Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

my wife stepped in human poop when we visited SF. she cried. i laughed.

Alright, I have a dumb question. Everytime this comes up someone comes in and says this is a normal thing in cities, but I have never in my decades of life seen human poo poo on the sidewalk in any of the cities I've been to in the various midwestern states around me, so are the coastal cities just buried in mountains of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
in my city people just poop in toilets

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1671382707216031744?s=20

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lol the dog doesn't know that the guy feeding him is "just a nanny" you rich fuckin dolts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

at least that is a realistic wage

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
more than i get paid as a cpa in kangaroo dollars

gently caress rich people

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Why are they paying a dog sitter 127k for "utmost discretion". What are they doing to that dog

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:yeah:

To be more serious, though: the '00s gave us W, 9/11, and the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Tremendous content.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I feel like it was just last year that I learned in my area that the reason why none of our local restaurants do brunch anymore is because of the low pool of restaurant workers and how generally expensive it can be for these non brunch restaurants to do them on Sundays.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Microplastics posted:

Why are they paying a dog sitter 127k for "utmost discretion". What are they doing to that dog

ill take the money, do yhe walks, pick up poo poo, give all the tummy scritches etc, but i do have some concerns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Microplastics posted:

It's not about the dog but the hosed up rich people stuff in the house probably

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's not about the dog but the hosed up rich people stuff in the house probably

its always sexual deviancy of the legally questionable kind at least

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

They gently caress that dog

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Shear Modulus posted:

was he intentionally exposing himself to massive amounts of radiation or something

Pessimism kills

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

biceps crimes posted:

I saw a man with his pants around his ankles, pushing his rear end back and making GBS threads in the middle of the street on my first work trip to San Francisco. Core memory formed and locked

I saw a portly man, fully nude, with a partially erect penis and a satisfied grin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Microplastics posted:

playtime is over

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Microplastics posted:

At 127k it's going to be a "You live with us and travel the world with us" position where you are responsible for taking care of the dog in Paris or Sydney or wherever and billionaires don't want their lives broadcast to the world.

When you are babysitting the dog on the jet to Milan you are supposed to ignore the politicians/celebrities/hookers/victims the billionaire is dealing with. Utmost discretion.

quote:

Dunn said that the ideal candidate “would be not too big of a character and be good at blending into the background then popping out when required.”

Yeah, they want to go about their lives bribing local officials, doing hosed up poo poo or insider trading while you ghost around in the background taking care of a minor annoyance (dog upkeep) without interfering or saying anything. Billionaires have a public image and if Zuckerbergs dog walker told people what he does in his living room it'd be front page news.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 13:20 on Jun 25, 2023

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Feel like they could spring for a little more if they want the dog slave to take care of things and not say anything about the Eyes Wide Shut mask orgies

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i think you guys are overthinking things
130 grand for someone to take care of a billionaire's precious furbabies is probably the equivalent of you paying a hundred dollars for a dog sitter

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Alright, I have a dumb question. Everytime this comes up someone comes in and says this is a normal thing in cities, but I have never in my decades of life seen human poo poo on the sidewalk in any of the cities I've been to in the various midwestern states around me, so are the coastal cities just buried in mountains of poo poo?

Dog or human the poo poo smears itself on your shoe sole more or less the same way.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the 127k may include the budget for the dog so who knows

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

shrike82 posted:

i think you guys are overthinking things
130 grand for someone to take care of a billionaire's precious furbabies is probably the equivalent of you paying a hundred dollars for a dog sitter

Wow I never really thought about how billionaires can afford more stuff thab me

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

No, no it is not normal.

It might seem normal for people who live in places where human poo poo on the streets is routine though. Certain places. They might think everywhere else is also like that.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

1 weird trick to upsell airline tickets!

just got scammed out of ~$500 by an airline because their website had an "error" and charged+issued my wife's ticket with seat reservations, but not mine. call up the customer service and they're like "huh, yeah I see your info but it didn't go through. would you like me to complete the booking? sorry I don't have control over the prices, according to the T&C, blahblahblah... so do you want to get on the same flight as your partner or not?"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

No, no it is not normal.

It might seem normal for people who live in places where human poo poo on the streets is routine though. Certain places. They might think everywhere else is also like that.

Even Los Angeles, the other bigger Californian hell city, has far less human poop on the street by any metric than San Francisco. Like by volume this city that is like 8X the size of the lovely SF Bay has less poop. Per Capita it is far less poop than SF. Normalize square footage of city/poop ratio and SF still has way more than LA.

SocksOnARooster
Mar 18, 2009

Microplastics posted:

someone's always trying to come up with a new kind of quitting in the hopes their article goes viral. they're throwing poo poo against the wall.

chatgpt, write a short article that begins "you've heard about quiet quitting, but what about horse quitting?"

hire me

Forget about horse quitting, the new trend is hearse quitting.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in my city people just poop in toilets
I poop in a big toilet with my wife.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

real wages falling faster than historical average while profits are better than historical average

BIS annual report

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

webcams for christ posted:

lol that The Boys concedes as a premise that "super fast super hero" is just about as lame an archetype as Aquaman, (which was also used by Entourage as an implausibly stupid superhero feature) and WB made feature movies about both

I want to see the James Cameron directed Aquaman movie starring Vinnie Chase

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ive seen poo poo on the sidewalks plenty of times here in Portland. public toilets don't exist though so it makes sense. apparently, building toilets so the homeless don't poo poo outside would be rewarding them.

in the future, we will see a portland mayoral candidate make a commercial with them reenacting the daniel pearl beheading but with a homeless person playing daniel pearl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ny is a blessed place where the man-ure is tastefully hidden

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
I thought the poo poo on the streets in SF had to do with lack of shelters. Cold cities build shelters because otherwise people find frozen corpses on the way to work. SF doesn’t freeze so you find the people and their poo poo on the way to work.

https://medium.com/@josefow/the-one-stat-that-explains-sfs-street-homeless-crisis-e863329ba8ed a medium post cause I’m not link wrangling on my phone to get around pay walls.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Boot and Rally posted:

I thought the poo poo on the streets in SF had to do with lack of shelters. Cold cities build shelters because otherwise people find frozen corpses on the way to work. SF doesn’t freeze so you find the people and their poo poo on the way to work.

https://medium.com/@josefow/the-one-stat-that-explains-sfs-street-homeless-crisis-e863329ba8ed a medium post cause I’m not link wrangling on my phone to get around pay walls.

i'm reminded of the recall campaign commercial made by gavin newsom that featured him destroying a homeless person's possessions

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Microplastics posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1669756210797588500?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he named the dog steam?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Real hurthling! posted:

he named the dog steam?

Lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

he named the dog steam?

lmao

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Real hurthling! posted:

he named the dog steam?

⛳👏

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Real hurthling! posted:

he named the dog steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Also caught on trail cameras: the ghost of Joe Paterno, looking the other way