Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SuellaBraverman/status/1670695468421074945

She's trying to incite rioting now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

100,000 fewer police officers sounds like a win

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Good. High time it kicked off. Looks like it’s going to be a hot sweaty summer in the cities too.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Selling tinder for her Reichstag fire

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I feel like quite a few of these 100,000 dangerous weapons are something like a butter knife. If you see a picture of them it'll be like one of those photos yank cops do that shows a few bags of weed an $30 in singles.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If she wants to clear dangerous weapons off the streets then I can point to one who just resigned from parliament.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

bessantj posted:

I feel like quite a few of these 100,000 dangerous weapons are something like a butter knife. If you see a picture of them it'll be like one of those photos yank cops do that shows a few bags of weed an $30 in singles.

why would someone be carrying a butter knife?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Intent to commit assault and buttery

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The more likely question would be "Why would a policeman present a butter knife as a dangerous weapon they've taken off the streets" and the likely answer is "Because they've been given a quota to meet"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Perhaps they've bought it in a shop and are taking it home. Perhaps they're taking it to a friends house because their friend is without a butter knife. Perhaps they found it on the ground and are taking it to the closest bin but council cut backs means it's a long walk to said bin.

I hope any of these prompts help you with your writing.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
sometimes it's nice to butter a crumpet on the go

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine being stabbed with a butter knife and dying with the knowledge you died by being stabbed with a knife that isn't even sharp.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Imagine being stabbed with a butter knife and dying with the knowledge you died by being stabbed with a knife that isn't even sharp.

don't joke, butter emails brought down a whole country

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

bessantj posted:

Perhaps they've bought it in a shop and are taking it home. Perhaps they're taking it to a friends house because their friend is without a butter knife. Perhaps they found it on the ground and are taking it to the closest bin but council cut backs means it's a long walk to said bin.

I hope any of these prompts help you with your writing.

Ok but the only evidence we have for someone being stop and searched and the result being the confiscation of a butter knife is you feeling like it has happened many times.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Can't even carry your own butter knife to reduce dependence on single-use plastics anymore. Never going to stay below 4°C with this kind of strategy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The more important concern is why are they still pretending that stop and search even works, despite large amounts of evidence that it does worse than nothing.

And the answer is:

I wonder where those numbers came from, because Black people are not 13% of the UK population.
https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/1352-1390

Anti Defamation League posted:

The number 13 used in conjunction with either the number 52 or the number 90 is a shorthand reference to racist propaganda claims by white supremacists against African Americans to depict them as savage and criminal in nature.

In this numeric shorthand, the number 13 refers to the purported percentage of the U.S. population that is African American.

Someone should tell Tufton Street to at least file the numbers off when importing culture wars from the loving Klan.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ok but the only evidence we have for someone being stop and searched and the result being the confiscation of a butter knife is you feeling like it has happened many times.

Ah right, when I said "something like a butter knife" I didn't mean a literal butter knife I was using it to suggest that the police may have confiscated something that isn't particularly dangerous but counting it as a win anyway. I freely admit I don't know if this has happened.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding and we can all move on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
99 must be having a bad house day again

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

https://twitter.com/dominicpenna/status/1670742479920943104?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Someone who gets it.

https://twitter.com/paulsinha/status/1670695868792545280

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Respect the Sinnerman

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
you can carry a butter knife

as long as it's a folding and non-locking blade with a total blade length of not more than three inches

or, you can demonstrate to a court beyond reasonable doubt that you were urgently needed to sling some vitalite over some sunblest

or, just be white and middle aged

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although the definition of 'locking' is so broad now that's it's approaching New York's infamous 'gravity knife' laws, where at the discretion of a copper if he can get it to open one handed (even if the person with it obviously lacks the dexterity to) then he can call it a gravity knife.

Make sure your folding knives are well oiled so they don't inadvertently stick open.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I laughed

DJT518T
Aug 4, 2010
Ah but not so well oiled you can flick it open!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
And not so under-oiled as to have no butter on them, ready for spreading

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
:rip: if you're in Scotland

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Am I a bad enough dude to butter a scone with a switchblade :thunk:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Good news:

https://twitter.com/meadwaj/status/1670722315007533059

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Microplastics posted:

Those are some tiny midges, I thought they where larger. We got these larger annoying fuckers by the billions in Finland, their flight make this whining sound when they come near you. Nothing worse than one of those fuckers in your room at night.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Microplastics posted:

I'm not in Scotland but the dead midges around my bug screens are in thick layers. Never seen anything like it. Just glad they're external not coming in apart from the brief seconds when I pull the screen off to shut the window to smallest opening at night.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

Those are some tiny midges, I thought they where larger. We got these larger annoying fuckers by the billions in Finland, their flight make this whining sound when they come near you. Nothing worse than one of those fuckers in your room at night.

Are you sure those aren't mosquitoes?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Failed Imagineer posted:

Truss still sticking with the Dolchstoss interpretation of why her "mini-budget" sucked so much poo poo that it schlonged the UK economy and her political career

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1670714585932808193?t=-vJGPBm_2o1HEydcHd_b8w&s=19

Quite a lot of the gilt yields are back up to the highest levels of her crisis and no one seems to be mentioning it so she's wrong overall but she does have a point.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

See to me they're neither. I call them "krankar" or "satans helvetes krankjävlar" and I thought it translated to midges.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There is something amazing about how the entire world collectively turned around to Truss and called her a pigshit idiot so hard she resigned weeks into her premiership only to then pick herself back up and is going to spend the rest of her life crying about it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Microplastics posted:

My brother in law does lots of work in the scottish countryside and always comments on the insane amounts of insects. If it's a bumper year it's going to be plague levels. :stare:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They're midges. We had plagues of mozzies in Egypt and they're bigger than midges. I got special midge-mesh for my bug screens, smaller grid size than regular bug screens which block mozzies but not midges. Usually sold to the Scottish market but I live very close to the river and the midges can be horrendous May to September.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

Make sure your folding knives are well oiled so they don't inadvertently stick open.
that’s what the butter is for!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

a salty buttery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Lol. Keith akehurst

https://twitter.com/ClaraRo55/status/1670740900991885312?s=20