Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
My favorite part about bringing my toddler to Costco is that he likes to hold our card and flash it to people as we walk around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

You could make a pretty big batch of them fairly easily and freeze them.

It’s not the ingredients it is the filler and preservatives that will be wrong. I knew a guy who wouldn’t switch to a vape because he would get headaches because he wasn’t getting one of the fillers from a real cigarette.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rufio posted:

My favorite part about bringing my toddler to Costco is that he likes to hold our card and flash it to people as we walk around.

This is stolen valor unless your toddler has their own membership

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

bird with big dick posted:

This is stolen valor unless your toddler has their own membership

He gets the white card, nobody would believe he's an executive

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BigHead posted:

You have a local Costco Facebook group?! Is it more or less activity than this thread? Which do you prefer posting in, and why?
It’s way more active than this thread and they have scoops on upcoming and new deals

Also reports on “service dogs” taking a dump in the middle of the produce section

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Vegetable posted:

It’s way more active than this thread and they have scoops on upcoming and new deals

Also reports on “service dogs” taking a dump in the middle of the produce section

Ok
Please act as our spy and give us the truly insane deals and news you get there

Oh and Miele is the real deal

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Physical cards should be banished. Just get the gas pumps up to speed.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

hello, hello i’m here with a heads up. you can cop 1700 legos at church for $19.97 right at the moment. probably won’t be there much longer

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SirPablo posted:

Physical cards should be banished. Just get the gas pumps up to speed.

Tours aren't? I'm pretty sure the pumps at San Leandro can do that already.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

BJs is inferior but I would occasionally go there off a relative’s card as they sell stick pepperoni pretty cheap. Haven’t done so in a while because the dish I usually make with it (kinda like carbonara, but pepperoni instead of bacon, no egg, and broccoli added in) would probably kill me right now.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Got gas at CostCo for the first time ever today. I've had a membership for years, but the stars hadn't aligned for me to need gas AND there not be a crazy line at the pumps.

It was okay. I could have paid less at Fred Meyer (Kroger).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Oh, and today they were checking people's CostCo cards to make sure it was actually the person who had the card. The employee said that during the pandemic they got lax about that, and are now cracking down on card sharing.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What annoys me is there are no AMENITIES at the gas station. Like why the hell can't I have a pizza run out to my car while I'm pumping gas or a chicken bake

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The only thing I'm salty about is that the newest Costco that opened by me doesn't have diesel. But they do have twice as many pumps as normal and I've literally never had to wait in line when getting gas there because there's always some pumps open, usually even on the same side so I don't have to drag the hose around the car.

They also set it up with wider aisles and enough space between the pumps that it's easy to pull in/out around someone else.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What annoys me is there are no AMENITIES at the gas station. Like why the hell can't I have a pizza run out to my car while I'm pumping gas or a chicken bake

I’m already getting gas, what do I need the chicken bake for?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

gently caress outtahere with that because every goober in the gas line is already taking insanely long anyways

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Dick Fontaine posted:

hello, hello i’m here with a heads up. you can cop 1700 legos at church for $19.97 right at the moment. probably won’t be there much longer

They’ve been trying to get rid of these since before Christmas.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I would've snatched those up so fast if I saw them :(. My kid loves legos.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’m really sad I missed vacuum chat, I bought a Miele C1 canister vacuum on recommendation from the PYF Recent Purchases thread and checked with my then-professional house cleaning friend and that thing OWNS.

They also publish 3D printable accessories well after I bought but that also rules.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

namlosh posted:

Anyone have a reason to prefer one over the other or have issues with one of these?

I'm a little late, but only get filters that are certified HEPA.

Filters meeting the HEPA standard must satisfy certain levels of efficiency. Common standards require that a HEPA air filter must remove—from the air that passes through—at least 99.95% of particles whose diameter is equal to 0.3 μm, with the filtration efficiency increasing for particle diameters both less than and greater than 0.3 μm.

e: Otherwise the filter isn't guaranteed to be filtering anything meaningful out of the air.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 18, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Oh, and today they were checking people's CostCo cards to make sure it was actually the person who had the card. The employee said that during the pandemic they got lax about that, and are now cracking down on card sharing.
I was in the middle of laying and the dudes at the cashier next to me were asking "hey.... hey dude... uh, be a bro and let me use your card".

I'm like, in front of the cashier? Bitch you crazy.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

The only thing I'm salty about is that the newest Costco that opened by me doesn't have diesel. But they do have twice as many pumps as normal and I've literally never had to wait in line when getting gas there because there's always some pumps open, usually even on the same side so I don't have to drag the hose around the car.

They also set it up with wider aisles and enough space between the pumps that it's easy to pull in/out around someone else.

Does yours have the indicator lights telling you when the forward pump is open? It blew my mind when I read in one of the previous threads that there are Costcos where you'll get shived for trying to "cut".

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Vegetable posted:

That poster seems to just not like many companies

good for them

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I'm a little late, but only get filters that are certified HEPA.

Filters meeting the HEPA standard must satisfy certain levels of efficiency. Common standards require that a HEPA air filter must remove—from the air that passes through—at least 99.95% of particles whose diameter is equal to 0.3 μm, with the filtration efficiency increasing for particle diameters both less than and greater than 0.3 μm.

e: Otherwise the filter isn't guaranteed to be filtering anything meaningful out of the air.

10-4, thx for this

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand the lines for Costco gas. I've only payed attention in Tennessee and los Angeles but it seems the gas is maybe a couple cents cheaper than a normal gas station. Definitely doesn't seem worth dealing with the headache.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

cracker posted:

I don't understand the lines for Costco gas. I've only payed attention in Tennessee and los Angeles but it seems the gas is maybe a couple cents cheaper than a normal gas station. Definitely doesn't seem worth dealing with the headache.

Usually about 30 cents cheaper for me. I can wait five minutes. Pros long hose it for a shorter wait.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

cracker posted:

Mine is consistently 10 to 12 cents cheaper. If my Co was a little bit closer (we only have one), I'd never buy gas anywhere else.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
During the wild gas price swings, I'd see as much as 0.50 cents cheaper.

If you really care and drive around a significant enough area you know where the cheapest gas station is, and Costco is usually only a bit better for the inconvenience of lines.

You then get into people arguing that those places use 'inferior' gas or something. I never quite understood it and that kind of thing doesn't matter unless you have a high-performance engine.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Costco gas is usually 15-20 cents cheaper than anywhere else near me, I try to only get gas there

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?
Blessed, Jongga now carried at my 'Co. However, bought inferior kimchi last week, so this is now a 5 lb of kimchi in the fridge, single person household.

The refrigerated Chicken Pad Kee Mao / Drunken Noodles by Pulmuone were on sale for 1.97...anyone have experience freezing these?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

New discovery: the refrigerated beef kebab is good stuff. Easy ready protein for rice or pasta or wraps.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

You then get into people arguing that those places use 'inferior' gas or something. I never quite understood it and that kind of thing doesn't matter unless you have a high-performance engine.

Because of vehicle weight and fuel economy drat near everything has a high performance engine now. Tolerances are either, everything has a turbo now for fuel efficiency, and the amount of technology needed to reduce emissions is pretty wild. There a goon in yospos that works for one of the German companies and his posts on the subject of engine emissions are either enlightening or will make your eyes glaze over.

Forget about octane, it's not relevant to what I'm talking about. All of your local gasoline comes from the same refinery or refineries (my area has two). The difference is what additives are dumped in the tanker truck on it's drive to the gas station. Additives matter over time and are what separate the good gas from bad gas. Well, that and how much water is in the gas station's tanks.

Costco gas is unique. They don't trust the truck drivers to dump the additives into the tanker and instead mix the additives in the pump. Afaik they're the only ones operating pumps like that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

cracker posted:

What part of LA? Usually when I'm there (valley all the way down to south bay, so mostly west) gas is 30-50 cents cheaper at Costco than any other gas station, even the ones across the street.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Horn of Arby's posted:

Blessed, Jongga now carried at my 'Co. However, bought inferior kimchi last week, so this is now a 5 lb of kimchi in the fridge, single person household.

The refrigerated Chicken Pad Kee Mao / Drunken Noodles by Pulmuone were on sale for 1.97...anyone have experience freezing these?

Get the Jongga anyway it stays good for months

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dick Fontaine posted:

yeah I impulse-bought a box of these to gently caress around with on my desk when I get bored

this is like a 50+ dollar set MSRP; I was tempted to buy a bunch of them to resell but the boxes for the ones at my costco are beat to poo poo

I also considered buying them to part out but even my unemployed rear end doesn't want to moonlight as a bricklink seller

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Does yours have the indicator lights telling you when the forward pump is open? It blew my mind when I read in one of the previous threads that there are Costcos where you'll get shived for trying to "cut".

This new one does, yes. Four lights for each side of each row. And yet there will still be a line of a handful of dipshits who won't drive around to an empty pump or fill up on the "wrong" side, but there's plenty of room to drive around them.

Even at the stations that aren't set up like this, though, I've never seen anyone get mad for someone trying to fill in an empty pump instead of waiting for both cars to clear.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

What part of LA? Usually when I'm there (valley all the way down to south bay, so mostly west) gas is 30-50 cents cheaper at Costco than any other gas station, even the ones across the street.

I live in mar Vista on the edge of Santa Monica so my local Costco about three miles away would be marina del Rey. I'm sure it's cheaper than the ones right by it but I just checked the app and it's the exact same price of the gas station near me ($4.39 a gallon still sucks). Just my experience there is usually a gas station close by that has prices pretty similar was just curious if that is different elsewhere.

That Costco also has a in-n-out right next to the gas pump so that part of the lot is always a pain in the dick.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

cracker posted:

That Costco also has a in-n-out right next to the gas pump so that part of the lot is always a pain in the dick.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
allow me to inform you about gas prices in my area,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Time is cyclical, and so is the discussion on Costco gas prices