Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Train carrying 'potential contaminants' derails into Yellowstone River in Montana https://abcnews.go.com/US/train-derails-yellowstone-river-after-bridge-collapse/story?id=100356919

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"doing your job to specification" is "quiet quitting"

doing your job is quitting

sterilize every single manager

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I know a lot of people in tech who have been trying to push back against managers demanding too much of them. So capital is going to label them as 'loud quitters'. Failed state.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SKULL.GIF posted:

"doing your job to specification" is "quiet quitting"

doing your job is quitting

sterilize every single manager

That's a chatgpt article. It's completely devoid of substance.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/fchollet/status/1672655081060319232

This is not a shitpost. tl;dr: the AI bubble was significantly driven by the school year.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 23:30 on Jun 24, 2023

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1672692341436559360?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

good news for servers !!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

please….DC brunch culture is insufferable enough when they only have weekends

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I just bought $1000 worth of index funds so the nuclear apocalypse is on me guys, my bad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

webcams for christ posted:

lol that The Boys concedes as a premise that "super fast super hero" is just about as lame an archetype as Aquaman, (which was also used by Entourage as an implausibly stupid superhero feature) and WB made feature movies about both

Aquaman was good. I liked it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

I just bought $1000 worth of index funds so the nuclear apocalypse is on me guys, my bad.

How's the dip taste?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

sick now I can spend $22 to eat French Toast and bacon in a hastily constructed shack two feet from the street with cars honking and spewing fumes every day of the week

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Maed posted:

sick now I can spend $22 to eat French Toast and bacon in a hastily constructed shack two feet from the street with cars honking and spewing fumes every day of the week

yeah that’s called a restaurant

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i balked at an 18.99 diner quality cheeseburger deluxe tonight. make my own burger.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

i balked at an 18.99 diner quality cheeseburger deluxe tonight. make my own burger.

was that also the price of ground beef/lb

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

was that also the price of ground beef/lb

I see variation between $2.50 and $10.99 in the same store for the same product. which is wild. Rich people buy it anytime and everybody else only on the sale days.

bifurcated economy sucks poo poo.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Don't understand. These two seem to just be eating lunch, a sandwich and a salad ?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SorePotato posted:

Don't understand. These two seem to just be eating lunch, a sandwich and a salad ?

What makes it brunch is drinking before noon, and restaurants are salivating at the prospect of that 7 days a week.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1672642296192331782?s=20

:lol:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

SorePotato posted:

If you slam some fast food french toast sticks in the parking lot then it counts as brunch. doesn't matter how old they are

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1672680993302487040

quote:

Currently, my part-time jobs as a project officer at a university, a yoga teacher, a tutor and an online dominatrix bring in $2,505 a month.

You can't just spring this poo poo on me I abruptly burst out laughing

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

now this is more relatable

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/04/29/i-live-in-a-62month-dumpster-that-i-built-for-5000.html

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1672680993302487040

You can't just spring this poo poo on me I abruptly burst out laughing

that entire article is basically a parody of the genre

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Aquaman was good. I liked it

apparently they are keeping amber heard for the sequel? Warner brothers casting is really amazing

it’s fun to watch WB light themselves on fire, I’ve had comic book fatigue for the past decade

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The $62/mo isn't rent for the land, it's rent for the dumpster which he made improvements to without owning, I guess.

Mans got free land rent and that's not the story? If you have free land rent live in a camper.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

It's good to keep Amber Heard on account of she does not deserve to lose her career for being an abuse victim

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Warner brothers owns Captain Planet

just make that! have them grisly murder oil executives

but I guess the chud in charge won’t let us watch nice things

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

brunch hasn't been cool since you could get $20 unlimited mimosas but I'm pretty sure people like me and my exgf ruined it by staying for 5 hours and puking in the bathroom

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Twerk from Home posted:

The $62/mo isn't rent for the land, it's rent for the dumpster which he made improvements to without owning, I guess.

Mans got free land rent and that's not the story? If you have free land rent live in a camper.

He is living on the land free because he got permission from the owner, which is an art collective. The dumpster is an art project which is why they let him live there in it

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I used my life savings to buy this trash pile and now I live in a lawn chair on top of it for only $3600/mo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Zoomers don't give a poo poo what's new or old, it's all on the internet in a big pile.

As well as being in all the movies they watch.

this is an insightful and depressing post, but also life finds a way. hard to say if good or bad

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I see variation between $2.50 and $10.99 in the same store for the same product. which is wild. Rich people buy it anytime and everybody else only on the sale days.

bifurcated economy sucks poo poo.

that's weird ground beef's the same price per pound as bananas where i shop

also wagyu ribeyes for that matter

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Real hurthling! posted:

Train carrying 'potential contaminants' derails into Yellowstone River in Montana https://abcnews.go.com/US/train-derails-yellowstone-river-after-bridge-collapse/story?id=100356919

It derailed due to the bridge collapsing

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

insane clown pussy posted:

that's weird ground beef's the same price per pound as bananas where i shop

also wagyu ribeyes for that matter

I’ve been getting roasts that I can cut into steaks for 3.50. but flank has been 14.99. chicken drumettes have been from 0.99 to 5.99. it’s all over the loving place.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

OhFunny posted:

It derailed due to the bridge collapsing

drat burying the lead

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’ve been getting roasts that I can cut into steaks for 3.50. but flank has been 14.99. chicken drumettes have been from 0.99 to 5.99. it’s all over the loving place.

gotta use that 4011 discount

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Infrastructure weak!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to the next Trailer Park Boys remake where its still a trailer park but everyone is a highly paid full time working professional earning 6 or 7 figures. They just can't afford anything better.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

net work error posted:

Infrastructure weak!

lack of budget and planning allows us to emergency repair stuff which is good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yes proghozin’s hp bar is about to go from 100 to 0

how have i never heard of that guy until today