Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

Like both at the same time, a crossfade, or just my heart will go on with the ambiance? I'm a miracle worker.

I was imagining it as distant ambiance from the titanic while astronomia plays but you’re the expert lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

trouser chili posted:

It’s far more distressing that two of the hosts in that video are no longer with us. Jesse Combs and Grant Imahara, those were some pretty good humans.

Although it was only Jesse that died in a similarly stupid manner as our Titanic friends.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Okay I'd like to bring up again the personalities in the boat. I mean what's the survival here I feel like one person's just kind of relaxing maybe meditating eating a snack. One guy's just trying to fix things like constantly another guy's muttering a song and then the fourth guy is just like losing his loving mind. But the other three are trying to tell him not to be negative. I feel like that's been the way it's been for the last like maybe day and a half or so and then that's when it started to get really grim. I'm sure the billionaires were probably reassuring everyone that they were going to be rescued by you know a constant support from their family or some loving bullshit like that

I guarantee the captain is arguing that there's nothing else he could have done to prevent this like 100% till the end he's going to be arguing that everything he did was right

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay I'd like to bring up again the personalities in the boat. I mean what's the survival here I feel like one person's just kind of relaxing maybe meditating eating a snack. One guy's just trying to fix things like constantly another guy's muttering a song and then the fourth guy is just like losing his loving mind. But the other three are trying to tell him not to be negative. I feel like that's been the way it's been for the last like maybe day and a half or so and then that's when it started to get really grim. I'm sure the billionaires were probably reassuring everyone that they were going to be rescued by you know a constant support from their family or some loving bullshit like that

they all realize they are going to die. if they have not already be pasted by physics.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they're probably swapping their favorite leadership anecdotes that are just getting more and more embellished as time goes on

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Oh poo poo

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hobbesmaster posted:

I was imagining it as distant ambiance from the titanic while astronomia plays but you’re the expert lol

https://soundcloud.com/grey-6093051...=social_sharing

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 22, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

lmao this rules but I'm disappointed it didn't end with a sudden, violent crunching noise.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I guarantee the captain is arguing that there's nothing else he could have done to prevent this like 100% till the end he's going to be arguing that everything he did was right

One of thems been duct taped to a wall like Steve Buscemi in Armageddon

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Hell yeah Vampire Survivors co-op because there wasn't already enough poo poo on the screen

Also, I know how they can access more oxygen:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Not great not terrible

I don't see Joe Biden doing a thing about this though which is concerning.

Donald Trump would already have had his wetsuit on and gone down and dragged this submarine back to the surface himself.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Although it was only Jesse that died in a similarly stupid manner as our Titanic friends.

Yes, she did. But she didn’t take anyone with her and was actually trying to tread new ground, not LARP as James Cameron.

Question: If you die LARPing it’s not really “live” anymore, so what is it?

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 22, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lmao this rules but I'm disappointed it didn't end with a sudden, violent crunching noise.

Ask and you shall recieve, it's updated
https://soundcloud.com/grey-6093051...=social_sharing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I met some old dude one time and he told me he had a couple Bonneville land speed records.

"Oh wow so you piloted those?" I said.

"No I just designed and built them. I didn't get to my age my piloting them."

:whitewater:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Watergate, Pizzagate, Oceangate? What next Spacegate with Elon Musk?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Regalingualius posted:

.. -. / .... .. ... / .... --- ..- ... . / .- - / .-. .-..-. .-.. -.-- . .... / -.. . .- -.. / -.-. - .... ..- .-.. .... ..- / .-- .- .. - ... / ... .... .. - - .. -. --.

I laughed the hardest, of all the jokes, at this.

And I don't even know what it means.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Stargate was RIGHT THERE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Droogie posted:

Stargate was RIGHT THERE

Elon's the kind of dipshit who would walk face first into the kawoosh and erase himself down to his shins.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:discourse:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

LMFAO
My shitpost song already blowing up after a couple min.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

marsgate, except this time it's an actual gate, a wormhole device that sends you to its linked gate, except nobody's used it for millions of years and the destination point is invalid, so you hit a wall at the end and it sucks your flattened, splatted remains back and spits them out all over the rest of the science team

but of course replace "you" with "elon musk"

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

:five:

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Let me tell you what this thread is like a breath of fresh air, I haven’t read a thread this good in a long rear end time

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

ruddiger posted:

subs over dubs debate getting a little out of hand

gently caress haha

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

doesn't look like vista, the square taskbar icons means it's at least windows 7. probably not windows 10, doesn't look flat enough to me.

The sub was probably hit with Russian ransomware at a bad time.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Scam Likely posted:

Quick, give me a Sharpie before the oxygen runs out!

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

holefoods posted:

so assuming they weren’t turned into paste 3 days ago, there’s no way that thing held together all this time being that deep down, right? it sounds like it was a miracle it ever made the trip once, I can’t imagine that it withstands days of that pressure

There is the very slight chance that it lost power and then surfaced successfully. No power, no communications, just bobbing along at the surface with no way out.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm surprised Elon hasn't yet tweeted out how to save the men

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmfao legend

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
what if this was like balloon boy and the five clowns on this would-be deathtrap are just hanging out somewhere funny before popping out when the air supposedly runs out like "hi everyone we're just fine, funny prank :)"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Number_6 posted:

The sub was probably hit with Russian ransomware at a bad time.

Deep blue screen of death.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Oh lordy

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Waste of Breath posted:

(thrift shoppishly) it's a fuckin coffin

lol

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's a curious quirk of this situation that the O2 timer is such a hard deadline. Like, there can't be any speculation about how they maybe made it to the surface because it doesn't matter. They're bolted in from the outside and can't egress without help.

Is that a common thing for submarines?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Skippy McPants posted:

It's a curious quirk of this situation that the O2 timer is such a hard deadline. Like, there can't be any speculation about how they maybe made it to the surface because it doesn't matter. They're bolted in from the outside and can't egress without help.

Shant speculate

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/mihailo____/status/1671665669769666561

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Skippy McPants posted:

Submarines, no.
Submersibles for that depth, yes. Deep Sea challenger was bolted shut.
E: And that WAS the most famoustest of submersibles.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
As soon as I saw the sub I thought “Iron Lung but with iPads”

:sickos:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You know what they say. "Go woke. Go to the bottom of the ocean."
Go woke. Sub broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Skippy McPants posted:

there's nothing common about vehicles that can take people this deep, there are very few that exist

i don't think the bolted in design is a flaw, more of an engineering trade-off that requires careful consideration in the rest of the system design, including the support ship

there's not a lot of detail about what kind of redundancy and backup systems are onboard this thing, but the general consensus seems to be: not enough