Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Szechwan posted:

:lmao:

The fact that this is what humanity has decided to join forces on, pumping out some of the best content we've seen in ages is both heartening and depressing all at once.

This is way better than when people were posting a bunch of big assed boats getting stuck in the Suez Canal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What I’m saying is: is the sub a womb metaphor?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vim Fuego posted:

Captain Gonre

cereal eater
Aug 25, 2008

I'd save these, if I wanted too

ps i dont deserve my 'king' nickname
Has anyone considered the very likely possibility that they’re just having so much fun down there they’ve lost track of time?

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Blue Moonlight posted:

One weird trick to circumvent maritime law. SEA PATROL HATES IT!

but what colour is the fringe on their flag?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Regalingualius posted:

What I’m saying is: is the sub a womb metaphor?

It's a penis

Was

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Apparently they've lost this submersible several times before, like they just couldn't fuckin find it because it doesn't have a beacon or a gps. I bet it's just sitting there 20 feet below the water's surface

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Regalingualius posted:

Is this going to end like that one episode of Evangelion where Shinji gets trapped inside an angel, and then Unit 01 rips its way out all covered in blood?

it already ended like the hospital team in Akira.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

pig labeled 3 posted:

If only there was some place beyond the reaches of modern society where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality.

lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

cereal eater posted:

Has anyone considered the very likely possibility that they’re just having so much fun down there they’ve lost track of time?

They're having a bunch of fun down there and they didn't even invite any of us? Rude!

Well now I'm not even sure I want them to make it back.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Yardbomb posted:

So do we mark them down as new passengers on the Titanic or

this depends on whether or not they got entangled in the wreckage

v watch out you're gonna end up like that guy who had his girlfriend blast rear end all over him to satisfy his fart fetish and the tldr at the end of his post was "i no longer have a fart fetish"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 22, 2023

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

another thing i am wondering is what do you think the sub smells like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

lol thank you :)

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Apparently they've lost this submersible several times before, like they just couldn't fuckin find it because it doesn't have a beacon or a gps. I bet it's just sitting there 20 feet below the water's surface

wtf

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022
crabs aren't even finished sifting the bone fragments for manflesh yet

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1671555535873937408

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zamujasa posted:

genuine question; if this thing undergoes total implosion, and carbon fiber tends to just shatter, what's the likelihood of any poo poo actually showing up at the surfce in anything other than random bits of scraps?

at the surface? nil, unless there's, like, an oxygen bottle or something that happens to survive the implosion

e: actually i'm not sure an oxygen bottle would do the thing, it would have to be something both bouyant and minimally compressible

there'll be various miscellaneous bits on the seabed and some of them could conceivably be recognizable (like the speakers)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah this is the poo poo I'm just dumbfounded on

Like what good is text message communication for navigation?

"I went a little bit forward"
"Sure thing boss"

"Battery at 83%"
"Ok"

"The alarm for hull damage beeped once or twice we are going to come up"
"Ok"

How does send text communication help you navigate 4km down?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you just know they're loving and sucking away those last few precious hours of oxygen. it's what we'd all do. it's what god would want.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I borrowed a bit from the image earlier

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me

Up in the sun they search away
Under the sea we starve and pray
Don't be so hasty
These guys look tasty
Under the sea

The controller is really crappy
Bluetooth Logitech controls
The folks in this sub ain't happy
They sad 'cuz we are lost souls
But those in the sub is lucky
We in for a worser fate
Four days when the air gets yucky
Stockton's gon' be on the plate

Oh no!
Under the sea
Under the sea
Rescue's not comin'
Nothin' is runnin'
Soon we can't breathe

Our big dive hit a snag
Four days of making GBS threads in a bag
I just ate Hamish
But I'm still famished
Under the sea

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah, honestly it would of been more surprising if the sub hadn't of gotten into massive trouble.

The Musk inspiration behind the sub really shows.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

frumpykvetchbot posted:

From experience, when I drop a small screw on the shop floor and can't find it, I use Adam Savage's "rescue party" trick sometimes with success: Drop another screw from the same starting place and watch where it goes.

oh, now i understand why jamie stopped working with him

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This whole submarine bullshit is a filler arc before something major happens later right? Has big time dragonball z driver's ed vibes. somethin terribles probably gonna happen later this summer lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Yardbomb posted:

So do we mark them down as new passengers on the Titanic or

Stowaways at best. Invasive debris at worst.

fullerene posted:

crabs aren't even finished sifting the bone fragments for manflesh yet

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1671555535873937408

If they had more oxygen left this could have been like on Avenue 5 where they try to get people on Earth invested in a rescue of the ship but instead someone makes a tv show about the ship and everyone on Earth is too invested in the dramatization of their suffering to want the Avenue 5 rescued.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HonorableTB posted:

This whole submarine bullshit is a filler arc before something major happens later right? Has big time dragonball z driver's ed vibes. somethin terribles probably gonna happen later this summer lol

Honestly rich people killing themselves in stupid ways just a pretty normal thing. Filler was probably musk buying twitter thing and the stupidity that followed that. That's a proper filler starting plot.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Jestery posted:

"Sure thing boss"

"Battery at 83%"
"Ok"

"Ok"

Apparently they used to have constant voice comms but the owner didn't like it because the interruptions from the surface ruined the vibe so he replaced it with the text system.

They also considered an emergency beacon but decided not to for reasons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jestery posted:

"Sure thing boss"

"Battery at 83%"
"Ok"

"Ok"

I'm betting their replies were mostly Teams emojis

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Billionaires

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

HonorableTB posted:

The worse thing happened last week, this is a potential redemption arc for the ocean
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/syria-migrants-boat-sinking-titanic-submersive-missing-rcna90336

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The idiots fired and sued the safety engineer that refused to certify the groversub because they didn't want to fork over money to x-ray the hull after testing at pressure.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FlapYoJacks posted:

The idiots fired and sued the safety engineer that refused to certify the groversub because they didn't want to fork over money to x-ray the hull after testing at pressure.

If it was a real Groversub they would have just got their own certifications and signed off on their own poo poo

Also the sub would have 120 outlets

E:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 22, 2023

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

And Musk wanted to put a bunch of Thai kids in one

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Canuckistan posted:

It's about 4 degrees Celsius down there. I imagine 5 people in that little space generate enough heat to offset, but has anyone seen anything about that?

Their oxygen reserves are supposedly oxygen candles. They burn at 900C

Pookah posted:

Apparently they did not, and the carbon fiber looked like poo poo even before it went under stress!

https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/20/a-whistleblower-raised-safety-concerns-about-oceangates-submersible-in-2018-then-he-was-fired

This was the report written up by the safety guy they fired - he was afraid the "acoustic monitoring system" would basically go off a millisecond before implosion.

The person that claimed they have oxygen candles also claimed he had to repair a 6x5ft section of delaminated carbon because Spencer Composites hosed up the epoxy carbon fiber is impregnated with.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The worse thing happened last week, this is a potential redemption arc for the ocean
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/syria-migrants-boat-sinking-titanic-submersive-missing-rcna90336

We offered sleeping C'thulhu a thousand sacrifices
That he might reach up from Ry'leh with his eldritch hand
And drag one billionaire into the briny deep.

We ask ourselves, is this too much?
No.
No, it is not enough.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

freelop posted:

Billionaires

hey mods, can we have strikeout text in the thread title? Asking for a freelop

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

And Musk wanted to put a bunch of Thai kids in one

"sir this cave has lots of tight winds"
"alright make the sub capsule like... 15ft long"
"it won't clear the corners, this won't work"
"you're a pedo"

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

"sir this cave has lots of tight winds"
"alright make the sub capsule like... 15ft long"
"it won't clear the corners, this won't work"
"you're a pedo"

"your honour, my client used the term pedo guy as a general insult, his friends used to throw it around all the time when they were kids back in Jo'berg ... yes your honour, I'm sure his father having two children with the girl he raised since she was four was completely unrelated to their calling everyone a pedo"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

HonorableTB posted:

The sub looked kinda sus but Frieza assured me that the dive would only take five minutes.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Sydin posted:

The sub looked kinda sus but Frieza assured me that the dive would only take five minutes.

Was Goku in this sub? is that why it's taking so many episodes to hear back from them?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

freelop posted:

Boullionaires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
For some reason, I was reminded of JFK Jr crashing his plane because he decided to fly in conditions that he wasn't properly trained for (flight instructors noted that he needed visible horizon to fly safely, and didn't clear him for instrument-only flight without a flight instructor present). He also had an ankle injury and a flight instructor noted that it hampered with his ability to properly control the rudders for landing and taxiing, etc.

Rich people and their hubris