Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

I've seen lvl 80 Seele 60K break before in moc so that what I meant, you need a lot of levels for a break effect character to gain an advantage over a high level non break effect one.

edit: RIght now she does a good enough job at lvl 65 with effect rate speed boots and a bunch of hp relics. I have a lot other stuff than need an upgrade before i commit to this.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yes but Jingliu is edgy, has white hair, and a moon theme. She's perfect, no notes.

Yeah I hadn't seen the character in any promo art before the game came out but she was pretty noticeable in the launch trailer leaping upside down. Her eyes also kind of stand out too. It's this kind of neat combination of red yet cold dead eyes. Probably going to be a hit, especially since she looks pretty important to the overall Luofu story arc down the line. There also seems to be some sort of MMD trend with the character, which is kind of hilarious since the models default expression seems to be scowling murderface.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AParadox posted:

I've seen lvl 80 Seele 60K break before in moc so that what I meant, you need a lot of levels for a break effect character to gain an advantage over a high level non break effect one.

edit: RIght now she does a good enough job at lvl 65 with effect rate speed boots and a bunch of hp relics. I have a lot other stuff than need an upgrade before i commit to this.

Honestly I would consider a 40% damage increase from 70 to 80 one of the cheapest and most reliable upgrades in the game.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

facepalmolive posted:

That's the thing. You don't. One of the selling points is that you dig through your existing Thief sets from your weekly EoW runs + whatever you collected from chests in SpaceChina and you literally just slap it on. You don't farm anything. It takes more effort to farm a quantum set (or cobble together your second-best quantum relics if you already have a quantum carry), if anything.

Basically, if you have your best relics on your carry and can only afford mediocre-quality relics on SW, the best bang for your buck is to go BE. BE has immensely higher floor (pretty good with lovely relics) but much lower ceiling (less damage with perfect relics) than crit/critdmg. It's a single multiplier on a thing with pretty high base damage (toughness break damage), but eventually the thing with multiple multipliers (atk%/CR%/CDMG%/dmg%) will overtake it at high enough gear levels.

vvvv: You don't need it on Talia's. The hope is that you happened to get some BE rope (in any off-set) while farming for somebody else.

I just took a cowboy set off someone else and didn’t have to wait weeks for the right pieces to show up from eow. A lot of people probably did something similar, because it didn’t involve getting more relic xp

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

That... is a number. What is it about her kit which makes BE so good on her? The line I always hear about BE is "it was good in beta now it's nerfed and is poo poo".

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Clarste posted:

Honestly I would consider a 40% damage increase from 70 to 80 one of the cheapest and most reliable upgrades in the game.

As far as her personal damage upgrade as a break effect char yes, but its not going to amount to that big upgrade for your team overall. I'm not saying break effect SW is bad, I'm saying its not that budged at the stage where most peoples accounts are. She already strong without it and can be easily used in almost any team as a lvl 60 support and do a great job at it, as long you make sure she doesn't die and have enough effect rate.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

GoodluckJonathan posted:

That... is a number. What is it about her kit which makes BE so good on her? The line I always hear about BE is "it was good in beta now it's nerfed and is poo poo".

It got nerfed, but not to uselessness and is still really useful and powerful.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Quantum is one of the best Break Effect elements and she can contribute like 80% of her utility without any attack stats, making other sets less valuable on her. Even for Effect Hit, she just needs her event LC and a Effect Hit chest and she's good to go. Getting her enough crit rate and crit damage to matter is much, much harder.

Edit: Oh yeah, and she can give anything quantum weakness so she's more reliable as a designated breaker.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 24, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

It's discussed in today's posts, basically you can reach her max effect hit chance with her chest and LC, so you're free to put BE on her too. I'm not convinced it matters. Maybe for some accounts, but I dont see how it would help me push MoC vs just having her in quantum or gunslinger. Maybe it is good enough to let you beat another level or two? Idk. I don't want to put any relic xp into the clownsuit until someone comes out who really NEEDS it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why did you put any relic xp into the quantum set then?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
As someone who's been using Break Effect Silver Wolf, I think she's really good for harder fights that you can't/don't want to just auto. Because as long as you're willing to leave her Ult in reserve for a few turns, you can pretty consistently break with her on pretty much anything you've put Quantum weakness on, and a high break effect number combined with the Entanglement status effect often leads to you getting two or three full team turns before even elite enemies have a chance to recover

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Not saying it's a bad build, just saying it might not be worth it to put together a break effect set for her for everyone. She'd have to be able to do something you couldn't do before, in the set you've already got her in. If you're pulling her and starting the build from scratch, go hog wild

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I had SW in cowboy hand-me-downs for a while and frankly they did almost nothing for her so I gave her the break set and it's a lot of fun. To be fair, I already had a leveled break set on Asta so I just switched it over.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Like.... hitting the deer for 80k in what I assume is MoC6 seems p loving good. I have what I thought was a pretty decent sub-dps set but I don't see numbers like that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Clarste posted:

To be fair, I already had a leveled break set on Asta so I just switched it over.
Yeah, this was basically the case for me as well, and I figure if I ever decide to grind the Quantum set for Silver Wolf, surely I'll have someone who could use a tricked out 5-star break set

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Not saying it's a bad build, just saying it might not be worth it to put together a break effect set for her for everyone. She'd have to be able to do something you couldn't do before, in the set you've already got her in. If you're pulling her and starting the build from scratch, go hog wild

The only piece that might be specific for her is the EHR chest. Otherwise I don't consider putting together a BE set for SW a waste, because you can always give that set to somebody else once you've decided to move on. (In fact, I didn't put together a BE set for SW so much as ripping it straight off Serval who's warming the bench right now.) And I've felt that it's always useful to have a single BE set available to pass around (especially to throw onto a new character, for example).

Also once again, I wouldn't go out of my way farming for a Thief's set. You should have a handful lying around from your weekly EoW runs.

AParadox posted:

You also need to level her up as much as possible to make her break effect actually meaningful, otherwise a 0 break effect carry will do more damage with their break. Leveling up to max is really expensive and there are so much more to farm at this point that a 15K extra damage every 2-3 turns really don't feel worth it.

This is a good point. If anything the bigger 'waste' is leveling, because character exp is not transferable to anyone else later. So I mean, I guess don't level her higher than you'd intend to level her otherwise?

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Nothing really? Just that she does her regular debuffing job just as well, and BE is just a very cheap, efficient cherry to drop on top. You can probably do this with any support that hits the enemy for decent amounts of toughness damage. Just that you wouldn't do it on say, Pela, because while freeze is plenty useful on its own, it doesn't scale very well at all with BE.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You probably wouldn't do it on a buffing support because
- buffers really need speed to keep up with your DPS using up all their buffs, making the Musketeer and Wind sets more appealing
- buffers don't really do much toughness damage, so landing the break with them is way more difficult

But it's a good set for any debuffer that hits the enemy to apply debuffs. As long as their element has a useful break effect, anyway.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

facepalmolive posted:

The only piece that might be specific for her is the EHR chest. Otherwise I don't consider putting together a BE set for SW a waste, because you can always give that set to somebody else once you've decided to move on. (In fact, I didn't put together a BE set for SW so much as ripping it straight off Serval who's warming the bench right now.) And I've felt that it's always useful to have a single BE set available to pass around (especially to throw onto a new character, for example).

Also once again, I wouldn't go out of my way farming for a Thief's set. You should have a handful lying around from your weekly EoW runs.

I feel like people are misunderstanding what I'm saying. Whether or not it's worth building SW as BE is based on the context of your account's current roster and progression. I'm not saying it's bad for everyone, or a waste of resources for everyone. I'm only saying that it might not be worth building up another set of gear for SW if what she's got right now is doing fine for you. Even if it ends up being the optimal choice in all contexts, the optimality only matters if it lets you beat content you couldn't already beat.

My original post was just musing about it in relation to my own situation, not as a criticism of the build idea.

I personally hope that it IS an optimal build for her, because it kinda sucks how much musketeer dominates on supports. Every armor set should have an appealing use case for at least a couple characters

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

can we get more fire units pls

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, to provide a visual example, this is my Silver Wolf:

Admittedly I know I've gotten some pretty spicy Speed rolls on certain pieces (her hat especially) but I'm actually over what I need at trace level 8 to hit everything in MoC with her skill and ult.

One day I'll find an orb with HP% and get 4 speed on it to turn on the other half of Talia's and then she'll really be smoking people.

Where is this from? Is there an enka equivalent for Star Rail?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

JT Jag posted:

a high break effect number combined with the Entanglement status effect often leads to you getting two or three full team turns before even elite enemies have a chance to recover

Yeah, that's the other thing. My SW's break is a 72% pushback - 25% from the act of a break at all, then 47% more due to her BE-empowered Entanglement (Entanglement is normally 20%, multiplied by Break Effect). I've seen people get sent back 200+ action value before.

Baiard posted:

Where is this from? Is there an enka equivalent for Star Rail?

https://rails-express.vercel.app/ - found it on reddit, it makes infographics of a given UID's signature characters (so your support unit + the other three you choose to show off).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Meowywitch posted:

can we get more fire units pls

If the discussion earlier in the thread was correct, Topaz will be coming in 1.4. She's a Fire Hunt character, sort of a single-target version of Jing Yuan, relying on a "summon" to deal damage via follow-up attacks. Except she's not as tied to the summon's turn coming up on its own; both her skill and her ult force it to attack*.

*: current datamined version, mechanics subject to change.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gah, they really need to boost SU path blessing weighting, just had an incredibly cursed run where I only got the first resonance power up after the second elite.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Feel like there's a decent number of fire characters already.

Like 4? Is that the most aside from lightning?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zurai posted:

If the discussion earlier in the thread was correct, Topaz will be coming in 1.4. She's a Fire Hunt character, sort of a single-target version of Jing Yuan, relying on a "summon" to deal damage via follow-up attacks. Except she's not as tied to the summon's turn coming up on its own; both her skill and her ult force it to attack*.

*: current datamined version, mechanics subject to change.

show me the datamined characters

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Feel like there's a decent number of fire characters already.

Like 4? Is that the most aside from lightning?

there is one 5* fire character and it's Himeko

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

Gah, they really need to boost SU path blessing weighting, just had an incredibly cursed run where I only got the first resonance power up after the second elite.

Honestly if I don't have my resonance by the end of the first two rooms, I just bail and restart.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Jabor posted:

You probably wouldn't do it on a buffing support because
- buffers really need speed to keep up with your DPS using up all their buffs, making the Musketeer and Wind sets more appealing
- buffers don't really do much toughness damage, so landing the break with them is way more difficult

But it's a good set for any debuffer that hits the enemy to apply debuffs. As long as their element has a useful break effect, anyway.

I mean, except for Asta who provides constant full party buffs regardless of her speed and has the best break skill in the game (tied with Sampo I believe).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah I agree with this. I’ve had a few really bad runs because of this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

there is one 5* fire character and it's Himeko

There's 2 because the protag though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Meowywitch posted:

Here's the link to the google docs

These are all subject to change naturally (though the kits probably won't deviate too much) and some of the leaked kits are probably still in concept/testing phase. Some characters have also changed rarities/Paths in between leaks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

blizzardvizard posted:

These are all subject to change naturally (though the kits probably won't deviate too much)

Kafka basically changed into a different character within the last 2 weeks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow a character name Black Swan, i am sure this is a tribute to my favorite Darren Aronofsky movie.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tae posted:

Kafka basically changed into a different character within the last 2 weeks

Did she? The biggest change is that her Talent now inflicts Shock on E0 and DoT Vulnerability on E1 instead of vice-versa, but her main gimmick of triggering DoTs on Skill/Ult cast didn't change. They just moved some Traces and Eidolons around and adjusted some numbers.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If anyone is on the fence about grabbing Silver Wolf in the last few days of the banner and wants to mess around with the hilarity that is E2, I just replaced Bronya with picrel in my support slot:

Does need to land her ult on a 5x debuff target though because I don't have a single ER rope, not even a 3* one. RNG is a bitch.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wow a character name Black Swan, i am sure this is a tribute to my favorite Darren Aronofsky movie.

please no story or character spoilers per thread rules

sushibandit posted:

If anyone is on the fence about grabbing Silver Wolf in the last few days of the banner and wants to mess around with the hilarity that is E2, I just replaced Bronya with picrel in my support slot:

Does need to land her ult on a 5x debuff target though because I don't have a single ER rope, not even a 3* one. RNG is a bitch.

how do u make these

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

blizzardvizard posted:

Did she? The biggest change is that her Talent now inflicts Shock on E0 and DoT Vulnerability on E1 instead of vice-versa, but her main gimmick of triggering DoTs on Skill/Ult cast didn't change. They just moved some Traces and Eidolons around and adjusted some numbers.

I mean any change that moves something between base kit and Eidolons should be considered significant. She used to require enemies be shocked to trigger her talent and the next version of her got a break-focused trace that resulted in every Lightning% trace being replaced with BE% ones. She remained the same base idea of a DOT trigger character under those, but I feel like everything surrounding that base idea is significant because it influences how you build/play her.

I feel like that sort of significant design shift should be seen as a possibility for all of these other characters we mostly know as LC photos or lore names plus notepad files of their kit/Eidolons without any hard numbers on damage/buff values or durations.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 24, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So, if I hit 50% crit on my Jing without a crit rate chest, should I go crit damage chest instead?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chocobo posted:

So, if I hit 50% crit on my Jing without a crit rate chest, should I go crit damage chest instead?
You honestly can't go wrong cranking crit even more, as long as it isn't so high it renders Lightning Lord's crit bonus irrelevant. But both ATK and crit damage would be good as well

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Chocobo posted:

For crit dependent dps, the general thought is you want a 1:2 ration of crit rate/crit damage, but I'm not sure how that still holds in this game given damage per turn vs time. I don't mind a higher rate so it's more reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tatsuta Age posted:

please no story or character spoilers per thread rules

why are you being weird about this lol