Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

When he hit that dude in the head with a beartrap I was like, OK I'll give Kraven a shot.

It wasn’t practical blood so why bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope they adapt the Kate Beaton strip where Spider-Man tricks Kraven into hunting the Best Date.

https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/1670891189703196672?s=20

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is that Russell Crowe with another terrible accent? Well u know my stance on that!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I can't think of any Aaron Taylor-Johnson performance I've liked and Kraven doesn't look like it will change my opinion. He sounded sleepy in that trailer.

They should have just had Crowe as a slovenly Kraven rampaging through New York hunting Spider-Man.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He was the best part of bullet train. That trailer looked like absolute rear end though, I don't understand how you can gently caress up a premise as simple as "dude is a hunter, and fucks up a bunch of people he hunts".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flying Zamboni posted:

They should have just had Crowe as a slovenly Kraven rampaging through New York hunting Spider-Man.

💯

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flying Zamboni posted:

Yeah, ok, I'd watch that.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Icelandic Film Fund was not a fan of my gillman horror comedy. I'm gonna finish writing it anyway out of spite.

Not sure if I should ask for a writing/development grant for the homoerotic viking duel film or the body horror gang of teen punks turn into gun monsters next.

First might have a chance purely out if nationalism.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just going by film festival history, gay vikings have beter chances.

Maybe your gillman need to be sexier. Worked for Del Toro.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Air Skwirl posted:

So Sony is really going on with their Sinister Six MCU equivalent.

https://twitter.com/KravenTheMovie/status/1670859943686307843?s=20

"what's your name man?"

"I'm Kraveass!"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Seconds after this imagine the guy in the background shot the guy in the foreground in the head on live tv. The latter kidnapped and sexually assaulted the former's son. The dad just snapped and them someone from a news station tipped him off that the rapist was being transported through this airport so he went there with a gun and waited at the pay phones. He was found guilty of murder but then the judge suspended his sentence because he was like "Yeah I probably would have done the same thing.". Years later he outright said that he didn't regret it and he'd do it again.

Gaius Marius posted:

He was the best part of bullet train. That trailer looked like absolute rear end though, I don't understand how you can gently caress up a premise as simple as "dude is a hunter, and fucks up a bunch of people he hunts".

If they're not doing the super loving weird story where he gets incredibly horny for Spider-Man and then blows his brains out then what's even the point?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Seconds after this imagine the guy in the background shot the guy in the foreground in the head on live tv. The latter kidnapped and sexually assaulted the former's son. The dad just snapped and them someone from a news station tipped him off that the rapist was being transported through this airport so he went there with a gun and waited at the pay phones. He was found guilty of murder but then the judge suspended his sentence because he was like "Yeah I probably would have done the same thing.". Years later he outright said that he didn't regret it and he'd do it again.

Uh wtf?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
yup

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The woman who falsely accused Emmett Till died peacefully at home, with 24 hour police protection.

Two Americas

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 20, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1670984334730223617?t=3Ix3yc6LHFHeAuGrkOhUQw&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is Cruising any good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's alright

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Air Skwirl posted:

Also my land line from when I was 10.

They used to advise us in little school to keep that written on a piece of paper in a little wallet you carried at all times. I think they gave us a little laminated card with our addresses on it too, actually

That is the only number I remember, I get mine wrong when I'm asked for it on a form or whatever all the time

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 20, 2023

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Alan Smithee posted:

is Cruising any good

Not amazing but p good. Worth a watch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so i guess no one (in horror thread) watched THe Blackening

what was with the iphone vs android debate. I didn't think that was a culture war thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0xD8zogxg

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Android phones learn from what you type for their autocorrect, so eventually it figured out I actually mean "gently caress" when I type "gently caress," then I realized how much I write "gently caress" or "loving" in text messages when I wanted to tell someone "Yeah, I'll duck out of work and meet you" and it autocorrected "duck."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Air Skwirl posted:

Android phones learn from what you type for their autocorrect, so eventually it figured out I actually mean "gently caress" when I type "gently caress," then I realized how much I write "gently caress" or "loving" in text messages when I wanted to tell someone "Yeah, I'll duck out of work and meet you" and it autocorrected "duck."

I turned off autocorrect precisely to avoid something like this. Work mails just littered with "dogshit", "dingleberry" and "Conan The Babrarian"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah but the "black girl magic" character is the iphoner

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

so i guess no one (in horror thread) watched THe Blackening

what was with the iphone vs android debate. I didn't think that was a culture war thing

I mean, I saw the trailer and it looked incredibly loving cringe. I don't know what you'd get out of that film that you wouldn't get in duplicate on viewing Scary Movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i mean that's not really a bone of contention for me

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
drunken epiphany while watching vinland saga: man was made in god's likeness. that means god hates themselves and wants be destroyed. so we should destroy god.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've been pretty sick lately and started watching a lot of Star Trek TOS and a lot of this is very good poo poo.

Watched Balance of Terror, Space Seed, Arena, the clip show one where they just watch the first pilot, and Return of the Archons (proto-Purge).

First two are top tier TV. The others range from pretty great to very good.

I love the color palette and how everything is lit. So many Dracula style eye lights.

The Netflix version has some fancy new CGI that is usually pretty subtle and fitting but I watched some comparison clips on YouTube and I think the old models and swirly liquid planets fit better with the overall aesthetic. The more realistic CGI planets and ships feel out of place even if they're as fitting as they possibly could be.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 20, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The CGI stuff is occasionally well-crafted and tasteful, but they used multiple companies to do it and only one of them seemed to be interested in maintaining aesthetic cohesion with the 60s designs. The other company (companies? I forget) seemed to think that viewers needed to be tricked into thinking it was a contemporary show or something. At the very least they seemed to be embarrassed by the original effects rather than celebrating the artistry.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ccubed posted:

drunken epiphany while watching vinland saga: man was made in god's likeness. that means god hates themselves and wants be destroyed. so we should destroy god.

Man creates dinosaurs
Dinosaurs eat man
Woman inherits the earth

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alan Smithee posted:

is Cruising any good

It's extremely grimy. Top level grimy movie, just grease and dirt rubbed into everything.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Kraven the Hunter really shows how we've blown past Peak Superhero Movie because not only is this not the first time Aaron Taylor Johnson has played a superguy, but this also isn't the first time Russell Crowe has played a superguy's dad.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
This isn't even the second superhero role for ATJ. Unfair, since we only got the better ATJ in one superhero movie that never came out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He was great as Kick-rear end back when he was in his Michael Cera phase. Then he married a woman 40 years his senior which apparently transformed him into a hot dude.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anya Taylor-Joy is my ATJ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Looking for July motm volunteers, anyone interested?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Does anyone know where I can find a streaming original version of Ken Loach's Bread and Roses (2000)? So far, all I've found is Italian and Spanish language dubs.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

josh04 posted:

It's rumoured to be the unseen showing at Odeon in the week, fingers crossed.

lmao this turned out to be Elemental :negative:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

josh04 posted:

lmao this turned out to be Elemental :negative:

It’s good to support smaller movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It’s good to support smaller movies.