Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Silksong released last year under a false name as part of an ARG, like Frog Fractions 2. Team Cherry is really bitter that nobody found it.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

barclayed posted:

lol i thought this was an obscure ace attorney reference but wow that's a real play

It's one of the most famous plays ever written.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

ImpAtom posted:

They... they reference the play in regards to the character.

welp im a dumbass

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

barclayed posted:

lol i thought this was an obscure ace attorney reference but wow that's a real play

Lol

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Getting a lot of ace attorney vibes from this play

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

It's one of the most famous plays ever written.

First I've ever heard of it.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Mymla posted:

First I've ever heard of it.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

probably every gamer I know has no idea about the play

and also pronounce it "goh-dot"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i studied Beckett in undergrad and honestly you're better off not knowing him. the man was a genius, his plays are brilliant artistic accomplishments, but they're excruciating to actually sit through (by design)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i studied Beckett in undergrad and honestly you're better off not knowing him. the man was a genius, his plays are brilliant artistic accomplishments, but they're excruciating to actually sit through (by design)

Look, the goal is to make you want to get a rope and it succeeds.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

see when i googled the play i read the name sam beckett and my first thought was 'why is the guy from quantum leap writing plays'

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like the boffo laughs tbh. Slipping on banana peels, trousers falling down. Lot of charlie chaplin and buster keaton in Beckett

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I was concerned TC would cave to pressure amd release the game before it was ready. I was so glad to not see it in the direct, I didnt want them to rush this the way TotK or Elden Ring were.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

TotK is the exact opposite of rushed...

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

ImpAtom posted:

Look, the goal is to make you want to get a rope and it succeeds.

Pace picante sauce can do the same thing in 30 seconds.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Alxprit posted:

TotK is the exact opposite of rushed...
That Is The Joke Dot Jay Peg

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Just take two of these and Bapanada :pervert:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

silksong plz

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The people are starving

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:lol:

I'll unironically watch this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ahahaha just found the delicate flower quest. ahahahahaha this game :shepicide:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ahahaha just found the delicate flower quest. ahahahahaha this game :shepicide:

Here’s the best route, but there’s a longer one that goes through the mushroom land. Place a dream marker in front of the flower lady in case you gently caress up. Clear all the enemies on the route but do not sit at a bench! If you sit down they all respawn. A few minor bugs do respawn but they’re not that dangerous. There’s one tricky jump over the thorns right by the grave, practice it a few times before committing. You get a mask shard for doing it.

More tips here: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Delicate_Flower_(Quest)

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 23, 2023

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Jokes on you, I love his novels and reading about how to sort rocks between your pockets for forty minutes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man I completely forgot about using the dream marker for fuckups.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yer almost definitely going to gently caress up at some point. I hosed up on the final jump. Twice. It's insanely easy to goof.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Yer almost definitely going to gently caress up at some point. I hosed up on the final jump. Twice. It's insanely easy to goof.

Same. Like I can make that jump 99 times out of 100, but because it’s at the end of this long quest and you’re close, your hands get sweaty and derpy and your muscle memory skills go out the window.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

rest on a bench right before accepting the delicate flower for the true experience #gitgud

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Cartoon Man posted:

Same. Like I can make that jump 99 times out of 100, but because it’s at the end of this long quest and you’re close, your hands get sweaty and derpy and your muscle memory skills go out the window.

However I would recommend explicitly and intentionally practicing this jump several times before attempting the quest!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is Bapanada pronounced Ba-panada (sounding like Canada), or Bapa-Nada (Like nothing, nada, zilch).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is Bapanada pronounced Ba-panada (sounding like Canada), or Bapa-Nada (Like nothing, nada, zilch).

It's pronounced play the game?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Imo you should play Hollow Knight and find out

edit: bapanadaed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

It's pronounced play the game?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Sigh
Bapa-nada.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

Clear all the enemies on the route but do not sit at a bench! If you sit down they all respawn.

Oh man, that never occurred to me! Though, most of my failed attempts were due to botched jumps rather than enemies.

One of my favorite things about HK is how open the world is. I had so much fun planning my routes for things like this quest and the speed run achievements.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

dont let these men shame you, my elven eyes still see bapanda

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

kung fu bapanada

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I got the flower quest on the first intentional attempt (I'm not counting accidentally getting a flower long before I had any clue where to bring it). I definitely didn't do that 'best route" though lol, mine was way less straightforward and chosen based around what seemed reliably safest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
bap
ana
da