Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Tsudura_Tsukumo/status/1670464010028994560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Prospera's true character developmentz: calling suletta a samaya (this prolly won't happen rip)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Landfill posted:

God I love that stupid smiley he's using (𓁹‿𓁹)

I don't know what else to say about this ep that hasn't already been said. Ryouji is a little goober, though

That's because he's the new head writer for the Spy x Family movie and second season

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Carteret posted:

So the un-named Gunpla they announced but but haven't shown is 1000% the Caliburn, right? I feel like they are missing out by not selling the Gundnodes with their sick skull head motifs

I've been perpetually disappointed that we never got a HGAW GX-Bit either but I'd love to see some Gundvolva or Gundnode kits.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So do you think that Prospera killed everybody at Plant Quetta or was it just empty when they evacuated and took all of their Quiet Zero parts with them?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder what enduring the "data storms" when piloting a Gundam is like

From what I understand, Gund-tech was originally conceived as advanced prosthetics/transhumaism to help humans live in space. Scaling that up to Mobile Suits is like asking the brain to move a body hundreds of times its size, in addition to activating jet boosters and even remote controlled bits or homing rockets.

What I can imagine is a sensory overload, or that feeling like your brain is going to explode when you're craming for an exam, except in this case your brain might actually explode for trying to handle so much information.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

From what I understand, Gund-tech was originally conceived as advanced prosthetics/transhumaism to help humans live in space. Scaling that up to Mobile Suits is like asking the brain to move a body hundreds of times its size, in addition to activating jet boosters and even remote controlled bits or homing rockets.

What I can imagine is a sensory overload, or that feeling like your brain is going to explode when you're craming for an exam, except in this case your brain might actually explode for trying to handle so much information.

I assumed sensory overload, since it would be transmitting data that the human brain has no way of processing (space coordinates, non-visible spectral data, etc). The brain is going AAAAHHHHH while still having to do all the giant robot piloting stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's a news debate in the prologue about exactly that. The human brain isn't designed to process 18 meter tall mecha data.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Skill issue.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Skill issue.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Too much data Suletta? Forgetta bout it!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Midjack posted:

I've been perpetually disappointed that we never got a HGAW GX-Bit either but I'd love to see some Gundvolva or Gundnode kits.

Well, I have good news for one of us:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/hgtwfm-1-144-24-gundvolva?variant=41948922347717

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SailorHannibal/status/1670626681537609729?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Nortrette comes up with the concept for Quiet Zero based on plant physiology since she's a bio-engineer. She's also the kind of person who writes messages to her daughter into the genetic code of tomatoes. A genetic memory, of sorts.

Permet can transfer information between itself and whatever it is hooked into. Suletta had memories uploaded into her by Eri. El4n had memories of the childhood he'd lost unlocked when Aerial hit him with a datastorm in Season 1.

Aerial and Suletta are going to have a talk next episode rather than a space battle, I'm sure of this. And I'm wondering if Eri or Prospera are going to start dropping some more info bombs on us. If QZ uses permet to transfer information like memories into people, even things that person never witnessed themselves (like Nadim's POV of his own death into Suletta), I'm thinking that Suletta is about to witness a genetic memory of Nortrette and Prospera via the datastorms when Eri and Prospera try to convince her that what they're doing is right. And as Suletta listens I think that the permet between Aerial and Calibarn might amplify and hit Permet 8 without the other Plant Quetta hardware. And that's when the weird poo poo will start happening.

Given that Earth House will be boarding QZ while this happens they could also be subjected to this display of memories along with everybody else within the datastorm. Whatever Nortrette and tomatoes and memories have to do with the way QZ functions will be revealed and the longer Suletta and Eri talk the bigger the datastorm will get as Calibarn keeps pushing the permet higher and higher.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
is "suletta's going to die" the new "suletta's a robot"?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont think she'll die but I do think there is a noticeably high chance that she might start to get eaten by the machine and her friends will have to pull her back into physical space.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I feel like the strongest evidence there will be another season is that I don't see how they'll be able to squeeze in the EX-Calibarn in two episodes.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

Aerial and Suletta are going to have a talk next episode rather than a space battle, I'm sure of this.

I... really doubt that.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This is Gundam, people have their talks mid-space battle

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Waffleman_ posted:

That's because he's the new head writer for the Spy x Family movie and second season

Oh! :eyepop: That makes sense!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Nuebot posted:

is "suletta's going to die" the new "suletta's a robot"?

I think just about everyone in earth house threw flags this episode. Suletta is the least likely to die.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Suletta is gonna throw a steel chair at her moms head, brother~~~

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

suletta will, in fact, die....in roughly....70 years?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

suletta dying would be the lamest thing lol. itd be one thing if this series was going super hard on Horrors of War or whatever but while there's been some death it hasnt really been like, ibo gritty. suletta dying would just feel really pointless at this juncture

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
shocking twist, kill miomio and put her in the gundam. BOOM gundam is president, everyone claps

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Midjack posted:

Gundvolva has at least been announced and Newtype has it listed as coming soon.

Waffleman_ posted:

Skill issue.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

I feel like the strongest evidence there will be another season is that I don't see how they'll be able to squeeze in the EX-Calibarn in two episodes.

I think that's probably going to be MSV poo poo or like, mobile game/SRW content. Unless its gun turns into like, armor or something.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
that episode was sick and is setting up the final confrontation. we probably resolve the fight this next episode and mostly wrap up for 24

Waffleman_ posted:

Skill issue.

:hmmyes:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i like the clean, functional, and vaguely menacing design of the calibarn. it looks like a piece of (admittedly prototype) military equipment rather than a toy for rich kids to play-fight in. also it has big angry eyebrows!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Please hear meeeee

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

El4n described the feeling of piloting a gundam as "like a hand reaching so roughly into the back of my head" which isn't data storms but is a starting point to go off of

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Please hear meeeee

Yeah this is kind of like unicorn but cooler in every way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I liked it better when it was the Zeta

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I'm pretty sure every frame of that fight referenced an older show. The GUND-Bits that the MA Gundnodes used gave me real Providence vs Freedom vibes, for example.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Big props to all the people who after the first episode were like "Bits? I thought bits were more of a thing for final antagonist Suits?"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gripweed posted:

Big props to all the people who after the first episode were like "Bits? I thought bits were more of a thing for final antagonist Suits?"

It was also on several non final antagonist suits here :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if we'll ever see Pharact again. The episode made it clear that Gund Arm still possesses Pharact because they propose using it before Bel shoots them down saying it isn't strong enough. And El5n isn't hopping back inside it again.

Here lies Pharact: thought of Permet Score 5 and quit.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder if we'll ever see Pharact again. The episode made it clear that Gund Arm still possesses Pharact because they propose using it before Bel shoots them down saying it isn't strong enough. And El5n isn't hopping back inside it again.

Here lies Pharact: thought of Permet Score 5 and quit.

Imagine the DA SHARE ZONE memes but with Pharact instead of a skeleton.

"If it sucks, hit da bricks!" - El5n, probably

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Technowolf posted:

School
Gundam’s
Greenhouses
Open Warfare if your fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Technowolf posted:

https://twitter.com/ayanarts/status/1654599027831508993