Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

just regular old amphetamines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cocaine, presumably?

Each week, a new column, the prescription: cocaine.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s tempting to don the tinfoil and think he’s got a backhander from Wegovy to spew this out but honestly the column is so deeply poo poo, and quite clearly one of those ones where the “columnist” dictates a few thoughts to a ghostwriter who then bashes it out to the requisite length that I doubt it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As someone pointed out in the idiots on social media thread, this is also what office workers are supposed to look like

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Nenonen posted:

Ah it's 11.30pm, time to ring the chef and chug some chorizo, cheddar, chili, churros, cheese chips, chicken, champagne, chamomile chai, chia and other such chic chow! Chop chop, cheers!

the resulting flatulence will be described in detail in carrie's inevitable book after the divorce

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

smellmycheese posted:

Lol. This is Johnson’s column tomorrow. He’s trying to become the new Adrian Chiles

"required reading in Westminster - and across the world!"

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Apraxin posted:

what is it about transphobia specifically that rots peoples' brains like this, where they go from being a run-of-the-mill lib or centrist to literally the only criteria they have for judging whether something is good or bad is 'does it hate trans people'

My theory is gently caress you, got mine. Every righteous movement has its members that are only in it because they personally are affected. They lean liberal out of habit, and because their friends do so; but when push comes to shove, they only really care about themselves and not any greater principle. So its more than plausible for them to pull the ladder up and find a new context.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Managed to convince the boss to buy new computers, murder suicide provisionally postponed.

Hopefully might sort out the pay a bit and do something other than office work. We will see. Also hopefully going to spend as much of tomorrow as I can at the beach.

Honestly for a first week that's impressive ability to change workplace conditions.

Now to kill him and assume his form as a fleshsuit and give everyone a raise.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Apraxin posted:

what is it about transphobia specifically that rots peoples' brains like this, where they go from being a run-of-the-mill lib or centrist to literally the only criteria they have for judging whether something is good or bad is 'does it hate trans people'

Honestly I think it's the same insane brain rot that anti-Semites have (looking at you, Institut fuer Sexualwissenschaft), in that trans people are able to be an "enemy" that walks unseen amongst us. The paranoia that they're everywhere and not immediately visibly different makes your brain enter crisis mode.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

It’s tempting to don the tinfoil and think he’s got a backhander from Wegovy to spew this out but honestly the column is so deeply poo poo, and quite clearly one of those ones where the “columnist” dictates a few thoughts to a ghostwriter who then bashes it out to the requisite length that I doubt it.

That stuff works and it'd be better if it was dispensed wholesale via the NHS.

Of course if you're snorting cocaine and meth it might affect your appetite in other ways.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

an "enemy" that walks unseen amongst us.
I found one in my yard, I think one of the cats dragged it in. Or maybe it got there itself :tinfoil:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Lol. This is Johnson’s column tomorrow. He’s trying to become the new Adrian Chiles

From all his history of lying upto yesterday, I can only conclude he doesn't raid his fridge, he is allergic or never eats cheddar and chorizo, he doesn't believe it will cure anyone, and its not a drug, its probably just mud or poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s the same wegovy/ozempic poo poo everyone is pitching

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is wegovy where you do yougov surveys when you're hungry until you develop a pavlovian aversion to food?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s the same wegovy/ozempic poo poo everyone is pitching

It's interesting stuff! It seems to actually work, but: a) It's kind of pricey, b) You need to keep taking it to maintain the weight loss and c) nobody's quite sure about the long term effects yet.

I'm kind of tempted to seek it out myself, cos I've got some fat around my middle that I've completely failed to shift by conventional means but I can see myself regretting it if I do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am going to be treating the world at large to my belly tomorrow and I encourage all spare tyre carriers to do the same.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Turns out that Tom 'Aryan Unity' Newton-Dunn is a shithead in a couple more ways than were previously known.

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1669743168831606785?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
All drugs should be freely available on an informed consent model to everyone but given that they're not, I hope the companies making them are making enough that there's no shortage for the people with diabetes once all the people taking them for weight loss have had theirs.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d probably give it a try myself now that I’m old and falling apart and dieting just doesn’t do poo poo in the face of the passing of time, but I’m terrified of needles so when the alternative is having to stab myself every day I’ll just stick to falling apart.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Isomermaid posted:

All drugs should be freely available on an informed consent model to everyone but given that they're not, I hope the companies making them are making enough that there's no shortage for the people with diabetes once all the people taking them for weight loss have had theirs.

Just nipping down to the shop for some Pervitin.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Isomermaid posted:

legalise drugs
ban money

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’d probably give it a try myself now that I’m old and falling apart and dieting just doesn’t do poo poo in the face of the passing of time, but I’m terrified of needles so when the alternative is having to stab myself every day I’ll just stick to falling apart.

It's not full-on injections! Just a little gizmo that you prick yourself with. The injection thing put me off too, until I found out it wasn't actual injections.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
(I'm not trying to market Ozempic to the thread, promise!)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Isomermaid posted:

Tbf there are like a load of alternative drugs in that same class for diabetes and only 2 for weight loss.

I'm not an endocrinologist but I do wonder if they're being pushed as weight loss medications vs diabetes medications is because they're not actually good enough compared to the oral versions to justify the increased cost. You can get the various gliptins which act along the same pathway and they've been around for long enough for generics to exist.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 16, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Any of youse know of anyone that makes a combination VHS/DVD/Bluray player? I've had to fight the rats nest at the back of my dad's TV today and condensing some of it into one HDMI and one power cable would do minor wonders for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You won’t find a VHS player anywhere outside a second hand unit, they haven’t manufactured new VHS anything since the mid 2010s

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1669814843476459525/

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's like the Burly Brawl from The Matrix Reloaded, except, well, not very burly.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Eh I dont think even daily mail readers are happy about this, even the comments section, usually a ring wing hotbed of gammons was complaining how disgusting it is hes there.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ozempic was the only drug that seriously helped my wife lower her insulin amounts, start to lose weight and help manage her extremely complex form of diabetes that combined insulin resistance and a hosed pancreas.

But thanks to all the weight loss trends she hasn't been able to get it on the NHS since the start of the shortages and her mental health has taken a loving nosedive.

It really loving sucks watching a tiktok trend destroy the person I love the most and there's nothing I can do about it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Boz has done a Trump

https://twitter.com/politlcsuk/status/1669813060435886080?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The man doodled the nuke codes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wasn't his fault that the British nuclear codes were a spunking cock and a racial slur.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:sickos:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

serious gaylord posted:

he knows what Andrew did

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

wonder what he wrote on the letter to the nuke submarine

probably nuke my wife first pls, then moscow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Mebh posted:

Ozempic was the only drug that seriously helped my wife lower her insulin amounts, start to lose weight and help manage her extremely complex form of diabetes that combined insulin resistance and a hosed pancreas.

But thanks to all the weight loss trends she hasn't been able to get it on the NHS since the start of the shortages and her mental health has taken a loving nosedive.

It really loving sucks watching a tiktok trend destroy the person I love the most and there's nothing I can do about it.

This is what I was worried about. That really sucks, Mebh, I hope the situation turns around.