Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
PSA: apparently Pig is bugged in that you can't get him from reserves. So if you were saving reserves to try and get him, don't.

(Well, unless you want to gamble on getting compensation for it, which isn't unreasonable. I would probably do it if he was the only card I had left in series 4.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If the opponent has 2 or more 6 cost cards they are equally valid targets for pigging so you can make multiple pigs

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

quite stretched out posted:

i have yet to face it and presumably get absolutely squashed by it but yeah, particularly in lockjaw/evo your deck is stacked with enough bombs that one getting de-abilitied isnt the end of the world, especially if you can pitch them back in to your deck for a replacement with lockjaw.

something with potential for sneaky tricks is pigs have a base statline of 4/0 and then their numbers get shifted up/down, which leaves them vulnerable a shadow king reset, or less notably but still something, movement via magneto i believe?

Also cost reduction with Zabu.

Pig also 'ignores' the power adjustment it gets from that location that changes a card's base cost to 2.

Apparently Knull and Evo Hulk still getting their increased power is a bug, so it should get fixed. (Not that simple since they still want to show their predicted power when you have them in hand normally, but then not have the Pig retain it.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If the opponent has 2 or more 6 cost cards they are equally valid targets for pigging so you can make multiple pigs

Porque? No, los dos!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Last round of Conquest, both players at 2 life.

Triskelion > Agatha > The worst possible plays on every turn

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Lobok posted:

Conflicting reports?

No because Hulk and Doom are both 6 drop cards. Pig hits your highest cost card at random, so it could have pigged the Hulk twice or the doom twice or both once like they described as happening.

Honestly the fact that you can see what gets pigged feels like it pushes the card from alright to very good. The info is no small bonus to get along with the effect.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GarudaPrime posted:

Honestly the fact that you can see what gets pigged feels like it pushes the card from alright to very good. The info is no small bonus to get along with the effect.

It's almost the main reason to use Ham. Seeing one late game card is usually enough to identify eight or nine cards in your opponent's deck, and if it's not a 6-drop you know he's got to draw into his top end - very important info for a Darkhawk deck.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah he's Better Yondu in most decks. The psychological damage of ruining a card in your opponent's hand is worse than destroying a card they may as well have never drawn anyway and thinning out the rest of their deck in the process.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm 100 tokens away from being able to afford my pinned Thanos but I might have to blow half of them on Spider-Pig

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Faced Spider-Ham once. He pigged my Heimdell, which actually helped because I didn’t want to abandon the right lane that game.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Pig ain't poo poo against my Hela discard

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Played one game so far against Ham, and he Pigged my Infinaut.

Thanks!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GarudaPrime posted:

No because Hulk and Doom are both 6 drop cards. Pig hits your highest cost card at random, so it could have pigged the Hulk twice or the doom twice or both once like they described as happening.

Hm ok, this reminds me, how does someone like Iceman work if he is played at Kamar-Taj versus played at a location where the card is duplicated? Does Iceman hit the same card twice at Kamar-Taj because the random choice of enemy card is only selected once? Or are two random selections made (which may end up being the same card anyway)?

I thought I had heard somewhere if at Kamar-Taj he hits the same card twice but if Spider-Ham doesn't work like that then maybe not.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Bought Spider-Ham, played him in one game, he pigged the opponent’s Galactus.

That’ll do pig, that’ll do.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lobok posted:

Hm ok, this reminds me, how does someone like Iceman work if he is played at Kamar-Taj versus played at a location where the card is duplicated? Does Iceman hit the same card twice at Kamar-Taj because the random choice of enemy card is only selected once? Or are two random selections made (which may end up being the same card anyway)?

I thought I had heard somewhere if at Kamar-Taj he hits the same card twice but if Spider-Ham doesn't work like that then maybe not.

Iceman at Kamar-Taj can hit two different cards, but he will never hit a card that costs 6 or more already so his range is narrowed. Ham will always hit one of the most expensive cards but can also hit differently if there are two cards with the same cost.

On the subject of Ham: the bug has recurred where you can buy him from the shop more than once.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well I got green gobbo from conquest and now I am really out of carrots to chase...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Played one game so far against Ham, and he Pigged my Infinaut.

Thanks!
Yeah might be a good time to start putting Infinaut in some decks

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ok so taskmaster says he copies the last card played.

I played invisible woman and a high evolutionary behind her, later I played destroyer which destroyed iw and revealed he. I then played taskmaster and he copied he. Seems like he copies the last card revealed hmmmmm?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Ok so taskmaster says he copies the last card played.

I played invisible woman and a high evolutionary behind her, later I played destroyer which destroyed iw and revealed he. I then played taskmaster and he copied he. Seems like he copies the last card revealed hmmmmm?
"Play" is a word that has multiple meanings depending on the card. Compare bishop and rescue and lockjaw. Not separating placing and revealing into two separate stages for the purpose of templating is the biggest cause of inaccurate/misleading description.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm assuming "Play" generally means "place a card from your hand at a location" right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game doesn't want me over 90.. I've gotten to 89 so many times this season and then slip back into the early 80's, even the 70's.. I was 89 again when I went to bed last night, 86 this morning. I haven't even tried Conquest because I just want to hit this milestone and be done with it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Marx Headroom posted:

I'm assuming "Play" generally means "place a card from your hand at a location" right?
"When a card is played here" usually means "when a card you placed from hand reveals here", but there are enough exceptions to make it confusing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

"When a card is played here" usually means "when a card you placed from hand reveals here", but there are enough exceptions to make it confusing.

Then there's poo poo where nebula gets blocked from growing when you place unrevealed cards behind iw on her zone

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

Ghost Rider is the worst for me here. He "brings back" a discarded card. What does that mean?? They don't flip but their On Reveal triggers! And where are they coming "back" from? They were in my hand!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Marx Headroom posted:

Ghost Rider is the worst for me here. He "brings back" a discarded card. What does that mean?? They don't flip but their On Reveal triggers!

Right, because they’re revealed. Not sure what you mean by flipped, here

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I thought with the new Galactus they had to be winning that location before play, not that he triggers if his being played makes it so they're now winning. I had 4 points in a location and they Waved, then played Galactus.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

I thought with the new Galactus they had to be winning that location before play, not that he triggers if his being played makes it so they're now winning. I had 4 points in a location and they Waved, then played Galactus.

It's his on reveal power so if his being revealed means he's winning that location then he destroys everything. This is also why the Iron Fist/Shuri combo works for him.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

New Leaf posted:

When Galactus flips up, if the 7 points makes that player ahead in the lane, boom.
It's very important to have priority when playing new Galactus.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Galactus wouldn’t work at all if you had to be winning the lane before he flipped, since he also has to be alone.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Devo posted:

When Galactus flips up, if the 7 points makes that player ahead in the lane, boom.
It's very important to have priority when playing new Galactus.

It's extremely fun to stuff someone's Galactus play now. Wasp+Thing on a HE deck is 7 and raking in the Ms Marvel emotes when they reveal is extremely satisfying.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I still hate Galactus. Now any deck can use him, you have to focus on all 3 lanes and keep them over 7 rather than having a dump lane. Galactus can just pop out of anywhere now. Every other big bad has a "tell" except him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There are still lots of tells; they're either dropping him on T6 by which you should have 7 spread out anyways, or they're still going to need the usual suspects (Wolverine, Nimrod, and Yondu for Knull-power, Electro or Wave to get him out sooner). I wouldn't say the deck itself has changed too much, other than maybe seeing more Doc Ock played first

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

New Leaf posted:

I still hate Galactus. Now any deck can use him, you have to focus on all 3 lanes and keep them over 7 rather than having a dump lane. Galactus can just pop out of anywhere now. Every other big bad has a "tell" except him.
He has to be alone to blow up a lane. Any lane where the opponent has played a single card is safe.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I'm running a Patriot deck at the moment, so if anything, the pig-ifying of a card is either a bonus or a non-factor.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lobok posted:

Basically, both cards choose a random target that fit the criteria - twice if Kamar-Taj. For Iceman, the criterion is "cards in the opponent's hand that cost less than 6". For Spider-Ham, it is "cards in the opponent's hand with the highest cost".

This means Iceman can hit two cards or the same card twice (if its starting cost was 4 or less).

Spider-Ham can also hit two cards, but only if they are the same cost and that cost is the highest cost in your hand. Otherwise, he'll probably just hit the same card twice.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

No Wave posted:

This is worth highlighting again for people

Play in this game means two things depending on the card, the less intuitive one is something they internally refer to as "Staging" which means you place the card somewhere and hit end turn.

So for example Angela says play, but that doesn't refer to a card flipping up in her lane it means a card that has been "Staged" in her lane. So if you Jugg the cards that got played into an Angela lane and they flip up elsewhere Angela still gets the +2 per "Staged" card. Even more confusing is they just changed her to work this way last patch.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GarudaPrime posted:

So for example Angela says play, but that doesn't refer to a card flipping up in her lane it means a card that has been "Staged" in her lane. So if you Jugg the cards that got played into an Angela lane and they flip up elsewhere Angela still gets the +2 per "Staged" card. Even more confusing is they just changed her to work this way last patch.

How recent is that patch? I've Polaris'd an Angela away from a couple cards that had been staged and she didn't get the +2 from them. At least I don't think she did. Happened at least once over the weekend.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you play a card in a lane with Lockjaw and Angela is pulled by him she gets +2.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

GarudaPrime posted:

Did this patch also fix the thing where if Angela existed on Death's Domain, she would not get the +2 from a card that was played there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

parasyte posted:

Did this patch also fix the thing where if Angela existed on Death's Domain, she would not get the +2 from a card that was played there?
Thats been fixed for a while I think. There have been too many changes to angela's behavior to even keep track of tbh.