Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked the piano version of the OP in the reconciliation scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arist posted:

I liked the piano version of the OP in the reconciliation scene

It's a nice callback to the plant quetta attack where the piano cover of The Blessing plays as Prospera does a similar "uplifting" scene with Suletta. Except here it's a mutual exchange of support rather than "killing people is fine of you've got good reasons!"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Calibarn fighting looks cool as hell.

I'm betting next ep will have Suletta sitting down and having a stern talk with her little (big?) sister.

Enjoyed the 0079 callback with the fencing scene.

I'm almost positive Guel is going to end up piloting the Schwarzette after talking down Lauda. It's such a cool design teased so far in advance, it makes no sense if it was only ever used once by the Garma Clone on a pointless and misplaced quest for revenge. And more importantly, it makes no sense Guel would be piloting the jobber suit from the first ep again when Bandai knows they can make money selling new mechs for a popular character.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Actually I don't know if Guel will get the chance to pilot Schwarzette. Guel proposes using Schwarzette as part of their plan but Belmeria says it would take to long to calibrate it before Quiet Zero arrives. Lauda has already taken off with it and doesn't know about the plan since he's on the crazy train. He might not even trigger a permet score, and Schwarzette just gets overridden by the datastorm hijacking and the suit gets turned into another drone by Eri with fatal results.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Arc Hammer posted:

It's a nice callback to the plant quetta attack where the piano cover of The Blessing plays as Prospera does a similar "uplifting" scene with Suletta. Except here it's a mutual exchange of support rather than "killing people is fine of you've got good reasons!"

The way light starts entering Miorine's room as Suletta talks, and the "I'll get the door" bit were :kiss:

And the shut-the-gently caress-up look Miomio gives Guel afterwards :haw:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The ED stuff still feels more like Schwarzette than Calibarn, so I could see it going down as Eri and Suletta fight, Suletta gets killed, her data ghost ends in Schwarzette to save Miorinne. That gets all the gundams in play in a more relevant way than Guel having a side duel just to have something to do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Eimi posted:

The ED stuff still feels more like Schwarzette than Calibarn, so I could see it going down as Eri and Suletta fight, Suletta gets killed

No :colbert:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eimi posted:

The ED stuff still feels more like Schwarzette than Calibarn, so I could see it going down as Eri and Suletta fight, Suletta gets killed, her data ghost ends in Schwarzette to save Miorinne. That gets all the gundams in play in a more relevant way than Guel having a side duel just to have something to do.

Stop trying to kill the tanuki :argh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Suletta isn't gonna die

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/alma314_/status/1670446808752070656?t=EkMa9wxK7KyWRkatkvnyxw&s=19

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sheesh they are really rushing this. Seems less and less likely this is getting another season, which is sad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Sheesh they are really rushing this. Seems less and less likely this is getting another season, which is sad.

Movie sequel, I'll take anything

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Meowywitch posted:

Movie sequel, I'll take anything

Don't ask for a movie sequel. If you do then Japan will get it months before the rest of us and the wait will be pure agony.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We'll probably get another series/special in the setting but Sulette and Miorine's story is more than likely gonna be over once this series is done which I'm cool with. Go farm tomatoes on Earth and be happy and married

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Don't ask for a movie sequel. If you do then Japan will get it months before the rest of us and the wait will be pure agony.

Hey it'd get fansubbed pretty quickly

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

We'll probably get another series/special in the setting but Sulette and Miorine's story is more than likely gonna be over once this series is done which I'm cool with. Go farm tomatoes on Earth and be happy and married

I mean it depends on what they would focus on. Miorine and Suletta could leave it all behind to go be tomato farmers, or the next two episodes could see Suletta becoming the ideal of the Gund Format that Vanadis strived for without the corrupting influence of vengeance that Prospera has and the power couple set to work helping where they can. They could use these last two episodes to conclude the conflict with Prospera while leaving the other story elements open for future stories.

I really am hoping that we don't relegate a bunch of things like reconciliation with Earth, the fate of the Benerit Group and the SAL to a last episode montage.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hellioning posted:

If it's not getting a sequel

Why would it be getting rushed? It would be getting exactly what was always allotted for it. Like actually makes no sense here short of bad writing. And Okouchi's stuff has had problems in the past, but "Rushed" wasn't it.

In contrast, you can rush to hit a climax so you can move on from there.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Here’s my question about any sequel series/special: would Banrise sideline two of the most popular characters in the show? I’m not well versed in anime so I’m genuinely curious if they would do that, from a business perspective.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Here’s my question about any sequel series/special: would Banrise sideline two of the most popular characters in the show? I’m not well versed in anime so I’m genuinely curious if they would do that, from a business perspective.

Feels more like a reaction to prior Gundam shows given that the initial run of UC series focused on mostly new faces each time out with a few carryovers. However you could just as easily look the changing market of anime since the 80s and point to the second seasons of Gundam 00 and Iron Blooded Orphans to show that it's not impossible for a follow up to also focus on the original cast.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Just have it be the new UC, with Amuro loving off, then Kamille loving off, then Judau loving off...

... just, yknow, for good reasons instead of "War is hell"

Realistically speaking, though, Miorine's... still head (or sub head or whatever if Delling just takes it back) of a superpowered conglomerate. They'd probably still be involved in the future.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supremezero posted:

Just have it be the new UC, with Amuro loving off, then Kamille loving off, then Judau loving off...

... just, yknow, for good reasons instead of "War is hell"

Or they could keep loving around rather than loving off because they've got a lot of work to do unfucking the world adults left for them.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

Doubt it, I think this is going to be the end of Guel's arc where he can defeat a 'Gundam' on his own strength but also able to save Lauda

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If there is a second season I hope Prospera is the villain again, but with a whole new different scheme.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
schwarzette gonna crash in price next week.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Modern Bandai Namco/Sunrise from a business point of view seems to be okay with new entries in a franchise having a new cast but very much wants actual direct sequels to have the same cast (UC stuff be the exception cause it's UC)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Zeruel posted:

schwarzette gonna crash in price next week.

It already crashed when they revealed it as pure b/w instead of the grey-lilac of the promo materials.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
Hi thread I finally caught up.

Really really happy Miomio and Tomato reconciled. Plot rush is obvious but still enjoying good show a lot

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Have we talked about all the overt Star Wars (1977) allusions in this one? Miorine's turtleneck and the debriefing scene were pretty conspicuous. Gundam finally getting back to its roots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mio still needs a big captain hat

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gripweed posted:

If there is a second season I hope Prospera is the villain again, but with a whole new different scheme.

How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old lady?!?!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I hope the Mercury/Samaya family works out their issues in a productive and satisfactory manner.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Arc Hammer posted:

Except everyone knows Aerial can beat antidote tech and she wouldn't need to go to Shaddiq for that. I'm really not sure what he has to offer for the immediate situation apart from tossing his girls into mobile suits or as part of the infiltration team.

Even the Lfriths could beat Antidote. All it takes is pushing the Permet Score even higher into "kill the pilot" levels.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DoctorWhat posted:

Have we talked about all the overt Star Wars (1977) allusions in this one? Miorine's turtleneck and the debriefing scene were pretty conspicuous. Gundam finally getting back to its roots.

This is really funny because I was just rewatching some War in the Pocket today, and when the Kampfer draws its beam saber it makes the drat Lightsaber sound effect.

Also a little more relevant to the thread, 0080 draws an explicit connection between mobile suit development and prosthetic limb development, and the second episode is named Reflections in a Brown Eye (one of Gwitch’s El4n-centered episodes is named Reflections in and Icy Eye). Just more pulling from the UC!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if there might be a surprise 25th episode, things are just going way too fast at this point.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The Super Gundnodes are so cool

https://twitter.com/g_witch_m/status/1670349356158058496?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Those fuckers are going to be Carriers in SRW, and extremely annoying.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

God I love that stupid smiley he's using (𓁹‿𓁹)

I don't know what else to say about this ep that hasn't already been said. Ryouji is a little goober, though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dub Episode 19 Time. Not the Best Way.

Not the Best Elan, more like. Aaron Dismuke is out this episode and the new guy is... not him. There isn't much work for El0n and El5n in this episode but still, it was very noticeable. I hope this was just a scheduling thing and Aaron Dismuke isn't having health issues.

A lot of the episode still sounded very good, especially Maxwell's Prospera. Rather than sounding calm when she's trashing the Gundam stockpile like in the Japanese track she's got a tinge of barely restrained rage trembling in her voice and it is so good. Kenanji also has chops being able to switch from jolly fat guy to "oh right he's a SWAT team captain" in a flash. Secelia tormenting Martin was very fun in English, too. And the big Earth House therapy session was great. Special shoutout to Shipman's Norea having a breakdown. It was weird without Dismuke in the scene but Shipman sold it.

I felt that Miorine was a bit weaker this episode. Just a bit stilted from Van Sistine at times and in a few spots it seemed like they spliced together different takes where she switches from a shouting "HUH" reaction to a murmur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So the un-named Gunpla they announced but but haven't shown is 1000% the Caliburn, right? I feel like they are missing out by not selling the Gundnodes with their sick skull head motifs