Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just no more gray uniforms please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Helmet good, all gray unis bad

I don’t know why the Lions would ever wear tops in anything other than white or blue. The same thing is going on with the Bucs; they’ve got these real clean and distinct home/road jerseys and for the alts they decided to go with a lovely muddled grey that completely saps the vibrancy of the team colors. And at least the Bucs are bringing back the creamsicles

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the helmet looks badass, I've always been ambivalent about the pajama unis.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I normally don't like that logo, but on that helmet it looks real slick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gray football uniforms are universally hideous, normal lions uniforms are great.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I think that’s where I landed - love the logo but prefer the blue / silver

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/youshouldaffirm/status/1671609148687917063?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Helmet is fine. I hate the gray unis

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
NFC North has the best uniforms of any division. All completely distinct and each of them look good playing each other. I can’t think of another division that’s even close.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JGdmn posted:

NFC North has the best uniforms of any division. All completely distinct and each of them look good playing each other. I can’t think of another division that’s even close.

Hmm... I'd rank it the North, then the NFC South then AFC North (points off for Ravens and Steelers both having black primary), then the rest of the league.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JGdmn posted:

AFC West is pretty good though the Chargers and Raiders are carrying a lot of that. NFC South is the "could be an arena team" division.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
PJs are bad, new helmet is neat, really like the use of the old logo.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I think I’ll always be a fan of a general scheme of the pants and helmet matching color and the jersey being another color.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Henchman of Santa posted:

AFC West is pretty good though the Chargers and Raiders are carrying a lot of that. NFC South is the "could be an arena team" division.

Agreed with with this, chargers own raiders iconic—ranking nfc south second wtf

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Just read an article where people were trashing the helmet. They can all eat a dick.

It does suck they're only going to be worn with the grays. Personally I don't hate them like the majority here, but I would love blue pants with that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

Agreed with with this, chargers own raiders iconic—ranking nfc south second wtf

Oh that was not a compliment toward the NFC South lol

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

JGdmn posted:

Only division better than NFC North is NFC Central with the creamsicles.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Comfortador posted:

Just read an article where people were trashing the helmet. They can all eat a dick.

It does suck they're only going to be worn with the grays. Personally I don't hate them like the majority here, but I would love blue pants with that.

Yeah I think I read that same one. I can see either way with the logo but overall I like it. Get rid of the loving grey uniforms though. Good job making a "color rush" uniform with no loving color, jackasses.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Henchman of Santa posted:

Oh that was not a compliment toward the NFC South lol

Oh sorry that wasn’t clear, agree with your whole post including that the nfc south is trash

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3mmBjZv0E

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't get the new title.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

NFC North 2023: I Don’t Get the New Title

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

NFC North 2023: No one gets a Title

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

:emptyquote:

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
We don’t deserve a title

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Comfortador posted:

For a while the Lions were doing a white jersey/blue pants look. They should bring that back to go with the new helmet.

edit: They also had a dark silver alternate jersey in the early 90s. It had a sheen to it and looked a lot nicer than the flat gray Color Rush crap.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 22, 2023

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The helmets both look like something you'd see on a sportslogo.net "I made concepts for every NFL team" thread and they look cool. It could be much, much worse.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1666895688733450260

Some of the names are bringing back just the worst memories lol.

I had almost managed to erase Chris Conte from my memory completely.

Been listening to the tournament episodes and loving 2004, man. Craig Krenzel in 6 games had a 46.5% completion rate, threw 3 TDs, 6 picks, and lost 8 fumbles. Jonathan Quinn in 3 games had 1 TD, 3 picks, 2 fumbles, and averaged less than 138 passing yards per game. Chad Hutchinson was the best QB that year with 4 TDs, 3 INTs, and also 8 fumbles lost. The Bears had 9 passing touchdowns the entire season and 35 fumbles.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Who threw the ninth touchdown?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who threw the ninth touchdown?

The Sex Cannon threw one, before he got injured. Over the course of 3 games he played in.

But yeah, 2004 was dire.

And like all things revolving around the Bears in the 00s it's Rex Grossman's and the Bears unwillingness to bail on him's fault.

Kyle Orton probably game manages his way to winning that loving Superbowl. One of the greatest defenses of literally all time just loving wasted because Rex always got hurt, and would like have a stretch of 2 games where he was good or fine, and then go play like dogshit for 6 more games.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 26, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
That defense didn't function right once Mike Brown went out; they certainly couldn't stop the Colts from running it down their throats despite 3 all-pro front 7 guys. Squeaked by Seattle in OT, admittedly had a great game against the Saints, then played poorly in the superbowl.

To be fair, that's probably because they were so worried about the pass, but I don't think Orton on offense solves that problem. Heck, they may not have beaten the Seahawks without Grossman throwing a bomb early.

But going back and looking at the box score, what the hell happened. 11 first downs, but Grossman was 20 for 28, Jones 15 carries for 112. Was Grossman just constantly completing short passes and them punting? The long for the receivers was 22 yards. Lol at Benson 2 carries, -1 yard , one fumble lost.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Losing Tommie Harris hurt more than Mike Brown, although Danieal Manning blowing coverage and allowing a touchdown definitely hurt.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Sataere posted:

Losing Tommie Harris hurt more than Mike Brown, although Danieal Manning blowing coverage and allowing a touchdown definitely hurt.

I legitimately forgot they lost Tommie Harris, woops! You're absolutely right.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

trevorreznik posted:

That defense didn't function right once Mike Brown went out; they certainly couldn't stop the Colts from running it down their throats despite 3 all-pro front 7 guys. Squeaked by Seattle in OT, admittedly had a great game against the Saints, then played poorly in the superbowl.

To be fair, that's probably because they were so worried about the pass, but I don't think Orton on offense solves that problem. Heck, they may not have beaten the Seahawks without Grossman throwing a bomb early.

But going back and looking at the box score, what the hell happened. 11 first downs, but Grossman was 20 for 28, Jones 15 carries for 112. Was Grossman just constantly completing short passes and them punting? The long for the receivers was 22 yards. Lol at Benson 2 carries, -1 yard , one fumble lost.

Orton on offense probably wouldn't have thrown the game breaking pick-6.

Orton probably moves the ball enough to get Gould more than one loving field goal.

Like Rex's play after the first quarter was just absolutely dire, and despite that they were still in that loving game because of the defense, until Rex threw those two loving interceptions late.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like I know people want to blame the defense, but man, when your offense is incapable of even just loving flipping the field or getting even field goals there is just jack poo poo they can do. When they have zero margin for error.

and even then, it was 22-17 Colts, in the early 4th and the Bears had the ball, the next two possessions for the Bears would end in picks, one a pick 6.

Like you could just tell the defense lost all will in the 4th after that, and then the colts were able to stop throwing, and just run the ball and kill time. Because they didn't fear the offense at all.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 26, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I'm an Orton hater, what can I say.

Those two picks really did end the game even though there was so much time left and the score wasn't that far out of reach. But frankly I blame Rex more for the first half - I checked the play by play and it really was a ton of 3 and outs where he was throwing super, super short. He was there to play hero ball, drat it. You can get to/win a superbowl by throwing really stupid passes and getting lucky, e.g. Flacco's pass over Champ Bailey/Rahim Moore in Denver.

It's probably just my distate for conservative play even if it's usually the smart thing to do.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Offense sucked too much to get one of the best FG kickers of all time into FG range consistently.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The rain didn't help. It took a mediocre offense and turned them really bad.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Thomas Jones kicked rear end that game. They just needed literally anything else from the passing game. I will say to my dying day that the pick six was all on Mushin Muhammed. Rex threw a jump ball to him against a fourth string cornerback and he let that motherfucker beat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Read the thread title as nfc north: tire fire for over a decade so my brain knows what’s up