Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

These are all good ideas, but I will add the world also needs a Robert Smith action figure.

Rob Halford, and not that lovely ReAction one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry, Funko has all of these.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but even then that's a one hit wonder from 27 years ago.

Jamiroquai is far from a one-hit wonder. They are one of the biggest British bands of the last 30 years and have had a lot of success in Europe and Asia. In the US you mainly have only heard Virtual Insanity and Canned Heat for whatever reason but that is very different in the rest of the world.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Djarum posted:

Jamiroquai is far from a one-hit wonder. They are one of the biggest British bands of the last 30 years and have had a lot of success in Europe and Asia. In the US you mainly have only heard Virtual Insanity and Canned Heat for whatever reason but that is very different in the rest of the world.

There’s no “rest of the world” USA USA USA!!

(Stupid age restricted videos. Go watch the eagle version of America gently caress yeah)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm still laughing at Grip's masterful plucking of a Joe Cocker pic in response to my Jarvis request. Well played.

Re: Robert Smith - some black paint and an 'L' figure should be close enough in the meantime, right?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Of course it would be a terrible idea now, what with all the sexual assault claims, but it’s really surprising no one made decent Marilyn Manson figures. That poo poo would’ve sold really well.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Djarum posted:

I think the American audience really latched onto the curmudgeonly, anti-progress message in Virtual Insanity. They could never handle sexy Jay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHSH9sJUEo

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Badass. I’m not buying this line, but I would like to.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1669788271059017738?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

No sir. Eric Idle is a motorcycle.

Huh, I thought I had memories of Weird Al voicing a Transformer but always assumed I was conflating it with his song playing in the movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Weird Al voiced Wreck-Gar in Transformed Animated

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Apparently the Jamiroquai action figure went up for preorder on BBTS at $150, then they changed their minds and dropped it to $100.

I have to remind myself I do not need this, at any price, even though it obviously rules.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

SH Figuarts has been putting out popular entertainers for a while now- a more recent one that I remember is the singer for TM Network in an outfit that he wore for a popular concert from the 90s. I also have a Freddy Mercury and a Matsumoto and Hamada from the Japanese comedy duo Downtown. The special thing about this figure is that they've made new joints so you can specifically do Jay Kay's moves/poses from the Virtual Insanity video. He's always been a drat good dancer and has more than this one hit.

I pre-ordered mine from P-Bandai.

edit: Jesus I have 9 items on pre-order on Zenmarket.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 16, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Your brothers are being held in there my sons. Let us go free them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol looking at the P-Bandai site on the Jay Kay figure and I just noticed that it comes with the couches and chairs from the video set as papercraft pieces.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Say has there been a Spider-Punk figure announced that includes Hobie's unmasked head?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Say has there been a Spider-Punk figure announced that includes Hobie's unmasked head?

Nope.

I've seen some excellent customs though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Nope.

I've seen some excellent customs though.

I'll be honest I'm hoping for a good one from Japan. If there was a good one from Hot Toys I'd probably try and get that one as well (I haven't bought a HT figure in years and years)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well, there was this:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-spider-punk-suit-hot-toys-903799

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is Ultra Sabers the problematic lightsaber company? (There's a group of words I never thought I'd put together)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Them and DX Sabers.

The owner of DX harassed a friend of mine for weeks because she didn’t want to do an ad for him for a saber he sent unsolicited.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

Is Ultra Sabers the problematic lightsaber company? (There's a group of words I never thought I'd put together)

I got steered away from them by the Facebook lightsaber community when I was looking for my Mara Jade saber, but I can’t remember why offhand. I think the gist of it was that you could do better elsewhere for the same or less money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The owner doxxes and attacks customers who have any issues.

Also their electronics just suck.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanks, they have a booth at the local con and I was interested, but I'll steer clear!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Eeeehhhhhhh... I'm looking for the movie specific design. I've been aware of the character for years but the movie Hobie is the one that makes me excited

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

New Warhammers, only one of which is an Ultramarine!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Never gonna enjoy Black Templars showing up.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Never gonna enjoy Black Templars showing up.

Black Templars are so loving cool. They have the best lore, their worship of the Emperor makes them stand out compared to the other Chapters, they're Imperial Fist successors who are more than just Imperial Fists painted a different color, they're covered in bones and scripture, they work with Sisters of Battle all the time, they have insanely sick variants of armor and weapons, chaining their weapons to themself is a fantastic example of how Warhammer can be badass and stupid at the same time, Sigismund is one of the best characters in the Heresy, Helsreach is arguably the best novel about Space Marines, etc.

It's just a shame about the nazis

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Huh? Whaddya mean it’s already shipped and been delivered yesterday? Buh?
*quick chat with the neighbours and all becomes clear*

This is Gwen, just a regular, everyday student…

..and these are the Amazing, Spectacular Spider-Pals.

Gwen’s student outfit is too fiddly to bother with again, and I had The Fear trying to get Ham’s web-shooter arm in but other than that, all is lovely. Still umming and ahhing about getting Peni and the bot. Maybe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the uniform Gwen body just static?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The arms and upper torso are. The skirt has some leeway and the legs are just her regular ones. He heads are on a ball peg and the hair splits and is removable so you can swap around for different combos.

Porker has several arms, two heads, straight up legs and the more dynamic ones in the pic.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It's just a shame about the nazis

Say what now!?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I mean they’re covered in iron crosses and their color scheme seems to be red/white/black so

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Not yet, I’m hoping Sentinel comes through for both him and Pav.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Not yet, I’m hoping Sentinel comes through for both him and Pav.

Agreed

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Get that bag

https://twitter.com/teamsters/status/1669763965306503185?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hell yeah, I was talking to our UPS guy about it yesterday. Dude was sweating buckets in a truck with no a/c in the middle of a Texas heatwave. The cargo area of his truck regularly gets to 120° in summer and all these motherfuckers have proposed as a fix are two lovely fans per truck and the promise to drag out fleetwide upgrades for the next two years at best. And all this while UPS’ profits have nearly doubled since Covid.

gently caress that.

Strike and get what you deserve from these fuckers.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

gently caress yeah, that rules

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh poo poo! SH Figuarts Jay Kay figure!! I gotta get one!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtiJ6SLrtKV/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

PLEASE loving re-release the Daft Punk duo I am not paying aftermarket evveeeeeerrrr

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Gwen’s student outfit is too fiddly to bother with again, and I had The Fear trying to get Ham’s web-shooter arm in but other than that, all is lovely. Still umming and ahhing about getting Peni and the bot. Maybe.

It was on sale on BBTS a few weeks ago as a one day sale and I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up UGH

Edit: its only $99 on Amazon which is only $6 more than the BBTS sale after shipping...fuuuuuckkk time to watch a review

epsilon fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Mickey Mousssssssssssssssssssse Cobra Commander final product is here!

The final production of the Hissssssssssssssss is going to be ssssssssshown ssssssssssssoon assssssssss well. Might even get ssssssssssssssssome more announcementssssssssssss.

SSSSSSSSSSSSDCC is only around the corner itssssssssssssself.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss