Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

priznat posted:

Yep agree the sequel was just lesser. The whole battling ice monster on a hoverbike is where I switched off

I also bounced off the sequel after loving the first one. Story was less engaging and I had a harder time navigating the world for some reason IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

priznat posted:

Yep agree the sequel was just lesser. The whole battling ice monster on a hoverbike is where I switched off

I just used a kitted out prawn suit. Completely invalidated everything on land - the aggressive animals, the ice worm, the ice storms, cold, some of the vertical elements.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Suburban Dad posted:

I also bounced off the sequel after loving the first one. Story was less engaging and I had a harder time navigating the world for some reason IIRC.

That reason might be from not having a massive spaceship sitting there on fire, acting as a visual point of reference when your orientation gets all messed up.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What are you people playing on the deck?

Currently I'm playing:
Etrian Odyssey Series
Diablo 3 (Switch, of course)
Dragon's Dogma
Total War: Warhammer 3 (mostly Vanilla as mods on linux are hosed)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

jokes posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Hell yeah! I'm playing a PS1 SRPG called Escaform that recently got translated.

I'm glued to Pokemon Infinite Fusion, which is shaping up to maybe be my favorite Pokemon game. I made a thread about it.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

jokes posted:

Currently I'm playing:
Etrian Odyssey Series
Dragon's Dogma
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Slay the Spire
Valheim
Dwarf Fortress
Just started a second playthrough of Wasteland 3

I have Noita and Triangle Strategy in my sights but will hold off for now

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sky Rogue
GoNNER
Superflight
Miles Morales
Hellblade
Stacklands

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jupiter Hell
Shiren 5
FFXIV soon
Reimaging Simulator[*]
Maybe Subnautica again
E: Caves of Qud

[*] not really simulated

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 20, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hollow Knight since SIlksong is out soon!

SOON!!!!

ANY DAY NOW!!!!

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Batman Arkham Knight and Powerwash Simulator for me.

Cleaning houses and cleaning up Gotham City.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cyberpunk and Dishonoured, also Street Fighter 6.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SF6, Diablo IV, System Shock Remaster (lack of cloud saves sucks tho)

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Just finished up Haiku after someone mentioned it itt. Fun little metroidvania that definitely leans into its hallow knight influence a lot, but it’s shorter and easier.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

SF6, Diablo IV, System Shock Remaster (lack of cloud saves sucks tho)

How is Diablo 4 on the Deck? I haven't played it but my game group seems gung-ho about playing it soon so I'll probably try it out on Deck

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jokes posted:

How is Diablo 4 on the Deck? I haven't played it but my game group seems gung-ho about playing it soon so I'll probably try it out on Deck

Fantastic

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
My partner has been loving Cattails on the SD.

I’m playing that there Zeldar so that’s all sorted in this house!

Also, I had a big windfall so I bought a pair of XReal Airs that I’ve coveted ever since someone brought them up itt. They are loving awesome and I’m going to buy a Beam as soon as I can. Thanks, whoever suggested those!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

MarcusSA posted:

Fantastic

I got the Lutris installed and the Battle.net client launches, but it doesn't appear to ever install. Do I need to install more drivers first manually?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I got the Lutris installed and the Battle.net client launches, but it doesn't appear to ever install. Do I need to install more drivers first manually?

Someone else can chime in but I just installed Bnet directly and didn't use Lutris.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Yeah I would recommend just googling diablo 4 steam deck and following the first guide to doing it without lutris if you're having lutris problems. That's what I did and it's been working great since beta for me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I take it everyone who installed Battle.net directly is booting to Windows?

Edit - n/m apparently that's not required either! I'll follow some different tutorials. Thanks.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

frytechnician posted:

Slay the Spire
Valheim
Dwarf Fortress
Just started a second playthrough of Wasteland 3

I have Noita and Triangle Strategy in my sights but will hold off for now

How is DF on the deck? I have it installed but I’m intimidated by the control scheme

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

All Blizzard games I've tried work fine just installing the Battle net launcher in desktop mode and then launch it as a non steam game in game mode. From there you can install whatever game and launch without more fiddle.

I enjoyed d4 quite a bit on the deck but I think I'm done with it. I've never played these arpgs as forever games so screwing around level 60s I don't feel much motivation to continue. Still I really enjoyed the campaign more than I expected. I could see picking it up again in a few months with a new character since the classes all play pretty differently.

Maybe if there were raids or something to gear up for I'd keep playing but doing nightmare dungeons to infinity isn't the same :shrug: Even playing multiplayer with friends we mostly just blitz through dungeons so it doesn't have particularly compelling cooperative gameplay compared to alternatives.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tuyop posted:

My partner has been loving Cattails on the SD.

I’m playing that there Zeldar so that’s all sorted in this house!

Also, I had a big windfall so I bought a pair of XReal Airs that I’ve coveted ever since someone brought them up itt. They are loving awesome and I’m going to buy a Beam as soon as I can. Thanks, whoever suggested those!

I got mine this week also and these things gently caress. I love laying in bed flat looking at the ceiling decking and watching plex. Can't wait for my long flight coming up in a few weeks.

What's the beam all about?? Am I sleeping on something else?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m the gulikit sticks came in today. I installed them pretty smoothly and they do work. Though I’m gonna have to reopen the deck and reseat the right stick. The presoldered wire is lodged in a weird spot, making it so that the stick doesn’t recenter smoothly. My fault and a simple fix, I just didn’t notice the issue until I had put the screws back in and had to head out to go somewhere.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

jokes posted:

Finally playing Subnautica with the intent to finish instead of wasting tens of hours loving around
Pillars of Eternity (likewise)
Desktop Dungeons Rewind when I need to kill a few minutes while working

hosed around with the System Shock remaster to make sure I was happy with how it ran/controlled, but won't play through until I finish either Subnautica or PoE

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Don’t forget to full screen the battle.net client in desktop mode before you switch back to game mode so you can actually see the whole UI.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Not playing much on my Deck right now, but I should really get back to my whole-series Final Fantasy project and start up the FF8 remaster soon.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

I got mine this week also and these things gently caress. I love laying in bed flat looking at the ceiling decking and watching plex. Can't wait for my long flight coming up in a few weeks.

What's the beam all about?? Am I sleeping on something else?

It’s a little iPod looking thing that lets you do “3DoF” mode with any device. So like, pin a virtual screen in space kind of thing.

Currently you can only do this on a Mac or Android thing. It’s pretty cool but I’d really want it to integrate with real displays, personally, and the Beam also acts as an airplay or chromecast output so it’s got lots of potential there for what I’m interested in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hm. So I put the right stick in correctly, it just kinda feels not as snappy as the left stick. But from what I can tell, it's not any slower. I wonder if I should contact Gulikit about it.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hm. So I put the right stick in correctly, it just kinda feels not as snappy as the left stick. But from what I can tell, it's not any slower. I wonder if I should contact Gulikit about it.

Probably not your issue, but make sure you didn’t over-tighten the new sticks. Caused issues initially for me.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

tuyop posted:

It’s a little iPod looking thing that lets you do “3DoF” mode with any device. So like, pin a virtual screen in space kind of thing.

Currently you can only do this on a Mac or Android thing. It’s pretty cool but I’d really want it to integrate with real displays, personally, and the Beam also acts as an airplay or chromecast output so it’s got lots of potential there for what I’m interested in.

I'm interested in the idea of the Beam but considering how slow the dev has been on the Air I'm worried about it staying perpetually half developed. The Windows beta app was pretty half assed (felt like a weekend hack proof of concept) but I dunno if the Android/Mac stuff is a lot better.

I do use my Air almost every day with my deck tho so I do really like the product in general.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

jokes posted:

Phoenix Wright and Final Fantasy 6 at the moment.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

TJChap2840 posted:

How is DF on the deck? I have it installed but I’m intimidated by the control scheme

Takes a bit of getting used to but is pretty good imo.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

TJChap2840 posted:

I'm a huge evangelist for it, especially since so much is mouse controlled now. There's a couple good community controller configs to start off with and if you're anything like me, you'll end up tweaking one of them slightly as you get a few hours in. I pause more often than I did using keyboard controls on the old version, and obviously clicking through menus is slower if you had the key combos memorized like me, but I've played for hours at a time without feeling like the controls impeded me at all.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Played through some of TLoU. No issues whatsoever, and FPS seemed stable.

Has anyone tried Elite Dangerous: Odyssey? Horizons worked fine iirc but there's no point in me getting Odyssey if it doesn't work

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

FuzzySlippers posted:

I'm interested in the idea of the Beam but considering how slow the dev has been on the Air I'm worried about it staying perpetually half developed. The Windows beta app was pretty half assed (felt like a weekend hack proof of concept) but I dunno if the Android/Mac stuff is a lot better.

I do use my Air almost every day with my deck tho so I do really like the product in general.

The Mac app is quite usable but is clearly using some kind of hack to split the display up in the ways it does. Some of the OS tools for app switching and stuff don’t work properly and the Dock is only visible in the default position. You also can’t really use the physical monitor at the same time if you want.

The Beam should mitigate those issues because all the DoF stuff will be outside the source device, which should just see the glasses as an output.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

jokes posted:

Currently I'm playing:
Etrian Odyssey Series
Dragon's Dogma
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

• Fallout 4 (I don't know why I like Bethesda Creation engine games, but drat)
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Vampire Survivors
  • A bunch of other misc games

I think I have games ADD with Zelda being on the Switch. Hard for me to dedicate real time to one game in particular.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

jokes posted:

Actively:
  • Heretic
  • System Shock (2023)
  • New Super Mario Bros Wii.
Back burner:
  • Quake (2021 Remaster or vkQuake)
  • Metroid: Other M

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

jokes posted:

I've been bouncing around between

Death Stranding (on PS5 via chiaki)
American Truck Simulator
Metal Wolf Chaos
Killer7 (it's so nice to play on the deck, I might actually finish it this time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

jokes posted:

Cyberpunk 2077
Yakuza 0
NBA Street Vol 2
Diablo IV