Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I don't want Prigozhin in charge any more than I want Putin in charge. I want this stupid pointless invasion and attempted genocide to end, and killing and destruction to stop.

But as long as it's fascist Russian elites killing other fascist Russian elites, it may help end this sooner than waiting for Putin to die of old age. Confusion to the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LaserPrinter69 posted:

25,000 people is a lot but it's not THAT much compared to a modern nation's military. And Wagner has been complaining for a year that they're severely under supplied. And some significant percentage of their fighting force is just some dimwit convicts. And they're geographically spread out all over the Eastern front of Ukraine. I'm really surprised they're steamrolling their way to the nations capital, meeting either no resistance or blasting their way through fortified military installations like they were made of tissue paper.

maybe they werent undersupplied lol

this clearly required a lot of planning. They were stockpiling

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LaserPrinter69 posted:

25,000 people is a lot but it's not THAT much compared to a modern nation's military. And Wagner has been complaining for a year that they're severely under supplied. And some significant percentage of their fighting force is just some dimwit convicts. And they're geographically spread out all over the Eastern front of Ukraine. I'm really surprised they're steamrolling their way to the nations capital, meeting either no resistance or blasting their way through fortified military installations like they were made of tissue paper.

Reread what you said and think about this. What if Wagner is not severely under? What if they've just been stockpiling depots in regions that are loyal to them and those stockpiles are about to be activated as well as the Wagner veterans. I don't think it's the 25,000 Wagner rights that you have to worry about, I think it's the army units that are literally leaving Ukraine as we speak to go and join them and shore up positions in rostov and move towards moscow. I mean we literally saw them take the ministry of defense building with out many shots fired that's not something you do if your enemy's confident that you have a very small force. The enemy being the Russian federation, is very aware that they are hosed in The jig Is up I mean there's a reason that they had to put a media blackout on wagner.

What I'm wondering now is those presidential posters of prigohzin that I saw a few weeks ago and had posted here were actually low-key recruitment ads and interest checks on having prigohzin take power

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LaserPrinter69 posted:

It looks like some reports are saying the whole under supplied thing may have been a lie and Wagner was stocking up for this.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Barudak posted:

Word is Prig has been lying about being underfunded and instead stockpiling weapons and men for this assault and since Russia is full of thieves everyone assumed it was true.

"Wow, these random chucklefucks who keep invading Belgorod seem to be facing no resistance.

what if..."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its tragic that some Russians decided to gently caress off back to Russia but not all Russians

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1672617002576355328?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Fun fact: during the last days of the battle of Berlin, most of the German defenders consisted of different SS Volunteer Divisions from across Europe!

they've got Captain Alex on it

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

do you remember like 18 months ago when putin could have just decided to not do any of this poo poo for no reason? lol

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Blow posted:

What in the gently caress is happening?

The Fall of an Empire.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Valdai doesn't seem like the most defensible position I mean it's surrounded by Forest on three sides and a lake to the north. I really don't know if Putin's thinking this one through.

Russian armies are not exactly known to excel in forests and lakes.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

mcvey posted:

Lol

L m a o

Started by laughing at one hotdog man on SA, now laughing at another.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

do you remember like 18 months ago when putin could have just decided to not do any of this poo poo for no reason? lol

No, because something something blood and soil something something ukrainians arent a real people something something ukrainian nazis

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

LaserPrinter69 posted:

That should be true, but the army of the glorious motherland does not appear to be unified, led by competent commanders or even half assed organized to protect major cities or their own military installations.

They might get their poo poo together. They might not. :shrug:

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Rust Martialis posted:

Confusion to the enemy.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Peace for the peace God

Somebody get me an angelic version of this
:unsmigghh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ronwayne posted:

Started by laughing at one hotdog man on SA, now laughing at another.

doob i tochka

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Comstar posted:

The Fall of an Empire.

calling russia an empire is stretching the words meaning imo

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Getting close to Tula huh?
https://twitter.com/PjotrSauer/status/1672609015686217728?t=5-7faeRwbj17tUIjBXD3Fg&s=19
Rumors rumors rumors

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

electoral empire: land doesn't pay tribute

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

LaserPrinter69 posted:

There's multiple issues I think that Putin has inadvertently created.

1. He might have actually succeeded in declawing the military as a political threat but the result is that its not able to effectively respond to a threat like this, or even particularly loyal to any regime at all, even his own.
2. Wagner has gained a ton of institutional experience in all of the wars its been sent to, I've heard its actually done the brunt of serious fighting in Ukraine for the last few months while the Russian army itself is being held back to recover after very nasty losses in the first phase of the war.
3. Its position as a kind of grey army that can be scapegoated for failures and doesn't receive high priority for supply has almost certainly been breeding extreme resentment in the force, certainly Prigozhin constant rhetoric bears out this idea that nobody there is happy at how they are treated and used by the government. Additionally I think this and the fury of the war has bred furious loyalty within its ranks to the unit and Prigozhin himself, something that does not exist in the Russian military and its attitude towards Putin.
4. They seem to have been lying about their munitions situation and may have been stockpiling for exactly this kind of play.
5. They have successfully painted themselves as serious Russian patriots on the front line dying every day against the homo-Nazi forces of NATO, even if regular Russian troops are sent to deal with them it may be very difficult to get them to actually engage, the morale problem from fighting your countrymen who were on the frontline against Ukraine 2 days ago is a serious problem.
6. The Russian army itself has all kinds of problems that have been thrown into sharp focus by the war, rather than fighting them a lot of regular soldiers may well be tempted to join them and get rid of the perceived fat-cats back in Moscow.

I don't want to overstate it, I still think that Putin has the advantage, but I think this is why 25K men seem to be punching so far above their weight class.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Barudak posted:

No, because something something blood and soil something something ukrainians arent a real people something something ukrainian nazis

You forgot something something NATO and something something biolabs.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't they only have like four of those?

Supposedly they had 5 (not a expert, just did some googling) but they were old (80's Soviet era) and in the process of upgrading them starting in 2021 or so.

I don't know if that was one of the fancy upgraded version but either way its actually a pretty big deal to lose one and it'll actually put a decent crimp on their ability to coordinate air forces in the region now.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Poogie’s Doghouse

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The_Franz posted:

You forgot something something NATO and something something biolabs.

All I know is that these NATO funded color revolutions are getting out of hand.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Kchama posted:

It turns out that this is one of the pitfalls of making your populace as apathetic as possible: They don't give a gently caress if you're being overthrown.

Well if you know you've no say in your government 'Meet the new boss, same as the old' becomes the thing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

They fight like their soldiers.
Drunken and badly.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Smartest cop
https://twitter.com/vorobyov/status/1672613496138203137?t=WPTzId7DCD_jpjQDpcJMAA&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

shocking footage of putin being shot by prigozhin during rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLjP2ajXvs

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Blow posted:

What in the gently caress is happening?

:wtf:

I'm not a shooting down planes expert but it looks like they shot down a plane idk

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Kahdyrovites still waiting to get in to Rostov: https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672621753623781379

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:siren: MOD PSA PLEASE READ :siren:

It's absolutely great and lol worthy that Putin is being hoisted by his own petard. It rules, not going to lie

HOWEVER

do not go into other threads in other forums on here to dunk on people, no matter how fun that may seem, because the same poo poo is going to happen here and then it'll be a whole thing

Thank you

Why go into other threads to dunk on them. Just do it here like by calling them loving losers who deserve every minute of mental discomfort they're suffering because of their habituated simp for a strongman autocrat

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Blue Raider posted:

Missed the last couple centuries of Russian expansion, did you?

“If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons.” (Winston Churchill)

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

oh poo poo, you're back! <3

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Staluigi posted:

Why go into other threads to dunk on them. Just do it here like by calling them loving losers who deserve every minute of mental discomfort they're suffering because of their habituated simp for a strongman autocrat

There are still goofballs on this forum who support Putin? I thought we got rid of them all already.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

for real i would believe if prighozhin was made in a CIA biolab

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sino_Market/status/1672618130634338304

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Does Wagner not have anything to hit them with as they sit there or are they going to roll in and join the coup?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Idkl and nobody else does.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Deformed Church posted:

It's also possible that his hold on power was slipping earlier and the war was an attempt at consolidation (which ultimately failed, obviously).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005