Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mandoric posted:

That's, uh, gonna be a little bit dull, but there's very little I'm not going to be able to carve through. Stats will be decent, no magic but I don't have barely anything that scales on magic. Another one of those maybe unironically do brave blade rolls, the only difficult-but-doable i think I'll see is getting enough Thundaga on Omega and Ragnarok's probably off the table unless I hit a breakpoint where drain sword and AFK?

Does !Spellblade work with CK and !Mug? Leaves your Thief as an itembot but you probably need one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mandoric posted:

That's, uh, gonna be a little bit dull, but there's very little I'm not going to be able to carve through. Stats will be decent, no magic but I don't have barely anything that scales on magic. Another one of those maybe unironically do brave blade rolls, the only difficult-but-doable i think I'll see is getting enough Thundaga on Omega and Ragnarok's probably off the table unless I hit a breakpoint where drain sword and AFK?

You've got Freelancer, you could bonk Shin with a Power Staff and then blind him with the Dark Bow while you clap his rear end with Flare Blade CK mugging.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just make sure to get the Power Staff drop in Meatfort, as once you finish W2 you can no longer get it and would be stuck with the Wonder Rod.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I haven't done one of these in a while. Got White MAge for my first job. I think Siren has a phase where she's undead?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Mandoric posted:

Hey fellow Mime-start buddy.

I don't know if you're doing unlocked jobs or not but four-mimes to start really suuuucks. Like four freelancers who can't equip poo poo. You can wield both the flail and daggers, so there's that, but of course none of the other benefits of thief or white. Still haven't fought Garula yet, not looking forward to it.

But on the plus side, I felt really clever when I only had one potion left to fight Siren, chucked it at her, then mimic'd that.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 20, 2023

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I haven't done one of these in a while. Got White MAge for my first job. I think Siren has a phase where she's undead?

Yeah, White Mage isn't bad for Siren - it's honestly a very safe first job, just a slog. Don't miss the flail in the ship graveyard, and remember to grab Silence or the Magissa fight will be a nightmare. Garula is safe but boring as poo poo and then you finally get a job that can deal damage.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
I'm back after a couple of years! And I've started a Meteor run. I've just gotten the Water Crystal and have Samurai / Dragoon, and since I'm running Fiesta mod, this means a hilarious early game with Zeninage.

Case in point:

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game:

Garula before Living Flame

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:

$2 for every pridefully named buttz up to $100

Buttz+ is pridefully repping the + in LGBTQ+ for those like me who fall under it. :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, White Mage isn't bad for Siren - it's honestly a very safe first job, just a slog. Don't miss the flail in the ship graveyard, and remember to grab Silence or the Magissa fight will be a nightmare. Garula is safe but boring as poo poo and then you finally get a job that can deal damage.

Thanks!

Trying to do it with the Pixel Remaster for the first time, so I went with a normal 375 run. There's probably mods for fiesta for FFVPR though?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

That's my normal run done - I blasted through it thanks to downtime at work.
I got the exact same lineup as last year (Black mage / Time mage / Ninja / Chemist) so it was pretty much the same approach as last time. I'd like to have done Omega but maybe next time. Shinryu was easy enough though thanks to !Image.

I think next I'll do the Meteor (Chaos) run with forbidden or fifth job or zerker risk or gently caress it, all three.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

MonsieurChoc posted:

Thanks!

Trying to do it with the Pixel Remaster for the first time, so I went with a normal 375 run. There's probably mods for fiesta for FFVPR though?

I asked in discord and there's not actually an unlock all jobs mod for pixel but there is an unlocked save

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

I asked in discord and there's not actually an unlock all jobs mod for pixel but there is an unlocked save

Hmm, alright.

Loving the PR so far though. The music is great!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thanks Krile, this is you're the best Scion. ♥

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a friend of mine is doing his first run and just got his final jobs, it seems like a bit of a rough lot:

any advice for him in terms of skills, items to grab, etc? he told me that he feels like he has no real Tech and is worried that's going to catch up to him once just killing things with Knight damage falls off

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

White Mage / Red Mage / Geomancer so far - not a slam-dunk comp but it will do nicely! Not sure which earth crystal job I should be crossing my fingers for, tbh.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Countblanc posted:

a friend of mine is doing his first run and just got his final jobs, it seems like a bit of a rough lot:

any advice for him in terms of skills, items to grab, etc? he told me that he feels like he has no real Tech and is worried that's going to catch up to him once just killing things with Knight damage falls off

With Gaia to make the rune axe good on the Zerk, Two handed, Knight Swords, and Dance you have a lot of damage so I don't think it's a problem

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

!Gaia doesn't pass on a magic stat, you want Equip Axes on the Geomancer instead.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah and until then just have two-handed on everyone, it passes on a smaller portion of strength but still enough to be absolutely good enough for most encounters. You can't two-hand knives on a Dancer, but they'll be fine when they get chicken anyways.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

That team is fine. It's not great for the superbosses, but he'll be able to kill NED. By the time knight damage actually starts to fall off, he has chicken knife dancing and access to equip ribbons.

Grab the ribbons from karnak 500, death sickles from the berserkers on crescent isle. Make sure to grab the chicken knife and the rainbow dress.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Run 1 done with a team of Monk/Mystic Knight/Samurai/Dragoon. This team was great at physical damage but needed items and Drain Spellblade to heal.

Next run will be RegOnion.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Death Sickles / Scythes are huge for the Crystals. Make sure to farm them before leaving for Galuf's world, would be my advice!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Got Summoner for my second job. Gonna go grab some fire rods for Shiva and then lol. Lmao even.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

Jackanapes before Byblos
Prototype before Sol Cannon
Skull Eater before Archaeoaevis
Shield Dragon before Tyrannosaur
Exdeath's Soul before Stoker (the Island Shrine boss)
Stingray before Leviathan
King Behemoth before Azulmagia

Of course, you still need to beat the boss, too. I'm still brainstorming, so I might come up with other ideas or change this before the fiesta actually starts. I'm welcome to other folks' ideas too.

My RegOnion on Waddler Fiesta Patch team of Thief/White Mage/Geomancer/Dragoon defeated the random Garula before the story Garula.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Mustached Demon posted:

Happy Pride Month just took out the Warriors of the Void!

Three cheers for Finisher fishing, especially since Mini doesn't affect its damage.

Time Mage also effectively soloed Omega and Shinryu for the triple crown!

Shout out to the Waddler Patch. Made my TIM/THF early game way less of a slog with Open Fire, not to mention the Dragoon buffs.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 19, 2023

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Oh, I'll do a standard run for my first one, that should be nice and simple."

:magical:

Guess I'm gonna triple crown or die trying.

And speaking of dying trying...

There Are Even Twelve Of Them
$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Job Scholarship Program
This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new-ish to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one.
Sometimes a newer player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify*, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

* Qualifications are entirely arbitrary, but if you have to ask, you probably qualify.

And a new one...

Teetotaller
This is an advanced challenge, on the honor system, and not recommended for newer players.
$5 for each player to beat the game without ever using any of the following items in battle: Potions, Antidotes, Hi-Potions, Ethers, Elixirs, or Drinks. (You may still use Holy Water, that's sprinkled, not drunk.)
If you triple-crown, this is improved to $10. Maximum of $30 total.

No Fat Chocobo incentive this time as I've left the Fiesta server for reasons I won't go into and have no plans to return.

Edit:

Kyrosiris posted:

:toxx: gently caress You, Yoshi-P, I'm Not Learning That! :toxx:
Oh, this should be fun. I'm thinking... Aeroga, Goblin Punch, Vampire, Mighty Guard, White Wind, 1000 Needles, aaand... Level 5 Death. Because gently caress Adamantoise.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 19, 2023

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

May as well post this here! This will be my first run of this in close to a decade. Meteor with Extra job.

My start was with White Mage. It's slow, but it's fairly easy if you know what you're doing. I took the time to get to Lv8 before Karlabos, it doesn't hurt to have buffer. I also made sure to get two extra pairs of Leather Shoes beforehand. No problem with the lobster, and they arguably have the easiest time in the Ship Graveyard. Despite slowing Galuf (Flail user, didn't bother to switch it), Siren died in one undead cycle. I could've waited out Magisa's 200MP but just went for it. The Drains stopped and she fell. Her husband was rendered impotent with Protect. The elephant was similar: I had only Galuf attacking with the Flail, everyone else defended or healed.

Second class? Samurai. I use a job unlock code because why wouldn't you use it if you're using Volcano or Meteor? But I need that money for other things and throwing it would be a bit dull. Besides, Samurai is plenty strong without it. It was great to have actual physical damage though - previous dungeons had been slow since I'm keeping Brave Blade on the table in case Gladitator is the extra. To that end, I took the time to grind out Shirahadori on everyone but Bartz (staying as White Mage) before the Fire Ship. Confusion wrecked LiquidFlame, but I did need to recalibrate at one point when she kept refusing to change into the Tornado form. Not like it was hard to do that with four White Magic users.

Escaped Karnak with over a minute to spare and looting everything but one Shuriken chest. I got Beastmaster as my third. Fun, if a candidate for being replaced with the extra job. I proceeded to take it too far, you'll see. It started with a Mani Wizard on Ifrit, which I had a devil of a time trying to catch. End result was instant death. Byblos was mauled by a bear, whipped into paralysis, and stabbed to death from there.

With the ship, I took on some tough enemies. Skull Eater cave wasn't a problem, a critical hit eventually got one. Criticals from Ashuras blew right through Prototype's 100 defense. No need to use !Control. Double Corbettes weren't a problem, just a slugfest; same for Ramuh. I did use !Control on Mini Dragons, since their evasion was annoying. Cura on everyone else kept me healthy. Finally, Jackanapes. I'd looted the Elven Mantle earlier with quicksaves, but I fought it for real here. Set up with Protect, broke its defense with Flail, and from there the Samurais did enough damage to eventually win.

Against proper bosses from here, Dhrome Chimera release destroyed Sandworm. Crayclaw got paralyzed by whips and wrecked. I threw a Corbette for Tail Screw on Adamantoise. If I wanted to be mean, Headstone, Aegir, or Crew Dust could've blinded it. The Flamethrowers and Rocket Launchers dragged, but were surmountable. Releasing a Prototype on Sol Cannon wrecked the launchers, then the fight was academic with White Magic. No problems in the Ronka Ruins. I had some fun with Archeoaevis: Page 32 release on phase 2 to instantly destroy it, then a bear on phase 5. Last job: Chemist. I reloaded, left the ruins, and grinded out some materials. I had no plans to use !Mix for the same reason I was avoiding giltoss. Yet. But I wanted to get ready ahead of time.

Against the bomb squad, !Control and self self-destruct dealt with them. Could've caught AoE, but shrug. Controlled a Gaiacat on North Mountain to get Float for Titan, easy with Protect from there. Manticore needed a hug, so I had a Calcruthl give it one. Gilgamesh 1 is vulnerable to mini.

But there was a problem with Gilgamesh 2. All that grinding for items and abilities made me way overleveled, which I don't mind because I plan to go for triple crowns and beyond. I was level 28. Same as Gilg 2. The same Gilg 2 that has Goblin Punch. Breaking the !Mix restriction here to level him up was something I would have totally done...if any of them were accessible: Dragon Fangs and Holy Water can only be obtained after the Bridge. Naturally, breaking it to strip his MP was also possible if I wanted. Of course there was a smarter way than just leveling to 29: I caught a Black Flame in World 1 and let loose, suddenly he was level 14 and there was no danger from the fight with Protect up. I went even further by saving up a Rock Slug for Slimer to slow him after his buffs (immune to silence on GBA, seemingly). Excessive, yes, but at this point I'm pretty much making a statement.

I unlocked !Iainuki for Galuf in late World 1 due to all my fighting, so he went White Mage and started slicing randoms apart. More tough enemies for fun: Kuza Beasts are vulnerable to confusion, and with them able to cast ???? on themselves, it ended as hilariously as you think. Shield Dragons are of course infamously vulnerable to !Control. I could probably pull it off without later once I can get to Moore for a Rainbow Wind catch (or with !Mix or Giltoss). Sandcrawlers in the desert you're not supposed to cross are vulnerable to paralysis and besides that are physical only. And I just picked up Blink. No problem. Tyrannosaur is traditionally cheesed with a Phoenix Down. I went for a different flavor: Strapparer, shadowy enemies on the overworld near Exdeath's Castle, cast Death Claw when released. Immune to the paralysis portion so there's still a chance of seeing a funny ???? but otherwise no problem.

Now for my first informal crown: Gil Turtle might not be recognized as a superboss by that, but it's always a minor one to me. Galuf, Lenna, and Faris all had Elven Mantles. Lenna had the Main Gauche for extra protection. Galuf and Faris had Shirahadori. A-Butz had nothing but these things happen. Everyone had !White secondary. I took a trip to Drakenvale, fed a Poison Eagle an Ether, and got Float.

I'm sticking to no !Mix, not that I needed it. Lenna quaffed a Speed Shake to go fast, and I got up Protect and Blink. Galuf was the main damage dealer with the Healing Staff, which did just under 500, but Faris could contribute with Dancing Dagger. Jitterbugs and Tempting Tango did nothing, Mystery Waltz did drain her MP, but stabs did chip (and halved evasion) while Sword Dances did a little over 800 each time. I did try out Ashura, but it wasn't damaging enough and the crits were too rare comparatively. It was just a matter of spamming Blink whenever one dropped. The most important thing was that it never hit Lenna: the Turtle counterattack is weird with its status infliction. You're most likely familiar with Poison/Blind. Bone Mail immunities make it inflict HP leak. But if you just have Poison immunity, say from the Angel Robe? Aging, Paralysis, and Confusion.

It took a long time. Lenna used Ethers to double their potency when needed. But I made it through, no problem.

Reflecting after, it was better for Lenna act as White Mage with !Drink and have someone else as the Chemist with White Magic; she would also be able to drink Hero Cocktails to get more damage. Didn't stock up on those though, I had all of two to use. I tried this altered strategy out in the next fight - going through the whole tunnel - and she did about 100 damage more on average. More importantly, it meant I had another person with haste. She actually did get hit by Turtle and inflicted by those statuses (thanks to a bug where status immunities persist for a battle after removing equipment, as long as you were in battle with it once before, and even stack with whatever equipment you've put on), but I had Esuna on-hand with Galuf. I also made sure he didn't wear the Angel Robe so he wouldn't fall victim to it after; with this, I could also give Bartz the Main Gauche so everyone had some secondary evasion. Ultimately, I made it to the end of the tunnel with about 15 Ethers used and no quicksave bug.

That's about where I stand for the moment. Even with the soft restrictions I imposed on myself, don't anticipate much trouble from this run. Beastmaster is fun but certainly a candidate for replacement when it comes time for the Extra job.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 19, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

!Gaia doesn't pass on a magic stat

Just more proof that it's not real magic.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

girl dick energy posted:

Edit:

Oh, this should be fun. I'm thinking... Aeroga, Goblin Punch, Vampire, Mighty Guard, White Wind, 1000 Needles, aaand... Level 5 Death. Because gently caress Adamantoise.

I would take Self-Destruct over something (probably 1k Needles) for one very simple reason:

I don't want Azulmagia to accidentally teach me anything. SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

girl dick energy posted:

$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Huh, weird, I found 14 legendary weapons.

:shrug:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
guess who just learned !dualcast doesnt work with blue magic the hard way

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Third job is Ranger, so gotta power through with White Mage/Summoner for a while.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

girl dick energy posted:

Job Scholarship Program
This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new-ish to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one.
Sometimes a newer player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify*, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

* Qualifications are entirely arbitrary, but if you have to ask, you probably qualify.

It appears the Job Fair doesn't exist yet with the new reg system? I'm not sure what its status is, but it might hamper my chances of multiple runs because I hate having substantial parts of my party be the same across runs.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

girl dick energy posted:

Does it count if you had to get all of them cause you chose Advance? Cause if so...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

Seven Thunder Rods later...

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

nrook posted:

Jackanapes before Byblos
Skull Eater before Archaeoaevis
Shield Dragon before Tyrannosaur
Exdeath's Soul before Stoker (the Island Shrine boss)
Stingray before Leviathan
King Behemoth before Azulmagia

Of course, you still need to beat the boss, too. I'm still brainstorming, so I might come up with other ideas or change this before the fiesta actually starts. I'm welcome to other folks' ideas too.

Bit of a lowball for this party.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

I maintain that telling TERFs to gently caress off is a fundamental part of pride.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Having never thought about it before, I discovered that Dancing Dagger works great with Spellblade, and even greater when Sword Dance procs.

Meanwhile, did I just get unlucky, or does Dancing Dagger not proc with Mug?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

forgot to get the correct opening screenshot but i have inducted BARAtz into the rose tribe

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
What level should I be to fight Neo Exdeath? I beat Necrophobe at level 35, but that seems way too low.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Kheldarn posted:

Having never thought about it before, I discovered that Dancing Dagger works great with Spellblade, and even greater when Sword Dance procs.

Meanwhile, did I just get unlucky, or does Dancing Dagger not proc with Mug?

It won't. No abilities as weapons can proc with Mug. This is how Chicken Knife becomes pretty disgusting with it since the Flee effect will never trigger.

Sesq posted:

What level should I be to fight Neo Exdeath? I beat Necrophobe at level 35, but that seems way too low.

The big trick is being able to survive Almagest. There's a few different ways you can pull this off besides levels for more HP, like Shell or hitting it with petrify or aging. How many levels you need otherwise depends on your jobs' vitality. Some can comfortably get it done at those levels. Others need to go higher. It deals a little over 1600 on average without Shell or aging in play, so shoot for that much HP (plus a little more because of Sap).

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Any recommendations for what to grab in World 3 with Blue/Red/Beastmaster/Dragoon? I got Mighty Guard already, but it feels like the only means I have of doing damage is Air Knife Aeroga and I feel like that isn't going to cut it in the Rift (currently does ~1,800 at level 25).

Also level up spots would be appreciated. Don't really care about AP though.

e: Also also: I remember seeing a google doc with a list of a bunch of pixel remaster mods, does anyone have that?

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 20, 2023