Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
What all does luck affect outside of tear effects/item procs? My perception is that high luck gives you more chest drops as room clear rewards, but has no effect on stuff like slot machines or shell games. I always thought that was very weird and unintuitive: why would any player expect that luck has no effect on winning games of chance, except when it's in the form of a Lucky Foot? Am I lucky or not? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Meowywitch posted:

Where's Color Printer for a coding deep dive when you need him?

*sigh* is it available in an even remotely readable format

inconsistently obfuscated actionscript 2 was bad enough

EDIT: I still wanna know who stealthily bought me the Rebirth version of my avatar years ago

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 20, 2023

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now what do I do? :ohdear:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Well, if you haven't tried mods yet, some good ones are Revelations, Fiend Folio, Retribution, Fall from Grace, Heaven's Call, Improved & Reworked Foes, Repentance Boss Champions and The Collections Collection, to name just a few :)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Brosnan posted:

Do what I did. Take a break for a few months then fire up the next save file :gibs:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Brosnan posted:

You got 2 more save files right there

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wow. I didn't touch mods other than EID, but the quality level of these looks wild. Do they tend to be mutually compatible, or is it a crapshoot?

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Do what I did. Take a break for a few months then fire up the next save file :gibs:

PostNouveau posted:

You got 2 more save files right there

NO. Away, devils.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Brosnan posted:

Wow. I didn't touch mods other than EID, but the quality level of these looks wild. Do they tend to be mutually compatible, or is it a crapshoot?

Unless the two mods are trying to change the same thing, it’s safe to assume they are compatible. One thing to note is that if a mod adds even a single item (that is to say a pedestal item as opposed to a trinket or something) then EID will no longer be able to calculate Bag of Crafting outcomes for you.

quote:

NO. Away, devils.

Hey, it’s alright. Just enjoy the game your way. It’s not your fault if you’re not up to the challenge.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ariong posted:

Unless the two mods are trying to change the same thing, it’s safe to assume they are compatible. One thing to note is that if a mod adds even a single item (that is to say a pedestal item as opposed to a trinket or something) then EID will no longer be able to calculate Bag of Crafting outcomes for you.

I think the Tarnished characters mod is breaking EID’s crafting outcomes for me. I haven’t seen much of that mod since I installed it. Can I turn it off without breaking things? I’m not sure how to back up my saves. That’s the only new content mod I have installed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mill Village posted:

I think the Tarnished characters mod is breaking EID’s crafting outcomes for me. I haven’t seen much of that mod since I installed it. Can I turn it off without breaking things? I’m not sure how to back up my saves. That’s the only new content mod I have installed.

You can turn on/off mods whenever you want, the only thing that'll break is if you have a run in progress.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

More specifically, go to the “Mods” menu from the main menu and you can disble/enable mods individually or all at once. You have to disable all mods in order to do the daily challenge.

If you have graphical mods installed, you may experience visual bugs after disabling/enabling them. Restarting the game will fix this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ariong posted:

More specifically, go to the “Mods” menu from the main menu and you can disble/enable mods individually or all at once. You have to disable all mods in order to do the daily challenge.

If you have graphical mods installed, you may experience visual bugs after disabling/enabling them. Restarting the game will fix this.

It's also good practice just generally to restart the game after enabling or disabling any number of mods. The game really doesn't like it if you don't.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Delirium rework when....oh no... It's never gonna happen now

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Do they tend to be mutually compatible, or is it a crapshoot?
The listed ones definitely work together, though using many mods at once can sometimes cause some lags. It's worth noting that Fiend Folio in particular has become so popular that many modders treat it as a baseline for modding, which is why some mods have specific submods for optimal compatibility, and Revelations, Retribution and Fall from Grace even have extra rooms and enemy variants that only appear when you're also using Fiend Folio.

And yeah, the Isaac modding scene is extremely productive and filled with talented people right now. Many mods easily reach the quality of the official content (or exceed it sometimes; it's no coincidence that Repentance started out as a mod),

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 8, 2023

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Brosnan posted:

Brutal Orchestra is on sale right now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Meowywitch posted:

Delirium rework when....oh no... It's never gonna happen now

:smith:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I guess I’m in the minority in not minding the Delirium fight. As long as you’re listening you can pretty reliably dodge the Mom stomps or know if he’s pulling a bullshit move somewhere offscreen. I’ve found that I can reliably get through the fight with only getting hit one or two times, and that’s usually from me getting greedy

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Absolutely phenomenal game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Any tips for Greedier mode with Tainted Cain?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The easiest way is to find a good recipe that uses a lot of pennies and then use the treasure/boss room pickups to finish the recipe. I did it by crafting Finger! a dozen times and then only spending money on soul hearts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Today in Greed mode as Tainted Lilith I found what was the strongest combination of items I've ever seen.

Brimstone + Epic Fetus + Brimstone Bombs + Sprinkler resulted in nonstop room clearing lasers and explosions, nothing survived longer than a second before being atomised.

I also had Stigmata, Halo and Magic Mush for damage thanks to finding Chaos on the same run.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The iOS version is being updated to feature parity with the Steam/console releases.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This game has an iOS port??????????????

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Color Printer posted:

This game has an iOS port??????????????

It's had one for years, even. It never got any of the DLC until recently, though.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
So, since there's apparently at least one incredibly impressive new mod every other month, there's now one called The Future that adds an additional floor themed after The End Is Nigh. Looks really neat, and it has some very unique concepts for its new enemies.

Antibirth is still the gold standard for great Isaac mods, but it's kind of crazy how many are getting very close in quality.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I deleted my save 2 and 3 slots since i couldnt remember if i used the steam achievement sync thing on them and started ssve file 2

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I know they've said they're burnt out on isaac content but I'ma need just another like 100 hours worth. Then they can really be done this time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They should focus on smoothing out the issues (+rebalancing bullshit bosses like delirium), and integrating/synergising stuff imo

I'm unsure if the game needs any more "raw" new items or characters as it were

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
A new version of the Improved & Reworked Foes mod was released recently, and its reworks of C.H.A.D. and Mama Gurdy are particularly impressive. That mod is shaping up to be something special.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Theory: Satan is screaming 'SPACE MILK' before his fight in Sheol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

After 402 hours, I have 518 achievements completed. Just finished Tainted Bethany. That weaker items trait doesn’t hurt her that much. The worst thing was getting bad items with Lemegeton.

I’m probably going to finish up the rest of the normal characters before working on Tainted ones again. I just need to clean up a handful of characters. I did a run on normal with Jacob & Esau to get Rock Bottom and Birthright a while ago, but Hard mode is really kicking my rear end. The mod that keeps them together is helping a bit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm at like 640 achievements after like 750 hours lol. i think ive mostly got tainted lazarus left and i need to redo most of jacob & esau on hard mode and then theres just a couple other ones where i need to reclear on hard. no mods tho

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
A bunch of weeks ago i deleted save 2 and 3 cause i couldnt remember if at one point i did the sync thing to unlock stuff in either, and started my second file.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I cheated to get all the J&E marks and I have zero regrets. Everything else I'll do legit, but I cannot for the life of me deal with those two jerks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I did their marks again. Like most "hard" things in isaac its about getting a build so stupid nothing can touch you, but i understand why you wouldnt want to deal with their unwieldy asses

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I enjoy J+E tbh. A whole lot more than the lost.

And there are THREE losts in the game!!!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I liked the mod that made them both controllable at the same time but separately, so wasd on one and arrow keys on the other (i don't remember how shooting tears worked) - that made them into a fun challenge.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What is the strategy for Tainted Lazarus on Greedier mode? Things spiral out of control very quickly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i didnt find a helpful strategy except getting birthright and i think getting gold tears from blowing up a shopkeeper

doing the speedrun ones with tainted lazarus is tough because you cant just get one good item early and race, you pretty much have to get one good item for each of them. also everything is a little tougher since whenever they did that nerf patch

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah t laz is misery and on this new savefile i think i have like 3 marks total