her involved with our family since he wants to propose soon. I wasn't happy (she's quite snobbish, almost in a comically villainous way. She once made fun of the fact that I get most of my groceries from the local big box super center and not somewhere with more "high quality product").

But I love John and it mattered a lot to him, so I agreed.

Onto the issue: on the final night of my bachelorette party, we decided to have one "big" meal that was really pricey and fancy that we all saved up for. Sarah said she had to take an emergency work meeting and for us to go ahead first (the restaurant was walkable from our hotel).

Guys, when Sarah showed up, I was FLOORED. She came in a white sparkly sequin number with a tulle skirt and a tiara. When we were planning the trip, my MOH made it abundantly clear that everyone was supposed to wear pink so we could get a really cute photo together at the restaurant.
I'm not even kidding, her outfit was so bridal looking the waitress actually asked if we were having a joint bachelorette party. I was so upset, that when it came time to take photos I absolutely refused to have Sarah in them.

She said it wasn't her fault because she "didn't get the memo", but I told her it was common sense to not wear a bridal looking dress to a bachelorette party if you're not the bride!Plus, she was in the group chat and even made comments about another girl's outfit when we were talking about what we wanted to wear, so I know she knew!

All of my friends were on my side and they made sure she didn't end up in the photos. When we got home, she pitched a fit to my brother saying that we bullied her at my party and deliberately left her out. She was also pissed because a lot of family and friends noticed she wasn't in the photos and I wasn't afraid to tell them exactly why.

My brother's really upset though because she's been crying and whining about it nonstop since. Apparently they're both so mad that they're going to skip father's day brunch, so the whole thing is blowing up even more.

I'm starting to feel bad because my mom told me that my brother and Sarah were fighting a lot now, so I'm not sure if I'm being the AH here. My brother called me a bridezilla, but I really feel like Sarah was trying to ruin my night.
The tiara is an especially nice touch. :discourse:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Lone Goat posted:

yes

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

:mods: please

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

FMguru posted:

Here is a fun failed power move

AITA for not including my SIL in photos during my bachelorette party because she wore white?

The tiara is an especially nice touch. :discourse:

"Yeah guys I have an emergency work meeting" **runs off to change into full bridal outfit**

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In which parents try to pawn off both their useless adult failchildren on the one kid that made something of themselves.

AITA for not taking in my sibling?

quote:

I (32m) recently lost my partner (36m) a few months ago. I always have been a “lone wolf” type and frequently blazed my own trail, my partner was very extroverted and always had to engage with everyone he met. After his sudden passing my parents felt I was “alone” and should let one of my siblings (34f, 27m) live with me to “keep me company”. The thing is, I don’t really care of either of them. I’ve never been close with them growing up and have always kept a wall. They both live at home, have a million “issues” to why they can’t be bothered to work to the point my parents stopped trying. My sister has some health problems (mental and physical) and needs contest attention and basically hand holding caretaking for reasons she refuses to seek medical attention for. Long story short, my parents saw how attentive and caring I was to my partner during his final weeks and told her how much I can do for her without discussing it with me. I had to be the bearer of bad news and put them both down and tell them I don’t want either of them living with me and would rather not take care of another adult. Now, I’m the bad guy because I don’t “want to share my home” that my partner left me in his will and would rather “be selfish” and “the reason we are dysfunctional because I’m “anti family” and the reason my siblings failed to launch”… honestly I’m at the point of changing my phone number. So Reddit, AITA for not wanting to take in my adult siblings?
It's one thing to lie to a 9 year old about how they're going to get adopted and live in a big house where people care about them, but a 34 and 27 year old?

Bonus points to the parents for trying to hustle and guilt-trip their son while he was nearly inconsolable with grief.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

“Sexual debut” made me laugh pretty hard, ngl

This is textbook codependency, gently caress. I hope reddit is convincing her to step back and go to therapy/Al-Anon/divorce court. :(

Lusty Grundles posted:

:smith:

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler
You be the judge: should my friend stop buying the same clothes as me?

Ella finds it cringeworthy that Aleesha copies her outfits. Aleesha says it’s fine to be a copycat. You decide who gets a dressing down

quote:

The prosecution: Ella

It’s just embarrassing walking around in the same outfit. It feels like we’re back at school

Aleesha and I have been friends since we were 11. I would say that out of the two of us, she is more of a wind-up merchant. She likes to be antagonistic and contrary for the sake of it, and thinks it’s hilarious if we go to a party in the same dress or jacket, whereas I find it cringe and weird. I just don’t get the whole idea of dressing like your mates.

It was a lot worse when we were younger. I’d choose a top or something I liked when we were out shopping, and Aleesha would say, “That’s so nice”, and buy the same one. When we were 16, we fell out over something like that. It doesn’t happen as much any more, but on big occasions, like a party, festival or friend’s wedding, she’ll come up to me and say, “Love your dress. Gonna have to buy the same one now!” She knows how much it winds me up.

Case in point: Glastonbury last year, when she pulled out the same zebra-print jacket as me. I don’t know why she does it. It’s just embarrassing walking around in the same outfit. I like to be different, I like to feel my choices and fashion sense are my own.

After I bought it, I’d told her about it on a call, then she went and got the same outfit behind my back without telling me. Is that not strange? I don’t like feeling as if we are back at school.

Antonia, a friend of ours, then started adding fuel to the fire by saying, “Oh, now what are you two going to do? People will get you confused.” They were winding me up and it took about 15 minutes for me to see that I probably was reacting unreasonably. But I’d spent weeks planning my outfits and the thought of Aleesha piggy-backing off my well-laid plans just irked me.

I’m trying to be a bit less dramatic about things like this because the logical part of my brain realises that there is no point trying to control what your friends wear. But then the other part of me thinks: I chose this look first and I don’t want to share my style with anyone. Aleesha should just get her own fashion sense, that would help us avoid this scenario for ever.

The defence: Aleesha

Our dress sense has become more similar. It’s no wonder we buy some of the same items

Ella is amazing. She’s kind, generous and hilarious – the life and soul of any party. But whenever I buy an item of clothing that resembles hers, she reverts to the same childlike behaviour from our school days.

Our friend Antonia thinks it’s hilarious. I find it mildly amusing, but also think she’s in the wrong. Before Glastonbury last year, I’d been talking to Ella about outfits and she had shown me this cool zebra-print jacket on Zoom. I went and bought the same jacket on Depop. I didn’t think anything of it until I pulled the jacket out at Glasto and said, “Look what I’ve got, we can be matching!”

Ella flipped and said, “No, that’s not cool. I don’t want to look the same as you. Why did you buy it?” I was shocked. I pointed out it was a festival and that the zebra-print jacket was mass produced: anyone can buy one.

Our dress sense has become more similar as we’ve grown up. Ella used to be preppy and wear classic stuff like plain designer shirts and oversized bags; now she’s more eclectic. I’d like to think she takes a bit of inspiration from me, as I’ve always been drawn to colours and prints. Ella used to rip me for it; now she’s come around, so it’s no wonder we buy the same items.

Ella and I don’t live in the same city any more, so it’s not like we’re going to be running into each other wearing matching outfits every day. Once we happened to be in similar flared trousers. Antonia pointed it out, saying, “Uh-oh, you’re matching again.” It was funny to see a flicker of panic across Ella’s face.

Ella’s always been a bit like this. At school she wouldn’t tell me the name of her perfume because she didn’t want me to wear it. I thought that was funny. Maybe she likes to feel unique.

We’re in our 30s now, so I’m not sure why it still bothers her. I still love her dearly – I just put it down to a quirk she has. It would just be good to think that, if we accidentally end up in a similar outfit in future, she would be able to keep her cool. It’s not that big a deal. If anything, it just speaks to our incredible mutual fashion sense.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

FMguru posted:

In which parents try to pawn off both their useless adult failchildren on the one kid that made something of themselves.

AITA for not taking in my sibling?

way to miss the bus on making a child be the parent by like two decades, failparents

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

most of the people that i knew who committed suicide at least had the courtesy to do it quick. the ones that didn't, well... at least they taught me to cut people off sooner rather than later, 'cuz sticking around to watch that poo poo isn't going to do you any favors

looks like OP is hell-bent on learning that lesson the hard way, though. i guess i'll keep my fingers crossed for a miracle but uh... yeah

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin posted:

You be the judge: should my friend stop buying the same clothes as me?

Ella finds it cringeworthy that Aleesha copies her outfits. Aleesha says it’s fine to be a copycat. You decide who gets a dressing down

I feel like Aleesha is the AH. It's really easy not to immediately buy the same item your friend showed you, and if you are best friends with someone and they tell you something bothers them, then stamping all over that because "but i want the EXACT SAME zebra print jacket!" is wild. This isn't like a one-time thing either, it's a systemic copying of outfits.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What the gently caress is with all the insane mother in laws wearing full on wedding dresses to their kid's weddings. It's just so unhinged. it's something you'd see in a horror movie to denote how dangerously crazy the character is. How does it keep happening?? And they always make it so clear they want to pretend its their wedding, how their darling little boy should be marrying mommy. Mommy deserves all the attention, not this whore who tricked my perfect little darling boy who loves his mommy!

It's just so creepy, I hate it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

seems low unless the delivery fee and tip arent included in it. to get 10k in arbys over 3 meals is like 50 bucks before the delivery fee and tip for uber. that hits 1500 by itself. granted their also buying chips and snacks and poo poo. and some of those places will be cheaper but some will be more expensive.

i also only eat fast food twice a month at most and its an all day meal for me and i go to the location and get my own food so maybe im out of touch with how cheap uber is or how expensive / in expensive fast food is.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Clocks posted:

I feel like Aleesha is the AH. It's really easy not to immediately buy the same item your friend showed you, and if you are best friends with someone and they tell you something bothers them, then stamping all over that because "but i want the EXACT SAME zebra print jacket!" is wild. This isn't like a one-time thing either, it's a systemic copying of outfits.

hell, it's kind of a dick move to be amused by seeing panic flick across what is supposed to be your friend's face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lusty Grundles posted:

Yeah I call this one "weaponized trust".