Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Preservation is close imo, because the shields it gives you on its own are generally pretty insignificant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Preservation is close imo, because the shields it gives you on its own are generally pretty insignificant.

While valid, the grand sum of Preservation's team building ask is "bring fire trailblazer". :v:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Then I'm doing something wrong with Cocolia because her third phase wrecks me. But maybe I need to try a different path. I keep going for the Hunt but I can't shield enough when she gets 3 actions in the last phase.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hunt is what I used to beat her. You need the double cast + recharge on kill bonuses though to mop up the ice pillar adds quickly so you aren't limping along by time time you get to phase 3.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But do u have the achievement for beating her without killing Bronya?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Walla posted:

Then I'm doing something wrong with Cocolia because her third phase wrecks me. But maybe I need to try a different path. I keep going for the Hunt but I can't shield enough when she gets 3 actions in the last phase.
i did abundance, if you have a healer and also the abundance burst you can just heal inbetween her actions

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Walla posted:

You focused and killed Bronya before Cocolia's phase 3, right? She makes Cocolia go a billion times and it can get out of hand really fast.

For phase 3 I just focused on getting Cocolia's break bar under half, so that when she starts channeling her ult you can 100% make sure you can break her. I think my team was initially FireMC + Natasha + Asta + Serval. My entire team was focused on breaking rather than doing DPS. I think Natasha and Serval were level 50 for a long time. Serval had defensive relics (and break effect + speed) everywhere just so she didn't die, lol.

I think my team actually does very little damage to any of the bosses overall. I always reroll my blessing until I'm able to get the card that lets the path ult charge faster. And then I just spam path ult to actually deal damage.

I don't actually remember which path I went on my first kill. It was probably Nihility or Preservation, those are my faves because both are hilarious in their own way. I think I have completed it with Hunt, though, because it helps you go more often and therefore break faster.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just tried a Seele-Silver Wolf-Bronya-Natasha team in Simulated Universe and holy poo poo Seele had a 150,000-damage hit and a few other over 100k, and yeah some of that was SU buffs but still

The team just utterly trashed Kafka, I think she got like 4 actions total, Break-focused Silver Wolf is obscene if you actually break with her

Can't wait to get my Bronya actual speed foodwear

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really want the sexy imaginary fox lady already!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

some people in this thread don't understand the motif of creative types who get obsessive with their competitors and supplant their own identity with a copy of their rival's in a pyschosexual way and it shows

Yup. Sad to see.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

I really want the sexy imaginary fox lady already!!

Foxian beauties are waiting for you

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Once you have enough SU upgrades to get 2(or 3) resonances, you can automatically beat almost any boss even if you're underpowered by going full Abundance, because the combination of the "periodically cast automatically" resonance and the "immune to status ailments for a turn" resonances give you such an absurd amount of healing that you can completely no sell every single SU boss's mechanics except Svarog phase 3. When I'm using Abundance and I fight Cocolia I don't even kill Bronya because it's funnier to watch her take 3 turns in a row and still fail to kill anyone.

There's an achievement for it, too!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Letting her take 3 turns in a row will definitely kill you if you are underpowered, regardless of how much healing you have.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Finally managed to get it. I needed Sushang to be able to focus Cocolia and Bronya down fast enough, and even that took a reset. I did it on the Hunt path and I still almost ran out of healing because Sushang and Asta were lapping Natasha as well as the boss. I don't think I'll be bothering to fight Cocolia again until I unlock 6-2.

Tomorrow I'm going to take team Elation to play with Gepard. March, Jing Yuan, Herta and Natasha. Should be fun.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

facepalmolive posted:

The guy is currently on MoC5 with a zero-pull account (though not sure if their LCs are no-pull; I think they got some 4* LCs and I don't remember if you can get those for free). They're using Herta mostly because you literally don't have any other free units.
A bunch of 4* lightcones are obtainable from the Forgotten Hall store and from Echo of War.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You also get several light cones as rewards from the different stores. Woof!, Breakfast, Wildfire, Moles, and I think Fermata. All ones you can also buy from Forgotten Hall.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

For anyone interested, Dreamy posted her guide on Herta.

https://youtu.be/vOLxGk0BSsc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i somehow got enough speed substats on other pieces for my Silver Fox that I can use atk% on her boots without feeling like i'm missing out.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

Letting her take 3 turns in a row will definitely kill you if you are underpowered, regardless of how much healing you have.

:shrug: The first time I beat her with Bronya alive was when I was still 10 levels under her, and the Abundance auto-pop(and like two Bailu ults over the course of the entirety of phase 3) was enough to keep me alive for the entire fight, and she was taking her standard double turn and getting a Bronya turn fairly regularly.

I was still using a defensive setup with Bailu + Fire MC to cushion some of the damage due to being underleveled at the time, I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you're healing in between with ults and auto-resonance it's not 3 turns in a row. Plus of course Bailu's buffs in particular are optimized for that situation. Level isn't the only source of "power."

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i was keeping bronya alive, but thought she would disappear in 3rd phase, but she stayed, she ended up dying from residue AoE damage from resonance or fireblazer ults lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

IE: You did not win solely because Abundance is easy mode, you won because of your team comp.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I probably would have had an easier time with Bailu or Gepard if I pulled either.

Every attempt was with Fireblazer and Natasha. Tried it with Serval and Asta, Asta and Welt, Serval and Welt, March and Asta. Finally got it with Asta and Sushang, and I finally got the right Hunt blessings to let me loop her.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i swear these cube puzzles reset or something, keep seeing new puzzles even though i swear i done them all, and i do daily routes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They ran out in the first week of the game for me. You must have just missed a bunch.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You do them all and then meet a guy in the Artisanship Commission who resets them with a slightly different pattern. There's 15 in total I think, so 30 after the reset. Definitely more fun than the lasers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've burnt like 10 stamina potions today farming upgrade materials to max out Clara and I've barely made a dent. At least her counter is fully maxed out now.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I have four characters and three LCs at 80 now and I'm all spent, haven't even touched traces yet. This is gonna take a while :sigh:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I've only managed to get one char/LC to 80 + some traces upgrades so far and I have to resist the siren call of relic domains, the 50%+ def substats my Seele has are really bugging me.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

How the gently caress was I surprised by this. drat he's good.

I decided to be a cop because that's my museum you little poo poo! I'd obviously picked the other option if it wasn't.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 18, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Clarste posted:

IE: You did not win solely because Abundance is easy mode, you won because of your team comp.

I am 100% confident I could have accomplished the same thing with Natasha, and either way it would have been close to impossible to leave Bronya alive with an underleveled party without Abundance.

Of course I won in part because of my team comp, but that doesn't change the insane survivability boost of Abundance letting you get away with incredibly dumbass risky stuff with no punishment. If Abundance can keep you alive and successful when you're deliberately doing something really dumb(such as not killing Bronya when fighting Cocolia ten levels under her), it follows that it makes you close to completely invincible when you're not at that kind of disadvantage.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 18, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I feel like 3-2 is the sweet spot for TB 40-50. Gepard is mostly just a defense check and is pretty simple to take down especially if you're only few levels below him.

I just did a 3-2 Destruction and Remembrance run. I think I like Remembrance.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Black Griffon posted:

How the gently caress was I surprised by this. drat he's good.

I decided to be a cop because that's my museum you little poo poo! I'd obviously picked the other option if it wasn't.

Same and also it was the option that gave you a laughable amount of credits* as a reward, which you don't get with the other option.

*Absolutely in character.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Who needs a healer? Svarog didn't stand a chance. Nihility rules.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is there a way to access this area in the artisanship commission or is it currently barred off for everyone?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It opens up during a mission later.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Same and also it was the option that gave you a laughable amount of credits* as a reward, which you don't get with the other option.

*Absolutely in character.

I should have thrown that fucker to Pela because it was only 5k credits. You telling me this is a third of your lucrative relic selling business???

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

He's very good at what he does. He's also very bad at what he does.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Boy being 80 sure helps with MoC, hope they don't tune up the lower floors anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can finally start farming decent relics now!

I'm working on Break Effect Silver Wolf at the moment. Should I go for the Quantum set or the thief set? I have her in Thief for now because it's just better than the Quantum gear I have.

Also, is 17% crit rate better than 16% break effect? Her crit right now is a measly 7% but bumping that up means losing the 4 piece thief bonus.