Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
For future sub dive tours of the titanic: If you can spot the missing sub we lost here the other week you win a free chocolate bar back on the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i still cant believe people paid money to get bolted into a metal tube some dude made in his garage then tossed into the ocean

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Describing the industry in a 2019 interview, Rush said that there have been no injuries in the field for decades, adding: "It's obscenely safe, because they have all these regulations. But it also hasn't innovated or grown — because they have all these regulations."

lol the irony of some rich guy skirting safety regulations and having his submarine sink while going down to look at a ship that skirted safety regulations and sunk

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

There is no innovation in the extremely important industry of putting people in a pressure vessel and looking at the sea floor. Must be all those goddamn regulations

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Minera posted:

Describing the industry in a 2019 interview, Rush said that there have been no injuries in the field for decades, adding: "It's obscenely safe, because they have all these regulations. But it also hasn't innovated or grown — because they have all these regulations."

lol the irony of some rich guy skirting safety regulations and having his submarine sink while going down to look at a ship that skirted safety regulations and sunk

what the gently caress is there to innovate on in the field of going undersea in a tuna can? goddamn these people just have the most rottiest of brains when they can’t fathom leaving something alone until they squeeze every last drop of “value” out of the stone

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Brimruk posted:

what the gently caress is there to innovate on in the field of going undersea in a tuna can? goddamn these people just have the most rottiest of brains when they can’t fathom leaving something alone until they squeeze every last drop of “value” out of the stone

"Innovation" for these people would be basically be a luxury airship experience for the bottom of the ocean. Just kick back in your suite, maybe order room service before going to the viewing deck to see the shipwreck.

It isn't about scientific innovation they just want their same standard of living wherever they go on earth. Regulations are stifling progress in these areas. If there was anything interesting to see in Antartica theyd want giant apartment building sized snow crawlers and would be complaining about treaties and regulations that disallowed all of the fueling and maintenance infrastructure required to keep them comfortable.

Are you stifling innovation by saying I can't have a 200,000 gallon fuel tank on my snow crawler? We can't dump sewage out of our land titanic?!

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 14:13 on Jun 20, 2023

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I can't stop laughing at this. rich people dyinh in the most ironic way possible

Apr 7, 2003

Oh yeah, real fuckin' urgent, humanity must save these great minds for our future

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

yep. pouring one out for some real ones (the liquid is piss)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
like 200 people died off the Greek coast last week while the coast guard watched because they were the wrong skin color and I'm supposed to give a poo poo about Hamhands and Deadwood, billionaire dipshit extraordinaire? gently caress off

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Minera posted:

I can't stop laughing at this. rich people dyinh in the most ironic way possible

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Koirhor posted:

that drat submarine was the most effective weapon in class warfare since the guillotine

the only way to get rid of billionaires appears to be letting them do their own thing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

the only way to get rid of billionaires appears to be letting them do their own thing

said it in the musk thread, but redistribution of wealth is for their own good. you get to that level and the only way you can feel anything is tying your penis to a rocket that has a 50% chance of yanking it off

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

we tell you it's better
down where it's wetter
Freemen of The Sea

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

On a long enough timeline nature is healing and I think that's beautiful

Is it this forum that was posting about the billionaire tech guy that eats 300 supplements a day and boofs his son's blood to stay young forever but still looks like poo poo and will inevitably die?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Once you have enough money you should get legal immunity from regulations like wearing seatbelts, abusing fentanyl, visiting the Mariana Trench in a trashcan, etc.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Marx Headroom posted:

Once you have enough money you should get legal immunity from regulations like wearing seatbelts, abusing fentanyl, visiting the Mariana Trench in a trashcan, etc.

I feel like this is already a thing

Apr 7, 2003

Stealing your teenage son's blood sounds like something that should be extremely illegal in addition to being creepy, but probably isn't.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Titan is: DSV; hobby-grade diving sub; permanently-sealed, multi-touch screens; oxygen-depleting, choice + epic Epic Logitech controllers!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shad amounts reaching the level of "Billionare dies during penis enlargement surgery" over here.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1671148523176488961

hmmm

https://twitter.com/BirdTickler/status/1671010034229075968

https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/1671087382492315649

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Stealing your teenage son's blood sounds like something that should be extremely illegal in addition to being creepy, but probably isn't.

https://www.insider.com/millionaire-bryan-johnson-swapped-blood-with-teenage-son-young-blood-2023-5

I don't think he's taking blood plasma from his son over his son's protests, but it is still the stuff of dystopian science fiction.

quote:

The ultra-wealthy tech entrepreneur Bryan Johnson, 45, recently recruited his 17-year-old son, Talmage, and his 70-year-old father, Richard, to join him in a trigenerational-blood exchange, Bloomberg reported.

In April, the trio visited Resurgence Wellness, a futuristic-looking medical spa in Arlington, Texas. Talmage Johnson got a liter of his blood removed — about a fifth of the blood in his entire body — and separated into parts before the plasma was reinfused into his father.

Bryan Johnson then donated a liter of blood products to his 70-year-old father — and no one donated blood back to the 17-year-old. One can only speculate about how Johnson pitched the idea to his kin, who seemed to be up for the task.

[...]

Bloomberg reported that the entrepreneur had visited the wellness clinic several times to receive blood plasma from a young, anonymous donor whose health data was screened before deciding to get blood from his son instead.

Plasma donors normally receive $100 in gift cards for the procedure though it costs roughly $5,500 to complete, Bloomberg reported.

But Johnson didn't put a price tag on his son's plasma, at least not to our knowledge. In this case, all Talmage got was fatherly love — and the knowledge that he's putting the rest of our Father's Day gifts to shame.

At least his meals look okay...

https://blueprint.bryanjohnson.co/

Apr 7, 2003

Talmage

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Dad can I please just have some lunch money, the other private school kids keep roasting me

Apr 7, 2003

I'm happy this dumbass is going to waste the rest of his life in futile efforts to prolong it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Brimruk posted:

On a long enough timeline nature is healing and I think that's beautiful

Is it this forum that was posting about the billionaire tech guy that eats 300 supplements a day and boofs his son's blood to stay young forever but still looks like poo poo and will inevitably die?

Is this Thiel? This sounds like Thiel.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Laughing my rear end off at the "little brother" controller installed onto the text-message controlled submarine.

https://twitter.com/philurich/status/1670978190523928576?t=LluV8LYa3xqI4CEWNkdHCw&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder what the shoulder buttons are mapped to

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

Bryan Johnson apparently, though it is very Thiel-like!

Why is this guy so defensive about billionaires on submersibles??

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1671152733393649666?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
nerds grasp onto the video game controller when it's one of the simpler systems on board

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Orange Devil posted:

thiel uses the blood of strangers

and hasn’t gone far enough to need suction assistance for bowel movement

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I'm very confident I am significantly less stupid than Ben Dreyfuss.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

judgemental? Jesus Christ

edit

he changed it

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Business Gorillas posted:

I feel like this is already a thing

You're right but we need to advertise better bc right now they're mostly breaking unfunny regulations

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brimruk posted:

Bryan Johnson apparently, though it is very Thiel-like!

Why is this guy so defensive about billionaires on submersibles??

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1671152733393649666?s=20

thats the son of richard dreyfuss, star of jaws

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009
Brother! let not the sugar lead you into temptation, repent thyself with Mr Beast soyjack face

https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1670178507606081536?cxt=HHwWgIDSlZ6g1a0uAAAA

https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1668308556909797376?cxt=HHwWgIDT5ePygqcuAAAA

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Laughing my rear end off at the "little brother" controller installed onto the text-message controlled submarine.

https://twitter.com/philurich/status/1670978190523928576?t=LluV8LYa3xqI4CEWNkdHCw&s=19

Dualsense or bust

Apr 7, 2003

Just hit the start button to pause until you're rescued, bing bong

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao at the billionaire using his wealth as a reason he gets a bigger share of the rationed Larabars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
good opportunity for 8bitdo to cash in on some guerilla marketing