Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The number of people with the characters light cone for limited surprises me kind of. Like I've gone for it with both Seele and Silver Wolf, but I did not expect to see that to generally be the case for most people. I guess the kinder weapon banner is really working for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I feel like Seele and JY having such high LC numbers will be an outlier, enabled by the amount of launch rewards. SW is already much lower and I expect Luocha will be too, though part of it will be due to their roles and relative strength/usefulness of their LCs (esp compared to 4* options).

Granted the SW banner still has time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

frajaq posted:

I still don't know what Effect Hit Rate means btw

Effect Hit Rate is your chance to stick status ailments like debuffs and DoTs. The extremely brief TLDR rule of thumb is that at level 80 fighting level 80+ enemies you need a total of about 85% EHR on nihility debuffers like Silver Wolf and Pela to relatively consistently stick their stuff on most boss targets. That's across all of their stuff, so you can generally get what you need from an EHR chestpiece, their traces, and a light cone or a couple of sub stats on your other gear.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Those stats are skewed toward whales because they're based on Memory of Chaos, and a ton of f2p or low paying players won't bother playing it at this point if ever.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

haypliss posted:

I feel like Seele and JY having such high LC numbers will be an outlier, enabled by the amount of launch rewards. SW is already much lower and I expect Luocha will be too, though part of it will be due to their roles and relative strength/usefulness of their LCs (esp compared to 4* options).

Granted the SW banner still has time.

Before the Tutorial Mission starts is loving ridiculous, so the smart move was not pulling Incessant Rain. I still did anyway because I'm not very smart. And yeah I suppose doing it off MoC stats REALLY skews the numbers. Luocha is also in a weird case where his lc is fine, but he honestly benefits the most from Multiplication because it's a really dumb cone just as a 3*.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Those stats are skewed toward whales because they're based on Memory of Chaos, and a ton of f2p or low paying players won't bother playing it at this point if ever.

it's me i am not doing memory of chaos and only discovered last week

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oh drat, I was gonna level up a Shared Feeling for Luocha but Multiplication does look really good for him.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've cleared Forgotten Halls through 14, 3 starring through 13, but now I'm hitting a DPS wall. I absolutely need to work on my gear which this event might help with. I think most of my characters have a hodge podge of blues and greens with +3 to +6 or so on average, since I've been going wide leveling everyone and their light cones to 60.

Does MoC continue up linearly in difficulty from FH or does it get easy again starting with #1?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
FH15 is level 65, MoC1 is 68, so linear.

Levels help huge but the fights get pretty rough unless you've got meta builds and comps. I finally beat stage 6 (the deer) last night but with 0 stars. Stage 7 is level 83

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I'm at a similar point as you. 3 starring through 13, and then 2-starring 14 and barely scraping through 15. I upgraded some dudes and only managed to get one more star on 15. Still feels far away from 3-starring.

Then I went into MoC1 and got megastomped.

After upgrading more traces across both teams, I'm still 2 whole cycles away from 2-starring. So yeah, it keeps going up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I find it shocking how few people are using Break Effect Silver Wolf.

E: Like 70% of the people have her at E0 where BE works best. It's weird.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Ha...ha ha ha.

Luocha is based on a villain (both in appearance and mannerisms) in the previous Honkai games who did evil, completely hosed up things because he wanted to find a way to resurrect someone and he's honestly one of the most hateable, pathetic villains in a game I've seen because of it. I don't think Luocha is going to turn out to be evil, I think his deal is mostly a red herring but that mentality isn't healthy for anyone in Honkai games especially.

drat I’m even more hype to roll for him now

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm not doing Break Effect Silver Wolf because she's on the same team as my Sushang who has +40 from her E4 and does the job faster. Silver Wolf is just a debuffer and defense shredder for me as she just enables Sushang to hit harder.

BE Silver Wolf is the best use of her at E0, but it still depends on her team composition.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

I'm not doing Break Effect Silver Wolf because she's on the same team as my Sushang who has +40 from her E4 and does the job faster. Silver Wolf is just a debuffer and defense shredder for me as she just enables Sushang to hit harder.

BE Silver Wolf is the best use of her at E0, but it still depends on her team composition.

Is your Sushang doing that?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Even in the video I linked before, it was considered a niche build in CN. ('Niche' in popularity, not necessarily strength or jankiness.)

I think it's just not a 'meta' build even if it's viable and strong. And don't underestimate the power of groupthink and 'meta' in gaming communities, lol.

I think people also have a tendency to theorycraft for the best-in-slot endgame scenario and then beelining for that, rather than planning for a smoother gear upgrade path. Like, you'll get a ton more bang for your buck if you just stack medium amounts of break effect, compared to a trickle of CR% and a piddling amount of CDMG%.

I also wonder if it's because you can't hit the 3-turn ult breakpoint with EAA unless you land the break (or get hit once), so it's less consistent? But for MoC, that's something you get to plan and play around, and you're rewarded with some pretty decent DPS if you pull it off.

Walla posted:

That's the thing; the idea of Break Effect SW because she's still doing her primary job of debuffing. It's just that it doesn't cost you that much to slap a bit of BE% on top, and you get a ton of value if she happens to land the break. (Still, my only issue is with her energy if she doesn't land the break.)

Also you get a bunch of defensive benefit from the quantum break, because you BE% affects the amount of attack bar pushback on top of your Entanglement dot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

For what it's worth, if you have E1 you don't even need the break to do EAA ult cycles, and if you're really worried you can do two-skill cycles and still get the energy without the break in a pinch.

But yeah, she's basically my DPS for my B-side team in MoC, because she straight up does half a boss's HP bar by herself with the break.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

The reason I haven't built BE on Silver Wolf is mainly that she's still new. My first priority was to build EH% on her so that she can do her main job, and get her traces up to an acceptable level. I haven't really had time to optimize any more than that. I dunno how many people are in my shoes, but I'd expect the numbers on these things to change as people have more time.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Just get e2 dps SW and watch things die before they break or before the dot ticks :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Detheros posted:

Just get e2 dps SW and watch things die before they break or before the dot ticks :v:
please I beg stop tempting me to pull for SW eidolons, I have other units I want to pull for and don't wanna spend more than 10 dollars a month

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

I have more use with Sushang physical break or yan qing freezes. So going damage for my e2 sw

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i dont have break effect on SW because all my thief gear is literal garbage and im not farming it after i spent a bunch of time farming quantum set for seele anyway

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Is E0 Sushang better than E0 Silver Wolf? No.

Is E5 Sushang better than E0 Silver Wolf? Maybe?

That's kind of what I'm working on here. My units are level 60 with level 60 LCs and most of my relics are 4 star and bad.

With my best relic set, I can get 102% Break Effect, 118% with Talia's condition active. With Sushang's E4, that's 142%, or 158%. The formula for Physical Break gets a bit wonky, but it's arguable that 158% of Physical Break is at least equivalent to 118% of Quantum. Maybe more against bosses since the formula is different there.

Add on to that, Sushang gets to 140 speed with moderate gear and her Talent at around 5 and she's in a team with Asta who gives her another ~40 speed through her ult. Sushang easily goes twice during several turns, making her ability to break not only faster but far more consistent, especially on the turns she can use her ultimate.

Just as a quick example, my Silver Wolf did around 2,000 on break against a Void Ranger and another 6,000 entanglement damage at 5 stacks. My Sushang did around 7,000 damage on another Void Ranger on break and the enemy immediately died so I don't know what the dot would be. Just 1 example so take it with a big grain of salt.

It's far more efficient with E4 Sushang to build her for Break with defense and speed substats, and to build Silver Wolf for Effect Hit and BE substats for the couple of times she lands a break. But it's very difficult to line up in the team I put her in, and I don't feel like switching gears to something different.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

A +15 effect hit chest and the event cone gets you literally all the effect hit you need, though. There's no "building for effect hit" because one piece does all of it.

Like, I have 138% BE and 110% EHR.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy loving poo poo that was not the voice I was expecting for Otto in English. So used to hearing Akira Ashida's sleazy bishonen man voice.

*Watches JP trailer after*

Okay yeah that's more the expected tempo.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
e: dammit beaten because I tried too hard to show how low-effort it can be

double edit: Fixed EHR substat values because I was looking at the wrong line

AshtonDragon posted:

The reason I haven't built BE on Silver Wolf is mainly that she's still new. My first priority was to build EH% on her so that she can do her main job, and get her traces up to an acceptable level. I haven't really had time to optimize any more than that. I dunno how many people are in my shoes, but I'd expect the numbers on these things to change as people have more time.

Let's assume you have:
- Level 60/70 (max skill/ult level 7, traces up to ascension 5)
- Skill/ult level 7 (level 60/70) -- 81.25% base chance to land weakness implant on skill, 100% chance for all-res shred on skill, 94.38% chance to land ult
- +12 4* EHR chest
- 2x 5* relics with 2 rolls into BE substats each (let's say, on helm/gloves since the main stats on these are fixed)
- S5 freebie event LC

Then you have a minimum of 28.75% (EHR mainstat chest) + 2 * 6.92% (2 5*s with 2x EHR substat rolls each, assuming minimum rolls each time) + 10% (4% + 6% from traces) + 40% (event LC) = 92.59% EHR%.

Then, assuming the max enemy 40% effect res, you have:
- 81.25 * 1.9259 * 0.6 = 94% chance to land weakness implant
- 100 * 1.9259 * 0.6 = 116% chance to land then all-res shred from skill (but who cares, that's not what you came here for)
- 94.38 * 1.9259 * 0.6 = 109% chance to land ult

The point is, with just a minimum amount of effort in EHR, you can literally devote everything else to break effect. You can run 4pc Thief's (which also gives you just enough energy to ult in 3 turns provided that you break without needing an ER rope), you can either run Talia's or a BE rope (or both!). Surely you should have a 4* EHR Thief's chest, and a smattering of 5* Thief's with 4 total EHR substat rolls (or 4* Thief's with 5-6 rolls) across helm/gloves/boots/offset sphere by now.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 23, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cool.

I need to start optimizing team 2. I can take down Bronya in 4 cycles in FH 14. Svarog is the problem. I literally need 1 extra action on the last cycle, but I keep trying it with my Serval and Sampo combo. Maybe I should try team Slow instead.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Team Slow won't make the cycles tick down any slower. It's still like 1000 action value per cycle or whatever, so it's really only a defensive thing. Maybe.

I found this guy's healer-less/shielder-less MoC 10 so my AstaWelt power duo dreams live on! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12x12lviV9U

It's not very fast though.

(I also randomly pulled Gepard like 30 pulls into standard banner so I technically don't need this, but I'm doing it purely out of principle at this point.)

Kale posted:

Holy loving poo poo that was not the voice I was expecting for Otto in English. So used to hearing Akira Ashida's sleazy bishonen man voice.

Yeah I watched the English trailer first and was also disappointed by the distinct lack of smarminess.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 23, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

facepalmolive posted:

e: dammit beaten because I tried too hard to show how low-effort it can be

Yeah, to provide a visual example, this is my Silver Wolf:

Admittedly I know I've gotten some pretty spicy Speed rolls on certain pieces (her hat especially) but I'm actually over what I need at trace level 8 to hit everything in MoC with her skill and ult.

One day I'll find an orb with HP% and get 4 speed on it to turn on the other half of Talia's and then she'll really be smoking people.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Slow/Freeze with Welt/Gepard led me to finding out there's an achievement for going 20 turns in a row without the enemy reacting. Needlessly to say, I kind of felt bad about that one.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I let energy cap for almost 24 hours

How do I delete my account

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

Team Slow won't make the cycles tick down any slower. It's still like 1000 action value per cycle or whatever, so it's really only a defensive thing. Maybe.

Oh I know. It's team Slow because it's Dan Heng, Welt, Tingyun and March. It's designed to slow the enemy and get extra damage and actions because of it, since both Dan and Welt get extra damage on slowed enemies. Asta would arguably be better there, but Tingyun and SW on the same team feels like overkill.

I still need better gear and traces though. It's frustrating because I literally need 1 or 2 extra actions to get 18 stars on FH 14, but it's going to be a while before I can even start working on my second team.

My first team is coming along nicely, especially since I pulled Sushang's E5 this morning. I only really need to activate a couple of her passive traces right now since everything else is around 6 or 7 already thanks to her eidolons. She's doing more damage than Welt right now and he has the benefits of his signature light cone.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Walla posted:

Is E0 Sushang better than E0 Silver Wolf? No.

Is E5 Sushang better than E0 Silver Wolf? Maybe?

That's kind of what I'm working on here. My units are level 60 with level 60 LCs and most of my relics are 4 star and bad.

With my best relic set, I can get 102% Break Effect, 118% with Talia's condition active. With Sushang's E4, that's 142%, or 158%. The formula for Physical Break gets a bit wonky, but it's arguable that 158% of Physical Break is at least equivalent to 118% of Quantum. Maybe more against bosses since the formula is different there.

Add on to that, Sushang gets to 140 speed with moderate gear and her Talent at around 5 and she's in a team with Asta who gives her another ~40 speed through her ult. Sushang easily goes twice during several turns, making her ability to break not only faster but far more consistent, especially on the turns she can use her ultimate.

Just as a quick example, my Silver Wolf did around 2,000 on break against a Void Ranger and another 6,000 entanglement damage at 5 stacks. My Sushang did around 7,000 damage on another Void Ranger on break and the enemy immediately died so I don't know what the dot would be. Just 1 example so take it with a big grain of salt.

It's far more efficient with E4 Sushang to build her for Break with defense and speed substats, and to build Silver Wolf for Effect Hit and BE substats for the couple of times she lands a break. But it's very difficult to line up in the team I put her in, and I don't feel like switching gears to something different.

Something to consider is that Quantum break will also push the enemy back a billion years, and while that's merely "defensive" in most circumstances, with Sushang that also means she get way more turns to hit the enemy while they're broken.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kyrosiris posted:

People bring stuff like this up all the time and I’m willing to be the answer is almost always lack of resources. It’s not convenient to grind out a whole new set and get it to +12 when there are a million other things to do

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's way easier to make a break effect set than any other kind of set, imo. Like, I would consider it the budget option.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

padijun posted:

People bring stuff like this up all the time and I’m willing to be the answer is almost always lack of resources. It’s not convenient to grind out a whole new set and get it to +12 when there are a million other things to do

That's the thing. You don't. One of the selling points is that you dig through your existing Thief sets from your weekly EoW runs + whatever you collected from chests in SpaceChina and you literally just slap it on. You don't farm anything. It takes more effort to farm a quantum set (or cobble together your second-best quantum relics if you already have a quantum carry), if anything.

Basically, if you have your best relics on your carry and can only afford mediocre-quality relics on SW, the best bang for your buck is to go BE. BE has immensely higher floor (pretty good with lovely relics) but much lower ceiling (less damage with perfect relics) than crit/critdmg. It's a single multiplier on a thing with pretty high base damage (toughness break damage), but eventually the thing with multiple multipliers (atk%/CR%/CDMG%/dmg%) will overtake it at high enough gear levels.

vvvv: You don't need it on Talia's. The hope is that you happened to get some BE rope (in any off-set) while farming for somebody else.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 23, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
You still need to get a 5* break effect chain and I haven't found one in the last 4 weeks I've been looking for it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also technically you don't even need to level any piece except the Break Effect rope. Like, none of your other stats matter much.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clarste posted:

Also technically you don't even need to level any piece except the Break Effect rope. Like, none of your other stats matter much.

The EFH chest is important if you're doing MoC.

E: Though you could probably chill at +12; I was for a while.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
You also need to level her up as much as possible to make her break effect actually meaningful, otherwise a 0 break effect carry will do more damage with their break. Leveling up to max is really expensive and there are so much more to farm at this point that a 15K extra damage every 2-3 turns really don't feel worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

AParadox posted:

15K extra damage every 2-3 turns

Try eighty thousand.